[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you stop buying prebuilt PCs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1439295942783.jpg (340 KB, 1000x1250) Image search: [Google]
1439295942783.jpg
340 KB, 1000x1250
When did you stop buying prebuilt PCs?
>>
i never started
>>
>>318412019
post it all.
>>
>>318412019
The only pre-build I've owned was bought by my dad in 1995, after that only parts.
>>
File: speccy.png (36 KB, 660x525) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
36 KB, 660x525
>>318412019
With my third computer - Pentium 233 Mhz MMX, 32 MB RAM, Voodoo 2 + S3 Trio
>>
>>318412019
after 2004.
built my first custom PC in 2007, and second in 2011.
>>
>>318412019
When i started getting involved with the thing.
Built my first x286 at 11 i think ..
>>
>>318412019

When I was able to earn enough money to buy the parts to build my own PC.
>>
2009 when i built a pc so I could play mw2 with my sick new clan
>>
Last one was a old ass Compaq Presario that could barely play WoW at potato quality and no PCI-E slot. Build my first gaming PC in 2005 and that has not changed at all.
>>
>>318412239
This, not counting the laptop I got for college
>>
>>318412019
Got my first computer pre-built in 1997, was probably around 2000 when I had replaced it.
>>
When you stopped being gay

So, never
>>
>>318412019
Never had a prebuilt. My dad taught me the ways of building a PC when I was 10. Fifteen years later I'm into my fourth custom rig.
>>
Intel Atom one

Could run CS 1.6 fine
>>
When I started buying consoles :^)
>>
>>318412019
Never started. I've been building custom PCs since I was around 12, first for my family, then for friends, then I started earning money this way.
>>
>>318412019
I just visit a store, tell them the parts I want and ask them to build it for me. It's better than me trying to do it and risking breaking one of the fragile things or something.

Also, if I ask them to mount it for me I get insurance on each individual part for two years.
>>
I'm still using one I bought in 2010.
>>
>>318412019
Why does a robot need breathing holes?
>>
About eight years ago is when I bought my last prebuilt, two years ago is when I built my first computer. I've upgraded it from a GTX 760 to a Meme 970 since.

The difference is amazing. Your computer doesn't sound like a jackhammer when it's starting up, it doesn't sound like an airplane when you're playing games, and you don't have to replace power supplies and hard drives that break in the first year.

I kept buying HP computers over and over just because I had one HP bought in 2001 that lasted ten fucking years without a single thing breaking, but I was in denial that HP was getting shittier and shittier as I kept having to replace parts in them constantly since. That 2001 computer outlived all of the HPs I bought since. So fuck it, you're not getting quality parts unless you buy them yourself individually.
>>
>>318413683
People don't seem to know about this, but small local stores are absolutely phenomenal for this

Usually they can do it for almost the same or a tiny, tiny amount more than buying the parts yourself. My friend sent them a list of components he wanted, 1 day and 5 hours later it was finished - no problems whatsoever. Clean / great cable management, 1 year coverage if anything fails with them, along with separate part warranty as if you bought them yourself

For sure I'll be going to them instead of wasting a whole day building my PC again
>>
>>318412019
around HS, took an after school comp building thing. Realized it was easy, and built my own.
>>
>>318414903
They did it for me for no additional charges, my PC was ready to be taken home three hours later.

And I live in Brazil, this is not even a first world country

Building PCs, not even once
>>
>>318412019

>can't afford an alienware

It's OK hun I'm sure your little amd can pay faggot I mean fallout4 on low
>>
>>318412019
Today
W-wish me luck
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.