[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Adam Ruins Everything - Why People Think Video Games Are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: Screenshot_15.jpg (266 KB, 1263x679) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_15.jpg
266 KB, 1263x679
>Adam Ruins Everything - Why People Think Video Games Are Just for Boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i08CVkBxvBM
>>
>Why People Think Video Games Are Just for Boys
The same reason why erotic novels are for women and pony cartoons are for children.

Oh.
>>
File: Screenshot_16.jpg (484 KB, 1268x677) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_16.jpg
484 KB, 1268x677
>More women play video games than teenage boys
>BUT THAT'S COUNTING STUPID MOBILE GAMES
>Uh so? Games are games Jake, all that means is that mainstream consoles like PS4 and Xbox One are refusing to serve a HUGE untapped market!

HAHAA OH WOW
>>
How much are you guys paid to make sure that a thread about this show is on the front page at all times? Is 4chan in on it, or are you guys independent?
>>
>>318443861
Not feeling like watching it
What are the reasons?
>>
Host looks like the By Azura kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AvchZWG4_Y
>>
>>318444487
According to the video it's because Nintendo advertised to boys after the '82 crash. A black kid who serves to bring up shitty arguments for adam to refute even responds to adam's claim that most gamers are women with a "but they mostly play phone games." He says that they still count and it's the fault of the big companies for pushing women out of console games.
>>
>>318444417
Someone mirror it
>>
>>318443861
was that supposed to be funny? The only thing I thought was funny was Jessie Pinkman saying "YEAH BITCH"
>>
>>318444746
And don't forget at the end the kid starts thrashing around, yelling and breaking shit when he gets told girls like video games.

Gee, I wonder what that is supposed to represent
>>
>>318444487
In the eighties it was all paradise, gaming was for the family, there were female devs, after the 83 crash, Nintendo decided to advertise games in the toys section, thus had to choose between the "boys toys" and "female toys" sections, decided to go with boys just by luck I tell ya
>>
>games are art

kek disregarded
>>
>>318444746
It seriously bothers me that people really think that the people who play mobile stuff like candy crush is the same market as the ones who will play the newest AAA RPG like fallout 4 to say some game
>>
>>318444746
That's retarded. The women that play iOS games on their phone would never pay several hundert dollars to play the same games on their couch instead.
>>
>>318445443
Exactly.

The entire reason that industry exists is because it's mobile and available at all times.
>>
>>318444746
I guess slot machines should be counted too, cause they are games which mostly have video screens today

>dat senior market
>>
>there are more adult women than teenage boys playing video games

Gee, it's not like those numbers are representative of anything, considering there's 7 years of "teen" and "adult" can mean fucking anything
>>
>>318445637
Konami must be taking advice from this guy
>>
>>318444416
There is a market, but it is being tapped. By phones.

The kind of people who play mobile games aren't going to buy a $300-$400 video game console.
>>
File: rock and roll2.gif (400 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
rock and roll2.gif
400 KB, 200x150
>>318444416
This is even more retarded than the usual feminist spiel.

This whole time I was told it's because games have content that's violent and action oriented that appeals to boys (gross). I should've known it was the sexist marketing scheme.

>PS4 and Xbox One are refusing to serve a HUGE untapped market!
I love how he says this even though he basically just demonstrated how that specific market is already being tapped by mobile games.

ALSO ALSO, they really don't have their facts straight if they think E.T. was a product of greedy publishers trying to flood the market to make a quick buck.
>>
>>318443861
Came here to share this bullshit.
>>
>>318444982
I AM SILLY
>>
File: tumblr_msfpeiZuL71sydj82o6_250.gif (275 KB, 158x110) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msfpeiZuL71sydj82o6_250.gif
275 KB, 158x110
>>318443861
>Just for Boys

Because guys were the majority players when I was growing up, and girls were fucking savage in their condemnation of us for playing them.

What's the mystery again?
>>
>>318446217

girls are perfect being who can't and dindu nuffin wrong
>>
>>318444723
Maybe if he had a child with Drew Carry.
>>
>>318444416
>Uh so? Games are games Jake, all that means is that mainstream consoles like PS4 and Xbox One are refusing to serve a HUGE untapped market!

