[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what did you guys think of the Rainbow Six Siege Open Beta?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: typical fps players.webm (1005 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
typical fps players.webm
1005 KB, 720x404
so what did you guys think of the Rainbow Six Siege Open Beta?

Do you think the game has potential?
>>
does this game have leaning?
>>
>>318376096
yes
>>
does this game's maps railroad you into only two paths to the objective like CSGO?
>>
>>318376018
I would buy it but it's the holidays and all my money is being spent on others

might pick it up after christmas, but I'm almost certain the community will be completely dead by then
>>
It's basically a "modern" CS for console audience, for better or for worse.
The game itself plays alright, but there's little content and the netcode terrible - definitely not worth 60 bucks.
>>
>>318376396
You can use breaching charges to breach through walls, windows, and some areas of the ceiling.
>>
>doesn't work
dunno i don't play games that aren't beta tested
>>
>>318376096

Yes

>>318376396

No

>>318376418

>For console

Explain, the game forgoes a lot of traditional console/modern FPS design decisions.

Ive had no netcode issues and you're playing a beta no shit there's little content.
>>
>>318376514
color me interested

how long is the beta and is it available for d/l on steam or will it be released on steam?
>>
>>318376568
It's available for 4 more hours on steam
>>
>>318376568
Im not sure how long the beta is still open.

And the matchmaking is ABSOLUTE MOTHERFUCKING DOGSHIT. Absolutely terrible. Me and my buddies would wait upwards of 30 minutes to find a match sometimes.
>>
>>318376568
And I meant to say, you can mostly only breach interior walls. 75% of breachable walls are interior.
>>
>>318376664

>And the matchmaking is ABSOLUTE MOTHERFUCKING DOGSHIT. Absolutely terrible. Me and my buddies would wait upwards of 30 minutes to find a match sometimes.

Wot, where do you live? I get a match within 10-15 seconds of queuing. Granted I'm in a group of 5 but still.
>>
>>318376664
>Living in Russia

Only takes me 5 minutes to find a match in the middle of the night in the US.
>>
>>318376784
It was usually a group of four of us, and I live in California.
>>
I feel like this game would be getting a lot more praise if it was made by Valve or a Kickstarter upstart.
>>
>>318376891
>>318376784

And dont say its my internet. I have Fiber optic and my console is connected by cable.
>>
>>318376891

I'd understand if you're talking about the close beta from a long time ago or the early access to this open beta. But they patched that and it worked flawlessly from then on for me.

Maybe one of the people in your party had NAT issues?
>>
>>318376971
In the first beta it was bad, but still playable. In this one Im lucky if I can even find a match.
>>
>>318377035

That's a shame, no idea why you're having that issue. I didn't have any troubles whatsoever.
>>
>>318377156
Its not even just finding a match. When Im in matchmaking sometimes I'll get an error that crashes my game so hard I get kicked from my party. Ive even been signed out once by it.
>>
>>318376552
>2 weapons/gadgets limitations
>No custom servers
>Almost no communication options outside of voice chat (32 char limit on text)
>Aim smoothing with no option to deactivate it
I'm no saying it's unplayable on PC but you can feel this was designed with consoles in mind

>Ive had no netcode issues
We must not have been playing the same game then: even with 40 ping, I get killed by enemies behind walls constantly, and kill cams show my position with a 1 or 2 second delay. Their servers either have a very low tick rate or their lag compensation is trash

>you're playing a beta no shit there's little content.
AFAIK, there's no solo campaign, and only 1 game mode with 11 maps at launch, which is bullshit for a $60 game
>>
>>318377365
You sound like a unique case of this, since I don't see anything on the ubisoft forums or reddit.

I've been playing fine all weekend.
>>
Waiting for my key from CD Keys so I can preload.
>>
I had so much fun with it. I didn't expect Ubisoft to actually make a fun game. Waiting for the attackers is so tense, I love it. Might get it on a sale some day.
>>
File: Not Thi Time.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Not Thi Time.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>Hat bombers
>>
>>318376018

I liked it and had fun I just can't see how I'd play it for anymore than 20 hours before getting bored.
>>
Did they get rid of those hit indicators, that's a deal breaker for me.
>>
>>318379481
You only get a hit marker when you kill someone.
>>
>>318379481

I will never understand this.

>An X marker shows up when you hit an enemy
>All good things about a game are now irrelevant due to a single X marker
>>
>>318379665

For a tactical multiplayer game it's a big deal. A big portion of the game is learning how to use your gun properly based on your own skill and judgement, hit indicators are only a step above aim assist in that regard as it's basically correcting and guiding your aim. It's not that it makes a game bad, it just makes it non-competitive.
>>
>>318379665
>good things

can you be anymore delusional, game is trash like the rest ubisofts modern releases
>>
>>318379843
Can't you turn it off?

Also, who gives a flying fuck?
>>
oh fuck was the beta this weekend? damn, I had fun in the last one and wanted to play the game more but dont want to pay 60 fucking bucks for it
>>
>>318379843

I totally get the reason for disliking hitmarkers, I don't like them myself either. But to totally disregard a game because of it is the part I don't get.

>>318379849

ah bloo bloo bloo
>>
>>318379937

gmg has it for $40 if you are willing to pay for it.
>>
>>318376018
>Do you think the game has potential?
nah
>>
All you do is fucking camp. Or you have retard teammare who goes full call of duty and leaves the objective. Even better when you have 2 call of duty players in your team and they teamkill each other for fun. Nobody will play the game the way dev wants it to be played.
>>
it's ok. on the lower end of the r6 games but it isn't critical hour levels of bad

definitely not a 60 dollar game though, especially with no campaign
>>
>>318379893

You don't really understand what multiplayer means do you?

