[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Majora's Mask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14
File: agWZTHZ.png (204 KB, 314x226) Image search: [Google]
agWZTHZ.png
204 KB, 314x226
So you all seem to be having a terrific time with "Fallout 4" and I find that hilarious. Because you could be having an even better time withe a game that came out 15 years ago: Majora's Mask. Not only can you do everything that you can do in Fallout 4 EVEN BETTER, but you can wear transformation masks as well. How could a reasonably intelligent person possibly delude themselves to such a level of Fallout fanboyism?
>>
The Zelda fanbase is bad enough OP, don't make it worse. I agree MM is the better game of the two, and FO4 is a mess of technical problems and design problems, but no use starting shit and making the board worse than what it already is by clear shitposting.
>>
Fallout 4 runs at a higher fps than zelda lol
>>
File: 1423979566500.jpg (4 KB, 125x119) Image search: [Google]
1423979566500.jpg
4 KB, 125x119
>>318363929
Majora's Mask is my favorite game

please stop shitposting
>>
>>318363929
>Not only can you do everything that you can do in Fallout 4 EVEN BETTER,

Where's the female playable character?
>>
I think both games are shit
>>
>>318364345
Dude, prove me wrong. I'm seriously not trying to shit post and I'm sorry if it comes off like that, but I made this post because it is the truth no one will say except for me. Majora's Mask is so much better it hurts.
>>
>>318364428
Exactly, MM is better
>>
>>318364428
nice b8.
>>
File: 1349330007279.jpg (167 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1349330007279.jpg
167 KB, 1000x800
>>318364539
You can't design villages in Majora's Mask

There are no dialogue options in Majora's Mask

You can't create a character in Majora's Mask

The map in Fallout 4 is much, much, much larger.

Fallout's level of violence is over the top. MM has some blood in it.

MM is a third-person action game. Fallout 4 is an FPS.

MM is the better game, hands down, but comparing them is retarded. They're not similar in any way.
>>
>>318364721
>tfw the pre-designed villages are already good enough so you don't feel the need to make more
>tfw dialogue ruins introspective immersion
>tfw the game doesn't need character making gimmicks to be good
>tfw bursting with content in a confined space is better than useless stretched out land
>tfw violence is for uncivilized heathens
>tfw doesn't matter
you are just a blind consumer. Sorry.
>>
>>318363929

I'd never played a Zelda game before but Majora's Mask and Wind Waker always looked interesting to me so I got them both.

But then I figured I should probably play Ocarina of Time as well since it came before the others and is famous for being really good, so I played it and hated it.

Now I don't have any desire to play the actual Zelda games that got me interesting in the series because of the bad experience with OoT which has aged terrible and was full of padding. That game should have been 15 hours long max and took me at least 40+ hours with all the padding garbage put into it, the game really wore out it's welcome so much even in the good parts I was getting sick of playing it.

So is MM and WW different enough from OoT that I should play them? Should I just have skipped OoT to play MM in the first place?
>>
File: 1379106210427.gif (233 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1379106210427.gif
233 KB, 500x375
>>318365131
if you're going to be retarded don't be retarded for a genuinely good game

the comparison is pointless.
>>
>>318365201
MM has a reputation for not holding your hand at all. As for WW, it sorta does but not quite as much as OOT IMO. definitely play MM
>>
>>318365238
Fallout 4 just is just shitty in comparison.
It's retarded to compare because of how great MM is.
>>
>>318365201
You wont like MM and WW if you hate OoT because of supposed padding and it taking you that long.

OoT is about a 15-20 hour game on a first play through, so you must have spent some time doing other stuff. MM has tons of padding (albeit it feels less so) with time-traveling and side-quest mask hunting (which usually involve well written NPCs with actual characterization). WW has padding in the form of sailing, which you will find slow and boring, even though it's really not as bad as everyone says it is, and you will absolute hate the Triforce Hunt Fetch Quest towards the end, but it's an otherwise great game.

Like I said though, if you took that long with OoT and hated it, you'll likely hate the other two. You may like TP if you can get through the Tears of Light though, there really isn't much padding going on, it's just gameplay, no real sidequests or anything, but it is definitely a long Zelda, that one is about 30-40 hours on a first playthrough.
>>
File: 1349329500571.jpg (189 KB, 498x601) Image search: [Google]
1349329500571.jpg
189 KB, 498x601
>>318365201
The first thing you need to know is that all Zelda games play differently from each other, no two are the same.

Second, both MM and WW are great games, though WW becomes a slog towards the end. MM is a masterpiece.

>OoT
>padding garbage

what
>>
>>318365462
>>318365505

I'm not playing TP it doesn't look interesting to me at all.

