[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would any Souls MC -with the same game mechanics from his respective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 9
Would any Souls MC -with the same game mechanics from his respective game- stand a chance in Bloodborne universe?
To be honest with you familys, Souls MC slow ass would probably get completely annihilated in Yharnam.
What does /v/ think?
>>
>>318420557
I don't think any of the souls protagonist could even beat Vicar Amelia. She would just outheal their dps because of poor stamina regeneration/consumption rate
>>
>>318420557
Fat-roll to victory maybe.
>>
Filthy casual magic users would probably be able to cheese most of yharnam.
>>
>>318421035
This. Second Chance for days, son
>>
>>318420557
Since the mechanics are pretty much the same I'd say yeah all of them would.
>>
>>318420818
Are you kidding? Pyromancy gg ez
>>
>>318421157
That and infinite firestorm from DeS
>>
DaS greatshield users would have no problem in Yharnam.
>>
>>318421158
Actually to go even further with the exception of transforming weapons and a low damage parrying projectile BB characters have access to less tools in general than souls characters. Souls characters have actual armor, rings, magic like pyromancy that would fuck alot of yharnam shit up and shields.
>>
>>318421275
>>318421275
Well I don't think any of them would survive against shadows of Yarhnam or Rom
>>
>>318421643
You can parry the Shadows, and WOTG would reck Rom.
Honestly, Divine Clerics would shit all over Bloodborne's monsters.
>>
>>318421643
Depends on if you're controlling them senpai

>>318420557
Sure, grind to level 711, walk through 1 hit killing everyone who starts gg ez no re
>>
Fire is effective against most enemies in the game, so the combination of pyromancy and fire enchants would be very effective. Also, while dark souls MCs are not as agile as Bloodborne's, the fast roll is still good at maneuvering, and the fact the dark souls characters can use shields would make a huge difference. You could almost argue that it would be easier with dark souls mechanics.
>>
All of them are immortal so yes, they would slowly but surely kill anything if they were able to.

Boletarian Knight could easily since the Nexus is just the dream of the Old One.
>>
Depends - with their weapons, armour and magic? Sure. Some douchebag in heavy armour swinging a crystal-magic-weapon'd ultra great sword would probably shred anything in Bloodborne
>>
>>318421158
>Since the mechanics are pretty much the same
You haven't played Bloodborne, so stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>318422012
>You could almost argue that it would be easier with dark souls mechanics
No it wouldn't. I don't think you realize how Slow the Souls MCs are compared to Bloodborne.
>>
>>318422480
But they can actually block.
>>
>>318422480
DeS and DaS fastroll would be plenty fast enough, and if it wasn't then they could tanl anyway.
>>
>>318422284
you hit enemies when it's safe and roll from damage. Some enemies can be parried, actually more in BB. The essentials are the same man, don't get butthurt, it's still fun just not new.
>>
>>318422592
Most bosses have attacks with a very wide range. Shields won't do shit.

>>318422674
It's still way slower than dashing. Plus, You can practically dash infinitely in BB unlike DS where you have to wait for stamina recovery after every few rolls.

>>318423063
You have just descried every melee-based action rpg. I guess all arpg games are the same to you.
>>
>>318420557
dont be stupid op
you have high tier armors and weapons that are thrice that large than you
ou have estus which is able to replenish over 1k hp in one sip
you have shields
you have one shot op magic
souls universe would shit on yharman at any time of the day
>>
You forget that Souls knights have functioning armor and shields.
>>
>>318423432
Please describe the glaring differences between Souls combat and BB combat. Don't worry, I'll wait.
>>
>>318423432
Bruh, the range doesn't matter when you take no damage from attacks. You could literally tank all attacks.
>>
High ADP, high END, high ATT Dark souls 2 MC would be okay.
>>
File: 1428326434387.png (1 MB, 997x917) Image search: [Google]
1428326434387.png
1 MB, 997x917
Anyone got some good looking female sliders for anon?

I'm trying but it's really difficult
>>
I laugh just thinking about some elite armour cunt trying to roll/block against Kosjr, he would get wreked so fuckin hard.
>>
File: sadcat.gif (2 MB, 372x262) Image search: [Google]
sadcat.gif
2 MB, 372x262
To add I would love a good Lady Maria slider, trying to cosplay her for 2 days now, I just can't the face right.
>>
>>318425503
Kosjr is super weak to backstabs, and the Souls characters can pull off backstabs faster than the Bloodborne character.
>>
>>318420557
Souls MC can use dark magic and have beaten gods. Theyd fare well.
>>
why wouldn't they? because they're faster? pff
>>
Bad End to Demon's Souls is basically the squid god ending to Bloodborne

The Old One is up there with Oedon, and the Archdemons like Dragon God or Storm King is basically the equivalent of the Great Ones like Amygdala or Ebrietas.