>>318379962

It just has to do with the way they were presenting the game when I first saw it. Basically it looks like they want it to compete with games like CS:GO, as opposed to say, COD, because of that I'm going to compare the aspects of the two games and choose to play it, over the other game.
>>
>>318376018
>Do you think the game has potential?
I guess so, at least on consoles. On PC it'll probably flop. Uplay still isn't that encouraging either.
>>
>>318380172

>All shit players do is fucking camp

ftfy

>>318380242

I see, even still I value a lot of what they're doing with this game that I can't just let 1 thing make me disregard everything else. To me this is the first FPS in a long time that seems to actually have a design methodology behind it. It doesn't seem like they created a height map for terrain and spammed a bunch of buildings on it and called it a day like almost all other shooters I've played in the past 10 years.
>>
>>318379481
They got rid of them in ranked.
But they're still there in casual.

>>318380172
>All you do in a barricade hostage situation as terrorists is camp

... and?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (494 KB, 1920x3453) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
494 KB, 1920x3453
Who is the best operator and why is it Tachanka?
>>
Literally day 1 abandoned.
>>
>>318376018
Breaching is fun and seamless. Pretty much everything else is lackluster/needs work. Or it's just not for me. Either way, definitely not worth $60.
>>
The beta was fun, but i would never ever pay money for it.
I expect this game to be dead within a month.
>>
>>318380661
This webm is the perfect example of why this game is doomed: you're standing in front of the door for 3 seconds and the opponents don't even shoot - since you probably won't appear on their screen until they're already dead
>>
How are the shotguns? Game looks like itll be mostly CQB. The shotguns better be on point.
>>
>>318380883
>literally /k/
>>
>>318381385

Semi-Auto shotguns are lethal AF. Pump actions generally get you fucked up unless you're right in their face and don't miss.
>>
>>318380407
>All shit players do is fucking camp
to camp in this game, it is about defending and attacking. If you are defending then you are supposed to camp.
>>
File: IQ.jpg (118 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
IQ.jpg
118 KB, 1024x683
>>318380883
>Not wanting an operator waifu
>>
>>318381235
They were looking the other way towards the main stairs, bro.
>>
>>318381838

Camping is sitting still in the exact same spot and waiting for people to come infront of your line of sight and you shoot them.

There is A LOT more you can do with positioning and play on defense than sitting there in the room with the bomb waiting for the attackers.
>>
>>318381901

She's literally the most useless operator of them all.

If she didn't have the AUG I wouldn't ever touch her.
>>
>>318382090
Generally, you want 2-3 guys on defense at critical points at all times since the first thing a good team will do is destroy all the cameras. I've been in games where an objective wasn't guarded and the attacking team stealth planted.
>>
anyone else think the real reason why games have shit netcode is because of upload caps that ISPs impose on internet users?

i mean we can protest over something like upload rate cant we?
>>
I played in the closed beta and this games like csgo, same shit over and over again.

Hopefully it will go on sale for 5 pounds then it will be worth it.
>>
>>318382191

Of course you want some people covering access points to the bomb, but sitting dead still is a sure fire way to get flashed and killed.

But you definetly want people being mobile and catching people off guard. Its very valuable to be moving around as a defender, you can catch people breaching areas they think are safe and cull the attack a lot.
>>
>She's literally the most useless operator of them all.
that would be glaz

also, you should be using the sick as fuck lmg on iq
>>
>>318382365

Glaz is actually super useful, he can clear out cameras fast, and if your team is smart and scouts areas with drones for him he can make easy pick offs on anyone who doesn't prone everywhere from vantage points that see into the buildings.
>>
>>318376865
Wtf is with the shotgun recoil?
>>
I wish the changed the blood to something that didn't look like spray paint but they could of did it to show where people died.
>>
>>318382365
>Glaz
>useless

Git gud m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fv3xeA8fRs
>>
File: 1437104649822.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1437104649822.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>318376865
>only 5 minutes
>>
>>318382479
That is what actual recoil is.
>>
File: 1433895777491.png (162 KB, 335x500) Image search: [Google]
1433895777491.png
162 KB, 335x500
I wrote a full and in depth review of 4000+ characters for the other thread but then it archived before I posted it, my browser shit itself and now it's gone so I'm just gonna paraphrase
>I like it
>I think it's fun
>It's unique
>It's my experience that the problems people claim to have are greatly exaggerated
>because of the above, I'm willing to overlook the minor issues I did experience during a free testing phase
>I think it really captures the feel of the original games, even if it takes a different path to get there.
>The concept and balance are pretty sound and the team that plans and executes better usually wins
>tango down
>flash out
>stack up on me

>>318381235
He was BEHIND them and they were flashed from another entrance. That was textbook.
>>
>>318382456

Yeah I get a surprising amount of kills with Glaz if I happen to find a good vantage point
>>
File: vid.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vid.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
I loved it. I had a blast playing with my friends.

However I don't want to spend $60 on it... I would love to get it someday when it is cheaper though.

