[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>MGS1 >Meryl's arc is realizing she doesn't truly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
>MGS1
>Meryl's arc is realizing she doesn't truly want to be a soldier
>Snake's arc is realizing that he should not be defined by his past and family
>They get together in the end
>MGS4
>Meryl is still a soldier and is now as bulked out as a human female can be
>Snake has allowed himself to be totally consumed by his father's legacy bullshit
>Their relationship isn't even mentioned or implied except for Meryl being sad to see Snake's body in such awful condition, which is shared by Naomi
I still like MGS4, but it has serious problems.
>>
>>318383364
It also completely wrecked Psycho Mantis' arc, turned EVA into the walking embodiment of everything bad about Kojima's writing style, and made Johnny even more insufferable. There's a lot to like in MGS4 and an equal amount that is complete garbage.
>>
Snake civilian camo is bretty gud
>>
The worst part is Johnny. OH MY GOD, HURR, EVERYONE NEEDS A HAPPY ENDING SINCE SNAKE AND OTACON ARE FUCKED!

Raiden getting a happy ending was enough. Meryl and the meme poop guy was just a slap in the face.
>>
>>318383364
Did you rike it?
>>
Of all things, THIS was the only thing that upset you?
>>
xD breh
>>
>>318383364
Meryl wanted validation from her icon. When it turned out that he was an arsehole she left him and went back to doing all she ever knew, same as him.
The point of the games is that the cycle of violence isn't easy to break. All of the characters keep going back for more.
>>
>>318383524
I honestly don't think Raiden should've gotten a happy ending, anon, thanks for bringing that up. Rosemary should've stayed with Campbell. Keep Reveangance the same as well because it makes sense that all he does still is fight.

Snake should've killed himself too, like Kojima originally wanted.
>>
File: 1444956751199.jpg (130 KB, 843x1179) Image search: [Google]
1444956751199.jpg
130 KB, 843x1179
>>318383745
That's bullshit and you know it. MGS 4 is basically Kojima shitting all over SS to make way for his true husbando, Big Boss.

It was true back then, it's still true today. MGS 4 did a lot of things, but holy fuck did it do a lot of things wrong too.
>>
>>318383828

I'm happy Snake survived.

We all thought he was gonna die.
>>
>>318384000
this dude's art has hella sameface.
>>
>>318383364
>I realized I don't truly want to go on /v/ everyday
>I still go on /v/ and shitpost

You can't explain people.
>>
>>318384000
SS story is the most interesting one and even the only one that actually has any meaning. SS broke out of the shit in his life, even though it cost him everything even his youth. He is still the only one that truly understood the Boss's will even without ever meting the Boss.

I agree that Big Boss a shit.
>>
>>318383364
It was pretty obvious Kojima never gave a shit about their romance past MGS1. What could they say in MGS4 about it anyway?
>hey remember when he banged like 10 years ago and it ended badly?
>yeah I guess
Besides, MGS4 had enough terrible romance in Otacon/Naomi and Meryl/Johnny to last a century. Just let Snake enjoy getting molested on top of Outer Haven one last time then die in peace.
>>
>>318384000
I the pattern is there though, in all the games, in all the characters. Snake left Foxhound to live a quiet life, but given a chance at a big mission he couldn't resist, no matter how much fuss he made about it. Soon as he was in he'd left his life behind him and focused on the mission. Liquid even comments on his love for killing. Snake doesn't deny it.

In MGS2 instead of going back to the quiet life he kept in the big-robot-dismantling business, even though he could have just dropped it.

Big Boss and Raiden were the same way. Both could have left the battlefield whenever they wanted, but chose to stay because it's all they knew.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.