[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that comfy as fuck Hobbiton >that temptation of putting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: file.png (693 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
file.png
693 KB, 640x908
>that comfy as fuck Hobbiton
>that temptation of putting the ring on
>that part where you had to snake past the Ringwraiths
Lord of the Rings vidya thread
>>
Tolkien had good stories but a terrible writing style and it's a chore to read the books.
>>
Damn it, when I was a kid, I never managed to get past those Ringwraiths
>>
>>318442131
I loved the Bree level in this game. And the Mines of Moria are 10/10 spooky.
>>
File: 1433120688492.jpg (12 KB, 374x384) Image search: [Google]
1433120688492.jpg
12 KB, 374x384
>>318443060
OP here

same

Which is why I only wrote up to that part
>>
>>318442281
>Tolkien
>good story
No, he's a good worldbuilder and if you read his books for anything other than worldbuilding you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>318443372
Authors with good worldbuilding are the best.
>>
File: 1425271106362.jpg (95 KB, 386x386) Image search: [Google]
1425271106362.jpg
95 KB, 386x386
>>318442131
Might as well ask here.

How do into fantasy?

friends and g/f nagging me over and over to watch lord of rings, but I just can´t get into elves, walking trees and knight shit.

I tried, but I couldn´t even enjoy lotr while high.
>>
>>318442281
>>318443372
can you guys just fuck off out of the thread. thank you.
>>
>>318443815
if you don't like it, you don't like it anon. Just tell em so and don't force it. Not everything has to be for everyone.
>>
>>318442131
I remember the ring wraiths part on the PC version being the hardest shit ever. That and the barrow downs. Frodo was so shit
>>
File: Thirdagebox.jpg (25 KB, 256x328) Image search: [Google]
Thirdagebox.jpg
25 KB, 256x328
Best LotR game coming through
>>
>>318444195
>Final Fantasy X: Tolkien edition

I fucking loved it, but never finished it. How well has it held up?
>>
>>318443963
I guess so.

It´s not like I´m calling lotr shit, I can definitely enjoy it from a technical perspective (cinematography, cgi,..)

I just can´t warm up to the genre.
>>
>>318443815
I understand the other stuff, but walking trees?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wln8Z2zoKvw
I thought this was the most badass part in the whole series.
>>
>>318444195

My black friend.

Fucking loved this, despite the HOLY SHIT THIS IS LITERALLY THE MOST RETARDED THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED IN A VIDEO GAME HAHA JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS EVEN GOING ON IS THIS EVEN REAL LIFE ending, the way it worked into the story of the movies was pretty great. Playing as a bunch of bumblefuck nobodies was cool.
>>
File: HadhodCst4.jpg (72 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
HadhodCst4.jpg
72 KB, 800x800
>>318444339
I played it again not too long ago, it's still fun as hell.
Hadhod is best character
>>
>>318444510
desu those technical aspects are what I like about the films. Not much into elves and dwarves and shit, but the soundtrack, cinematography casting, locations, makeup, and practical effects are what really steal the show with those films. That's one of the reasons the Hobbit trilogy was so shit, everything was green screened and cgi'd in rather than having an army of dudes of make up. Shit was very unconvincing when it came to battle scene. I wanted to see Manu Bennett in full orc makeup rather than a shitty CGI mocap performance from him.
>>
>>318444510
I mean if you wanna go the vidya route to warm ya up you could try stuff like Icewind Dale or The Elder Scrolls

If RPGs aren't your thing then it might be harder but there was a hack n slash released on the PS2 that was pretty fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiZ3JzrsO7o

But ya don't worry if ya can't some people don't get fantasy its like me with post apocalyptic stuff bores me silly.
>>
>>318444972
maybe I´ll give it another shot, thanks anon
>>
File: lotro-logo-8_18_10.jpg (726 KB, 1920x998) Image search: [Google]
lotro-logo-8_18_10.jpg
726 KB, 1920x998
>Hanging around in the Prancing Pony
>Comfy as fuck
>People doing some light roleplaying
>Playing dumb songs using .abc files on the lute with my friend

This game was pretty good. Shame it went complete 100% Jew mode on the F2P transition though.
>>
File: TheHobbit.jpg (125 KB, 256x327) Image search: [Google]
TheHobbit.jpg
125 KB, 256x327
fun til you get to the elf realm
>>
>>318444339
It's great, the best part is that you unlock unique villain mode as you progress though the game where you get to fight all the important boss battles from villain perspective and the heroes AI doesn't pull any punches.
The only thing I legitimately disliked is how the final boss is just too silly.
After the battle of pelennor fields you look into the Palantir but get noticed by Sauron and have a mental battle with him which is represented by your party fighting the Eye of Sauron on top of his tower. It was just JRPG tier stupid.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.