[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how come SJW's don't ever praise or even mention
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: Borderlands2BG.jpg (67 KB, 670x419) Image search: [Google]
Borderlands2BG.jpg
67 KB, 670x419
So, how come SJW's don't ever praise or even mention the Borderlands series?

It features several gay, lesbian and bi characters without shoving it too much in the face.

I just don't get it. They cry that they (gay characters) are not being represented or being represented badly in games, when a decent example was under their nose, what going on with that?

I mean, granted, you actually have to PLAY the game, since the gay characters were not marketed as such and the only way to know, if they briefly mention it in the conversation.

So, what the fuck?
>>
it's because borderlands sucks
>>
>>318396308
>without shoving it too much in the face

is this a joke?
>>
>>318396540
Fair enough, but so does gone home, but sjw praise it.
The quality of the game was not the point nor the question in my post.
>>
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 124x125
>>318396605
>comes up once or twice in optional sidequests
>shoved in your face
>>
>>318396605
I don't know, do you think it's funny?

Should I remind of bioware and the actual face shoving of the gay personas?

Comparing to that, borderlands is pretty mild.
>>
>>318396308
Because none of them are main characters.
>>
>>318396308
because SJWs don't actually play games
>>
>>318396927
Hm... good point, but... ain't that kinda shallow?
>>
>>318397021
>>318396927
This. They don't play games, so they wouldn't know about side characters.
>>
>>318396785
>>318396812
this is the same game that has a character go on a random rant about how the friendzone is a made up misogynist construct
>>
>>318396308
Because it came out in 2010, and the Social Justice shit didn't really kick off until after Occupy Wall Street, and Kony 2012.
>>
File: 1448392212018.gif (161 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
1448392212018.gif
161 KB, 921x155
>>318397021
>>
>>318396727
they don't play games
>>
>game literally yells its politics in your face via Mr. Torgue
>not in your face
lmao?
>>
>So, how come SJW's don't ever praise or even mention the Borderlands series

Anita SuckcheesenSquid blasted the 2nd game for daring to "damsel" a stronk female character

which then turned Burch down the dark route of kekery
>>
>>318396308

Borderlands 2 had more gay relationships than straight and the NPCs were painful about letting you know.
They also killed the only active straight romance.

But at least you are not Anthony Burch
>>
>>318397390
isn't Roland, a stronk male character being held captive?
>>
File: Loader_Bot.png (449 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Loader_Bot.png
449 KB, 500x500
I only played Tales From, I liked the lore and characters but hated the meme robot. What are the main games like?
>>
>>318397643
Eh, it doesn't work this way I think, you'll probably hate Borderlands games after starting with Tales of.
>>
because it's the videogame equivalent of the, "SJW webcomic drawn/written by a white guy who's just trying to look like one of the good-guys"

It's so brutally apparent that they're trying to appeal to the SJW crowd when their genre isn't even the kind of game those types would ever look at.
>>
>>318397643
Story is complete ass, pretty fun gameplay until it starts to drag and become a grind after you realize you need to hit the absolute max OP level in order to stop encountering bullet sponge enemies.
>>
because SJWs weren't that big when the first one came out and the second is such garbage that even they can see it.
>>
>>318397458
yeah, but that doesn't matter.

stuff only matters when it happens to women since men are overloaded with bulging, throbbing, excreting male privilege that makes life smooth and easy for them
>>
>>318397643
>meme robot
best character in the game
>>
>>318396727
For what it is gone home isn't bad, it's overrated but not bad. It's a neat little exploration sandbox, with an underwhelming payoff.
>>
>>318397643

The first game is fun, but the weapon system makes it so you might use the same stuff for long times before getting another good gun.
It is a lot funnier than the others as it understands not everything needs to be a joke constantly.

The writing takes such an extreme dive after the first that you will feel like you are playing something else entirely.
Not much gun variety so you will replace your weapons every couple levels with something almost the same in 2 and pre-sequel though.

They are all pretty generic open-world RPG/FPS though.
First one has the best DLC by far.
>>
>>318396308
Because only negativity furthers their agenda, duh
>>
>>318396308
First of all, they don't play games.

Second and more importantly they don't want to praise anything. They need to hate and destroy, always fighting the good fight against the evil villain, always standing for justice. If they pointed out positives as well as flaws it would weaken their stance so they stick to attack mode.
>>
same reason /v/ doesn't praise any game that tries to pander to them.
>>
>>318397101

>I don't know what jokes are please fuck my face
>>
File: 3879837689.png (19 KB, 176x222) Image search: [Google]
3879837689.png
19 KB, 176x222
>>318398082
>/v/
>playing video games
>>
>>318398092
>political soapboxing about male entitlement and misogyny
>a joke
>>
File: 1441670490270.jpg (138 KB, 1280x1159) Image search: [Google]
1441670490270.jpg
138 KB, 1280x1159
>>318397101
>satirical game
>taking the jokes seriously
Truly a /v/ post.
>>
How the fuck would they profit if they can't sell the idea that this thing is an issue? Of course they wouldn't acknowledge games that actually have the things that they want.
>>
>>318397643
>BO1
a fun root n' tooty loot n' shooty. It's fun, if a bit dull at times. It's one of those games that just enjoyable to zone out and shoot monsters and bad-guys. Humor is a little more subtle or at least not blasted in your face.

>BO2
I enjoyed it and I'll even say the story was allright. But it does impact replayability because you'll have to sit through the same story, the same repeated jokes, the same set-pieces, over and goddamn over again. But your first run should be allright. The character classes are certainly more interesting than the first set. I prefer Krieg/psycho myself.

