[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever wonder what happened to all the people you met on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (193 KB, 770x533) Image search: [Google]
image.png
193 KB, 770x533
Do you ever wonder what happened to all the people you met on MMOs all those years ago?
>>
>>318400961

No anon

Internet friends are fleeting, like tears in the rain
>>
I still remember the names of everyone who PKd me.
>>
I wish people would stop posting runescape the emptiness left by it has yet to be filled and I really don't want to give the kikes that ruined the game any money.
>>
>>318400961
Not really, no. Well sometimes I wonder what happened to the people in a guild I used to be in on some Ragnarok Online private server. They were pretty bro even though I was a massive shitter of a player.

>we all hung out together in Lutie for group screenshots one time

What the fuck is with RO and always having bittersweet feelings? I hate it.
>>
File: 1443862868035.png (76 KB, 641x2614) Image search: [Google]
1443862868035.png
76 KB, 641x2614
>>318401178 This guy gets it.

Remember your friends briefly and fondly.

Never forget your enemies.
>>
nobody on /v/ actually interacts with their guildies so probably not

I do however, I made a lot of good friends in my WoW guild. Two of them got married way back in vanilla and I wonder if they're still together or have a family or something.
>>
I always assume everyone I played with is now you faggots.
miss the fun times we had ;_;
>>
I stopped caring once rs went to shit.
>>
I still talk to a friend I made in WoW.

I think I've lost more friends that I met in fps games than I did in MMOs(MMOs were mostly played with IRL friends.)
>>
Doubling money min 20k
>>
>>318401351
Well then go play Vscape, it's a rsps that is no bullshit 2006-7 remake.
>>
Moonglade '06, them's were the times.
>>
I still play RS on a private server. RS3 is garbage and OSRS isn't really old school with all the things they added.
>>
>>318400961
I always played alone
>>
>>318400961
>sister is the one who showed me runescape all those years ago
>still have her and her friends in my list
>>
>>318400961
yes, but they're now lost forever in the vast void of anonimity that is the internet
>>
File: sadnegro.jpg (12 KB, 320x243) Image search: [Google]
sadnegro.jpg
12 KB, 320x243
>>318400961
I miss old shitty runescape so much. New runescape sucks
>>
File: 1243863858367.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1243863858367.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1200
>>318400961

I wonder what happened with the first guy I partied with in Menethil Harbor. He logged out back in 2007 and never logged back in. We chatted for about a week and adventured through that whole zone together back in vanilla. He had a girlfriend, an apartment, we liked the same boards and talked about reaching 60.

Then one day he logged off and...well...never came back on again. God speed Rocko, the Dwarf Warrior, you will always be level 20 in my eyes.

Sometimes I also wonder if FredBear still beats his kids because he did it over vent so often when we were running MC. Also, I hope that faggot Kefka died in a fucking ditch somewhere.
>>
>>318403461
Have you been in a crypt for the past 6 months?

Jagex made an official old school Runescape version for free
>>
>>318400961
probably studying math at some college

i don't really give a shit
>>
>>318403597
O-oh...

thanks anon guess I'll go make a new account now
>>
>>318403597
Doesn't really feel the same tho. They keep adding new shit plus rs is a ghost town now with only 30k people playing at a time.
>>
>>318400961
I used to have a friend in old DFO, we both leveled as gunners together, but we had different subclasses. He would always blow me up when we fought, but he was a great guy all around.
I now have no idea what he's doing, and I miss him more than I thought I would
>>
>>318400961
I wish I had money to play Old school ;_;
>>
>>318403921
The world I played on in 2006 had like a peak around 1,000 - 1,400, I'm pretty sure the numbers for osrs look around the same
>>
>>318404126
It's free
>>
>>318403680
It's not exactly free.
You can buy membership with ingame gold for like 2m each, or just pay directly to Jewgex.
It does have a lot of shit like GE and they've been addding more and more to it. If you want something that is really like the old one you remember, I'd recommend a private server instead.
>>
>>318404275
There is only one good private server, and it's on vg, they just coded in recipe for disaster perfectly,l. Why more people don't play on there I'll never know.
>>
>>318400961
I sometimes wonder about people I was guilded with for long periods of time. I've kept up with some people beyond our time in an MMO in other platforms though. Others I don't really wonder about but I do look back fondly on my time with them. I fucking wish I could get into MMOs like I did in High school, that was a great time
>>
>>318404478
Because no one wants to play with attentionwhores from /vg/
>>
>>318404162
Old school RS had often 900K concurrent players across all worlds. It's a shell of what it once was and with how big the world is it's almost like playing Solo
>>
>>318404478
I was speaking of that one, since I play there too.
>>
>>318404605
Across all worlds doesn't really matter when you could only see the people on the world you log in on though, in game you're going to see the same amount of people as in 2006 so I don't think you're remembering the game right
>>
>>318404803
Yes but you could world hop infinitely and find max worlds. Even now finding a max world is not like it was. I played maybe three months ago just to see what my childhood had turned into and the highest pop world on a Sat afternoon was 1200
>>
>>318400961
Only the most interesting people and in 10 years of playing I could number them with a single hand.
>>
File: enough.jpg (7 KB, 168x213) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
7 KB, 168x213
>>318405151
>a game that only no life veterans play and that 95% of the people who played runescape back in the 06'/07' days have no idea of its existence or don't care has a lower player count than it did

woooow

also the servers are populated enough, the only places where you're unlikely to see people are quest locations. OSRS has basically became PKScape. there are tonnes of people in wildy, training areas (such as experiments cave) or skilling areas. nobody is interested in doing quests they did close to a decade ago.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.