[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've had this game sitting on my shelf for a few months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: PLvsPWAA_NA_boxart.png (1 MB, 1000x894) Image search: [Google]
PLvsPWAA_NA_boxart.png
1 MB, 1000x894
I've had this game sitting on my shelf for a few months now and I still haven't played it. Is it worth dusting off my 3DS for?

Please, I can't decide for myself.
>>
Absolutely, if you enjoy the Layton and Wright games. Moreso Layton as Phoenix Wright feels more like a tag along then the main focus.
>>
File: oliviaaldente.gif (2 MB, 450x271) Image search: [Google]
oliviaaldente.gif
2 MB, 450x271
Yeah, it's fun. It's worth playing the first games in both series if you haven't though so you at least know the main characters.
>>
>>318440751
All I've played is Ace Attorney, though.
>>
>>318439795
It's fun but in my opinion it felt like it could've been better. If you really do like both games go right ahead.
>>
>>318440751
that's not a chef

thats a stripper
>>
File: 0uzYBie.png (317 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
0uzYBie.png
317 KB, 800x800
>>318440751
>>
File: oliviajuggle.gif (2 MB, 270x225) Image search: [Google]
oliviajuggle.gif
2 MB, 270x225
>>318440903
There isn't that much you'll miss if you haven't played Layton, the game tries to stand on its own, but there's a bunch of references and a few minor characters that are around. Also half the game is Layton so if you don't know what that plays like it's worth checking out.

>>318441026
She works in a hot kitchen, okay
>>
If you're a fan of both or either, you'd love it, but if you're not. It's a good start for both Phoenix Wright and Prof. Layton.

The game is very fun, and if you don't mind the amount of text you'll have to get through you'll love it. The game has more Layton sections (investigations, puzzles, talking to people etc.) than it does Phoenix sections (courtroom) but it's never really boring except near the beginning when everything is being set up.

Music is great, graphics are good for 3DS, takes about 8-12 hours to beat depending on how fast you go with the game.

Play Ghost Trick Phantom Detective while you're at it OP.
>>
File: 1446587426995.png (6 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1446587426995.png
6 KB, 640x480
>>318441625
I've already played Ghost Trick, my man. Shit was fucking ace.
>>
>>318442341

Then you'll enjoy PLvsPW.

Case 3 best case, so git ready.
>>
File: laytonbirthday2.jpg (176 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
laytonbirthday2.jpg
176 KB, 400x240
Kind of funny how Layton comes across as a bit of a prick when matched up with normal people with flaws
>>
>>318439795
if you are a fan of either it is worth the play. I'm assuming you are an Ace Attorney fan, have no fear the court sections are really great. Worth playing a Layton game or two before or after this. Ending is bullshit but otherwise its really great
>>
The ending will either be hilarious or frustrating depending on your general attitude I guess.

It's more of a Layton game than an AA game but it's still enjoyable if you're unfamiliar with PL. If you hate puzzles then don't even bother though, they're not hard in this game but with Layton in general it's more puzzle focused than it is story-focused really.
>>
>>318439795
>bought game
>is it worth playing
wot?
>>
It's absolutely brilliant and one of the best games in both series until like, the last half hour.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.