I can't imagine playing without friends.
>>
>>318382456
>>318382542
>>318382738
glaz is literally "lone wolf sniper 420 dubstep: the class"

he has a mediocre loadout and his unique traits doesnt help the team in any way. he was added solely for cod kiddies can have someone to play
>>
>Download the Bera
>Can't play because servers are fucking up
>No single player campaign

Seems like it's pretty cool. Can't wait to pre order and get the season pass ;)
>>
File: Thermite Guarding the Hostages.png (218 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
Thermite Guarding the Hostages.png
218 KB, 500x496
>>318382136
>AUG
>not the Sig
m9

Also IQ is dope as shit, if you're talking you can pin point defenses and plan much more effectively, Intel best skill.
>>
>>318376418
It plays literally (yes I am using the dictionary definition of that word) nothing like CS.

But sometimes there are 2 bombsites so it's exactly the same, right?
>>
It literally didn't work, so no. 0 potential in my opinion.
>>
>>318382492
This. The blood spatter looks ridiculous.
>could of
lel
>>
Too many not-gameplay things between gameplay. THunt is especially worse, normal 5v5 got tweaked a little so its a little better but not great.

100% they need to fucking let you pick what map and mode you want to play on THunt. What a god damn fucking failure of a game
>>
File: R6.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
R6.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
I only played Terrorist Hunt in the open beta but it was fun and kinda addicting too.

What made it repetitive was that after a few games you start to memorize where the possible locations the bombs can spawn in so you end up finding them both using the drone in the first 30 seconds.
>>
>>318382851

Mate you couldn't be any more typical /v/. You obviously don't play this game with friends.

>>318382885

I find IQ is only good if you have a Thatcher with you. Then that's a really good combo.
>>
>>318383052
That's why you need someone with jammers to stop all the drones.

Terrorist Hunt was intense. We only played on Hard and it was insane.
>>
It has some cool ideas but the fact that it's an FPS game with no real skill needed to win is weird as fuck.

In every other fps, even the casual ones a large part of "being good" is aiming and your movement/positioning

This is just like "ayy lmao, use a shield or some kind of equipment or the map layout to kill people without them having much chance to respond

There's no way it will be competitive

UPlay will make people not want to try it

It also seems really fucking slow paced, like there's no action and the "action" is underwhelming.

I hope it doesn't even get off the ground, it'll probably flop hard as fuck and ubishit will just release another assassins creed for normies to buy to recover their loss.
>>
>>318382851

If you say so m8 but I don't mind him
>>
Gameplay is clunky.

Every match usually ends up playing exactly the same.
>>
>>318383172

>This is just like "ayy lmao, use a shield or some kind of equipment or the map layout to kill people without them having much chance to respond

This is a load of shit and you know it. You're simply seeing it through the lense of "no one knows what the fuck they're doing."

Sadly

>UPlay will make people not want to try it

Is true so the game will never mature and will always remain in that purgatory.
>>
>breach wall
>explosion kills guy hiding behind wall
>throw grenade through the smoke into the room
>kill two more guys

And then my friend gets a lame last kill.
>>
Everyone in this beta is fucking retarded

>rushing into breaches leaving the shield to go in last
>not planting the bomb at the objective after we've secured it but instead running off to get more kills
>not reviving teammates
>not understanding you have to defend two bombsites instead of one

I could go on forever
>>
>>318383334
Does it require Uplay to play? Can't play it from Steam?
>>
File: GameClip-Original.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GameClip-Original.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Walking on the ceiling is fun.
>>
>>318383450

Anon, welcome to online public play. Either enjoy your stay or get friends and smash cunts like no tomorrow.

I know which option I'd choose.
>>
>>318383450
>that fag that puts a barricade between the two bomb rooms
>>
>>318383478

Steam launches Uplay which then launches the game.

Ubisoft are literally the worst.

>>318383485

You should've included the killcam in that
>>
>>318383558
>You should've included the killcam in that

It just showed the player walking normally on the ground. It only had him upside down on his screen.

That's why you notice he kept walking into the cover that was 'above' him.
>>
File: 80.jpg (79 KB, 1200x769) Image search: [Google]
80.jpg
79 KB, 1200x769
>>318380883
>not this hunk
baka desu senpai
>>
>>318383668

Oh it's just that same spectating bug. Ive had that only effects spectators though.
>>
File: 1402837869157.jpg (461 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
1402837869157.jpg
461 KB, 1920x1440
>>318383062
Glaz is pretty meh tier IMO. I understand he can be effective, and very, very annoying but his slot is often better used in most situations. That combined with the majority of Glaz users are lonewolf420dubsteppers leaving a dirty taste in my mouth is my reasoning.

As for IQ, I usually run her with a friend playing Montagne, Early in the round I scout defenses and cover the approach, hatch a plan. During the actual assault I stack up as #2 on breach with the sheild and flash after the charge goes off, then stick to Montagnes back as we enter as one unit. 3rd man comes in after, second team hits the other ingress. She's very flexible, has the based sig and she's fast so when I'm using the much underated walk button breaching with montagne I can maintain angles as he rotates or I can move around quickly to flank.

>>318383172
I agree that
>In every other fps, even the casual ones a large part of "being good" is aiming and your movement
and that R6 is different but I think you're approaching it wrong.
It's a tactical game more than a shooter if that makes sense, shooting people is a means to an end and by no means can you just be a good shot and therefore a winner. IMO, the game is more about engineering situations to create advantages, so that when you do end up in a gunfight, the odds are weighted so heavily in your favour it won't matter if it's fatatl1ty you're up against, you'll still win. The game is won and lost on the cooperation and communication and this is why I really feel it deserves the Rainbow:6 title.
>>
>>318382992
That IED was smooth as fuck.
>>
>someone picks thermite
>doesn't breach a reinforced wall the entire game

FUCK OFF
>>
>>318383727
Nah, it affected the player and only him(it was my friend)

I was the guy bleeding out inside the room, and on my screen he was walking on the ground normally.
>>
It's about 5 bucks worth of fun, and longevity is severely decreased given the "novel approaches" to each situation wind up being slight variations at best, with each map only having 3 different bomb locations, and they've very clearly visible from a distance due to shit like wall reinforcement.

