[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people that think Witcher 3 will have to compete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
>There are people that think Witcher 3 will have to compete against Fallout 4 for GOTY

It's on another fucking level, every single thing about TW3 absolutely obliterates F4.
>>
Except normie appeal which is all that matters.
>>
File: 1445115969027.jpg (36 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
1445115969027.jpg
36 KB, 482x427
You're not wrong, but you underestimate the power of popularity.

Fallout 4 will win, but I agree that it should be Witcher 3.
>>
>>318402837
Yeah it is, the only negatives to The Witcher 3 are the ones that 4chan has nitpicked to a near Sarkeesian level.
>>
>>318403095
Yep, TW3 is close to a perfect 10/10 game. The only faults I could pick out were the poor enemy scaling and shitty inventory.
>>
I really don't think you should underestimate just how much people were shocked by Witcher 3.

I think there is a high chance that it actually will get lots of GOTY awards from some of the better places.
>>
>>318402837
Doesn't matter. TW3 has that "released early in the year" curse. That instantly negates its chances at winning GotY. Same for Arkham Knight, Mortal Kombat X, Bloodborne, and other hugely hyped games. Only things that released in the past two months will get nods from most publications.
>>
>>318402837

I just wish the Witcher games had a fun combat system.

Not that Fallout 4 does, but still.
>>
>>318403223
At least TW3 has more engaging combat than F4. Spamming quen and rolling about is more fun than aiming down my sights and spamming right trigger.
>>
>>318403216
MKX was a 2015 release? coulda swore I got that last year. fuck.
>>
>Witcher 3, currently less players than Skyrim and Fallout: NV on Steam

>Not even worth comparing Fallout 4's player count because it is miles ahead of Witcher 3.

>Shitters still trying to make Witcher 3 popular when literally no one is playing their game.

Witcher 3 GOTY, yeah.
>>
You are right OP, but do we really need to compare them? One is set in medieval fantasy and one in post apocalyptic future, oranges to apples. I agree though, it's my favorite game of the year so far.
>>
>>318403223
>>318403386

The Witcher 3s combat is about making your own fun out of things, playing on the harder difficulties is a pretty good way to getting the most out of it.

Part of it, that people always seem to just miss out on because they have been trained to not use anything ever by JRPGs is the potions, oils and combat prep.

It adds so much to the Witcher hunts, getting ready once you know where the target is lurking.

The moment to moment combat is passable because it actually has everything there to be enjoyable, quick, strong attacks, parries, ripostes, short dashes and rolls.
>>
>>318403386

Barely though. At least in Fallout 4 the perk system makes things a bit interesting and the kill cam shots are kind of cool in the beginning.

Not trying to defend FO4 since I didnt really like it and TW3 is better, but yeah. I dont think it would have been that hard to make the combat more interesting.
>>
How's 3 compared to the 1st one?
>>
>>318403202
And the godawful out-of-combat movement controls.

Worst part of the game by far. Barely tolerable.

The horse controlled about as well as continental fucking drift.
>>
>>318403216
Bloodborne did have a recent DLC release though that got everyone fired back up for it, which makes it a smart contender for GotY since it's fresh again.

However, most normies probably couldn't even make it past Gascoigne, so... yeah.
>>
File: bait2.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
bait2.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>318403646
>>
>>318403773
Suffers some pitfalls of modern games, has improvements in other areas.

A worthy successor, but not the same game.
>>
>>318403602
>MKX was this year

fuck off, I didn't drop the game faster than mike ross drops combos
>>
>>318403773
The first witcher is not THAT good and is actually pretty overrated. Many things can be said about modern games but voice acting has improved massively over the last ten or so years.
>>
GOTY is a meaningless term when used by review sites.
>>
>>318403801
>And the godawful out-of-combat movement controls.

They did try to fix this in a semi-recent patch. It made it a little bit better but its still annoying.

I think this is something all game devs should look at Grand Theft Auto 5 and take notes. The characters actually feel like they have weight and movement feels great.
>>
1/10 combat catered to kids.
9/100 story

Witcher 3 is not GOTY my friend
>>
I spent 10 hours with this game and I'm done.

I remember liking the first and second in the series, but that was 5 years ago, and I was 17 then and I guess swing n dodge combat wasn't mind numbing to me.

First off the game is terribly optimized for PC. Previously CDPR prided themselves on their cutting edge graphics and presentation, and while the graphics are gorgeous, its obvious that game was designed for the consoles this series should have never even touched, then ported over to PC, and by the time they got that far they quit giving a damn and gave up on even trying to optimize. There is no PC build on the market today that can run this game flawlessly in a sub 2k price range.

The one good thing that can be said about this games overall presentation is the audio. The audio is vibrant and meticulously detailed.

The combat is unbelievably counter-intuitive. The game literally punishes you for trying to stay in the action by parrying instead of dodging by chipping off pretty much an entire percentage from the weapons durability when you parry with it. Earning gold early on and keeping it is impossible, as the game demands more money to repair your weapon than you'll make, so the game forces you into this horridly boring swing-dodge-swing-dodge combat rotation that made me lose interest pretty much strait out of the White Orchard zone.

Controlling Geralt is about as responsive as a corpse. He can't just turn 180 degrees on his heel and run the other way, no, he has to do a U-turn no matter what, making narrow corridors or flights of stairs a nightmare. Roach (your horse) in terrified of puddles of water and small stones, and will completely halt whenever you try to navigate anything that isn't flat ground.

