[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the first game at least good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: 1425246809533.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
1425246809533.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
Is the first game at least good?
>>
>>318371207

All three are good in their own way. The first is the only one that is mostly not disappointing in any respect.
>>
1 = Great
2 = worse than dogshit, might as well not even exist
3 = Great if you can ignore the homo propaganda
>>
>>318371207
1 = Best Story, worst gameplay
2 = Ok story, ok gameplay
3 = Meh story, Best gameplay
>>
>>318371439
>>318372763
Shooting three waves of geth in a walled off arena, then walking to the next arena for another three waves counts as good gameplay on /contrarian/ these days?
>>
>>318372875
Yes and you can even roll from cover to cover in it
>>
From a story stand-point, yeah it's great. The combat is a bit sluggish and unresponsive though. ME2 made great strides towards better combat. ME3 improved on those even further too, even succeeding to the point of being probably the only RPG I've ever played that had a really engaging, addictive multilayer.
>>
>>318371439
Nigger 2 is the best out of all of them
>>
File: Objection.jpg (2 MB, 1386x1385) Image search: [Google]
Objection.jpg
2 MB, 1386x1385
>>318371207
The series is overrated guttershite
>>
>>318371207
ME series gives good 3rd person action. ME1 and 2 are good if you do 100% run on both. ME3 is also good if you ignore god child, celebs, story/ending and homos trying to get into your pants.
>>
>>318373329
What game do you fuck alien whores in anon?
>>
>>318371439
Eh the story of 2 was garbage, but i liked that the game was about building your crew of interesting characters, and then doing loyalty missions which not only flesh out their character, but flesh out your knowledge of the universe too.
>>
Don't bother with 1, gameplay is fucking dog shit

2 is the best overall
>>
>>318373690
>Don't bother with 1
t. pleb
>>
Wasn't the first one the only one made before EA took over?
>>
File: fEEuitS.jpg (32 KB, 401x499) Image search: [Google]
fEEuitS.jpg
32 KB, 401x499
>>318373420
Yer' weak, you're outta control, and you've become an embarrassment to yerself and everybody else in the board
>>
1 is the best one when it comes to the story and lore. I actually really like the gameplay, but it's not a polished or good game, just fun to be a Biotic and be invincible.

2 is the worst when it comes to story and lore, it makes absolutely no fucking sense, the logic is not there, the major changes to the universe are retarded, it's shit. The gameplay is awful despite what many people claim.
B-BUT DEY MADE DA SHOOTING LIKE A REAL COVER SHOOTER! It's clunkier than a real shooter while not having any of the RPG elements of the first game.

Mass Effect 3, retarded story aside, is a great game. The gameplay is far better than 2, it not only feels like an actual polished shooter but also is more of an RPG. Also the multiplayer is fantastic.
>>
>>318374178
Yes, and their effects are felt immediately in the second game

>no more RPG elements
>no inventory at all
>Liara is now a badass crime lord in only 2 years because REASONS
>Shepard's body somehow survives re-entry and they bring him back to life after total brain death
>there is now limited ammo because THIS SOMEHOW MAKES GUNS FUCKING BETTER IT'S A HUGE TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT AND ALSO EVERY GUN IN THE UNIVERSE SWITCHED TO THIS SYSTEM, EVEN ANCIENT ASS RUINS HAVE THERMAL CLIPS IN THEM
>Joker gives up his entire career and joins a terrorist organization for no reason

Mass Effect 1 had so much potential, and it's all fucking gone forever.
>>
File: mass_effect_cucks2.jpg (211 KB, 1370x907) Image search: [Google]
mass_effect_cucks2.jpg
211 KB, 1370x907
>>318371207
It's.... playable, and definitely better than 3. The sidequests are all a joke, the mako sucks ass and the combat is beyond broken and a chore to play. I'd just bum rush the core missions.
>>
>>318375062
The sidequests on Noveria are decent.

The Mako is fucking awesome though, looks like you just don't know how to have fun with bad video game physics.
>>
>>318371207
Yes, in fact it's one of the best Sci Fi games ever made
>>
>>318375137
Every mako planet is just randomised terrain painted 1 of like 3 colors with the same bunker pasted around with like 3 box layouts to change it up. There's nothing redeeming about it. You might be right about noveria as I haven't played in years... but most of them devolve into fetch quests or mako shit and have very minimal story to make them worth the time.
>>
>>318375062
>The sidequests are all a joke
If you want to be underleveled and have shit equipment sure

>the mako sucks ass
Better than what 2 and 3 had and no DLC does not count

>the combat is beyond broken and a chore to play
How is it broken> And it's only really a chore if you suck there's like 1 to 2 hard parts in the whole game and that's on your first try only.

