[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why can't modern pokemon games have this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: original.jpg (349 KB, 800x960) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
349 KB, 800x960
why can't modern pokemon games have this
>>
>>318443374
Why can't Dragon Quest have it and needs to falsely advertise their games?
>>
>>318443605
what do you mean? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuGcpSCkyfk
>>
>>318443374
NavDex basically did this, didn't it?
>>
>>318443726
Proven not to be in the actual game.
>>
>>318443374
because game freak is shit
>>
>>318443876
>proven
>>
>>318443876
elaborate
>>
>>318444249

I think he's talking about how you can't have 2D and 3D simultaneously. You have to choose which style you want.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/30/dragon-quest-xi-on-3ds-wont-simultaneously-be-in-3d-and-2d-for-the-entire-game/
>>
>can't even make it look as good as the DS games
>enemies in 2d aren't even animated
It's shit
Fuck Horii.
>>
>>318444394
I don't really mind that. Would look at one screen most of the time, but it's nice to have an option to play on 2D
>>
>>318443726
this is a really stupid gimmick. Dragon quest doesn't need gimmicks.
>>
Remember when we were always debating as to whether or not DQXI would be on the PS4 of 3DS?
>>
>>318444293
>>>318444394
So in short, Pokemon can't have it because Dragon Quest can't have it.
>>318444993
>I don't really mind
not really the argument here. It's just false advertisement.
>>
>>318445332
Its not, its like this in the opening of the game, then the game asks you which style you prefer and then uses that style.
>>
>>318443374
There is no incentive people will still buy pokemon games no matter what they look like or how little they progress
>>
>>318444394
That sucks. It's cool it's at least there for the introductory section, but I was really looking forward to this two screens gimmick so it's disappointing you'll have to switch between them after that.
>>
>>318446079
You can switch at literally any time
>>
>>318444968
It imitates SNES graphics, not PSX (which is what the DS remakes resemble, they use the same engine as DQ7 PSX used)
>>
>>318443374
>all those sprites and tiles literally taken from Dragon Quest III SFC and VI SFC
Jesus christ that's a lazy gimmick
The battles in "2D" mode are even lazier, with no animations whatsoever.
>>
>>318446357
newsflash
2 out of 3 SNES titles had animated enemies in battle, and the rest of the graphics in 2D mode are trying to imitate the two games that had animated enemies
>>
>>318446408
>>318446505
It's supposed to just be a nostalgia trip gimmick, I don't know why anyone would bother with this anyway.
It's like playing the original versions of 1-3 and 4-6 despite SNES and DS remakes respectively existing.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.