[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would you rate the far cry games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 312.jpg (968 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
312.jpg
968 KB, 1920x1080
how would you rate the far cry games?
>>
Good for a play through if you don't take them seriously. 2 and 3 need mods to be truly fun though.
>>
>>318392365
2 was cool, 3 was great and 4 is a shining example of how lazy and shitty Ubisoft has become.
>>
1 is the hardest game I have ever played. That shit destroys me on easy mode every time I come back.
>>
I love 2, I replay it once every couple of years during the summer. I just wish Dylan's mod was more stable
>>
File: 1365626042851.png (292 KB, 470x588) Image search: [Google]
1365626042851.png
292 KB, 470x588
>Facry 1

Hilariously fun to play with the map editor and zombie mod.

Me and my buds in highschool use to play it all the time at lunch and after school on the original Xbox...

>Facry 2

Pretty good game, liked the Afrikan environment, though the infinite guard posts were annoying as fuck.

>Farcry 3

Probably the best out of the series.

>Blood Dragon

This could have easily been a standalone game to be honest, it was that good.

Never played the 4th one so I have no idea. But I'm interested in Primal.
>>
>>318392587
what was so bad about 4?
>>
Only played Far Cry 3.

It's a giant open world with good graphics but feels completely empty with a shit storyline.

dudebro tier/10
>>
>>318392365
1 is great.
Instincts/Predator is GOAT
2 is good
3 is great
Blood Dragon is GOAT
Haven't played 4

Play the named ones if you have to choose. They are all different and unconnected except 1, Instincts/Predator
>>
>>318392365
anyone played Wii port of first game? Shit was so awful it was hilarious
>>
>1
good
>2
good setting shit everything else
>3
good but dragged down by the dumb plot and god awful inventory/crafting crap
>blood dragon
3 but radical
>4
same as 3

haven't played the console versions of 1 like instincts or predator
>>
>>318392365
FarCry 1 is 8/10
FarCry 2 is 8/10
FarCry 3 and 4 (They are the same game) are 7/10
>>
>>318392951
I bought it and was so hyped to play, I love og Far Cry.
It was literally the worst game I have ever played.
>>
>>318392365
Only liked the first one and the first crysis.
>>
>>318393098
>tfw you forget that Crysis is a successor to Far Cry because Ubisoft steals series.
>>
>>318392365
1 is classic corridor shooter with the illusion of open world since you'll always end up going down a set route.
2 is freeroam with unwanted additions like malaria, respawning enemies and gun rust
3 fixes them but has a shit story and kills off its best character too early
blood dragon is omega tom hanks god tier awesome
Havn't plated 4
unsure about caveman edition

For what it's worth, a blend of 1 and 3
>>
>>318392365
main story/missions bore me like crazy, only fun aspect for me was exploring and messing around
>>
1 is a great shooter
2 has a really nice world and some neat effect like fire, but the gameplay and story are complete ass
3 is a surprisingly fun and good game, though the second half of the game feels unfinished since the area there is mostly empty. Story is meh, better than 2 but nothing special. Gameplay is actually passable.
4 is 3 but slightly improved gameplay, a better antagonist, but a much worse world. Whereas 3 had a considerable amount of development time to make the world, 4 is clearly a rushed product after the success of 3, to try to basically resell 3 on next gen consoles.
>>
>>318393416
pretty sure caveman edition will be the same deal as blood dragon
>>
>Far Cry 1
Decent FPS

