[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be new to street fighter and fighting games in general >>really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: 1448339970682.jpg (121 KB, 900x780) Image search: [Google]
1448339970682.jpg
121 KB, 900x780
>be new to street fighter and fighting games in general
>>really bad
>get perfected
>add the guy on steam
>ask for tips on how to beat cody
>"fuck off faggot"
>ask a guy on how to beat dudley since ive never done it
>"idk man u need 2 learn urself dont ask 4 help"
>ask another guy
>lol get good faggot

The fighting game community is friendly they said
the fighting community is always willing to help new players.

is this just USF4 on PC? Should I switch to thirdstrike on fightcade? I know thats older but it seems those players are more friendly.
>>
Just play the game, and look at youtube videos and stuff. You'll never find a community that doesn't have its pricks.
>>
Nobody in the universe wants some random weirdo with a pedophile anime avatar adding them to bother them with dumb questions that they could answer for themselves with google

how about asking your questions here in this thread? Which character are you using?
>>
File: 1342482168467.jpg (31 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1342482168467.jpg
31 KB, 550x400
Look for a local tournament scene or watch youtube tutorials on characters you're interested in.

Otherwise, keep playing and losing until you start to develop fundamentals and win.

That's how most things in life that require skill go.

Keep trying until you can understand the basics and the rest will come to you eventually.
>>
Cuz in order to get gud u gotta play. If you wanna have fun playing you gotta get good. Also read and research, play against people better than you.
>>
I play a ton of fighting games, and I definitely would have helped you out. But it is definitely true that you can't get good at fighting games without working it out on your own a bit
>>
File: 1443239403687.jpg (97 KB, 872x685) Image search: [Google]
1443239403687.jpg
97 KB, 872x685
>>318365558
>get told to add people who beat me
>told not to be afraid to ask for help and reach out to other players
>actually do it and other players are assholes
>lol no1 want randum askin questions xddd just google lolol
>use google
>some faggot writes mal tier paragraphs when all he needs is "when x does x you should x try not to x if x then do x dont get caught up in x or x

ryu btw senpai
>>
>>318366082
I notice that you didn't deny the pedophile anime avatar. I would tell you to fuck off too
>>
>>318365271
Don't waste your time. Just play a good fighting game with a nice community like Smash 4 instead.

In Smash 4 all the characters follow the same template. Strings never added anything to fighting games, they just made it so knowledge and memorization is incorporated into the game instead of just pure raw action; predicting your opponents moves, using the right moves in the right situations, balancing your defense and offense, knowing your character's moveset and how to fully take advantage of it, etc.

I'd rather do all that stuff than magically make a z-shape off of the controller somehow, just to do a hadoken.
>>
File: 1448569371585.png (99 KB, 330x265) Image search: [Google]
1448569371585.png
99 KB, 330x265
>>318366148
Well my profile picture is actually hal jordan but i guess he can be anime
>>
>>318366279
What are some questions that you actually have? you have a few people here who play these games, you could always just ask them
>>
>>318366082
okay so how to be good with ryu:

memorize the range of his crouching medium kick. This is your best move. Crouching medium kick has big range, can only be blocked low, and can cancel into other shit (c.m into fireball is a good combo)

Try not to jump too much unless you have a damn good reason.

Dudley players are easy to deal with because every move has big negatives if you block them. If they do any special move to you, block it and then quickly do a shoryuken or something. If he tries to jump at you, shoryuken. Spam fireballs at dudley, he has no way to deal with fireballs other than using his ducking charge move but you can just shoryuken him or block and punish (I don't remember if the duck jab is negative on block though)
>>
>PLEASE HELP ME ON SOMETHING THAT ONLY DEPENDS ON MY OWN BRAIN AND FINGERS
>>
No, the fighting game community is trash in general, no exceptions
>>
>>318366454
Ducking straight is unsafe if blocked close, -5 I believe
>>
>>318365271

Its online. Everyone's a dick online no matter what game you're playing.

You're on fucking 4chan of all places you should know this already.
>>
>>318366625
honestly Dudley vs Ryu is a pretty bad matchup for Dudley

Dudley can't deal with fireball zoning effectively, everything he can ever do other than holding backwards is beaten by shoryuken. Want to throw a meaty sweep or overhead mixup on wakeup? lol shryuken. Meanwhile Ryu can just throw a meaty fireball when Dudley gets up and he just has to eat the chip damage like a bitch. At least Dudley has fun combos
>>
>>318366890
Bait fireballs from range with ducking mix ups (straight/whiff/if close duck and grab, you can ultra 1 under fireballs unless that's changed).
>>
If you don't wanna put time and effort and research through the shit guides or add people till the friendly "pro" hells you, i can't help you. The love of the game should be motivation enough, not find a new fighting game/genre. If you're joining this game cuz you think itll be easy you might experience frustrations.
>>
File: 1448335121703.gif (1 MB, 498x282) Image search: [Google]
1448335121703.gif
1 MB, 498x282
>>318366404
How do I stop a dudley from beating me into a corner? I've never beaten a yung, whats his deal? How do I avoid losing to him as a ryu? What are good set ups for ryus ultra 1? Ultra 1 or Ultra 2? Should I go to another shoto or branch out into a charge character?