Some would argue that the story and plot make up for it, as it's where most of the effort was spent on this series, but it doesn't. There are so many writing discrepancies bridging the previous game and this one that its laughable.
>>
>>318403646
This isn't about popularity, it's about quality.
Those things usually don't go together
>>
>>318404074
Geralt is just another edgy 3dark5you Mary Sue character that knows everything there is to know under the sun, and all the women in the game world want to be stapled to his junk, because hes so suave and macho. This may as well be a trope-loaded shounen anime. I mean, we've already got the brooding protagonist with white hair and crazy eyes that no woman has the power to resist.

Also isn't Ceri a lesbian because she got raped by a woman, but then that made her realize shes gay? Top notch writing, Andre.

This game is possibly the most over-hyped, over-rated thing on the market today. I can't believe the gaming Hive-Mind still thinks this heap of failure is good.
>>
>>318403998
Even GTAV is terribly imprecise.

Fallout 4 ironically I think does third-person movement with "weight" the best I've seen so far.

Not defending that heap of shit game, but they did get that part right.
>>
>>318403801
>The horse controlled about as well as continental fucking drift.
This. Why did they give roach pisspoor autopilot? I can follow a path and if I charged off a cliff well thats my fuck up. Better than roach slamming the anchors on everytime there's a pebble in the way. Also, can't gallop in cities.
>>
>>318402837
Yeah totally op even though both of those games have the same fucking plot to a degree.
Both of them deal with chasing down a daughter/son except that Ciri is pure fucking cringe with her power level being the last god elder blooded thing in existence who is also a witcher.
>>
>>318404074
>autism: the post
>playing on a toaster
funny you spent all that time typing just to be disregarded
stay mad
>>
>>318404368
>Defending CDPJews
>>
You people are dumb or what? Witcher 3 is the obvious GOTY winner this year just because the game had a great story and it was perfect. A perfect game doesn't necessarily mean the game is fun to play.

Why even bothering making threads when it is confirmed that Witcher 3 is official GOTY? It is already leading all the major game awards.

There is no way Bloodborne, Mgs5, Fallout 4 are winning GOTY because none of them are 'perfect', but that doesn't mean they can't be superior than Witcher 3 in someone's own opinion. I enjoyed Bloordborne and Fallout 4 more than Witcher 3, but Witcher 3 was a perfect game with a deep story and deserves GOTY. It will be GOTY no matter what you people think.

A popular game doesn't mean it will be GOTY, forget about Fallout 4 winning GOTY, it wasn't a perfect game.
>>
>>318404074
i play maxed out and with full shitworks (even on my amd cards) at 1440p with 60 fps on a well under 2k build
and the rest of your points were just as retarded as that false statement about performance, thanks for playing though
>>
>>318404536
Just trolls and bait bro

Witcher 3 is a high quality game, you can tell they took their time with it and crafted a masterpiece

Fallout 4 is just a rehash of Fallout 3 with the same graphics and a terrible story line that I nearly fell asleep to
>>
File: 1447889566508.jpg (17 KB, 305x349) Image search: [Google]
1447889566508.jpg
17 KB, 305x349
>>318404536
>A perfect game doesn't necessarily mean the game is fun to play.
>>
>>318404074
>>318404161
holy shit dont you have school today?

>>318404216
>riding the horse in cities
maximum pleb
>>
>>318404921
>Disregarding actual criticism for SWEDEN YES
Kek
>>
>>318404536
Moreover CDPR gave their customers free DLCs and tons of updates, the game had no DRM. This is already makes them the best developer of the year. The soundtrack was amazing.

And I should have Witcher 3 "close to perfect" game, no game is completely "perfect".
>>
File: 1298604630916.jpg (47 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1298604630916.jpg
47 KB, 250x250
Fallout4 has deeper vidya roots

hipsters will flock to it because they think it connects them to something from the ~90's

W3 doesn't stand a chance against that
>>
>>318405774
I don't know about this sort of thing, but the Witcher games connect to a book series from the 80s. Surely that's better than the 90s, right?
>>
>>318405774
modern final fantasy games win all the awards for this very reason right?
idiot
>>
Fallout 4 was complete dogshit.

TW3 was not significantly better. It has just as many gameplay flaws that ruin any chance it had at being anything more than just a pretty photography simulator, and even that it needs mods to do well (which don't exist yet because lolnomodtools).

I wouldn't give either of them the term "GOTY" because I'd rather pick nothing rather than the one turd in the pile that is technically the shiniest.
>>
False flagging the thread.
>>
>>318402837
Normally, I hate sword and sorcery shit with every fiber of my being and I actually played the HELL out of The Witcher 3. Not even remotely interested in trying Fallout 4.
>>
>>318405321
You'll notice that no one ever reads video game criticism about games they like. You write a post about why TW3 is a technical mess and not a quality game in any sense of the word, your only response is "lol ur wrong i had fun tl;dr 10/10 goty".

That's how it is, don't bother criticizing a game that people tell themselves they liked because Kotaku gave it a great review.
>>
>>318406137
>Random autism post

Witcher 3 is goty and it is the best game ever made.
>>
>>318403712
>The moment to moment combat is passable because it actually has everything there to be enjoyable, quick, strong attacks, parries, ripostes, short dashes and rolls.

So the key to enjoying the combat in TW3 is...pretending that it's good?

You just, go ahead and use the oils and potions and parries and stupid moves because you're having fun pretending they do anything?

Do you also pretend to have fun?
>>
I gotta say that even though it receives a lot of hate, Fallout 4 is kinda good. But that's coming from a guy who would buy any Bethesda game without question.

The Witcher 3 is objectively superior in every regards, so it should win GOTY.