I understand that destruction is neutered because otherwise you could just blow out the floor/roof every time, but it's kind of dull to find yet another unbreakable bomb room with 2 entryways and have to wait for thermite, which is what every medium to high skill game devolves into.

Some weapons are insanely overpowered, I can easy solo an enemy team with the autosniper if they get a little out of position, or if my team is distracting them on the flank.

I can't imagine it being fun for more than 10 hours or so, which is very poor for a MP game.
>>
>>318383782
Thank you, I felt pretty badass.
>>
>>318378963
lol that reload animation
>>
>Pick Montagne
>"OK guys, stick behind my shield and fire behind me"
>4v5
>"Uh, guys I said..."
>3v5
>"GUYS?"

Why did I even buy this CTU?
>>
>>318383796
This. When I was playing with my two friends we always had to race to get the good characters or otherwise we'd have shitty Thermites, Mutes that son't use jammers etc. Fucking public.
>>
>>318383764

>That combined with the majority of Glaz users are lonewolf420dubsteppers leaving a dirty taste in my mouth

Yep, best way to stop that is to play a 5 man. Best way to play this game is a 5 man.

>the game is more about engineering situations to create advantages, so that when you do end up in a gunfight, the odds are weighted so heavily in your favour it won't matter if it's fatatl1ty you're up against, you'll still win. The game is won and lost on the cooperation and communication and this is why I really feel it deserves the Rainbow:6 title.

This is what I love about it, it's actually doing something newish with its game flow.

>>318383796

>Someone picks thermite
>Uses thermite on a generic barracade
>>
>>318376018
Terrorist Hunt was fucking trash. The bombers should be removed completely- they make the game impossible on any difficulty alone.
>>
>>318382546
5 minutes at 3AM is pretty good.

>>318383172
>No real skill
It's probably the only game where you can't just run in and gun everyone to death.

>This is just like "ayy lmao, use a shield or some kind of equipment or the map layout to kill people without them having much chance to respond
Have you even played the game?

>It also seems really fucking slow paced
Scratch that, you've never played a single rainbow game in your life, m8.
>>
>>318384063
nice job admitting you suck
>>
>>318384063
TH is piss easy if your team is remotely competent, bombers only take out 1 person at most if you're too stupid to spot them in the crowd.
>>
>>318383998
>Uses thermite on a generic barracade
I've got a friend who does this. I swear he does it on purpose. If he keeps doing it when the game comes out I'll fucking bash his head in for letting enemies know where we're breaching from.
>>
>>318384110
Frankly, I do.
But even then, the bombers can literally sneak up through hallways, so while you're taking out a few guys ahead, these motherfuckers just "allahu akbar" instakill you from behind
>>
File: teamwork.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
teamwork.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>318384063
>Not gittin gud
>Not finding a gud shieldbro to play with
>>
>>318383998
>>318384226
I do this on occasions, only because I picked grenades instead of x3 breaches and my team is fucking useless I have to do all the breaches myself
>>
>>318384267

WHAT ARE THEY DOING ITS LIKE WHACK A MOLE

Why can't I vs idiots like this?
>>
>>318384361
Those are AI
>>
>>318384361
it's AI
>>
>>318384361
because those are T-hunt bots
>>
>>318384410
>>318384438

Oh right, I never touched the other mode.
>>
>>318384361
;)
>>
>>318384479

I also just realized I only watched the first 10 seconds of the webm.
>>
File: dimple.png (120 KB, 264x667) Image search: [Google]
dimple.png
120 KB, 264x667
>>318384479
Well to be fair that shit happens in publoc too
>1vs4, our last dude is Glaz
>we think it over
>glaz just sits in front of a window snipes one dude
>the rest of the three come one at a time to the exact same spot
>we win
This game shows how retarded people have become
>>
File: 044120[1].jpg (90 KB, 683x1600) Image search: [Google]
044120[1].jpg
90 KB, 683x1600
any r34 yet?
>>
>playing hazard objective on that map where the basement is used all the time(not garage)
>want this to end in 4 rounds not 9
>game goes into complete overtime
>last round me and 3 buddies and a random playing
>we decide on flanking from all sides of room(enemy was on first floor room)
>im using blitz
>buddies get picked off 1 by 1. enemy team was ready
>solo the whole team using blitz with smoke grenades by drawing them as far away from their buddies and then cornering them into a shield flash or smoke
Is blitz the most underrated attacking class or what?
>>
>>318383796
>Playing kraut milf
>Don't breach that door, it's full of shock wire
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT
>Don't breach this side, I can see where they're set up, we'll run right into their killzone
runs right into the killzone
>headsup, tripwires on the doors, clear em out.
laughingkapkan.jpg

>>318383968
>shield players who try to juke while you're standing behind them
My eternal rage.
I have a montagne bro as I mentioned here (>>318383764) and him being so fucking on point with his shield play has ruined pub shielders for me. He ferries players over doors and through killzones, screens objectives, always positions to protect, never leaves players in the open and generally does all kinds of real world techniques that just bamboozle the fuck out of the enemy while I follow him like a trained lapdog popping skulls and throwing flashbangs.

