[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best 2d platformer made thus far. Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (414 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
414 KB, 1049x1500
This is the best 2d platformer made thus far. Discuss.
>>
It was okay.
>>
>>318443047
thus far in the history of everything?

No.

Thus far on the WiiU? Thus far this decade? sure.
>>
There are better platformers but it's fantastic
>>
It's not even the best Donkey Kong game.
>>
It's a great platformer, but it makes me mad because it's a prime example of Nintendo laziness these days.
>>
>>318443839
How? Especially compared to some of the other games they've released this generation.
>>
DKC2 was better
>>
Maybe if it didn't have an entire world with just swimming levels.

Water worlds are fine, but when all the levels in the water world are swimming levels it's dumb.
>>
it has the best OST of any 2d playformer thus far.
>>
File: Super Mario Bros. 3.jpg (37 KB, 388x550) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario Bros. 3.jpg
37 KB, 388x550
Donkey Kong Country games are all mediocre at best.

This is the best platformer ever made.
>>
>>318444021
If you're talking about the fourth world, at least two levels were on land for the most part (one was a mine cart level).
>>
>>318444021
But it didn't have just swimming levels.
There was a minecart levels and two levels on land.
Returns W4 didn't have regular levels.
>>
>>318444181
It was amazing at the time but it's rather barebones compared to many game released since the SNES era.
>>
>>318444430
>It was amazing at the time but it's rather barebones compared to many game released since the SNES era.

It's still an amazing game, and its simplicity is actually a benefit since the game isn't weighed down by unnecessary fluff. It focuses on being an experience full of action and is all the better for it.
>>
>>318444181
Ehhh, I can never decide which I like better between SMB3 and SMW to be honest family.
>>
File: Shovel Plague Tropical Shadows.jpg (232 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Shovel Plague Tropical Shadows.jpg
232 KB, 2560x1440
Nah, it's alright but it really does not play like the original country at all, I just don't like how donkey kong rolls and moves. Just a lot more stilted and weird I don't know how to describe it. Only other complaints are that I wish the artstyle was slightly more dark/gritty, just a little bit too polished and clean, too bright. The pig checkpoints are also a fucking eyesore, but that is nitpicking.
I mean it is good but I think it is just way overhyped and doesn’t really touch the old games. The best platformer this gen is shovel knight hands fucking down, I don't think it's close. Wooly world is probably great and mario maker is fun I guess, but nothing is touching shovel knight, especially when we have specter knight and king knight campaigns coming.
>>
>>318445180
I like the SMW engine more than SMB3, but SMW itself is a slightly inferior game.
>>
>>318445408
>The best platformer this gen is shovel knight hands fucking down

Holy fuck this bait.
>>
>>318445670
holy fuck this bait
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.