[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of buying a used ds lite for dirt cheap. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Nintendo-DS-Lite-Black-Open.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2700) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-DS-Lite-Black-Open.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2700
I'm thinking of buying a used ds lite for dirt cheap. What is the best flashcard to get along with it?
>>
>>318376791
For DS games you're better off getting a DSi.
The screens are clear and bright and the buttons and D-pad have mechanical clicks instead of a squishy rubber.
And then get a flashkart without one of those emulator processors, they suck ass at emulating and reduce battery life.
Acekard was pretty good for battery life and works on all DS models
>>
>>318377343
I thought about a dsi, but i found some deals on ebay for 10$ from japan, and although they had dsi's, you can change the system language only on the ds/ds lite models, not dsi. Plus, there is that region locking thing with dsi enchanced games and whatnot, although i do not know hoh much of a problem it is since I will be using a flashcard anyways. As for the flashcard, I will probably get an Acekard.
>>
>>318377618
What's a DS game that's region locked on DSi?
I'll download one and see if i can get it to work on my acekard
>>
>>318377785
Oh wait i've already got 5th gen pokemon games, So yeah it's totally possible.
>>
>>318378084
Exactly what I was reffering to. The 5th gen DSi enchanced Pokemon games. So if it works for you, then I suppose it's ok. What region is your dsi?
>>
>>318378565
Europe, australia more specifically.
Was running US pokemon games because i guess they came out there first
>>
CycloDS + EZ 3-in-1 is the best combination for a DS Lite, but a CycloDS will probably run you quite a bit of money these days. Aside from that, Acekards and DSTWOs are great as well and work almost as flawlessly with an EZ 3-in-1.
>>
>>318381036
i have that como wonbo works g8 m80
>>
>>318380178
Nice. Thanks mang, I will think about the japanese in the menus think and i'll decide.
>>
>>318376791
DSTwo card is literally the best you can get
While you're at it, get a 3DS & gateway card
Endless fucking games
>>
>>318381538
Oh shit nigger I didn't even notice they added 3DS support
http://eng.supercard.sc/
>>
>>318381629
So this does 3DS/DS/GBA/SNES, and the Gateway just does 3DS, right? Why get the Gateway ever?
>>
>>318381826
Well to be fair, they have stolen gateway's code meaning it may be hard for them to add new features or update it.

Also it doesn't appear they have the browser entry point, only the ds profile entry point, meaning it only works on firmware 4.1 to 4.5 while the Gateway card works on 4.1 to 4.5 & 9.2

But yeah this pretty much makes the old DSTwo & Gateway card obsolete since this card can play 3DS NDS SNES GBA.
>>
>>318382152
>only own a DSTwo
>planned to wait a few years as 3DS flashcarts improved
>still have tons of DS games to play anyway
Makes me just want to just throw out my DSTwo regardless and get a DSTwo Plus to have it all in one.
>>
>>318382574
>just throw out my DSTwo
I collect them.
I just find them really nice collectors items, usually they stop productions of a specific brand or type within a year or two. So they become rare.
>>
On topic, there's a patch to make the blue gateway card which is just an R4, work as its intended. I haven't been able to play anything other than DS games though so keep that in mind. Just throwing that out there.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.