[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do edgelord nerd virgins hate Oblivion? It's literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10
File: image.png (46 KB, 181x200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
46 KB, 181x200
Why do edgelord nerd virgins hate Oblivion? It's literally the best TES game.
>>
>>318430804
Enemies level as you do, broken leveling system, generic fantasy environments, some of the reasons. Emerging from the imperial sewers is something I will never forget just a jaw dropping moment.
>>
MU-MUH-M-M-M-MODS F-F-F-FIX E-EVERYTHING
>>
>>318430804

Agreed.
Oblivion is the greatest RPG ever conceived.
>>
>>318430804
What texture pack is that?
>>
>>318431252
Mods did fix everything, though.
Mods never fixed everything wrong with Skyrim, however.
>>
>>318431510
>everything
except any core aspect of the gameplay. realistic horse vaginas don't save a shit story in an empty world with shallow physics and battles.
>>
babbies first TES
>>
File: 1329633312598.png (249 KB, 664x602) Image search: [Google]
1329633312598.png
249 KB, 664x602
Because it wasn't my first open world rpg.
>>
Someone post pic of lewd mods for Oblivion
>>
I agree that it might be the best TES game... if you're using the Nehrim total conversion mod.

lol
>>
>>318431671
reread what he said
>>
>>318430804
i dunno man, why is your penis so small? its just one of those things.
>>
>>318431671
>Realistic horse vaginas
Isn't that a Skyrim thing, though? I did a quick search on the Oblivion Nexus, and couldn't find a single one, oddly enough.
>>
>>318430804
>oblivion
>NES game
LOL dude the NES had been died for years before oblivion was released. Oblivion is an Xbox game (check it out if you don't believe me) (but you can't mod on the x-box)
>>
File: 4fa6daa6.jpg (119 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
4fa6daa6.jpg
119 KB, 1280x800
I enjoy Oblivion with some lewd stuff!
>>
>>318433415
Then use your Vita. Stop butchering the god-send of a game that Oblivion is with your trash tastes in modding. Cancer of the community.
>>
>>318430804
The only worse leveling system I've seen in a game is Final Fantasy II and that's because to level up it was recommended you get into a battle with weak opponents and make your characters beat the shit out of each other to raise their defense.

Muh mods doesn't excuse the fact Bethesda made a shit game. It just means a third party essentially made something different from a pre-existing product.
>>
File: 43590-1-1368596360.jpg (390 KB, 1398x847) Image search: [Google]
43590-1-1368596360.jpg
390 KB, 1398x847
>>318433415
>>
File: Elven_Armor_(Oblivion).png (1 MB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Elven_Armor_(Oblivion).png
1 MB, 600x1000
>>318433684
Even that armor is less stupid looking than the vanilla armors.
>>
It definitely had the best quests, but overall Morrowind was the superior RPG and game in general
>>
>>318433058
You need account to acess +18 content
>>
couldn't agree more, born under signs and choosing/creating classes as well as being a total badass made it much more immersive in my opinion.

but then again i'm not an edgelord virgin, i had sex this one time. it was bretty goo
>>
>>318433726
I enjoyed the system of using skills to level them, but I didn't particularly enjoy that attribute gains were tied to which levels you increased.

Ultimately, you ended up having to take the stuff you wanted to specialize in as minor skills, and take the stuff you rarely used as major skills, otherwise you ended up falling behind enemies as the levels went on.
>>
>>318430804
it is the best after being modded, yes.

God Tier:
Modded Oblivion

Great Tier:
Modded Morrowind

Good Tier:
Vanilla Morrowind
Modded Skyrim

Mediocre Tier:
Daggerfall
Vanilla Skyrim

Low Tier:
Vanilla Oblivion
Arena
>>
I need to play there racing game so I can confirm or deny that Oblivion is my second least favorite Bethesda Game Studios game after Fallout Shelter.
>>
>>318434112
Yeah, I'm signed in, but I can't find any. Was it Slof's horses that added them? Jesus, I can't believe I'm actually looking for something like this.
>>
>>318434253
Using skills to level them wasn't the problem, it was that leveling up made you weaker overall because enemies would also level.
>>
>>318433415
>>318433989
>mfw HG EyeCandy Body
Made my dick happy
>>
>>318433684
Waifu simulation is all this casual shitfest is good for. The fact that you can stomach playing oblivion without one hand grasping your dick makes me genuinely worried for you.

Seek help.
>>
>game punishes you for leveling up
>there are people right now praising oblivion and FF8
>>
File: vivec.jpg (845 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
vivec.jpg
845 KB, 2000x2000
The level system and scaling fucked up the game, but the game is GOAT with some mods to change them and it only gets better from there.