That's not how markets work. Candy Crush and other phone games are popular because they're free and on phones almost everyone has. Casuals aren't going to go out and buy a fucking $300 console to play Bejeweled clones on a living room TV, they have their phone to do that. You have to be fucking retarded to not see why the phone game consumer base has no interest in consoles.
>>
>>318443861
>Completely ignores why nintendo chose males over females, implying it was a random choice.
i
>>
File: start-Race-10.jpg (239 KB, 3312x1848) Image search: [Google]
start-Race-10.jpg
239 KB, 3312x1848
>majority of racing car drivers are men

Ummm, excuse me? Women drive too. I know literally thousands of girls who drive. Just because they drive automatic hatchbacks and can't even change a tyre doesn't make them any less of a driver. Friendly reminder.
>>
File: 1353196126931.jpg (169 KB, 350x602) Image search: [Google]
1353196126931.jpg
169 KB, 350x602
>>318443861
Let me answer that one for you:

>for 90% of the history of gaming, gaming has been an anti-social activity
>women are the social gender, therefore women looked down on people who played games
>games become social
>women flock to the most social games: MMOs, facebook games, etc.
>blame the industry for not catering to them when that's literally the opposite of what they did
>>
>>318444982
look on the bright side at least he didn't go around raping women.
>>
File: 1431551455872.jpg (13 KB, 468x398) Image search: [Google]
1431551455872.jpg
13 KB, 468x398
>>318446995
Why does this only happen to vidja? Women don't try to make car enthusiasts or fucking wrestling fans alter their hobbies to suit them, why is vidja filled with cancer?
>>
>>318447587
Video games require zero to little training, and zero physical prowess. They're easy to slot yourself into.

If they really cared about female representation in modern media they'd tackle hip-hop but that's in the too hard basket. Rappers aren't socially awkward omegas who'll try and white-knight their way into some psycho pussy.
>>
>those 3 women
>literally nobodies

Phone me when a female reaches the level of Miyamoto, Kojima or hell even Molyneux.
>>
>>318448030
Didn't you buy Jade's game?
>>
>>318447775
>Rappers aren't socially awkward omegas
Of course, how have I never realized this. By their very nature, video games have a very anti-social, immature and stupid fanbase, who are easily manipulated. This was destined to happen, their was no to avoid it.
>>
I have no desire to feed this video views or attention. I don't know why you'd want to, OP.

Are you a shill?
>>
I wonder why Nintendo didn't market for both genders.
>waaah why aren't people making games for casual players who don't care about couple minute gaming per day
The real question is why aren't you making games you want to see instead of bitching about it.
>>
I really fucking hate this argument, people really don't get this do they?

Capitalism.

IT

JUST

WORKS
>>
>>318449071
Marxism disagree!
>>
File: getthefuckout.gif (1 MB, 320x181) Image search: [Google]
getthefuckout.gif
1 MB, 320x181
>>318449146
Shut up Commie.
>>
>>318443861
>he doesn't mention Ms. Pac-Man was originally a fan hack of the regular Pac-man and then Namco decided to use it for a sequel game.

It's almost like this guy doesn't do his research, or maybe he only describes things that are directly related to his point and don't bother to point out any contrary or confusing information that would make people buy directly into his shit less. You see, when you make a Youtube video that's supposed to have a point, you're supposed to invent a problem that doesn't exist and explain it in entirely more words than necessary to Corey Matthews' Mom.
>>
>>318449071
Much like Fallout 4, it just works as long as you personally define what it means to work.
>>
>>318449221
The only way to fix Capitalism is to remove it entire!

>>318449321
The guy doesn't do his research, it's written by different people.
And ever since that 1 in 5 people get eaten by Bears, I just think that College humor has gone full SJW now.
>>
File: Adam-Conover[1].jpg (222 KB, 2049x1200) Image search: [Google]
Adam-Conover[1].jpg
222 KB, 2049x1200
>>
>>318449664
Hello Lenin
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.