[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doom 3 or BFG edition? Which one is better to play the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Coverdoom3-1-.jpg (38 KB, 344x500) Image search: [Google]
Coverdoom3-1-.jpg
38 KB, 344x500
Doom 3 or BFG edition? Which one is better to play the first time?

Also Doom thread.
>>
bumping?
>>
>>318427098
Get vanilla.
BFG makes flashlight avaliable without putting down weapon, so you can walk around base without headsmacking walls. This triggers "muh atmosphere" fags
On the other hand for some reason it looks worse than vanilla. Well, fuck that, ain't like game is beautiful now, nothing ages faster than pretty graphics.
Ah yeah, and it has emulated Doom 1 and Doom 2 inside. Not that there's no million ports of it already, but I guess it's still on plus.

But main reason why you should get vanilla, is because cutscenes in BFG are unskippable, and they are LONG and BORING.
>>
>>318429290
>cutscenes in BFG are unskippable
Jesus christ that's bad. Thanks I was about to buy BFG too.
>>
I bought the original for the modding capabilities, but it's not optimized for new hardware so it doesn't run very well. You're probably better off just getting BFG
>>
>>318427098

BFG is better optimized for newer hardware and comes with widescreen support out of the box

Vanilla has shadow management
>>
Doesn't matter. The game is amazing, and you'll shit your pants before you even make it out of the first room after the shit starts to go down.
>>
You can get the original to run natively in widescreen, but the HUD will always be stretched and blurry.

That alone triggers me enough to say BFG is the better version.
>>
>BFG makes flashlight avaliable without putting down weapon, so you can walk around base without headsmacking walls.

People hate this?

>Mars is colonized
>weapon/body mounted flashlights are incomprehensible witchcraft
>>
>>318433351
>no duct tape on mars
>>
>>318427098
Vanilla

Say what you will about the flashlight, at least you're in the dark when you're trying to shoot. Game's on easy mode in BFG.
>>
>>318427098

I can't believe nowadays games haven't developed any farther this game has to offer
>>
>>318427098
doom 3 isnt that great but I have played when it first came out and got the bfg edition last year, I prefer bfg
>>
>>318427098

What platform? The ps3 version has terrible load times that no one ever seems to mention.

But you should play it on PC. If you get the original Doom 3, I think theres a mod or ini to make it into bfg version anyway.
>>
>>318427098
well, for content alone, BFG. it comes with Doom 1, 2, Final Doom, and the Doom 3 expansions.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.