[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iOS RPGs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
So, SquareEnix are charging out the asshole for their old FF games (getting 1-6 costs over $100 in Aus), and I updated my phone so I can't jailbreak it either.

Anyway, what are some good iPhone RPGs? Bonus points for retro/16 bit style games
>>
>>318372004
I would recommend Cthulhu saves the world.
I thought it was very good. Retro look, funny writing, good combat system, and lots of good content for the price.
>>
>>318372004
The Dragon Quest ports are sort of shoddy but are still a good way to play them. Particularly 5 onwards.
>>
Dragon Quest?
Sounds fucking gay.
Give me some real games
>>
>>318374376
>Wanted to play Square's shit tier remakes of the old Final Fantasies
>Asks for real games

Australians are mongoloids I swear
>>
>>318372004
Install a fucking emulator and play the old FF games. Are you retarded?
>>
>>318374191
im currently playing DQ3 on my phone. my only complaints is that i cant rotate the screen and i cant get rid of the onscreen controls.

this is actually my first time playing a DQ game so i have no idea what im in for

im looking forward to the port of DQ8 for the 3DS
>>
File: Capture.png (157 KB, 335x235) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
157 KB, 335x235
>>318374376
>wants real games
>on a cell phone
>on an iphone
>>
>>318374460
read my post again fucktard, can't jailbreak the nigger
>>
>>318372004
How about the mother fucking official english translation of Shin Megami Tensei 1 niggah? iOS exclusive because they gave up on mobile games. SMT2 and if... are also on there but only in japanese.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/shin-megami-tensei-eng/id804069802?mt=8

It's $12 now but I got it on sale for much less.

Aside from that, WitchSpring (you raise a QT dark elf witch daughterfu for 100 days Persona style with turn based battles), Adventure Bar Story, 7 Stories and Zeke and Pandora: The Stolen King are what I got on my phone right now. I also got a couple of Kemco RPGs but they vary in quality. Illusion of L'Phalcia is a decent one that has 3D models for combat.
>>
>>318374457
fuck off ya gay cunt you don't know shit, Final Fantasy created and perfected RPG Games
>>
>>318374771
If you updated to the latest iOS9, you should still be able to sideload emulators signed using a Mac. I thought that was one of the main features of iOS9. Dunno if you need a Mac to do it yourself or if you can get one pre-signed or whatever.

I downgraded my 4s to iOS6 for performance and to play old games that never got updated to support iOS7/8, and an iOS 8.1.2 iPad Air 2 that I use to play PSP games. My iphone plays psx games perfectly well with retroarch though.
>>
>>318374965
interesting. I sort of read about this before, don't you need to switch the time to some date every time you want to use it? and how do you get roms on?
>>
>>318375110
No no no no no

What you're thinking of is the old iOS 7-8 exploit that let users install apps through the browser and have them work if you fuck with the date. Later they replaced that with emulators signed with a dev certificate that needs to get replaced, hence why you gotta pay for iemulators.

iOS 9 sideloading is different and involves Xcode 7 and compiling/signing the app yourself. To do it yourself you need a Mac, but I dunno if you NEED to do it yourself or if you can get someone to do it for you and have it still work.

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4239
>>
>>318375110
>>318375529
I just googled it for ya, try this f@m
https://mega.nz/#!K1N1AYab!y0mDSrkR0vZe8jNHVALv8Y-QPkwQc5uGCm0H_GP82Kk

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4201
Got it from this thread, go read there if you have any problems.
>>
>>318375529
>>318375932

I'll give it a run, who knows, I just might be playing home improvement in no time
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.