It's sad that nobody mentions Bloodborne though because even with everything Witcher did right, Bloodborne is still GOTY imo. Even in the DLC I'm amazed at the amount of little details and the overall attention that was put on every detail in this game. It's also the most fun to play.
>>
LMAO there are people out there who think BloodBorne and Mgs5 deserves GOTY. The GOTY goes to Witcher 3, Fallout 4 has a very slight chance to win goty because of the popularity but it won't.
>>
>>318406896
bloodborne will never win goty due to it being an exclusive, but it is without a doubt the best game this year
>>
>>318406726
do you always play games on easy just to talk shit about basic combat? try playing the game on a decent difficulty and without outleveling everything by grinding every sidequest and hunt you run into
>>
The game that's fresh in the memories of customers will win. W3 released too early.
>>
>>318406426
Because you are literally posting blatant lying.

The game has plenty of issues, like virtually every game in existence. But the 2 major ones I see (runs like shit or combat is shit) are just plain fucking retarded.

Anyone who legitimately thinks W3's combat is shit has probably never played another video game in their life, or just hasn't played the game at all. It's not amazing, but so far from shit and completely adequate for the type of game that it is.
>>
>>318407405
>The game that's fresh in the memories of customers will win.

Explain how?

GOTY is chosen be a group of judges not random people. Witcher 3 will win despite being released too early.
>>
>>318407376
>do you always play games on easy just to talk shit about basic combat?
I played it on Death Marches. It's not remotely challenging. (this is the part where you imply it actually is really hard and I must be lying because you couldn't).

>and without outleveling everything by grinding every sidequest and hunt you run into
Nigga, you overlevel the zone you're in just by playing the fucking game. It doesn't matter how much shit you skip, just playing the main quest will make you a higher level than all the content in the zone.

You're literally saying "The way the game is good is if you try really hard to not be good at it, and you go really really slow so that you're always lower level than everything".
>>
File: just do it.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
just do it.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
In a perfect world the Wild Hunt would be GOTY, but we don't live in that one. We live in the world where Bathesda is still in bussines and people actually post about playing FO4 on facebook.
>>
>>318407443
>I don't see how anyone could have these issues
>This makes no sense according to my opinions
>Obviously people who don't agree with my opinions just have shit taste or have never played video games before or are lying
>Can't they see that because I like the game and thing it's perfect, they should too? What are they, retarded?
>>
>>318407741
>In a perfect world the Wild Hunt would be GOTY

In a perfect world, TW3 would have been a good game.
>>
>>318407741
Popularity has nothing to with winning GOTY you dumb fuck.
>>
>>318403808
Interestingly enough more people on the ps4 beat bloodborne. Not talking sales wise but the percentage of players who have got the finished the game trophy. Witcher 3 is at 24% while bloodborne is at 32%.
>>
I've got $60 to spend for steam sale. Thinking about getting Witcher 3, but also wondering if I should get Dark Souls II: Scholar of the first sin instead. Is Witcher the overall better game?
>>
>>318407828
Your stupidity baffles me.
>>
>>318408018
Just pirate it you dense fuck
>>
>>318407676
You know man, bb combat is shit bc and way too easy. I played through it with hardly any effort, its dodge attack repeat like every souls game in existence. Its hardly even different than w3 combat. Of course, this is when you try to say im lying bc its actually hard :^)
>>
>shit gameplay
>goty

Storyfags
everytime
>>
>>318402837

Obnoxious Witcherfags aside, this game was really good. The Bloody Baron quest alone is GOTY material. MGS5 would have been good competition if it actually had an ending.
>>
>>318408018
Yes Witcher 3 is superior than Dark Souls 2 in every way. I would buy Witcher 3 over any Souls game including Bloodborne anyday.
>>
>>318408124
I really don't give a fuck about Bloodbourne. I don't own a console, so I really could not care less how well it does. Maybe it had easy combat, the fuck would I know or care? I have no reason to doubt you if you say it was easy.
>>
>>318407604
FO4 is a big name game that was bought by what, ten, twelve million people. Which is more than what TW3 had.
The awards are published by journalists making their living partially off of sales to those people.
It is a good idea to keep your largest customer base happy.

TW3 might get the best soundtrack or best looking game awards of the year, possibly some minor stuff for goo characters or something, but there is no way FO4 won't get GOTY just on the grounds that the butthurt caused otherwise would hurt business or the hugbox nature of the game journalist's world (social media).
>>
>>318404125
>GOTY
>about quality
>not about popularity

I guess that's why Dishonored got GOTY 2012 and not Borderlands 2 :^)
>>
>>318402837
No Content 3: The No View Distance Game vs No Content 4: The No View Distance Game

Gee which one will win?
>>
>>318407986
it literally has everything to do with it.
>>
FO4 is for shit eating normies.
>>
Action RPGs take the least of what makes a good action game
Shooter RPGs take the most of what makes a good shooting game
>>
>>318408350
You forgot your frog image btw.
>>
>>318408350
>no content
obvious bait
>no view distance
consolefags/toasterfags need not apply
>>
Bloodborne does everything except the story than both of them

MGSV too.
>>
>>318407312

This.
BB is a monstrous game that easily steps over it's shitty predecessors and the rest of the competition this year. With the DLC content it's almost perfect.
>>
>>318402837
God you fucks are delusional.

Literally just go on normiebook, search for Witcher 3 and then search for Fallout 4. Which page has the most likes? That's GOTY
>>
>>318408301
Portal 2 won goty awards over skyrim.
>>
>>318402837
goty was mgsv or maybe it will be just cause 3 but witcher 3 and fo4 were both just straight up bad
>>
>>318407918
Well, it looks like the world is perfect then.

:^)
>>
YOURE ALL A BUNCH OF DUMB SHITS AND I HATE YOU ALL, JUST FUCK OFF ALREADY!
>>
>>318408301
Just stop. Video gaming industry is not that corrupt. You are fucking delusional if you think Witcher 3 won't win GOTY.

