[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time for another census. PCfags get in here. We want to kno
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: ervw.png (495 KB, 794x557) Image search: [Google]
ervw.png
495 KB, 794x557
Time for another census.

PCfags get in here. We want to know more about you.

http://strawpoll.me/6140114
>>
>>318367938
>even thinking about playing on a laptop.
get of the site senpai
>>
Why is playing on a laptop bad?
>>
>>318368507
this.
you can easily play all your games anywhere you like.
on the toilet for example. you just can't set up your desktop and shit just to take a shit
>>
>>318368315
some of us leave our rooms sometimes
>>
>>318368656
>easily
It's a lot more expensive to obtain a high-end gaming laptop than a gaming desktop
>>
>>318368507
It's either weak or hot as fuck with low battery life. It's a shitty compromise.
>>
>>318368507
Worse performance for the same price and the heat will kill the parts much faster since the airflow sucks.

It's alright if you're in college or something, though.
>>
>>318367938
I play on my gaming laptop plugged into my old desktop monitor, at a computer desk. Sometimes the desktop gets taken downstairs and the TV becomes its monitor.
>>
I've never seen a laptop with a half-decent gpu that didn't die within a couple years, fuck that noise, if you're going PC go all the way.

Otherwise get a $300 craptop that'll never heat up and a $100 PS3 with all the $8 games off ebay you will ever fucking play my nigga.
>>
File: women laughing.jpg (719 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
women laughing.jpg
719 KB, 1280x1280
>>318368656
>he doesnt have a shit bucket
>>
>>318368994
do you have one in your room?
that's gross, man.
when was the last time you even saw daylight?
>>
File: ebv.jpg (182 KB, 1187x698) Image search: [Google]
ebv.jpg
182 KB, 1187x698
Results of yesterday's census for whoever cares. Percentages didn't budge after around 900 votes were in, so we can safely assume we got more than enough answers to paint an accurate picture.
>>
I use them to warm my asshole when i'm playing on my PC
>>
File: 3vwc.png (24 KB, 755x271) Image search: [Google]
3vwc.png
24 KB, 755x271
Here are the results of reddit's r/games subreddit for comparison. We're a little less PC and a little more Nintendo, but otherwise very similar; PC dominates, with Sony being a distant but clear second.
>>
>>318369115
God's work anon, show nintendrones how puny they really are
>>
>>318368821
What if you only play emulators or old games?
>>
>>318369115

no you can't. you can assume the sample is representative of the kinds of normies who care about proving their majority on an anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>318368772
>some of us leave our rooms sometimes

NORMIES GET OUT
>>
>>318369115
>>318369246
This was already obvious enough. On /v/, there's constantly at least a few threads up shitting on consoles for whatever reason. If you want to shit on PC, that's fine, so long as you don't make any good points that are impossible to be made fun of. If you do actually shit on pc in an eloquent way, however, you instantly get a temporary ban for "instigating flamewars", despite hundreds of posts saying negative things about consoles for the sole purpose of doing just that. Pc players are the majority, and they can't stand to hear dissenting opinions, but if the point being made about pc is too intelligent to refute, their only other option is to report it en masse. It's sad how /v/ has turned into a hivemind community. One of the main reasons anonymous posting was valued was its allowance of freedom of speech and divergent thinking, but now /v/ is just a thinly veiled hivemind like reddit.
>>
>>318369709
>Not leaving his room sometimes
are your parents really proud of you?
when did you last shave?
are you currently stinky from not showering in a long time?
that's not healthy, man.
>>
>>318369905
>but if the point being made about pc is too intelligent to refute
such as....
>>
>>318369905
I got banned twice for posting sony got no games pictures. You think it only happens when you do it to PC because you shit on PC
>>
>>318369905

silent majority anon. 1700 votes on a board with hundreds of thousands of posters. these polls are statistically biased for many reasons. theyre non random, convenient, non responsive, and in all likelihood contain crossies and trolls
>>
>>318369905
What the hell are you talking about newfag? This place is nintendogaf not pcgaf.

SAGE!
>>
>>318369972
>when did you last shave?
when did shaving become an essential part of personal hygiene?
>>
>>318370162
You have no idea what a representative sample size is. Go to bed, diaper.
>>
>>318370247
because beardlice
>>
>>318369667
It'll be fine.
>>
>>318370279

you have no idea how to poll without bias. not all people of v have an equal chance of voting if they don't see the thread or browse during the time frame. its convenience bias for this very reason. there are too many fake responses as well. you can't assume any degree of honesty polling v on shitposting subjects

try studying statistical analysis or econometrics sometime
>>
File: 1385904722552206.jpg (24 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1385904722552206.jpg
24 KB, 500x332
>>318370603
holy shit dumbass your entire complaint hinges on you projecting that people would care enough to significantly fuck with this and that for some fucking reason people with different platforms would be on at different times in notable amounts, nevermind that classic "hurrrr the only viable sample size is 100%" faggotry that only a fucking teenager would think

my fucking god how paranoid do you get, there's no way you'd survive an econometrics class without being that fedora-wearing fuck who argues semantics with the prof all fucking day

yes i'm mad
>>
>>318370603

ill tell you how to make a real poll to prove your point. create a time series. rerun the poll every day at randomly selected times for the same duration. ban ips from voting in more than one poll. run a regression and test for your usual pitfalls in ols modeling. make sure independent variables aren't correlated and check vifs to avoid heteroskedasticity. then everyone will laugh at you for proving that pc fans are always voted as the majority because they're obnoxious fucks who want to invalidate dissent. then you will realize that statistical models can never imply causation unless an experiment is involved
>>
>Turok 1 & 2
>Star Fox 64
>Mario 64
>Rogue Squadron
>Shadows of the Empire
>Paper Mario
>all this in one console

N64 gets my vote
>>
>>318371064

you're a retard I hope nobody ever hires you to do math. your models will be a mess rife with errors that in your eyes are nitpicking but in reality can cost corps millions. who the fuck taught you to be so sloppy? retarded faggot
>>
>>318371128
>>318371302

nigger we are getting ballpark ranges of what people on /v/ game on the most and they've so far been exactly what you'd expect

you seem to think taking all the extra steps would actually be necessary or lead to any noteworthy difference from the initial poll

to which i say take your autism elsewhere you pedantic little shit
>>
this could be a good thread, wtf happened? What a fuckin shithole.
>>
>>318367938
I've tried to play on laptop twice (bought 2 laptops). There's just not enough power and laptops have weird issues.
>>
>>318368315
waitmwhat?
I play on desktop, but purely because its necessary evil.
I cant wait for a day when my laptop will have at least 20' @1920x1200, run everything ultra, so I can stick 20 joypads in it and play Homm9 with my buddies on couch on my 85' 4K TV-
And I dont talk about on battery, when laptop is not plugged it can be shitty as it want, i wont play games while walking upanddown the square.
This is mayor mistake laptop ingeners make, they assume gaming laptop should have performance while on batteries(well, they should, bur rudimentary).
>>
>>318369112
I honestly dont have bucket anymore, I recycle everything, Im totaly independent rotational being.
Every month I take around 10 kg of biomass, and then cycle that until its totally spent.
>>
desktop master race
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.