>I'd just bum rush the core missions.
And skip some of the best world building of that generation of games?
>>
>>318375445
I love Mass Effect 1 but come on, the combat in 1 is DOMINATED by Biotics.

Adept Shep+Kaiden+Wrex is the absolute best way to play the game.
>>
>>318375592
But that's wrong, Tech is godlike in ME1, if anything ME2 is dominated by biotics because of how silly lift and throw are in that game
>>
No.

ME2>ME3>Jacob's Mobile Game>ME1
>>
It's not perfect but it's decent. Those imperfect elements were scrapped in the second game instead of perfected.
>>
File: 1350403186646.png (53 KB, 1300x541) Image search: [Google]
1350403186646.png
53 KB, 1300x541
>>318375445
> underleveled
Who cares. Why would you even play this game on a hard setting and make enemies more bulletspongy.
> how is it broken
By midgame you can literally fire your gun nonstop and just troll around. It's at best on par with ranged combat in kotor, which was a joke there too.
> mako better than all of 2s varied sidequests
GTFO
>>
>>318375678
Tech is good, but it's not 'literally ragdoll the FINAL BOSS around like a cat toy until he dies without getting off a single attack' good.

Also biotics aside from Charge are SHIT TIER in 2 because they don't go through shields or armor, which 90% of the enemies have.
>>
>>318375826
But anon Mako is not side quest, it's the exploration aspect of the game, 2's version of that is scanning planets

>>318375946
Guess it just depends on how you build your team in ME1 I would use Garrus and Tali and never had problems with anything
>>
>>318375826
Where in that post is hard mode mentioned at all?

>By midgame you can literally fire your gun nonstop and just troll around.
>midgame
This is just false information
>>
>>318376241
Nah m8. Many of 1s sidequests involve mako planets. 2s version of that is actual unique levels.
>>
File: the trashman.png (75 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
the trashman.png
75 KB, 200x199
First one is the only good game in the series.
The second one was the biggest disappointment since at least I didn't expect it to be the putrid shit that it was. They downgraded or removed everything that made 1 good.
3 was shit but this time it was expected so it didn't hurt as much.

1>>>>>>>>>>3>2
Haven't been able to play 1 in a long while though. When I start it up I get reminded by the abortion that was 2 and 3 and I just stop.
They retroactively ruined 1 for me.
>>
>>318371207
First game is great. Second and third are worth playing only if you're invested in the world and characters.
>>
>>318376894
If you're interested in the world and characters, than 2 is bound to piss you off with its lore rape.
>>
I think 2 was more enjoyable than 1 because I hated the clunky systems, but I think 1's quality as an RPG is greater. 2 has a lot of good characters though and some pretty memorable missions.
3 was a disappointment. Not even talking gameplay wise but it was just such a disappointing feeling to play through it after the build up from the previous games. The ending is rage inducing.
>>
>>318373124
> Most static gameplay
> Story that doesnt seem to have a real purpose
> No side quest
> Fixed loadout
> Simplest leveling
I'm not saying that ME2 is bad, just that 3 improved pretty much everything over it.
>>
>>318377320
> no sidequest
Uhh m8 >>318375826
3 has fuck all for sidequests, and much worse leveling. You already start nearly maxed out if you carry over a character.
>>
I saw the trilogy boxset for PS3 in a shop for £30. I already have them all downloaded thanks to PS+ but I'm mulling over whether to get this for collectors value. You think it's worth it?

I have never seen Mass Effect 1 boxed for PS3 and frankly didn't know it existed. Haven't played 2 or 3 yet but love the first.
>>
>>318375057
>Joker's Vrolick's syndrome now affects his entire body rather than just his legs, yet he can still jog and climb ladders to avoid the Collectors.
>>
The first game has aged like shit. People keep telling me mods can somewhat fix it but I've yet to see any that actually look good.
>>
File: 1330702043510.jpg (3 MB, 4000x2655) Image search: [Google]
1330702043510.jpg
3 MB, 4000x2655
Absolutely.

It gave me such a sense of adventure, I fucking love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUKiOcV1SSc
>>
>>318381230
>snow
That usually implies its fairly cold
>doesn't cover her head with anything
Why do artists do this shit? It looks stupid as hell.
>>
File: frodo.jpg (229 KB, 1919x791) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
229 KB, 1919x791
>>318381496
It's the same shit in movies and fiction in general.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.