The large majority of the vocal gaming community hates and bashes Fallout 4, and loves Witcher 3 anyway.

I expect Witcher 3 to win best soundtrack, best rpg, best developer and GOTY altogether. The best looking game might go to SW:Battlefront.
>>
>>318408753
Surprisingly Witcher 3 is more liked in every website I come across.
I don't know where the "normies like Fallout 4!" meme came from.
>>
File: 1442314035648.gif (424 KB, 350x345) Image search: [Google]
1442314035648.gif
424 KB, 350x345
>>318407986
>Popularity has nothing to with winning GOTY you dumb fuck.
Nigga wha?
>>
>>318404182
>Fallout 4 ironically I think does third-person movement with "weight" the best I've seen so far.

Jesus Christ anon play more games, you poor fucking soul
>>
>>318402991

W3 has won all GOTY awards so far, only 3 that i know of though
>>
>>318408905
>The large majority of the vocal gaming community hates and bashes Fallout 4, and loves Witcher 3 anyway.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Just read YouTube comments and look at Facebook and you know which one will win GOTY
>>
>>318409126
>Just read YouTube comments and look at Facebook and you know which one will win GOTY
Well that'd be Witcher 3.
>>
>>318409075
Portal 2 won GOTY 2011 over Skyrim.

Journey won GOTY 2012, a game that literally no one knew about.
>>
Witcher 3's main story is no better than Fallout 4's
>>
File: 1448559734672.png (156 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1448559734672.png
156 KB, 270x270
>>318402837
>tfw the Witcher 3 is one of the best games ever made
>tfw you can't wait for the Cyberpunk game
>>
>>318402837
I think Witcher 3 deserves it but at the same time I don't want it to win.
I don't want CDPR to get cocky and popular, it never end up well.
>>
Fallout > Witcher simply because I don't give a shit about story in video games, if I wanted a deep narrative I would read a book or watch a series. If you take away Witcher's plot you're left with...a mediocre game.
>>
>>318408765
Because Portal 2 had even bigger mass appeal.
>>
>>318409126
Random autism bait post

Go to any gaming website check which game is getting bashed and which game is getting praised. Literally everyone from reddit to IGN prefers Witcher 3 over Fallout 4. On Metacritic Fallout 4 bashing is on a whole different level.
>>
>>318409491
I don't like exploring. Take away Fallout 4's exploring and you got a mediocre shooter with a boring story.
>>
You pretentious fucks jerk off W3 too much.

The world, story, and quests were all top notch, but the combat and leveling were some of the worst in the entire series.

For combat

One of the crappiest, most inconsistent lock on systems I've ever had to deal with.

Clunky slow sword swings. Geralt is supposed to be able to swing faster than the eye can percieve, but in game he always has to do some fancy spin move than makes the attack take 5x as long. It got to the point where I just cheesed everything with whirl because regular slashes were just clunky to use.

as far as levelling or "RPG" elements go

Half of the skills on launch were completely bugged or didnt even work, and the ones that did work were fucking useless.If you're melee theres no point in doing anything but spin to win whirly dervish.

Honestly, I didnt even finish the game because of how boring and clunky the combat was, and how uninterested in the game I was.

I quit W3 after about 70 hours when I was halway through skellige, and really dont plan on playing it again untill all the DLC is out

I'm still playing my first game of F4 with over 200 hours in it, and will most likely be doing a melee run afterwards.
>>
File: Hohoho.jpg (22 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
Hohoho.jpg
22 KB, 400x200
>>318409375

The Witcher 3's story wasn't a literary masterpiece, but it was better told on every single level and better than F4's flat out.
>>
>>318403801
>too stupid to toggle walk/run because 'hurr gotta go fast'
>>
>>318402837
I don't think it'd be Fallout 4 vs Witcher 3.
It's definitely be MGSV vs Witcher 3.

The only question is, will the pope give the award to his best buddy or the universally acclaimed game?
>>
>>318405774
By your logic, hipsters will flock to The Witcher because they think it connects them to something from the late 80s.
>>
>>318409724
Nice wrong opinion m8.
Glad I didn't bother to read a single word.
>>
>>318409835
Mgs5 doesn't even deserve to be in GOTY contendor list. Forget about winning GOTY.
>>
File: 2015-11-20_00003.jpg (236 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-20_00003.jpg
236 KB, 1920x1080
>>318407741
In a perfect world, men like me would not exist.
>>
>>318409735
Nah, the entire Ciri/Wild Hunt thing was terrible

Literally every single side quest and Hearts of Stone had a better stories
>>
BB > MGSV > The Witcher 3 = Fallout 4
>>
>>318409724
tl;dr but I guess you got a shit opinion anyway
>>
>>318402964
There.
>>
>>318409689
The difference is that the video game medium is uniquely suited to exploration and combat, while it does storytelling worse than literally anything else out there.
>>
>>318410027
If Witcher 3 deserves to be even mentioned when talking about GOTY then MGSV deserves to be game of the decade

MGSV is better than TW3 and Fallout 4.
>>
>>318404536
>a perfect game doesn't mean the game is fun to play

I so badly want this to be bait.
>>
>>318410202
>the video game medium is uniquely suited to exploration and combat
>it does storytelling worse than literally anything else out there
According to you?
>>
>>318410261

The sad thing is, people actually think like that.

Games should first and foremost be fun to play, if the game is not fun to play, it fails at being a game.
>>
Undertale > Slaver 3 > Cut Content V > Casualbone >Flopout 4
>>
>>318410226
unfinished repetitive games don't deserve anything. MGSV is a massive disappintment for gamers and diehard MGS fans.
>>
File: 1440969438275.jpg (195 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
1440969438275.jpg
195 KB, 798x770
>>318410226
>>
>>318410261
Read my second post. It is not a perfect game, but the closest thing to perfect.
>>
Fallout 4 animations are a fucking abomination.