Some pubs I've had are great, freindly people, most are just average but the ones that try to solo the enemy team are pretty fucking frustrating.
>>
>>318384734
>basement is used all the time
you mean every map?
>>
File: 1431986618000.png (377 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1431986618000.png
377 KB, 1920x1080
>Playing on the white house building in Closed Beta
>Get downed
>Rook comes blazing in and kills the attacker
>Picks me up
>"Don't worry you'll be fine, mon ami"

Anyone else really like how each operator has their own personality? It's a small touch but it's very nice.
>>
>>318384796
some maps have good areas that aren't basement like the house's master bedroom or the dining room in that one map that i still cant name.
>>
>>318384964
reminds me of the good ole days in TF2
>>
just what the world needs is another god damn cs clone
>>
what's your two favorite bread and butter classes?
for me it's castle and mute. these two work wonders on some maps when its either with your friends or with another experienced player
>>
>>318384737
to be clear I wasn't implying you were juking on those players btw, but that this is my general experience with being on the other side of the sheild/sword wombo combo.

Also
>Players that don't use the walk ever and telegraph the team movements miss all their shots on account of running then cry about shit netcode being the reason that they ran round a corner and ate the waiting shotgun blast to the face.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
>>
>>318384734
blitz is considered tier 1 by the few pros who played the game so far

>>318384964
theyve always had personality. ever since the first rainbow six they've had bios and dossiers that give a hint to their personality and isnt just "this guy was a soldier and he was super good and joined r6"
>>
File: that's pretty good.jpg (21 KB, 404x404) Image search: [Google]
that's pretty good.jpg
21 KB, 404x404
>>318385210
i play it 99% of the time. At first during the closed beta I didn't think it was gonna be much of a class but watching people panic when they're flashed pretty much gave me a hard on for that class.
>>
>>318385123
Thatcher/IQ
Bandit/Castle
Montagne/Anyone
Pulse/Tachunka

so many classes are complimentary to each other and there are no real 'bad drafts'

>>318385210
>blitz is considered tier 1 by the few pros who played the game so far
>pros
>professional players
>of a game that's not yet been released or finished
>I'll just ask Kobe about how to crack the Colts defensive line.
tripfag please.
>>
>>318385528
hey man i dont agree with it, but everything's competitive now and people are gonna try to speculate tiers for everything

theres fucking sfv beta tiers as of this moment
>>
File: 1432960637366.jpg (82 KB, 682x601) Image search: [Google]
1432960637366.jpg
82 KB, 682x601
>>318385528
>I'll just ask Kobe about how to crack the Colts defensive line.
goddamn i laughed way too hard at this
>>
>>318385091
You mean just like all the other non of them?

Name one other CS clone. Also, R6 Siege is a much better game than CS.
>>
File: 1382166095647.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1382166095647.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>318383998
>mfw Glaz breaches with flip sight up
>mfw I try to Glaz but the enemy is on the bottom floor
>mfw Glaz's sniper shoots a round a year when I spot someone
>mfw no good vantage point
>mfw pistol is weak af and takes like ten shots to kill something

>mfw nobody shoots out or calls out Kapkan traps
>mfw instantly teamkilled on spawn
>mfw bullets are pellets
>mfw randomly wallbanged
>mfw nobody shoots out cameras

>mfw Blitz
>mfw Montagne
>mfw random Ash Grenade blows you up
>tfw no-one fails to look at them window that was just breached until I get shot and die
>mfw I go down and don't get revived
>mfw teamkilled while down
>mfw shot in the foot from 100 miles away but die instead of going down
>mfw Armored Panel corner campers
>mfw enemy shooting through murderhole (broken wall at prone level)
>mfw that room by the Master Bedroom filled with enemies in the house map
>mfw teammates funnel through one place and die, leaving me 1v5
>mfw laggy as fuck because Ubishit servers

although if it was lag free it'd be fun as fuck
>>
>no brazilian BOPE

dropped
>>
>>318385851
>mfw enemy shooting through murderhole (broken wall at prone level)
>murderhole
I like that.

Btw I'm actually super confused about your post. It starts of kinda legit, turns into insane bait tier nonsense then sorta comes back to some kind of validity to close it all out.
9/10 I'm so fucking confused.
>>
>>318385210
>pros
Of what game? This one that hasn't been released yet?
>>
>>318385992
what special skills would BOPE bring to the game?
>>
>>318385992
DLC probably, you dirty goyim.

Who would you like to see in game? For me it's:
>TAG/SASR (Aus)
>BOPE
>Mista'arvim/Sayeret (Israel)
>JTF2 (Can)
>Fromandskorpset (Denmark)
>GROM (Poland)
>SPU (China)
>Delta/Seals
>>
>>318386507
Crushing into buldings with their custom made APCs.
>>
>>318386237
usually csgo/battlefield players i see on stream who voice their input. one or two i heard were from og raven shield/rogue spear players

theres one here but its incomplete

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-J2TFxKkBpaz029q8ukFFrS7tWFQeXq5tZbLe7-QltY/edit
>>
>>318376018
wait there was an open beta? fuck i actually wanted to try it out
>>
>>318386507
BOPE could be a rush based team, weaker charges that are faster to deploy, maybe they have charges with a built in flash bang or something. Perhaps some kind of flash resistance on the defensive side of things, maybe a resupply ability to allow the team to place an extra defense each.
>>
File: satan.jpg (117 KB, 600x757) Image search: [Google]
satan.jpg
117 KB, 600x757
Will there be any game modes like standart team deathmatch where you respawn after you die? Or is it always round based?
>>
>>318387092
I'm pretty sure it would be totally pointless as it would largely defeat the object of the game and destroy any sense of balance.

