[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm seriously considering buying this game, since it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: torchlight.jpg (38 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
torchlight.jpg
38 KB, 460x215
I'm seriously considering buying this game, since it's on sale. I never played the first Torchlight, though.

/v/'s thoughts?
>>
>>318391267
its horrible
>>
It's not a good game.
>>
>>318391267
Fun, make sure you co-op
>>
>>318391267
Diablo 2.5
>>
There's been no better game in the genre since for quite some years. Go for it.
>>
>>318391267
It's okay.
Play with friends if you can.
>>
>>318391267
first run is fun, but then there's not much to do after the last boss.
>>
>>318391267
Worth it for the sale price.

>>318391562
What about Grim Dawn? That has honestly feels like what Diablo 3 should have been to me.
>>
>>318391562
This, except Diablo 3 and Path of Exile and the first Torchlight and probably some other games I haven't played.
>>
It's not as good as the first game, unless you're playing with friends. Not a bad game though, I definitely got my money's worth out of it. There are some cool mods for replayability with friends as well, but again after the first playthrough, MP is the only real replay value.

Damn, makes me want to play TL1 again.
>>
Tolerable if you have a friend or two to play with. Extremely stale alone.
>>
I like it, also if you get it avoid playing with the Engineer as he/she's pretty OP and can suck out the fun of the game
>>
>>318391562
Grim Dawn.
>>
>>318391562
Diablo 3 takes the combat to new heights, though. Just the way various loadouts of skills synergize or flow into each other and the general feeling of combat where everything feels like it has weight and impact behind it, Diablo 3 knocks that out of the fucking park.

TL2s combat feels dull in comparision.Maybe I'm just not doing it right but the speed and impact isnt really there.
>>
>>318391267
You'll have a good time co-op

Honestly I thought it would be good but it's repetitive as fuck. Literally the exact same thing for dozens of hours.
>>
>>318391786

See, here's the great debate with TL. I love the second one, but the first one is so horribly boring that I just can't.
>>
Only worth it with a coop partner. The gameplay is rather shallow but enjoyable with a friend for some hours.
>>
It's a lot of fun if you're into these types of games. Get the Synergies mod if you want a bunch of additional shit. Combat feels good and the different weapons and classes are fun to use, although some classes suffer from unbalanced skills, or skills that feel too similar to each other.

You don't need to play the first one. If you care about the story for some Godforsaken reason all you need to know is that the villain in 2 is one of the playable characters from 1 because muh Diablo references.
>>
>>318391901
Weight and impact is better in D3, but the skill system is the worst problem with it. Over-reliance on synergy and set modifiers force a stale cookie-cutter meta.
>>
But Titan Quest. It's a lot cheaper and better.
>>
>>318391267

It's boring and empty feeling and suffers from too many passive and "buff" based skills rather than filling the trees with actual abilities.

It has a dead online and the mods only fix the game so much.
>>
>>318391863
This was my problem. I played with friends (which helped a lot) but I always felt like I was just levels ahead of them since my shield bashing Engi was just unkillable and oneshotting enemies when I had full charge. Was fun for SP though.
>>
>>318392135
>Implying that this game has any meta at all
>>
>>318392027
And I definitely see the other side of the argument. I think what I really didn't like about it was the openness of a lot of the game. I felt I was doing a lot of back tracking that really drained a lot of time and killed my motivation. I still don't see much room for replay value in SP though.
>>
Are there any must-have mods for TL1? NexusMods is usually my go-to but they don't have a TL1 section, is there a main modding community location?
>>
>>318392964
Or just advice for a first playthrough?
>>
My issue with the game is that none of my friends want to play it with me. I bought the game for them and when we tried getting together for a multiplayer session, the game kept bugging out. Now whenever I suggest we play the game, they refuse because of that one time where the multiplayer went to shit.
>>
>>318393876
Remind them that if their time was so precious that they couldn't afford to waste some on potentially playing a game with bugs, they wouldn't be spending their time playing video games in the first place.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.