>Far Cry 2
Could have been great but ended up being the worst FPS of all time

>Far Cry 3
Muh hamfisted "hidden" meaning, otherwise decent FPS

>Blood Dragon
Fun

>Far Cry 4
Haven't played
>>
>>318393527
but far cry is far cry because you have lots of sweet guns to blow shit up. What do you get in caveman apart from vanilla bows and an axe?
>>
my only gripes with 4 are how easy it is to get money and fill up your wallet, which could probably be fixed by just making things more expensive, but having all this dosh makes the game feel so easy

also no option to side with Pagan Min
>>
>>318393416
Crytek always just find ways to lose lots of money and have to sell off property rights / cut studios / abandon games.
After their f2p game failed all they have left is Crysis and their other f2p shit, which will also probably fail.
Maybe they'll make a fucking timesplitters 4 and cash in on nostalgia after those all fail.
>>
>>318393840
>no option to side with Pagan Min
You mean no valid option which was stupid as all fuck
>>
>>318393527
The difference is caveman will be a full priced game, which is retarded because they'll have to seriously do some jumping through hoops to get the kind of weapon variety Far Cry is famous for with that.
>>
>>318393840
>>318393956
The secret ending should have lead to a short campaign that lasted a few hours where you squash the puny rebellion then can free roam, but all rebels are hostile instead of the army.
>>
>>318393956
you can. It's called "sit down for 15 minutes"
>>
Pagan Min is pretty much the greatest video game character of all time
>>
FC2 could have been a fantastic game, the setting and atmosphere were great and really unique
>>
>>318393840
>also no option to side with Pagan Min
Don't move.
>>
>>318392365
I've only played 2 and 3.

2 was just shit, beautiful shit. The controls were clunky, the AI clunky, and there just wasn't anything to do; couldn't even bring myself to finish the game. But hey, it was fun to wander beautiful africa every now and then.

3 was the most dudebro game I've played in recent memory. But goddamn was it fun...and not clunky.

Is 4 worth the purchase?
>>
>>318394361
>Is 4 worth the purchase?
It's 3 on a different map.
>>
>>318394443
So yes pretty much.
>>
>>318392365
I enjoyed 3 so I pre-ordered 4 and it turned out really boring what's the problem of 4?
>>
>>318394361
4 has 90% of the same guns as 3, but there are some new ones that are great like a sawn-off shotgun that fires both shells at once and an elephant gun that knocks people back 10 feet and one-shots elephants
>>
File: 1448846782979.jpg (31 KB, 460x343) Image search: [Google]
1448846782979.jpg
31 KB, 460x343
FC1 - 4/10 today, holds up like shit.

FC2 - 6/10 today, with graphics not being shiny and new anymore theres nothing to really hold your interest in between the sparse action.

FC3 - 8.5/10 A very entertaining game that does most things right. Looks very nice too.

FC3 with Ziggys Mod - 9/10. Like Stalker on a tropical island.

FC4 - 8/10 if you havent played 3. Looks fantastic, quite a lot of content, personally love the setting.

6/10 if youve already put 3 through the wringer, though. The new content is different in looks and mechanics, but the feel is very samey.
>>
>all these faggots praising FC3

Tagging was way too OP. The AI was shit, the map was empty of enemies once you cleared out the villages. Skrillex during the weedburning. Weedburning was stupid as fuck. The flamethrower had pisspoor range and would burn yourself if you would walk while using it. Seriously people look into real flamethrowers before you put one in the game. Trying to burn weed with molotov cocktails didnt work. The fire would just burn out. Hunting was fucking retarded, instead of sneaking up to an animal and shooting it in the face you had to put a whole fucking magazine into its face. Humans at least died from headshots. Jumping while walking down a gentle slope would already hurt you bad, crafting was annoying. Different animals were packed on top of eachother. Chosing the evil end would punish you rather than just making you go evil. Other people are being mad at you while you actually just try to get everyone home. The blonde dude is really relaxed when you pick him up and he comments on your tattoo, but when he is home he breaks down. Vaas gets killed early and stupidly. The new villain is introduced in a really stupid way (hurr look I burn a guy stuck in a cage durr). The graphics are too much for consoles making them hover around 20FPS instead of at least 30. On PC you couldnt reconfigure HOLD and PRESS to different slots. So you had to hold F which is for faggots.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.