If you're coming at that question because you're worried about it being like CS's bullshit, don't. It's short, decisve rounds and dead players are able to take on the role of support team members to operate any surveillance that's been placed and feed information between the team freeing the living team members to focus on operating. Maybe it's the smaller/shorter games, but being dead really doesn't make you feel like you're out of the game.
>>
>>318387475
Any decent team will kill the cams on entry, and the spotting system is so shitty that you need to perfectly guess when they're coming around the corner to get a spot off.
>>
>>318387092
>thank mister satan
shouldn't it be something about banishing him? if we want fun games without microtransactions I don't see how thanking an evil satan of EA helps

fuck mister satan
>>
>>318387595
Spotting is garbage, but you can use your mouth and microphone to convey information. You can even type, since you are dead. Sometimes simply knowing a camera was taken out, or seeing a glimpse of movement can be game changing. The ability to see all the players perspectives can give you a unique viewpoint and if you're attacking the cameras are going to be as good and hard to kill as you placed them to be.
>>
>>318387475
>dead players are able to take on the role of support team members to operate any surveillance that's been placed and feed information between the team freeing the living team members to focus on operating.

>Sitting in basement camping
>Ally gets murdered as soon as I come up the stairs
>No idea who killed him and where
>Sweating bullets as I slowly sweep the rooms
>Ally marks enemy from camera

I fucking love moments like these.
>>
It was fun while Sledge and Fuse were in the game.

Not going to buy it now though
>>
>>318388238
They still are senpai. Just not in the open beta.
>>
>Everyone has super advanced tacticool army gadgets
>Bandit's is literally a janked up car battery
>>
>>318388238
They restrict certain operators in each beta/alpha, probably to test them out for balance purposes.

>>318388315
>Bandit's is literally a janked up car battery
And yet depending on map and location, he can completely secure an area by himself.
>>
>>318388315
>Everyone has super advanced tacticool army gadgets
>Mute's literally a janked up wifi hotspot

also for those of you that don't know yet, a jammer will jam a blitz's flash. because it uses wifi or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>318388548
>>318388548

>Mute's literally a janked up wifi hotspot

I laughed way to hard at this.
>>
>>318388548
>Mute's wifi router jams every electronic device
>Except IQ's scanner

!?!
>>
>>318388727
might jam the scanner if you stand in the jammer's red ring of fuckery. don't know because i usually shoot jammers on sight.
>>
>>318381901
>shock top
Gross.
>>
File: 1432605681709.jpg (262 KB, 729x899) Image search: [Google]
1432605681709.jpg
262 KB, 729x899
>>318379937
I just got it from a keysite for £19. I don't know anyone who actually bought it at full price.
>>
>>318389360
I've never bougt something from a keysite before.

Is it safe and will my uplay account get banned?
>>
>>318389489

Depends on the keysite and depends on the keysite.

GMG is a good one, G2A works too.
>>
>>318376018
I'll pick it when it's around 20-30 bucks. There aren't enough maps/modes to justify 60 bucks imo.
>>
>>318390538

>Wanting more modes

I will never understand this.

3-4 good modes is the right number. The more you add the more the player base splits. More maps is always welcome though. 11 maps at launch is a decent number I have no idea what people are expecting nowadays CSS launched with 9 maps CS:GO launched with 8.

I guess BF2 launched with 16 is that the standard or some shit?
>>
>>318390895
>3-4 good modes
Terrorist Hunt and bomb defusal hostage rescue, which are both variations on the same thing. What else does Siege have exactly?
>>
WHERE IS FUZE UBISOFT
BRING FUZE BACK
>>
>>318391280
Season Pass DLC exclusive
>>
>>318391360
You're most likely bullshitting but I'll buy that shit just for him
>>
>>318389489
I used the same site for Far Cry 4 a year ago and it was fine. I only do it when it's Uplay though, I probably wouldn't take the risk with my Steam account, just in case.
>>
>>318391280
He is in the full game, he just wasn't in the beta because reasons.
>>
>>318391180
T Hunt Classic
T Hunt Defusal

PvP Escort
PvP Defusal
PvP Domination

Looks fine to me?
>>
>Shoot guy once
>He dies

It's bad gameplay for the sake of MUH REALISM
>>
>>318390427
>>318391450
I'm thinking of buying it from Green Man Gaming since it's only $40 and that's the cheapest I've seen it. Would the key work if I'm from Canada? Or would it do something dumb like restrict me to EU servers or wherever the fuck GMG is?

Also, if my Steam account has been linked to Uplay (I think I played blacklist on it), will I still be safe as long as I activate it on Uplay only?
>>
File: 1378496359036.gif (474 KB, 127x139) Image search: [Google]
1378496359036.gif
474 KB, 127x139
>>318391550
>It's bad gameplay for the sake of MUH REALISM
>>
>>318391479
I have a feeling it's going to be like the new Battlefront game.
>9 GAMEPLAY MODES GUYS!
>but only 2 of them are any good
>NINE FUCKING MODES!
>>
>>318391550
The funny thing is, yesterday people were complaining it takes too many hits to kill someone and that it was too casual.
>>
Playing the full version right now.
Matchmaking still sucks ass, either that or no one is playing atm.
>>
>Search uplay store for the game to check it's price
>First item that appears is the season's pass

INSTA DROPPED.
Also lol 60€
>>
>>318391705
>Playing the full version right now.
The servers aren't even lying you sack of shit.