Skyrim on the other hand is shit right to its core and the best you can do with that game is turn it into an argonian fap app.
>>
>>318433415
>>318433989
>People mad about Xenoblade censoring
>No using Ovlivion o Skyrim moded
Master race
>>
>>318435923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32bak8RYfpU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntrX8kkfrP4
>>
>>318435923
Man, why did the Skyrim modding community end up so shitty in comparison to Oblivion? I had such high hopes, but it fell completely flat, and all I got out of it was a fetish simulator.
>>
>>318436687
I blame Steam Workshop. It encourages mods that add a couple items that look sorta cool and not complex mods that require shit like wrye bash and script extenders. People don't want complexity in installing mods, even if it means modding as a whole get worse.

The only other really active modding scene was on loverslab. Be glad that paid mods didn't succeed, or that would have been the end of good mods as we know it. You would be saying goodbye to complex mods that change up the code as we know it.

Most of the most popular mods are just
cosmetic stuff or some new dungeons and houses. Nothing like Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.
>>
Oblivion is an awful mess of a game with shit mechanics, uninteresting world, and awful main questline. Only good thing it has are interesting side quests but those are few in number.
>>
File: 1437409331223.jpg (40 KB, 565x510) Image search: [Google]
1437409331223.jpg
40 KB, 565x510
>>318434287
daggerfall and morrowind are literally the best, vanilla oblivion is good and skyrim is garbage no matter how many mods you install
>>
>>318435351
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mpEa-QInzA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ZeYFMLDWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7-4-2PHBbM
>>
>>318430804
Is this what happens when your mom's pussy is really tight?
>>
>>318433684
>god-send
>Oblivion

I guess the 2006 kids grew up.
>>
>>318437987
Skyrim literally is an upgraded version of oblivion
>>
>>318437987
I just dont understand how opinions this shitty can actually exist. This must be bait.
>>
File: 1425693878147.jpg (57 KB, 521x533) Image search: [Google]
1425693878147.jpg
57 KB, 521x533
>>318440096
>>318440431
morrowind, daggerfall and arena are literally the only actual role playing games in the entire series.
Oblivion had a colorful world with fantastic quests that was great fun to explore, skyrim is shallow and boring as cunt

so yeah, my opinion is better than yours, cunt
>>
File: ob_concept10B.jpg (262 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ob_concept10B.jpg
262 KB, 1024x768
I tried to get back into it

Big problems

>Potato faces
>Robotic animations ( Not as noticable in morrowind due to the lower resolution. )
>One of the worst concept artists of all time worked on it, leading to the game having a completely disgusting visual look to it. ( Not easily fixable with mods, you will need to manually replace all of the armor you dislike with replacers and nearly all armor on the nexus is female only DMC-stuff )
>The dreadful taste of sulfur poisoning in your mouth as you remember Todd Howards sweet lies.
I love Oblivion, some things like Midas Magic and OOO really make it a lot of fun. For me at least its really, really hard to get over some of those terrible slumps to enjoy the rest of the game.
>>
>people still bandwagoning that skyrim is shit

Its 2015 damn, Skyrim definately had a better enviroment and dungeon design even if it was lacking in quest design compared to Oblivion
>>
>>318437987
When Skywind comes out the biggest problem with Skyrim will be fixed.

...Well, assuming that they arent just doing all of that work for nothing and actually intend on releasing it within the next two decades. Skywind certainly seems to have a brighter future right now then Skyblivion.
>>
>>318441141
>Oblivion had a colorful world with fantastic quests that was great fun to explore

What? Like 90% of the world is generic forest flatlands. The music is the world's biggest saving grace.
>>
>>318441141
>fantastic quests
>Oblivion

>sell for X gold of stolen garbage
>sell for X+100 gold of stolen garbage
>sell for X+200 gold of stolen garbage
>Fedex quests absolutely everywhere

We get it, oblivion was your first rpg and you'll cherish that experience forever. I'm not spitting on your childhood, just saying it's objectively a more generic version of Skyrim with less features while being in the same "casual/console" genre.

Even though I do like Oblivion as much as I like Morrowind, I can't understand why some people would prefers Morrowind because it has objectively more features and give more freedom to the players but oblivion over skyrim? come on. They're the exact same game except Skyrim has more gameplay features and more environements
>>
>>318441887
Skyrim has prettier dungeons that are fun to look at, but in terms of design they are all hallways.

Oblivion dungeons are boring pieces of shit to look at, but they are at least interestingly designed mazes (sometimes) with crafty puzzles occasionally.

Skyrim is "One step forward, One step back" the game.
>>
>>318442320
I cant tell if this is bait, but

>cherrypicking

>murder mansion
>painting quest
>ghost house in anvil
>those women that hate men
>literally the entire DB questline
>literally the entire thieves guild questline
>>
>>318442643
Its like you only went the dragur dungeons, and even some of thise had nice open areas. The dwemer ruins were pretty goat and many of the caves were open and diverse
>>
>>318442734
Painting quest is no big deal. Just go in the painting, kill the trolls and get the brush, leave the painting.

