[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the cheesiest weapon/build in Dark Souls II: SotFS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: dark-soul-2.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark-soul-2.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
What's the cheesiest weapon/build in Dark Souls II: SotFS?

I just picked it up and I'm having a bit of trouble with it. I'm getting my ass kicked way more than DaS or BB, and I just want to finish it so I can say I've played all of them when DaSIII comes out. Is there an equivalent of BKH or Drake Sword that I can just spam to win with?
>>
>>318434092
Hexes are pretty cheap but they take a lot of investment and you probably won't fully utilize them until after the first four or five bosses. If you get lucky and get a halberd from the old knights in Heide's, they're pretty good. Otherwise, the Drangleic sword is okay. Just sword and board, and the game should be easy.
>>
How far in are you?
I did maxed out mace strength build for the majority of the game and it's faceroll up until the last bosses.
>>
>>318434092
Red Iron Twinblade. I did a str build my first playthrough and it was the first souls game I ever played so I got the shit kicked out of me for the first month or so I had it. Eventually I got to where I would win maybe 45% of the time in the arena with my Zweihander. Then I got the RIT and thought it was cool enough to try out. Literally won the first five matches I used it in without even really knowing or testing the moveset. I still pull it out whenever I see a buffed katana or hexer's hood
>>
>>318435051
pretty much this, mace stronk.

my go-to weapon is the claymore, just because it has a balanced moveset, horizontal slashes and thrusts in the main, with an overhand swing if you really need it in the 2h roll.

the main thing you need to do if you are finding things hard is just stop rushing, pay attention to the bosses, learn their attacks and the telegraphing for those attacks, and avoiding them becomes pretty simple.

for example, dukes dear freja will always do her big laserbeam attack if you stand away from her, every time she rears up on her hind legs, you can just run down her right side and get 2 free hits on her, repeat this a few times and shes dead, ignore the spiderlings altogether.

knowing the patterns of attacks means you can generally avoid getting hit completely.
>>
>>318435051
I'm at the Lost Sinner, and it's pushing my shit in
>>
Don't listen to any of these fags above me.

Go str and buy the club from the first merchant you meet in the game
>>
>>318434092
I'm just running around with 40 str and a greatsword and feel pretty untouchable.
It's my first time playing it. Bought it since it was on a PSN sale recently.

Just killed some generic lava demon guy and exploring some neat tower right now.
>>
>>318436528
Ay, I killed that a few hours ago. It was pretty easy, to be honest

You can literally just circle around her attacks and stab. I ended up letting her kill me because I didn't want to cheese it, so went back in naked and rolled through everything
>>
>>318436871
Thanks senpai, I'll give it a try. I've hear the rapier is excellent, might give that a whirl
>>
>>318434092
battle axe
try it op
>>
>>318436986
I used the bastard sword.

In my experience so far, pretty much any weapon with a wide arc is easy mode.
>>
99 STR power-stanced Large Club
>>
>>318437418
What's the point of having str past 40?
>>
>>318437461
Scaling, power-stancing, and the Fume UGS.
>>
>>318437635
What's the point of having 2 great clubs if you can't swing them?
You need a bunch of points in stamina
>>
Drangleic sword is the drake sword
>>
Twin Dragon Greatshield + Craftsman Hammer
Craftsman hammer is ridiculous, has OP strike damage and is flat out better than any other hammer

Switch to Red Iron Twinblade when you get it
>>
>>318436528
Lost Sinner was one of my favorites. Be cautious with your attack timing and your stamina bar
>>
>>318437965
>>318437965
I used it for a while but at some point it was better to switch to the Zweihander because it's easier to upgrade
>>
File: ijwp9ZE.jpg (71 KB, 1000x1324) Image search: [Google]
ijwp9ZE.jpg
71 KB, 1000x1324
>trying to make a fume sorc build.
>knives can't be used as a catalyst
poo
>>
>>318438647

Red iron twinblade is great.

You can basically stunlock people with 1h light attacks
>>
>People say Sotfs is really good/better than the original
>it's total fucking shit
>some of the dumbest enemy placement I've seen so far
>>
I went with a mace my first time without knowing every boss was ARMORED HUMANOID and literally breezed through the game. Only boss to give me trouble was Smelter Demon.
>>
>>318442052
Anon being so retarded he can't lob an alluring skull, figures.
>>
>>318442462
alluring skull doesn't fix consistent shit enemy placement. those items weren't used to cheese bad level design in the previous games, they were just an item to use in a few situations, not a crutch.
>>
>>318436373
if you typically one hand your weapon, note that holding a torch will cause the little spiders to avoid you entirely
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.