>>318366454
>>318366625
thanks senpai

>>318366480
>shitpost about friendly and helpful community
>get upset when someone posts about it
baka desu senpai
>>
>>318366480
That's alot of things anon, not only videogames.
Your shitposting quality is terrible man, you really should step it up.
>>
File: 1312364967113.jpg (92 KB, 768x900) Image search: [Google]
1312364967113.jpg
92 KB, 768x900
>Add guy who absolutely destroyed me in SG
>Ask for tips for my main
>Gives a couple good ones a nice advanced BnB combo
>Never talk to each other again
>>
File: 1448862207025.jpg (10 KB, 299x299) Image search: [Google]
1448862207025.jpg
10 KB, 299x299
>>318367071
>love of the game should be enough to search through entire essays of shit guides written like a 9th grade research paper
>>
>>318366210
You don't need strings to win street fighter 4 though. They help immensley, but you'd be surprised at all the bibbity-bobbity-bullshit you can stuff in a corner with a good grasp of your characters basic punches and kicks
>>
>>318365893
what this anon said is true.
there are fundamental aspects that you can only explain so much, the rest comes with experience. don't let a couple of tough guy netplay faggots sour you on the genre, those retards are probably free as fuck themselves.
>>
>>318367075

The goal should be to keep people out without backing yourself into the corner, see if that helps with dudley, Yun too as they both have a gameplan that involves heavy rushdown.

Shotos, Ryu in particular is the perfect first character in a fighting game because he has tools to deal with everything and builds the basis of pretty much all fighting game fundamentals.

Generally speaking Ultra 1 is his best ultra, since you have a lot of ways to go into it

air to air j.mp Ultra 1
Shoryuken FADC Ultra 1
corner EX Hurricane Kick Ultra 1
corner EX fireball Ultra 1
all lead into Ryu's Ultra 1
>>
>>318367075
Assert your space with cr.mk canceled into fireball and fireballs. Call out jumps with shoryukens, cr.hp. The twins divekicks are rough to deal with but they also lose out to properly spaced shoryukens and I THINK s.mp.
>>
I play against good players all the time and when I beat them, I try to compliment them for a good fight, which then they proceed to say: "fcuk you fag".

I usually try to add people all the time but I never get accepted.

Why do people get so angry at fighting games? If I lose, I don't mind it, I just learn from my mistakes.
>>
>>318367075
>How do I stop a dudley from beating me into a corner?
Never be afraid or ashamed to just use a shoryuken if somebody is beating you in the corner. Sure, you should try to block and counter attack "most" of the time, but since it's dudley he'll get a full combo on you if he hits with anything anyway, so might as well try a shoryuken 1/3rd of the time or so. Just don't do it every time or he'll block and punish with his biggest combo. Of course, if you manage to block a special move you should do a combo like crouch medium kick fireball to get him off you, then jump over him as he's getting up.

>I've never beaten a yung, whats his deal?
fags who are obsessed with combos play yung. He's not really good, it's just that he's good against bad players like you who let them get their hit-confirms in. Just block and counter

>How do I avoid losing to him as a ryu?
pretty much the same as Dudley, they're both rushdowns. Sounds like you have a problem with panicking and playing badly when you're pushed quickly. Calm down, faggot

>What are good set ups for ryus ultra 1?
Jump medium punch, ultra 1 if you can hit them in the air
Jump heavy kick, ultra 1 (yes it works if you get it deep)
Shoryuken, FADC, ultra 1
Wait for the enemy to use a fireball, then use Ultra 1 which will destroy their fireball and hit them (does not work on enemies that recover very quickly from throwing fireballs, such as Guile)

>Ultra 1 or Ultra 2? Should I go to another shoto or branch out into a charge character?
I prefer Ultra 1 because it's very easy to hit with. Ultra 2 is kind of pointless. I suggest trying every characters trials and then arcade mode to see what they "feel" like. You should at least know every characters special moves or you'll never be good.
>>
File: 1446064334482.jpg (25 KB, 552x594) Image search: [Google]
1446064334482.jpg
25 KB, 552x594
>>318367896
>>318367492
>>318367853
Thanks guys, screened for future use
>>
>>318368374
hey so you were asking pretty specific questions, but one more bit of important advice

- make sure you can always do your special attacks without fail (you should be able to do any special 20 times in a row without fucking up in practice mode, some people have trouble with the dragon punch motion so practice a bit if you need to)

- look up your "bread and butter" combos with whatever character you choose to play as.

polite sage because the thread is pretty much over
>>
Why don't you just make a beginner lobby and kick anyone with 500+ hours? There's no point in playing with people who are 10x better than you with 10x the experience. You won't get good, you'll just get bodied over and over. You need to practice so you'll gradually get on their skill level.
>>
>>318367293
English is not everyone's first language. That depends on your community, some games have more dedicated gyide writers, I'd say have fun in general or have the drive to get better because fighting games are frustrating in general and easy to get discouraged from.
>>
I have played USF4 on PC for a long time and i feel like you're making this shit up. I've had nothing but good experiences. I've had plenty of people ask me for advice on how to beat my character (dhalsim) and i've happily helped them and i've done the same to others. The worst that's happened to me is people will ignore you which i understand you have no obligation to teach someone if you don't feel like it.
>>
fighting game community is absolute cancer, my friend

my bf plays fightan games too and while i love him to death i want to tear my hair out when he talks about the matches he's played goddamn
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.