Even if he can't zip quite as fast as the Hunter, the Slayer of Demons can tank literally everything Bloodborne throws at him, regenerate it all back in ten seconds, and then vomit broken magic back at them.

Yarnham doesn't stand a chance.
>>
>Infinite parries
>poise
>instant backstab
>bleed effect
>pyromacy/spells

they'd do good
>>
However the BB MC would wreck all the Souls MCs. Funnily enough
>>
Max poise build, just stand and tank everything.
>>
A standard Souls character would get shredded in BB

But if you build specifically to beat Bloodborne, it would be a piece of cake. A Souls character can be infinitely tankier than a Hunter and deal comparable melee damage, or just cheese everything with magic.
>>
>>318427183
Not really? he can't parry the Soul MC, he can't dodge most magic well, he moves smaller amounts, and has Less than Half the HP, Iframes, and damage of a same level soul MP.
>>
>>318423701
Shields are ineffectual against the strength of beasts. Imagine everytime a bloodborne enemy hits you while blocking your stamina is completely drained and you're left wide open.
>>
>>318428048
And I can tank dragons (ancient, poisoned and half breed) so it doesn't really work.
>>
>>318427784
>can't parry
why?
>moves smaller amounts
literally what?
>can't dodge most magic
sidestep/dash
>stats worse
the only valid point

Hunter can parry from afar, has things like the whip, amygdalan arm or beast cutter to simply out range any souls MC.
But the hunter is mostly too fast for the souls MCs. And ontop of that he has the regain mechanic.
>>
Pretty sure the whole reason shields don't exist in BB, and the game outright says this, is that shields don't stand up to the strength of the beasts. I mean, some of the creatures in Souls shouldn't be blocked by shields but they are so you could argue that it either plays into Chosen Undead/Curse Bearer's strength or the relative weakness of the monsters they fight. Beasts in BB are a result of godlike creatures and aliens that are beyond our comprehension unless we ascend to a level near theirs so they might be stronger than Souls enemies.

But if it were to be like a 7 game series between Hunter and Souls-Boy it'd probably go 4-2 Hunter.
Prove me wrong dorks.
>>
>>318423593
Biggest differences as far as I can see

BB
>Sanic dashing
>Guns
>Transform attacks
>No real Magic
>No shield, beast is too strong for shield.

DS
>Shields
>Heavy Armor
>3 forms of magic
>move with super big the cat speed

Similar style, but definitely not identical. I don't think Shields would work well in BB though because beasts are supposed to be tremendously strong, too much so for a shield to be effective, and the only reason Good Hunter does well, or is indeed strong or fast to begin with is because of his blood treatment which chosen undead lacks. Magic may make up for it though.
>>
>>318430040
>implying those bitch ass monsters would get through brushwood or havel shield
>>
>>318430328
Shield would be fine. Wielder of said shield would have a busted up arm.
>>
>>318430328
Nearlly all bosses save for Micolash, Ayy Lmao, and Rom are as aggressive as Kalameet and Manus
>>
File: thatsjustlike.jpg (46 KB, 475x268) Image search: [Google]
thatsjustlike.jpg
46 KB, 475x268
>>318430040
I thought the undead were super strong too because of the souls they absorb? Whaatever man fuck this thread

>move with super big the cat speed
wut haha
>>
>>318420557
Yeah but only if there's bonfires in Bloodborne land.
>>
I dunno about the MCs fighting, but IMO Bloodborne legit has one of the best soundtracks ever. Prove me wrong you can't
>>
>people ITT arguing difference in lore instead of differences in gameplay

In these games, speed kills. And Bloodborne has the fastest MC by a wide margin.
>>
Chosen Undead >>> Bearer of the Curse >/= Slayer of Demons
>>
>>318421334
How is it infinite? I got 3 charges on it with maxed mana.
>>
>>318429820
>Pretty sure the whole reason shields don't exist in BB, and the game outright says this, is that shields don't stand up to the strength of the beasts. I mean, some of the creatures in Souls shouldn't be blocked by shields but they are so you could argue that it either plays into Chosen Undead/Curse Bearer's strength or the relative weakness of the monsters they fight. Beasts in BB are a result of godlike creatures and aliens that are beyond our comprehension unless we ascend to a level near theirs so they might be stronger than Souls enemies.
Meanwhile the new arcane shield in the DLC can block the huge meteor attack of the Living Failures perfectly fine.
>>
>>318432040
Bearer of the curse has more health, more i-frames and 4 ring slots though.
>>
>Hunter uses cloth armour and can still take several hits. Souls characters in armour would tank everything with ease
>Hunter uses any weapon, souls char have weapons imbued with the power of legendary beings
>magic/pyro
>estus/grass
>shields that restore up/stamina even without blocking