It's 2015 and we still have these stale fucking faces without even the slightest attempt to lip sync properly.

Witcher 3's animations were so good you could practically play the game on mute.
>>
>>318410261
>>318410373
I think he meant that the combat wasn't that fun, but I still enjoyed it tho.
The story and other aspects can contribute to making it a fun game even if the combat is clunky and boring.
>>
>>318410362
According to anyone with a semblance of taste. Name one plot-centric video game that tells its story better than a quality film, book, or series can. You just cant
>>
>>318410362
Not him but for the most part it does. Literature>film>tv>power gap>games>animes=comics.
>>
Should I play 2 before 3?
I tried playing 1 and honestly it was kinda shit
>>
>>318410458
Witcher 3 is literally more repetative than MGSV, and V at least gives you the ability to use different methods leading up to the fulton

Virtually every single fucking quest in Witcher 3 is "Go to this marker, use Witcher sense and follow the convenient trail of red, kill monster/humans with the games shitty combat and have a boring conversation"
>>
File: 1447723629096.png (145 KB, 709x659) Image search: [Google]
1447723629096.png
145 KB, 709x659
>>318402837
Honestly, I hated both of them. Neither deserve GOTY. I'm really hoping XCX delivers, despite the censorship.
>>
>>318410782

No.

W2 has a decent combat system that is fun to use, although a bit cheeseable with rolls.

W3 is frustrating to play.

Playing W2 first will spoil W3's gameplay
>>
>>318410702
Witcher 3
>>
>>318410782
I didn't play either of them and didn't have any trouble following what was happening in 3
>>
>>318410027
as much as retards try to meme about mgs5 cut content, it literally amounts to crumbs that would have been nice to have still take nothing away from a suitably finished game
one missing boss fight and one missing vehicle amounts to jack shit in the long run
>>
>my dudebro pandering normie game is better than your dudebro pandering normie game
Every time
>>
>>318410373
It is a personal opinion, the degree of fun you have in a game varies.

You know there are people who play League and MOBAs and say it is a fun game? I don't, because majority of the time I am not having fun.

Same with Witcher 3, it a great looking game with engaging and deep story. But there are other games where I had more fun. It could be because of the monotonous combat of Witcher 3 or something else.
>>
>>318410935
Literally couldn't be more wrong. The witcher 2 combat system is alot worse than the one in the witcher 3.
>>
>>318410789
>Witcher 3 is literally more repetative than MGSV
I don't think it's possible to be more repetitive than MGSV, and the Witcher 3 certainly isn't. You literally replay missions as part of the main story.
>>
>>318410935
>W2
>decent combat
AYY TW3's combat beats the shit out of the clunky shite in 2.
>>
>>318411119

I went straight from W2 to W3 and you are bullshitting.

Unless they patched W3 a few weeks after launch.

W2 is honestly much quicker, responsive, and fun to play
>>
>>318411119
Did you even play witcher 2?

The targeting system was so much better, and it didn't have the skyrim-tier "chug 5 potions mid-combat" bullshit.
>>
>>318410789
>Witcher 3
>monsters contracts, gears hunting, side missions, main missions, crafting, exploring, books reading, Gwent, horse racing, boxing, sailing, prostitutes fucking
>MGSV
>fulton prisoner #45

>literally literally
>>
>>318410940
Good one anon
>>
>>318402964
so witcher 3 still wins then because normies like graphics and witcher 3 DOMINATES bethesda in that regard

exhibit a
>>
File: kek.jpg (59 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
59 KB, 395x401
>>318410226
>MGSV
>>
>>318411303
you're right, instead it had chug 5 potions and watch them expire during the cutscene combat
>>
File: normie1.jpg (50 KB, 506x223) Image search: [Google]
normie1.jpg
50 KB, 506x223
>>318411619
forgot pic kek
>>
>>318406726

I'm sorry you are that good enough at games that your gigantic balls stop you from enjoy things.

You are in a very very fucking small minority and nothing should be made to cater to you.
>>
File: normie2.jpg (65 KB, 507x340) Image search: [Google]
normie2.jpg
65 KB, 507x340
>>318411719
>>
>>318411283
this is so painfully wrong though wtf
the combat rebalance mod was mandatory to enjoy w2 combat
>>
>>318409724
It's okay, I agree with you even if no one else does. I was hooked on Witcher 3 at the outset by its atmosphere and audio, and got as far as the Skellige funeral intro quest before I had to stop playing. The combat never evolved even when going with separate melee, hybrid, and sign builds. Once you found something that worked there was no point in experimenting because you could cheese the game with the same move (a problem that has persisted since the first Witcher, which most of you probably didn't even play). Even with all of the UI turned off and Death March I found the game too repetitive and simple. The people here citing Bloody Baron as this mind blowing story quest are probably underage and have no life experience of their own. There was nothing particularly compelling about that quest line even if it was well written.

tldr; I put in 80 hours or so and walked away from the game with no opinion. I can go the rest of my days never thinking about it again and am satisfied with the time I put into it knowing I'll never finish it. It was good, but even with all of its grand scope it still feels like a "been there done that" case.
>>
>>318411378
>MGSV
>prisoner rescue, main missions, listening to tapes, destroying vehicles, destroying satellite dishes, gathering materials to make items, making the items, fultoning people for your base, expanding your base, target practice, hunting animals
>>
>>318411303
I've played every Witcher game and without a doubt TW2's combat is the worst. Absolutely horrendous design decisions. You could drink potions during combat in TW1 anyway so I don't see why that's even a problem. Being thrust into combat in TW2 with no prior warning, with no quen (cutscenes cancel quen) and no potions (unless you reload to before a cutscene and prep that way, ayyyy fucking terrible) was beyond stupid.
>>
>>318411719
HOLY mother of autism from that picture.
>>
Witcher 3 is not a good video game