Hardly memorable. Should have mentioned the vampire count instead.
>>
>>318442919
Blackreach is the exception, not the norm. Caves, dwemer ruins, bandit forts, they're all hallways in the end, with a loop around back to the beginning only accessible once you reach the end.
>>
>>318442320
Not the guy you're replying to but Oblivion was my first rpg. The magical feeling of stepping outdoors in this fully rendered 3d world with the ability to go anywhere was simply amazing.
That said Oblivion has many flaws. But the total immersion I got into the game more than made up for that.
>>
>>318433684
>oblivion
>godsend
dark messiah came out the same year oblivion did
oblivion is shit
>>
>>318430804
>It's literally the best TES game.
It's literally the worse. Well, not really, Arena doesn't feel like a proper Elder Scrolls as we usually conceive them, and there's the shitty mobile declination, but still.

Nearly every gameplay subsystem is bad to the point it's laughable :
>Alchemy is the worst of all
>Speech minigame is retarded
>Welkynd / Varla stone are more a chore than a good idea, and so on.

Plus, tons of other shit are worse in Oblivion than on the other main serie games :
>Design is super bland, generic, medievial fantasy shit with tons of bloom put on shiny minotaurs, gobelins and licorn. Its fucking miles away of every description of Cyrodiil made before
>People are fucking ugly, character design is shit. I mean, they were ugly in Morrowind, but here, you can feel the engine could render decent face but everyone is potato, beast species are basically furry or scaly humans and fuck shit the race supposed to be ugly or terrifying ends up with potato baby face.
>Leveling lists are worse than Skyrim's, and that's something.

Plenty of things are also bad :
>Main quest writing
>It's the introduction of the magical GPS and quest indicators
>Become the great master of evey guild within 2 hours and without any skills! Become archmage without knowing a single spell! (Well in Skyrim you actually had to know at least two but whatever, it was basically equally bad)
>>
>>318441141
>skyrim is boring as cunt

anon if you think cunt is boring then you are clearly doing it wrong
>>
>>318442734
Not only are they not fantastic quests but they do not make the majority of Oblivion's quests and very similar quests can also be find in Skyrim.

The point is, they're not even close to being on par with classical RPGs quests and they're basically the same than in Skyrim except Skyrim doesn't have the most generic ones.
>>
>>318444232
Maybe he's a eunuch?
>>
>>318443994
>arena is bad
best combat out of any elder scrolls to date
>Speech minigame is retarded
better than skyrim which had no speech system at all, your speech was increased purely by mercantile
>It's the introduction of the magical GPS and quest indicators
to be fair you can turn that off and still manage to go off of quest descriptions since oblivion had markers but still had good enough quest descriptions for you to find your way
>Become the great master of evey guild within 2 hours and without any skills! Become archmage without knowing a single spell!
that was pretty shit, i think one of the recommendation quests for oblivion required a spell but i can't remember now
still though i'm pretty sure there's a mod that adds requirements to guilds or for advancement, which you can't really do with skyrim since there's no rank system

rest is right but some of it can be fixed with mods like levelled lists
>>
>>318442643
LOL THIS FUCKING POST IS THE WORST DELUSION.

Just shut the fuck up you don't know anything you're talking about, Bethesda was using the shit warehouse model all the way to fallout 3 to build their interiors, there was NO level design at all. It was just the same 5-6 layouts used for every type of dungeon. There was ONE level designer for oblivion.

Your opinion gave me the worst type of fucking cancer.
>>
Oblivion was alright, the level scaling could have been implemented better, the vast majority of the dungeons were all very samey, and compared to Morrowind it got rid of some skills and RPG elements, not nearly as bad as Skyrim did though. Also started the trend of having all NPC's voiced. The quests were pretty fun though and it has some pretty good mods.
>>
>>318445195
>Your opinion gave me the worst type of fucking cancer.

prostate?
>>
>>318445519
Only type of cancer you get with that much asshurt.
>>
>>318441672
There's so much wrong with that image. The perspective is so fucky, and the face in the full suit of armor looks like it was photoshopped in.
>>
I actually can't fucking believe we have children saying Oblivion was good now. Oh man, the people that inhabited this board 7 years ago would be rolling in their MLP decorated graves.

It's the exact same cretins who "pretended" to like COD 4 and Halo 5 years ago, but now ACTUALLY like it and talk about their nostalgia for the games.

I'm the developer for a large DLC like mod for skyrim and I've worked heavily with oblivion, you would need an extra chromosome to genuinely believe oblvion was better than skyrim. Oblivion was dogshit in almost every department. It wasn't even a TES game, it was just LOTR with heavy christian elements.
>>
>>318445728
>I'm the developer for a large DLC like mod for skyrim
falskaar was shit kill yourself
>>
>>318445728
You forgot to put on your name, TW.
>>
File: 1447009703671.jpg (47 KB, 638x282) Image search: [Google]
1447009703671.jpg
47 KB, 638x282
>>318445889
Not falskaar.
>>
>>318446342
even shittier then?
>>
It has THE WORST leveling system of all time. You can level yourself out of being able to play the game. That shit's fucking unforgivable.

And don't give me shit about mods, the core design is broken, uninspired garbage and you have to replace nearly fucking everything to make it fun.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.