If you are playing it you are playing it over tunngle. The matchmaking is between you and other people playing through tunngle not through the official servers.
>>
>>318391645
Unlike Bfront, you don't have a choice in what mode you play.

For normal 5v5, I am fine with that
For THunt, its fucking retarded
>>
>>318391645
It's not really advertising itself on modes though. It's more like CS:GO where you have two types of 'competitive' modes and casual shit (ie. deathmatch there, T Hunt here).
>>
File: angel-densetsu-271160.jpg (166 KB, 800x1270) Image search: [Google]
angel-densetsu-271160.jpg
166 KB, 800x1270
>>318376018
>Let the beta download on my ps4 all night
>Try to play it in the morning
>Servers unavailable

The fuck is this shit?
>>
>>318391705
The hell did you expect the game's officially out tonorrow
>>
>>318391839
Game came out in Aus 2 hours you fucking faggot.
Ive had 1 match so far and one it shield bashing some faggot.
>>
File: 1339512981687.jpg (51 KB, 160x190) Image search: [Google]
1339512981687.jpg
51 KB, 160x190
>>318391705
Servers aren't up until the 1st, bruh.

>>318391876
Beta's over bruh.
>>
>>318391623
Most of these sites sell 'worldwide' keys that are bought in bulk and aren't restricted to any area.

The absolute worst case scenario is that the batch of keys are stolen, in which case the game would probably be removed from your account. There's pretty much zero chance of getting banned for anything.

The only thing that would put your account in danger is if you use a VPN to activate something from a specific region.
>>
File: 1318504611355.jpg (61 KB, 430x429) Image search: [Google]
1318504611355.jpg
61 KB, 430x429
>>318391906
>Game came out in Aus 2 hours you fucking faggot.

Why are you telling lies on the internet?

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faq/article/000024692

Also

>Ubisoft has confirmed exactly when team-based shooter Rainbow Six Siege's servers will go live. Writing on Twitter, Ubisoft announced that PC, Xbox One, and PS4 servers will be switched on at 12:01 AM EST on December 1.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-exactly-when-rainbow-six-sieges-servers-go-l/1100-6432658/
>>
I never bothered with the beta so I have to ask

Is Terrorist Hunt any good? I remember it in Vegas 2 being hard as balls on Realistic difficulty.
>>
>>318391971
>Most of these sites sell 'worldwide' keys that are bought in bulk and aren't restricted to any area.
So I can still play from Canada and aren't restricted to different servers? I'm just asking because G2A lists tons of country flags EXCEPT US and Canada.

>The only thing that would put your account in danger is if you use a VPN to activate something from a specific region.
Not sure why I would ever do that, but thanks for the heads up.

As long as the key is safe and won't get my uplay/steam accounts banned, I'm happy.
>>
>>318392032
I don't know what to tell you man Ive got the game on ps4, fully unlocked and ive had 1 round and won it with faze.
If I could post a screenshot from the ps4 version I would but have no idea how to do that shit.
Maybe I can tell you something you might not know, Ive seen all the characters are their any you don't know about?
>>
>>318392127
T Hunt is pretty fun and will probably be even moreso once we get all the maps. Also, realism is hard as balls since Ubisoft are aiming for a 10% clear rate (it's sitting at 14% or something right now).

>>318392203
Just stop posting.
>>
>>318392203
Anon, stop telling lies on the internet.
>>
>>318392275

Do you still get level progress and whatnot even if you fail, like in Vegas?
>>
>>318392275
Its fucking true man.
>>
>>318391882
>>318391941
Bruh, i saw online that the beta was gonna be over at December 1st. It's still friking November.
>>
File: 1310194026977s.jpg (2 KB, 124x126) Image search: [Google]
1310194026977s.jpg
2 KB, 124x126
>>318392403
>Its fucking true man.
>>
>>318392409
>Bruh, i saw online that the beta was gonna be over at December 1st.
Perhaps you should get your eyes checked? All that time in front of the monitor must have made you half-blind.

>The open beta went live on Nov. 26 and will be ongoing until Nov. 29, in preparation for the official launch of the game on Dec. 1. The popular and Counterstrike-borrowed PvE Disarm Bomb mode, which works in Terrorist Hunt, will be playable.
>>
>>318390895
There are 11 maps? I've only seen 4 or 5
>>
File: iq is cute.jpg (71 KB, 608x288) Image search: [Google]
iq is cute.jpg
71 KB, 608x288
>>318384702
IQ is cute!
Are shields still ridiculously overpowered?
Kinda liked the beta but the shields ruined it.
>>
>>318392450
Fine call me full of shit but I have the archievements to prove that the game is out in Australia now to play after downloading the game from the psn store.
>>
>>318392590
>dem fuck me eyes
>>
Pirated it. Been playing it on Tuungle. Not a whole lot of content, and it really shouldn't be a $60 game. It's more of a $25-$30 price-range game.
>>
All single player missions

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwwkz6ZKuP2FWvCArP1intVcODlXWp0wQ
>>
>>318392501
Fuck.

Why would they release a multiplayer beta literally a week before the full gane release in the first place anyways?
>>
>>318376536
>Doesn't know how to properly care for their PC run software properly
>>
You have to rank up to lv20 to unlock ranked mode which has less HUD info and shit.
>>
>>318382479

CODbabby spotted.
>>
>>318383796
>I pick thermite
>Teammates fuck off to windows and doors

Yeah fuck you too.
>>
>>318392590
Shields weren't overpowered - pistols were.