>Downgraded graphics
>Boring story with terrible and forgettable antagonists
>Every quests is just using Witcher Senses because the slavs couldn't be bothered to implement actual gameplay mechanics
>Combat is hot garbage, worst than Fallout 4's mediocre shooting gameplay
>The world is fucking terrible, every unmarked location is some variation of guarded treasures or smugglers cache that give you shit loot
>World is dead, can't interact with any NPC's except shopkeepers
>All the side activities like Horse Racing and fight clubs aren't fun thanks to the awful AI and mechanics

Gwent is literally the only thing Witcher 3 did right
>>
File: yeah_baby.jpg (75 KB, 1200x792) Image search: [Google]
yeah_baby.jpg
75 KB, 1200x792
>>318402837
Friendly reminder that The Witcher 3 wouldn't have existed if it was not for consoles.
>>
>>318411930
holy shit you are retarded buddy
>>
>>318402964
/thread
>>
>>318411930
you forgot to mention repeating missions that you've already done to progress the story, i.e. ACTUAL repetition that TW3 doesn't have.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 500x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 500x256
>>318402837

But Witcher has bad combat (those fucking autistic swing animations, sweet Buddha) and cringe writing (WHITE wolf, FINEST killers, sword of DESTINY, interdimensional travel weee)

Real GOTY is basically Bloodborne
>>
>>318412195
You don't need to do the mission repeats to progress the story
>>
>>318411930
>making theories about chapter 3, crying over episode 51, posting on /r/neverbegameover, researching the trailers, crying again
>>
File: normie3.jpg (20 KB, 572x87) Image search: [Google]
normie3.jpg
20 KB, 572x87
>>318412050
his a slav
>>318412173
here you go, normie appeal, what does it say?
>>
File: 5654.jpg (40 KB, 514x384) Image search: [Google]
5654.jpg
40 KB, 514x384
>>318411930
>grind shit
>shoot shit
baka desu senpai
>>
>>318411858

You are the one who is wrong.

I played W2 twice, and on dark mode, and then went straight to playing W3, and the sword combat felt like a complete downgrade.

I dont see how anyone who actually plays videogames can say that w3 has the better combat system
>>
the combat is literally inexcusably bad
>>
this is why i come to /v/, to share the joy of video games with others, discuss games we are exited about and have fun together, i love you guys, this is a wonderful place
>>
>>318412195
You don't have to do the repeated missions like the subsistence or whatever the other modifiers were to progress the story. I didn't do a single one and still got both ending missions.

>>318412256
>TW3
>thinking about what could have been had CDPR not sold out to consoles
>>
>>318412246
>complains about cringe writing
>thinks GOTY is Bloodborne
Top kek
>>
>>318411930
So many of the things you listed are either not fun at all or just variations of the same thing.
>>
Every game is shit by opinions are fact what you like is wrong
>>
File: normie4.jpg (43 KB, 568x691) Image search: [Google]
normie4.jpg
43 KB, 568x691
>>
>>318412298
>>318412429
>I-it's different for TW3! It's not repetitive there but in MGSV it is repetitive! Praise b-be to CDPR!
>>
>>318412429
The same applies to all of those aspects of Witcher 3 except for Gwent
>>
>>318402837
Witcher 3 is only game that really deserve a GOTY title it's not really that perfect game but it had quality
>>
>>318412246
paid 20 for bb during the sales and i feel cheated
paid full 60 for w3 on release and feel like i cheated cdpr out of their game, its worth well more than that
bb is nothing to w3
>>
>>318412379
>thinking about what could have been had CDPR not sold out to consoles
There would literally not have been a Witcher 3 game without consoles, retard.
>>
>>318412397
Bloodborne doesn't have cringe writing. Then again, neither does Witcher 3. That anon is retarded
>>
File: normie5.jpg (23 KB, 574x271) Image search: [Google]
normie5.jpg
23 KB, 574x271
>>318412536
Its why it has already won 3 awards
>>
>>318412319
>I played W2 twice, and on dark mode
So you're just a retarded masochist then.
>ABLOO BLOO GIT GUD I'M SO HARDCORE DARK SOULS RUUUULES PREPARE TO DIE AMIRITE? XD IT'S SO HAAARD
>>
>bloodborne
>MGSV act one
>Witcher 3
>Fallout 4 will be the one to get goty

I'm not surprised but it still enrages me
>>
>>318412579
>Then again, neither does Witcher 3

Everything involving Ciri
>>
>>318411719
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUN
>>
>>318412503
>>318412524
>Witcher 3: varied and fun side-quests and activities
>MGSV: le sneak and fulton people
>>
>>318412397

Bloodborne doesn't take its story too seriously neither does it try to make it the focus of the game

Witcher's writing feels like it was done by some outcast teenagers who just learned the concept of "duality" in a high school English class and wanted to abuse it as much as possible, yet can't stop themselves from cramming the game full of angry teenage gamer tropes
>>
>>318404125
>witcher 3 obliterates fallout in everyway
>except sales
>b-but s-sales don't m-m-m-m-mm-m-m-m-m-m-m-m--matter!
>>
>>318411843
Ciri's voice acting really was awful desu.

Also the normie meme is pretty much the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in my life. I'm fairly sure anyone who uses it unironically should just kill themselves.
>>
>>318412319
>I dont see how anyone who actually plays videogames can say that w3 has the better combat system

Wow how COULD people think differently than you anon? Its like we aren't even complete clones of each other. This is such news to me that we have different opinions are they news to you too?