By padding I mean walking across that fucking empty field every time I want to go somewhere. Making me wait until halfway through the game until I get the horse so I can travel faster.

Also I know you will call me out for using Egoraptors arguments here but he's right and I thought the same thing as I played it. But it takes way to long to bring out your Ocarina and input the buttons each time to do fast travel, same with enemies, half the enemies were way to time based and felt like padding. It felt for me like the "hit the glowing area" type of lazyness in enemy design except they translated it over to "hit the enemy when he does the vulnerable animation". I just didn't find it very fun.

Also fuck bats. Fuck them so much holy shit fucking worst design decision I've seen in a game ever. Especially firebats. They weren't hard but just frustrating and annoying to fight with the bad camera controls and aiming.

Also I did a lot of side quests thinking they were essential until I later realized the game was just wasting my time so I skipped them all after that. I also felt that about half the dungeons where just padding as well since a lot where very samey in structure, it was just enter, find the map, the keys, the new item, defeat boss, no real diversity in objectives yet there were so many of these dungeons I got bored after a while and preferred the overworld parts (aside from Hyrule field).
>>
>>318366056
you seem like you could benefit from some meditation, brother.
>>
>>318366056
You will definitely not like any other Zelda then.
>>
File: laugh.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>318365505
>The first thing you need to know is that all Zelda games play differently from each other, no two are the same.
>>
File: 1332131600771.jpg (173 KB, 423x600) Image search: [Google]
1332131600771.jpg
173 KB, 423x600
>>318366056
>The buttons take too long to input
It's one of the earliest forms of fast travel, and it takes like 30 seconds at most.

>combat is too time consuming
sounds like you never used items in combat. Did you even try hitting the keese with the bow? The hookshot? Slingshot? Fucking anything? They are the easiest goddamn enemies in any Zelda game ever.

>very samey in structure, it was just enter, find the map, the keys, the new item, defeat boss
You just described every Zelda dungeon ever, congrats.

>no real diversity in objectives
Dude! Fucking really?

Forest Temple has you uncurling hallways, fighting ghosts, and what not.

Fire Temple has you rescuing gorons, escaping fire walls, dropping giant pillars.

Water Temple...eh, fuck this one. It got fixed in OoT3D

Shadow Temple had you walking through the air, avoiding death traps, and more!

Spirit Temple had you switching between adult and child link as well as destroying a huge statue.

That's not even mentioning every dungeon has their own unique mini-boss.

Like Jesus man it sounds like you just were bad at the game. I'm not even trying to troll, you should try it again.
>>
>>318366715
No arguments then.
>>
>>318365438
Are you even reading the posts you are quoting?
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 927x703) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 927x703
My life has been a pit of despair once I realized I was bored with replaying MM and no game would ever come close to it.
>>
>>318367048
Just stop playing big AAA games. Like movies, there's only 2 or 3 good ones every year, everything else is passable at best.
>>
>>318366715
Well he's not wrong. They all have had pretty much an identical formula since ALttP. Get the red, blue, green stones, mid-world boss, then go do some temples, and you're done, at least the majority have been like this.

But they all have their own gameplay gimmicks and diversity that they actually do play differently in respect.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 487x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 487x506
>>318367173
Don't tell me what to do nerd
>>
>>318367276
MM is the one that doesn't follow the system.
You probably haven't even played it.
>>
>>318364539
fuck off reddit
>>
>>318367276
A handful of games deviate from the formula, MM is one of those.
>>
>>318366727

>bad at the game

Great original argument faggot.

There is no need for "Do you really want to go to X place: Yes/No". The game had a lot of unnecessary text in it. It's like the game was stuck in a permanent tutorial where every time you got an item it would come up with text telling you how to use it, even fucking maps.

>you never used items in combat. Did you even try hitting the keese with the bow? The hookshot? Slingshot? Fucking anything? They are the easiest goddamn enemies in any Zelda game ever.

I did use those things, in fact I ended up using hookshot to kill pretty much every creature after I got the extension mod for it. Was the fasted way to get through an area.

>You just described every Zelda dungeon ever, congrats.

Great so they all follow this design. I bought MM and wasted downloads torrenting WW for nothing.

>temples

They are all functionally the same, with just a different gimmick. I actually liked the water temple the most since it actually had an element of environmental gameplay. One of the things I really dislikes is the game presented it's environment as being dangerous, but it wasn't. You were walking through hallways and if you got to a ledge Link would auto jump, auto climb up, all you had to do was walk forward. Game really suffered from it, and that's why I started hating dungeons because it was all fake. Like running across roofing in Ass Creed, it's fake, there is no fail state, you can't fall off, game wont let you fail. The environmental interaction was miniscule and it was mainly enemy interaction in a bunch of featureless rooms, then box moving puzzles and find the little hidden eye and shoot it "puzzles".