Now they have nerfed accuracy on pistols while hip firing from shields and reduced it even further if you're under fire. Like, you can even hit someone 5ft in front of you anymore.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
>>318383796
>team mate picks castle
>'hey I'm mute, if you use your ability on the windows then I can jam them and it would be basically impenetrable unless they do this one exact thing'
>guy doesn't use any of his armoured sheets at all
>>
>>318393474
>unless they do this one exact thing'
Have an Ash?
>>
>>318376018
If it was on steam and cost 20-30 dollars, I would probably consider buying it
>>
>>318392728
>our "campaign" is 10 extremely short and easy tutorials

fuckin
>>
>>318393547
Oh and when I said it should be on steam, I obviously meant that it shouldn't require uplay
>>
>>318393536
Yes. Although most Ash's I see are retards trying to use it as a grenade launcher
>>
>>318392687
The game literally doesn't work without a connection to ubishit servers. Being on tunggle wouldn't matter because it doesn't have a LAN function.
>>318392635
Ok, you're full of shit.
>>318392730
To test features before release? Server stress testing? Fine tuning?
>>
>>318393404
Nice,.
>>
>>318380883
>Not Thermite
>Not Mute
Come on now
>>
>>318393830
Thermite gets countered by TWO operators.
Thermite a shit.
>>
>>318376664
>matchmaking problems maymay
I live in fucking ausfailia and I would get a match with no issues in ~1 minute.
>>
>>318394026
Not really, not only these operators (battery and disruptor guy) can counter other operators too but must of the time you can just get rid of the disruptor/battery with a good angle or a grenade.

Thermite, just like most operators, have a specific use on specific sides of maps. He is awesome on maps with wide garage doors, you can just blow them up and kill everyone inside very easily from afar, proning behind cars and shit
>>
>>318392728
Some of these would of been for a full single player mission.
>>
>>318396080
*good for*
>>
>>318393536
Plus Thatcher, Sledge, and frag grenades(?)
>>
I actually liked the beta. I don't like the 60€ though. Should I expect a discount soon? Or can I get it cheapter than the 40€ on GMG?
>>
>>318381385
Unlike in other games, shotguns have actually have a utility in this game because they can punch through walls much faster to to make murderholes.
>>
>>318393750
You are horribly wrong.

>Set your Tuungle adapter via network settings to Interface Metric "10"
>Multiplayer > Custom Game > Local.

Welcome to not paying for an Ubishit game. And the teammates I've picked up aren't half bad. We steamrolled a team two Attack rounds in a row with Fuze, Thermite in one room, and two other op's taking the windows.
>>
File: 144901820851.png (931 KB, 830x710) Image search: [Google]
144901820851.png
931 KB, 830x710
>>318383682
>>
I played the closed beta, not open beta.

Are the classes still locked behind a pointless grinding?
>>
>>318395124
>but must of the time you can just get rid of the disruptor/battery with a good angle or a grenade.
Do explain, because you aren't lobbing a grenade into a reinforced room.

Even less so if they have jager.
>>
>>318397569
In the 2 maps that had garage doors that I played during the previous beta there were openings that gave line of sight on the inside of the doors from outside.

Not gonna comment on the jagger thing, if they have jagger+battery+disruptors they have a right to defend 3-5 walls and it's retarded to think thermite is useless because of it
>>
CD Keys.com just sent me my key, preloading now.
>>
>>318397936
There's only one map that has garage doors since the embassy one only had stairs that were easy kill zones.

Garage breach is also not safe either since to get the right angle to destroy the boat door, you would put yourself in the line of fire.
>>
>>318397569
Thatcher's EMP grenades. Plus the effect goes through walls.
>>
>>318380026
I just looked it up. Did you do this? Is this website legit? lol
>>
>>318398428
GMG's pretty legit
>>
>>318392728
Can you pick different operators to use for these missions?
>>
>>318398506
Each of the missions are tied to the specific operator.
>>
>>318398243
>put yourself in the line of fire.

wow that's crazy man, you have to shoot people? no waaaay

Embassy has garage doors unless they changed it and that stair doorway can be used to throw grenades from outside and clear enything near the doors
>>
>>318396618
Keysites can get it for 25 but it's keysites.
>>
>>318378292
shields are fucking cancer
>>
>>318398656
That sucks, i'm not that interested in them though.
>>
>>318397403
Ye, but you get points really easily anyways. Playing rankes gives you 1.5x the normal amount too so getting good operators takes only about 3 matches
>>
>>318398908
>getting good operators takes only about 3 matches
That's better, i suppose, but I'm still going to take a pass.

I cannot understand the thought process behind locking classes in a class based shooter other than "modern fps kids LOVE unlocking things."

I suppose if TF2 came out today you'd start with the soldier and be forced to unlock all the other classes. Gives me chills.
>>
>>318376865
>5 minutes
it takes like 10 seconds or less for PS4
>>
>>318378963
That fucking fov, holy shit
>>
>>318398192
It was accepted? Im thinking of using gmg for key but I heard ubisoft didn't accept it from 3rd party key sites
>>
File: Untitled.png (837 KB, 1873x973) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
837 KB, 1873x973
>>318399285
Console gamer spotted.
That fov looks and feels realistic fov.

>>318399373
>It was accepted?

Of course it was, pick related.
>>
Is there any singleplayer in this? Are there coop terrorist hunts? Do i have to play the 5v5 multiplayer?
>>
>>318399828
see
>>318392728
>>
>>318384264
git gud
They have bright flashing lights strapped to them and making heavy breathing sounds when they're one room away
>>
>>318399828
Yes to coop terrorist hunts. You can lone wolf too.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.