[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who the fuck keeps buying these? Is it you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: assassinscreed.jpg (1 MB, 3776x1000) Image search: [Google]
assassinscreed.jpg
1 MB, 3776x1000
Who the fuck keeps buying these? Is it you?
>>
It's you.
>>
>>318396369
I bought the first two ones and haven't touched the series since. There isn't anything innovative or particularily better about the rest, they might actually all be worse.
>>
I only played Assassin's Creed II on the PS3 because I got it for free. It was kinda ok. Am I missing out on anything by not playing any of the other games?
>>
>>318396630
Brotherhood was somewhat better than 2. 1 was horrible. Haven't played any of the others.
>>
They just keep give ing me them when I buy a new graphics card.
>>
Rogue was probably the best since 2
>>
I bought 1, 2, Brotherhood, and 3. 3 is the only one I truly hated and looking back it has the best gameplay of the bunch.

They need a reboot. Cut out the Abstergo/memory bullshit and just have a normal storyline about assassins and templars. With the current storyline, its all retarded and convoluted about the pieces of eden and the precursors. Too much vague shit, not enough explaining because 95% of the games aren't telling you the overarching story only the assassin you play as' story.
>>
>>318396369
I bought 2 and brotherhood, and I'd have keep buying the rest if they had actual deals this time.
>>
I really enjoy the Ass Creed games.

The Hollywood historical settings are something that no other game even bothers attempting to do. I completely understand that people fucking hate the gameplay, I know its stale, I know its auto-controlling bollocks with shit characters but when I get to climb all over historical cities I don't really give a shit.

It has a fuckload of history dumped into its in-game encyclopedia as well.

The only one I really disliked was 3 and Unity, which is a shame because the French Revolution should have made for one of the best games in the series.

Syndicate is actually a pretty good game all in all and its going to go down as possibly being the game that broke the series because of the main team completely fucking up Unity and everyone losing interest.

To my knowledge the same people made Brotherhood, Black Flag and Syndicate, which explains why they are the three best games in the entire series.
>>
>>318396369
Yep it's me every single one
>>
Yep, every year on day one since Revelations. The games are not the greatest ever but I love the settings.
>>
You know overall I think there are far more series with yearly cash cow releases that are worthy of much more scorn.

Each game actually does feel quite a bit different from the one before, even Syndicate with its re-used Unity assets and animations. It actually feels like Stealth is viable, just as much as brawling. They finally noticed that no one wants all that challenging combat in Ass Creed games. That and they fixed the stupid mistake that Unity had that you can't roll to avoid gunfire when you are not directly in combat, they just add in a button prompt you can hit whenever someone is about to take a shot.
>>
>>318397884
Actually with these series they try to change too much leading to messes like 3 and Unity. They really should have taken an extra year for those. Unity is specially painful when they had Rogue the same year.
>>
>>318396369
I bought brotherhood, ac2, ac3, and black flag.

Either on sale or borrowed from a friend.

In my opinion Black Flag is the best AC Game of All Time and one of the best Open world Games of all time.

Fuck the Assassins Creed Lore about those who came out before. Literally everything i needed to know about them i knew since AC2 and the artifacts.

Every new single game has just reiterated the AC2 glyphs. They once existed and had tech that was probably 800 years in the future of what we have today. They created humans in their own image. And they had tech that controlled the created race of humans. And were crippled during a civil war between humans and them and then were finished off by a solar exlipse

And templats and assasins fight over pieces of eden. And each new game never shows how they lived what the war was like or anything good at all.

Thats why i was glad black flag avoided doing the same shit and just said " Yohooo yous a pirate Kenway fuck this lore bullshit."

And the sea shanties, legendary ship battles, parkour in the wilderness, and being a pirate all fucking worked
>>
Only when they go on sale at $10. I like the cities and their architecture
>>
I ragged on AC for years, but then ended up owning them all through sales etc and gave them a try, and have enjoyed every single one so far, even 3 and Liberation HD, and even the overall meta-story. Call me a normie or whatever, don't give a fuck.
>>
>>318396369
last ac I bought was Brotherhood. Lost faith after that.
>>
>>318396369
I bought every AC up to 3, where I lost interest. Brotherhood was my favorite AC game, though, and Ezio is probably one of my favorite video game protagonists.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.