>BOPS
pre-sequel is okay, but clearly a cash-in title. It's brutally unfunny, the story is unnecessary, it doesn't add much of anything, the environment is boring and the classes aren't that fun to play as. The only minorly satisfying bit is the space jumping can be kinda fun.

Play 1 and 2, don't bother with PS unless you just want more BL
>>
>>318396308
You don't hear about it on /v/ unless it's something to get mad about.

So we've actually had plenty of threads about gay characters in Borderlands, just none about people being satisfied with it.
>>
>Sir Hammerlock vs the Son of Crawmerax DLC
>Hammerlock says he was kidnapped by the local savages
>savage gets upset and says "I graduated from university with honors! Check your privilege, dick
>the next area is called Privilege Pavilion

If I didn't know who the lead writer was I'd swear this shit is meant to mock SJWs.
>>
>>318398092
>>318398308
le SRS armie has arrived!

Yeah, right, because a textbook feminist commentary on the friendzone, shoehorned into an unrelated scene by a KNOWN feminist writer is totally just a joke :^)
>>
>>318398006
How ironic.
>>
File: 1361823203014.jpg (54 KB, 769x503) Image search: [Google]
1361823203014.jpg
54 KB, 769x503
>>318397969
>First one has the best DLC by far.

>mfw zombie island of Dr Ned
that's my favorite DLC out of all the games. with the claptrap rebellion right below that
>>
>>318398308
that wasn't satire though, that was Burch throwing a hissy fit
>>
>>318396308

SJW's cannot praise, or feel contented.

They can only attack.
>>
>without shoving it too much in the face

there's your problem, that's not revolutionary enough
>>
>>318396308
>So, how come SJW's don't ever praise or even mention the Borderlands series?
You cant be a victim of games that are marketed at yourself.
>>
>>318396308
How often does /v/ praise games for not including gay characters?
>>
>Mr.Torgue in his DLC
>You're in the TORGUE ZONE, baby! If you aren't made of gasoline, metal, or bacon, get the fuck out!

>Mr.Torgue after his DLC
>a whimpering sissy that whines about misogyny and body politics

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>318397208

How butthurt over the niggerfilter are you to post it as an image?
>>
>>318399740
making a stereotypical depiction of masculinity for male fans to latch on to only to tear him down as a form demoralisation
>>
>>318396927
>because none of them are main characters.
Birch made Axton a certifiable bisexual in Tina's DLC.
>lol who plays Axton
a lot of people
>>
>>318399740

Different studio off in aussieland did him. Frankly speaking, aussie humor either doesn't speak to me, or it's just really fucking stupid. Springs was annoying as hell, Pickle was funny looking but otherwise dumb, etc.

To be fair to Torgue though, he did go out of his way to crash an entire spaceship into a little laser pistol because FUCK LASERS.
>>
>>318398604
>>318398805
>ooh ooh muh sjw agenda
It's narrated by a character with literally zero serious lines. Also in a situation that puts the point out of place to look silly.
>>
>>318400483
I'm not sure if this is post purchase rationalisation or if you're just a fucking idiot

do you know who anthony burch is anon?
>>
>>318400293

It was more than just Presequel.

>Tiny Tina DLC
>Torgue bawls like a baby because Lilith went on a gamergurl tirade and wouldn't let him play with them

>Thanksgiving DLC
>berates a contestant for not thinking Ellie is a perfect 10
>tells him to expand his definition of beauty and then blows him up
>>
>>318400834
Didn't he earn his reputation on /v/ mostly because of Borderlands? Seems like circular to suggest you know what he must've meant in Borderlands because of what you heard on /v/ then.
>>
>>318400858

That shit in tinytina's was funny though, especially if you're a gamer.

The gag wasn't about muh men and wymenz, but the way P&P players go sideways when someone "cool" shows a legit interest and wants to join in.
>>
>>318396308
>Never played the PS
>Played through Tales from for the 1st time yesterday
Was Athena being a lesbian as forced as it felt?
>>
>>318397101
As a gay guy who is halfways into the SJW pool I agree with that. The gay characters are fine, Hammerwhatever ranting about his boyfriend was fine. Representation doesn't need to be "acts straight but has gay written in their bio somewhere"

But that fucking Pre Sequel writing. Holy shit you could feel the tears of the writers leaking through the screen. That friendzone rant was fucking pathetic and felt like a direct middle finger to men. I'd bet money that Burch wrote that line.
>>
>>318401468
>only REAL gamerz will get this :^)

It's a terrible joke that began Torgue's degradation into a pathetic momma's boy.
>>
>>318401827
Sort of... yeah.
Almost every line spoken to another female NPC was... suggestive in some way.
Pre-sequel fucking blows man.
>>
>>318402071
>As a gay guy I approve of this

Oh thank you for your approval, I don't know what I could have done without it.
>>
>>318401210
he's a loud and proud SJW you fucking idiot, god fucking damn how hard is it to look on his twitter and realise he's dead serious about all the shit he says in his video games
>>
>>318402390
You're welcome, anon. Glad to help.
>>
>>318402416
People can poke fun at themselves.
>>
>>318402529
>this much denial
>>
>>318396308
Because they don't want subtle gay characters, they want characters that shove how gay they are in your face so much that you can't ignore it.
>>
They don't want to praise, they only want to hate and destroy.

In that aspect, they are similar to /v/.

The main difference being that /v/ has a hate born from some sort of jaded love, and SJWs hate video games because they are an easy target and they blame WoW or COD for their boyfriend not fucking them.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.