I liked the combat in witcher1 the most, fight me you fucking cunts
>>
>>318412591

Thanks for rescinding your opinion.

It's always nice to win internet arguements
>>
>>318412570
It wouldn't have been the same is what they said. And it would have been better :^)
>>
>>318412524
Well then I guess the difference lies in the narrative. One is complete, one isn't.

However, mgsv is fun to fuck around in for a couple of hours.
>>
>>318412379
pc exclusive is suicide for any game company just about, you cant count that against a developer
>>
>>318412712
>varied and fun side-quests and activities
>fun

nah
>>
>>318412727
Millions of pre-packaged frozen dinners are sold every day, doesn't mean they taste better than fillet mignon from a michelin star resaurant.
>>
>>318412738

Fuck off.

nobody liked W1's combat, stop trying to be pretentious special snowflake man
>>
File: CCjamfsXIAAoTbU.jpg (73 KB, 600x769) Image search: [Google]
CCjamfsXIAAoTbU.jpg
73 KB, 600x769
The Witcher 3 has the GOAT waifu so it wins automatically.
>>
>>318412874
I did faggot and there is NOTHING you can do about it

Are you gonna cry to your corner you little fucking shit?
>>
>>318412579
thats because bb has NO writing
>>
File: 324324983284-2.jpg (94 KB, 454x480) Image search: [Google]
324324983284-2.jpg
94 KB, 454x480
SO /V/, what do you consider GOTY this year? Nevermind who wins the popularity vote with normies and game journalists, but who do you think deserves to win?
>>
Witcher 3 is actually more fun to play that the other games this year.
Despite the setting is a gritty medieval world, it actually has lots of humors and wacky shit all the time.
The other games all took themselves too seriously.
It's depressing to play MGSV because how empty and un-MGS like it is.
>>
>>318412776
>pc exclusive is suicide for any game company
Only if they're a retarded AAA cancer like CDPR trying to make games like other AAA devs with so much money spent on marketing rather than concentrating on the actual game and not trying to shave off some of the CoD audience for itself.

CDPR has a history of retarded funds management anyway since they almost went bankrupt after both Witcher games before 3. The only way they could make a profit was to sell out while other companies manage fine.
>>
>>318412930

No, I'm going to get on my knees and thank the lord Jesus Christ that I wasn't born with a brain defective enough to enough The Wicher's combat
>>
TW3 should be recognized as GOTY for its efforts in creating an actual realistic adult narrative with its characters that isn't simply PRESS X TO SEX (i.e. Mass Effect 1, which was praised for its mature storytelling back in '07) or Le Nanomachines xD. It manages to convey a solid narrative and the side quests are even better. Gameplay is above average which just reinforces the fact that TW3 is a much better product all around compared to its competition. Solid 10/10 imho.
>>
File: witcher_dev_message.jpg (349 KB, 990x940) Image search: [Google]
witcher_dev_message.jpg
349 KB, 990x940
>>318412548
This.
>>
>>318413029
how about you get on your knees and suck my dick like the little cry baby faggot that you are
>>
>>318412945
Pillars of Eternity
>>
>>318412945
Witcher 3 and Bloodborne are the only real contenders.
>>
>>318412874
>nobody liked
Plenty of people liked it. It's not without flaw but when you see it as more action oriented style of NWN2 combat or Bioware games at the time then it's palatable. I had zero problems with it and even enjoyed it towards the end of the game. It was at least trying to do something unique at least, rather than being a shitty Souls knockoff (TW2's combat)
>>
>>318412579

I don't see how anyone over the age 18 can believe Witcher has good writing.

It basically panders to the lowest gamer demographic with its constant PRRRROPHECY and TRAGEEEDY snippets, with some decent tits tacked on
>>
Over 7 days play time in both and I think fallout 4 is way better then the Witcher 3. But I love both games.
>>
>>318413069
>dear gamer

Jesus fucking christ

Please tell me that you posted that ironically
>>
>>318412945
Witcher 3 obviously. People who think Mgs5 and Bloodborne can be GOTY are just dreaming. Fallout 4 has the highest popularity of them all, it doesn't make you win GOTY tho.
>>
>>318412945
Witcher 3
>>
>people actually bitch about witcher 3 combat
its not the best out there but it is an RPG game ffs and it does better than 90% of RPGs out there
>>
>>318412945
Age of Decadence
>>
>>318409262
Valve got more attention back then.
>>
>>318412945
My favorite game this year was hotline Miami 2, but it's no goty competitor
>>
Witcher 3 is GOTY? Videogame standards have fallen really low for that trash to be GOTY. Games used to be judged on engaging gameplay and challenges. Now it seems plebs eat up that open world and story telling shit. It's interactive entertainment not a goddamn painting or book. The real GOTY has to be Bloodborne.
>>
>>318413040
>CDproject
>adult narrative

I bet you actually think "EVERYONE HAS A TRAGIC BACKSTORY" is good writing, don't you
>>
>>318413040
>Gameplay is above average
So it's complete garbage then.
>>
>>318413121

I'm not crying.

Im calling you mentally retarded.

I can see how it might confuse you, what with your retardation and everything.