Why are we even discussing this? Hunter is weakest MC by far.
>>
>ninja flippy dark magic user
he would one shot everything
>>
>>318432470
>spice
>>
>>318432524
ur dumb
the shield blocks arcane space magic which isn't really the same as a werewolf smacking your dick
dont be stupid dummie
>>
Can you imagine the power of a souls mc if they absorb the soul of a great one for themselves?
>>
>>318432841

>More i-frames

Ninja flipping > any DaS2 ring
>>
File: 286zpmx.png (2 MB, 1367x768) Image search: [Google]
286zpmx.png
2 MB, 1367x768
if anyone mind giving a hand in amydala ng+2
feel free to come
>>
Replaying dark souls after playing a bunch of bloodborne feels so fucking slow. DSIII better be fast
>>
>>318433892
You need to post your level or a watchword.
>>
>>318434110
didn't play the beta? slow as the others
>>
>>318434110
After BB playing a katanafag in DS just doesn't feel right.
>>
>>318434274
completely forgot of that . level 100
>>
>>318433442
Actually, max Agility has more i-frames than the Ninja Flipping ring and you don't have to waste half your ring slots to do so.
>>
>>318420557
Of course not. Souls MC is way too slow for BB.
>>
Going by lore, most melee souls MCs get fucked, pure caster and super lightweight ninja flippers would be alright though

Going by game mechanics souls Mc would he fine, though stamina regeneration items would be extremely important
>>
>>318421448
Ya the shield makes it all possible
>>
>>318434834
Going by game mechanics the souls MC's would get countered every time they tried to raise their weapon/catalyst as shooting in BB is faster than any attack in any souls game.
>>
>>318435281
I'd you can fire the cannon, you have ample time. Don't go all retarded on how fast bb is, it's not fucking dmc or ninja gaiden
>>
>>318435281
Two-handed dagger.
>>
>>318434110
>>318434414
How fast is BB?
>>
>>318435557
If
>>
>>318435557
Who said anything about a canon? The starting gun would be enough.
>>
>>318435568

Skill weapons are the only thing that are fast enough to not be easily read by BB guy and parried with his gun.

Literally everything else is begging for a visceral.
>>
>>318435683
watch orphan of kos boss fight, then you'll see how fast it can get
>>
>>318435281
I was assuming it's talking about pve stuff not the stupid pvp
>>
>>318435870
Were not talking about PvP, and in pve if Hunter can fire off a cannon or charge attacks, souls MCs would be more than fast enough. Shit, for PvP WoTG alone would wreck the Hunter, can't parry shit with the pistol then
>>
>>318429820
>Would any Souls MC -with the same game mechanics from his respective game- stand a chance in Bloodborne universe?
You can block things in all the other games MCs so why are we even debating this point?
>>
File: 1433042296789.gif (74 KB, 630x401) Image search: [Google]
1433042296789.gif
74 KB, 630x401
>>318420557
Considering that one of the things you learn about the hunters is that they were all wearing plate until the beasts ripped them to shreds, no. Well, maybe the fags who spam Dork Majick could for a little while.
>>
stamina depleting in dark souls and most bloodborne bosses having high attack rates would make it pretty impossible for anything low-mid level.
>>
File: dlc charater.jpg (64 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
dlc charater.jpg
64 KB, 1024x576
>>318425279
Want mine?
>>
>>318436496
casting times are still too long
>>
>>318436379
you're underestimating hunters i-frames during dashes.
>>
>>318436659
Dark 2's faster casting time would make it just as quick as shooting a gun

And it's not like the hunter is always going really fast. Kirkhammer, the cannon, LWB, hunter axe, stake driver, wheel, and maybe some dlc stuff I haven't played it.
>>
>>318436936
With their lousy protection 1 hit would be fine
>>
DS2 with hexes should be fine
>>
There's lore in bloodborne that says knights from the old days couldn't fight the beasts so they ditched armor for robes instead

You can even see s corpse of demons souls guy in the chalice dungeon

So no, they would not survive
>>
>>318420557
spam hexes
>>
>>318437829
>try to cast
>get shot
>>
>>318437480
>You can even see s corpse of demons souls guy in the chalice dungeon
which chalice? or give pic
>>
>>318437001
even before cast times nerf, they're still too slow.
even the kirkhammer is faster, you really dont realize how fast bb weapons are and how slow ds2 is
>>
>>318437480
>implying immortal undead that defeat legendary enemies and consume their souls for power are comparable

