[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went SO RIGHT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: gta4cover-500x500.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gta4cover-500x500.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
What went SO RIGHT?
>>
File: RcEeIJh.jpg (150 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
RcEeIJh.jpg
150 KB, 1200x675
And immense love and caring going into the heart of the city. Putting depth into the streets, into the odds and ends. Knowing people love getting engrossed in a world, allowing them to literally interact with almost everything from binoculars to cabaret clubs. Really really big radio, ranging from smooth jazz to rock and electronica.

Knowing that, sure, the crazyness of the past games (San Andreas) is fun, but sometimes you need something a bit more gritty to fit the theme of the world you're building. Presenting a rather interesting standpoint, putting yourself in the shoes of someone fresh off the boat made you feel more connected because you were also 'new' to the city.

A tight (some will disagree with me, I understand) control scheme that rewards practice.

But really .. it's just Rockstar's world building. That's what went right.
>>
people really love stories about dumb Ruskies (Italians work too) killing each other over nothing
>>
physics motherfucker

>kicking cops off water towers
>running mofos over
>getting run over by mofos
>swingset launchan
>>
first GTA in HD
people were hyped as fuck
>>
File: GTA IV v V.png (38 KB, 1039x540) Image search: [Google]
GTA IV v V.png
38 KB, 1039x540
>>318392626
Map navigation.

Here's how you can go throughout the whole map between GTA IV and V, especially when you try to have some cool car chases.

GTA V utterly fails to my mind because you obviously go back where you started, there is nothing else to do besides hunting with Trevor or diving into the deep sea, and this scares the shit out of me.
>>
>>318392939

Liberty City is still my favorite overworld of any game. It just feels so meticulously put together. I love just walking around it.
>>
>>318392939
Basicaly this . Gta 4 may not be my favorite rockstar game, but It's very good regardless of that.
>>
>>318394920
ayy lmao
>>
GTA V was so much better.
>>
Call me pretentious, but I liked how they tried to have a more mature storyline that questioned the morality of what you were doing. It actually took Niko's conflicted feelings of revenge and guilt into account.
>>
>>318392626
Everything.

>Great if not god tier map lay-out
>*mostly* Amazing missions
>Well spaced DLC that added content that in turn added onto an already 10/10 game
>*almost* everything could be interacted with
>Those physics tho
>Great multiplayer

I honestly cannot recall many bad things about the game besides having a hard time completing one or two of the missions.
>>
>>318392626
Absolutely fucking nothing?
>>
File: GTAIVbank robbery.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
GTAIVbank robbery.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>318395440
>ONE HEIST JUST ONE was already better than GTA V ones
>>
>>318395530
Oh yeah, that heist mission was pretty tight.
>>
>>318392626
the main theme
>>
File: Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_coverart.jpg (60 KB, 282x364) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_coverart.jpg
60 KB, 282x364
what went so right
>>
>>318397959
mini-games
>>
i always got hyped whenever i turned the game on and heard this music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foHzgl5ickU
>>
>>318397959
Bikes were fucking fun to drive with. Apart from the two missions where you must use "cages", I only rode on these motherfuckers. The Innovation bike with custom Lost MC marks was GOAT.
>>
TLAD > IV > TBOGT IMO
>>
File: 2015-04-22_00005.jpg (81 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-22_00005.jpg
81 KB, 1920x1080
>>318394920
>try to go far outside the map on a water scooter
>the engine is suddenly dead
>get off it and into the water
>see this motherfucker closing in on you
I rarely nope so hard as I did back then.
>>
nothing
its just liked cause of the zel- er i mean GTA cycle
vice city is the best one
>>
>>318398189
I prefer the intro version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqE8M2ZnFL8
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.