Good news though, retards fit in great here
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=m6IeKuADNcM

Gosh, what amazing combat
Truly the Dark Souls of our time
>>
>>318402837
I'm not sure.
To be honest the plot and open world in Witcher 3 was disappointing. Like, extremely disappointing.
I enjoyed doing the sidequests more than anything.
Pretty much how it goes in TES and Fallout games.
So I guess Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 are pretty even, except that you have waaaaay more optional stuff to do in Fallout 4, you can create your own character, and it has a extremely active mod community. Thats is all a big plus for me.
>>
>>318413360
red barons story was one of the best written quests I have ever seen
>>
>>318413214
No I fucking did not, shit eater.
>>
File: best of 2015.jpg (2 MB, 2144x3656) Image search: [Google]
best of 2015.jpg
2 MB, 2144x3656
>>318413138
>>318413142
>>318413237
>>318413262
>>318413287
>>318413341

Decent choices. If I were to pick some GOTY nominations and their respective runner-ups, I'd have to say pic related shows it off.
>>
>Witcher3
>literally threw a baby into the oven
>get complained about having no black characters
>introduced a bunch of mumbo jumbo black wizards you kill all of them on a beach
GOTY for me
>>
>>318413360
Nope. TW3 is full of whimsical and not grimdark edgy stories. I.e. Cheese wizard + stolen frying pan from White Orchard.
>>
>>318413360
Not everyone has a tragic backstory though. Shows how much you know you fucking idiot
>>
>>318413415

>Being that bad at W2

Letho is a fun fight, and you can dodge and exploit every single one of his moves, even his quen casts, if you know how to play the game.
>>
>>318413214
you prefer the me3-ending-big-fuck-you.jpg?
>>
>>318402837

>wild dog appears
>LU LA LAY LU LA LA LU LA LA LU
>>
>>318413356
No one cares about your shit tastes sonygger.
>>
File: 1448805263884.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
1448805263884.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
>>318413552
LOL!
>>
>>318413214
Calm yourself. You get triggered way too easily by simple words, I think it was perfectly appropriate here. What else would you have used? Customer?
>>
>>318413552
>Vulkaiser
My negro
>>
>>318413492
I cant seem to enjoy Fallout 4 due to random quests I've seen and writing is so damn bad

>get that tech for me
>what tech?
>the tech I asked you to get for me!

or

>thanks for that 2 minute interview, now I will fight together with you as a reward

I dropped the game after I get that lady as a party member. I really hope she has a secret agenda for joining us
>>
>>318413619
>poorly designed and balanced encounters
>'haha it's easy if you know how to play'
Can tell you've been playing a lot of Dark Souls because you're dodging every argument.
>>
>>318412857
I beg to differ, I've had some shitty fillet mignon, and some AMAZING....tv dinners. Hungry mans are some real good shit.
>>
File: purge this slavic filth.gif (863 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
purge this slavic filth.gif
863 KB, 500x281
>>318413040
>10/10
>gameplay above average
>ten out of fucking ten
>for a game
>just because of the story
>>
>>318413554
this.

>>318413492
>open world in Witcher 3 was disappointing
>you have waaaaay more optional stuff to do in Fallout 4
What have you been taking
>>
>>318413525
>red baron

>bait
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 500x688) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 500x688
I'm convinced TW3 supporters are just Europoors with an agenda.

It's one thing to enjoy and maybe even love a game, but it's another to constantly make shitty threads to insult its competition.
>>
>>318414035
fuck
I meant bloody baron
that was it right?
>>
>>318413717
But everyone cares about your god tier ones, witcherfriend.
>>
File: chumbawumba.gif (979 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
chumbawumba.gif
979 KB, 500x455
>>318413552
That list is so fucked up, holy shit anon...your taste is complete dogshit.
>>
>>318402964
Sad, but true. Also, a game being released no Autumn alwayts have advantage over games released before, nobody remembers what was out at January.
>>
>>318413554
>baby in the oven
FUCK THAT
i legit first thought her idea was to fuck me with that hym for the rest of time to cover her ass, but i figured it may be for the best.
that time limited decision and quen over the hatch was fucking brutal as fuck
moments like that make w3 uncontested
>>
>>318412548
That's probably because you're a CDPR drone.
>>
>>318414137

May I ask why? Just for clarification, of course.
>>
File: 1442254631123.png (419 KB, 638x478) Image search: [Google]
1442254631123.png
419 KB, 638x478
>finished TW3
>didn't really like the story
>characters aren't really that great
>gameplay just sucks

I'm not even trying to shill any other game into being GOTY. I'm genuinely curious what's so fun in this game that everyone except me enjoys it.
>>
File: IN6cds0.jpg (309 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IN6cds0.jpg
309 KB, 1920x1080
What's your favorite part of Witcher 3 guys?
Pic related; literally god tier humor
>>
File: BILLYMAYSHEREWITHTHEGOTYt.jpg (24 KB, 292x219) Image search: [Google]
BILLYMAYSHEREWITHTHEGOTYt.jpg
24 KB, 292x219
People acting as if there is an end all be all GOTY award. As if God hands it out. Not as though there are like 40 GOTY awards different shitty websites/magazines/and faggots each give.
>>
>people play video games
>some people emphasise video over games
>'YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG IT'S A GAME WHO CARES ABOUT GRAPHICS WHO CARES ABOUT STORY GAMES GAMES GAMES'
>>
So

Are Witcher Fans the worst fanbase in 2015? Or does another group take that title
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6143812
>>
>>318412945
I think bloodborne, especially after new content, and pillars of eternity.
>>
>>318413906

>Boss fights shouldnt be difficult

Letho is a fucking witcher, and one strongest one of his school at that.

I remember when boss fights werent somehting you expected to one shot. Having to learn how to beat letho is very satisfying, but maybe a bit too much thinking for modern gamers?

People like in the video would rather brute force bash their way through crap untill their methodology lucks out and works, instead of trying to learn and adapt.

Compare Letho with any boss in W3
I played on death march and died maybe once per boss, if not one shotting them
>>
>>318414007
RPGs hinge on a decent narrative in order for the player to progress. Do you think people enjoyed playing FF 4-10 because the combat system or gameplay were good?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.