There's a Fuck ton of dead bodies in lordran of dudes with armour, doesn't mean a damn thing.
>>
>>318437829
atleast dsp could beat the game that way
>>
At it's very core, every souls game comes down to the rolling+i-frames

So yeah other than how long it might take, none of the MC characters should have a problem in BB, considering how they all have i-frames and the cooldown time between their rolls aren't too different, even when taking stamina into consideration
>>
File: image.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1080
>>318437948
>>
>>318438029
>implying you are immortal in DS and not just switching to a different CU in a different dimension after each death.
>>
>>318437480
>demon souls guy

Highly unlikely, especially when you consider the shit he went against
>>
>>318438728
in dark souls it's stated several times you are the chosen undead

Wait you just made me think of something

Every NPC in the game could be just telling every undead that comes by this, to give them motivation to carry on.

>holy shit
the more i think about this the more it fits

The only thing that doesn't add up is why do you look the same after each death (other than the hollowing thing)
>>
Slayer of Demon would beat any other MC lorewise. The soul of a mature demon soul is described as being beyond human imagination, and the SoD absorbed not one, but five archdemon's souls.
>>
>>318438997
Because it's literally your character in a timeline where your death didn't happen. Only in BB it's alluded that hunters dreaming the hunters dream are protected from death. In DS they only ever state that undead rise as hollows after death and the chosen undead can be any undead that fulfills the requirements there is never a special power mentioned that's associated with the title.
>>
>>318439335
Made hardly any difference, 1 or 2 levels per soul, tops.
>>
>>318439335
Great Ones' Knowledge are beyond human imagination as well, and causes people to go insane.
Not saying you're wrong, but i don't think that's the best argument you could've picked.
>>318439484
that makes sense
>>
>>318439704
DeS humans are superhuman compared to the ones in DS. I mean did you see the fall damage they take or the general distance they can fall down? It's pitiful.
>>
>>318438997
>thou who art undead art chosen
Every undead in souls is a chosen undead
>>
>>318438462
kek

well here you go.jpg
>>
>>318439992
We should stick to calling him the dark lord
>>
>>318432886
>>Hunter uses cloth armour and can still take several hits

That's good point. People saying souls MCs can't use shields because their arm would be fucked up, but the hunter takes that shit directly and survives....
>>
Any of the magic/miracles/pyromancy would wreck in Bloodborne
>>
Havel mages would wreck everything, it's not even a contest.
>>
>>318440741
That's because he's infused with blood from a cosmic being.
>>
File: laughing horse.jpg (29 KB, 634x472) Image search: [Google]
laughing horse.jpg
29 KB, 634x472
>>318437906
>have poise
>>
>>318441394
So he's more durable? Haven't played BB
>>
>>318441686
poise doesn't protect from parries and the pistol can parry from a distance and lock you into a stun.
>>
>>318441836
The hunter are more durable and can heal by attacking enemies. They are geared towards exchanging blows with monsters that are as powerful and more aggressive than Manus. And going by lore the infused hunters are more durable than normal people wearing armor which is one of the reasons they only wear light leather gear mostly.
>>
>>318437480
How are robes any better? LOL.
>>
>>318440741
>but the hunter takes that shit directly and survives....
Naked people in Souls games can take hits directly if they have enough VIG. Don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>318441394
And Souls MCs are empowered by swallowing up actual millions of souls by the end of your average run-through. What's your point?

Anyone saying shit like "A Souls characters arm would break trying to block a single blow" or whatever are being morons. Going by pure game mechanics, souls characters end up having larger health-pools and higher defenses; it all actually comes down to how hard on their stamina each bosses attacks actually are. Even the Orphan has moments where you could land an R2 with a superheavy greatsword from DS.

Certain bosses might be actually unwinnable for a solo character, given the absolute constant pressure of foes like Ludwig (who would probably obliterate your stamina with one or two blows unless you're rockin dat greatshield).
>>
>>318439484
The bonfire lady in DS2 proves that wrong by telling you than an undead never dies, they only are slain and become closer to hollowing each time.
>>
>>318443708
If the Plank Shield from BB is the same as the Plank Shield from DaS, then the whole stability argument falls apart because even the basic beast do enough damage to your stamina to make it useless and the Plank Shield had one of the best stability in DaS for a light shield
>>
>>318443708
>What's your point?
That besides the level and stats it doesn't grant your character any special power like the ability to heal by returning damage like a infused hunter gets. Souls/Blood Echoes are just level up gimmicks present in both games no matter how many you swallow you're still just a buffed human the healing power is actually something that differentiates hunters from people. And the undead gets no such boon from any amount of souls.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.