I just never felt I was in any real danger of being hurt, there was a disconnect.
>>
>>318367320

>Unironically posting le data selling man
>>
>>318363929
I always make comparisons like this. Like when a game like Skyrim comes out for example, my mind instantly goes to several other games that did everything it did, but better. I guess I just don't understand why people like shitty games. "But muh subjective" I guess, the thing is, if there is a game that does everything another game does, but has more content and does it better, doesn't that make it better? Isn't it ok to just say that that better game with more content is better? I don't know, I guess there's something wrong with that.
>>
>>318367479
There is literally zero reason it took you 40 hours outside of being bad.

Why the hell would you complain about the keese anyhow

>I ended up using hookshot to kill pretty much every creature after I got the extension mod for it.

Oh so you cheat anyhow, nevermind, Zelda's not for you. Try Skyrim.
>>
>>318367632
He means the longshot.
>>
>>318367697
Then why'd he complain about keese? Like, really? They're easier than fucking goombas in Mario. You'd have to be Egoraptor levels of retarded to fail at killing them.
>>
Where do I get the armor companion and the power dog?
>>
>>318367697
>>318367810
adding on that, if he did use items, then why was "combat too slow"?

It seriously just sounds like he sucks at the game.
>>
Bremen Mask and Goron Mask.
>>
>>318367336
I have played it, I'm aware of it. It's 4 dungeons and that's it. Unless you want to the count the children's mask trials to get FD as a dungeon overall.
>>318367437
The majority do not. There might be some slight deviation in them, but they're all mostly, if not the same formula, with regards to 3 of something, a mid dungeon/world/etc., and then some temples/dungeons afterwards, then final boss.

TP is a little different because it has the fused shadows instead of the typical primary orbs, SS is a little different because you have the Imprisoned fights here and there, the 2D games are a little different here and there, such as PH you have the Temple of the Thousand Revisits, ST is a little different because you have the train stuff all over the place.

Overall though, Zeldas from ALttP follow a formula, what makes them unique is their gimmicks and new systems in place, the world, the characters, etc. The things that actually matter more than just "Oh hey I gotta go collect this red orb, didn't I do that the past 3-4 games?"
>>
File: large market.jpg (694 KB, 1200x1741) Image search: [Google]
large market.jpg
694 KB, 1200x1741
>>318364721
>but comparing them is retarded. They're not similar in any way.

Not him, but why?

There are two comparable quantities: time and money. And often, money is just abstracted time.

If someone only has 20 hours to play either Majora's Mask or Fallout 4, I will direct them to MM, because MM is a much better experience.

If you have unlimited time you're probably an underage b& and if you have unlimited money you're going to hang with the rest of the banker/1% class in the next 10 years in the coming resource wars. Pick your poison.
>>
>>318367632

Because I wanted to explore so ran all over the overworld, then spent time doing shitty sidequests.

I didn't actually time my playthrough so I don't know how long it took but it felt long, felt way to long. I jsut estimated 40 hours.

>Why didn't you use hookshot
>I did
>So you cheated

Jesus Christ.

>>318367810

Because they aren't fun. They are just annoying and again, literally padding. Every time I entered a room and there'd be 2-3 bats flying around I'd groan and pull out the hookshot, wait for it to get close enough then kill it again with auto aim. Fucking boring as fuck. Yeah sometimes I used to bow, the boomerang or the slingshot, didn't make much different they were a shit annoying enemy. Nothing to do with being bad, in fact, if anything I think I was too good at it, the game was so easy for the most part it was mindnumbing, I wanted a better challenge. The only way the game ever challenged me outside of boss fights, was a challenge of my fucking patience.
>>
>>318367980
He meant more so that they were two different genres and comparing them is silly, which it is. It'd be like comparing DOOM to Final Fantasy VII. Is one of them the better game? Sure, but comparing the two is retarded, they're vastly different.

That's what he meant.
>>
>>318367980
The comparison is retarded, though in overall quality I'd pick Majora any day. the reason I say it is because OP specifically said that MM does everything Fallout 4 does except better. The truth is they don't share many if any qualities.
>>
>>318367967
>MM has 4 dungeons
>>318367336
>MM doesn't follow the OoT formula

I am the guy who didn't like OoT but thank for for posting this. So MM is structurally different than OoT afterall and isn't filled with way to many samey gimick filled dungeons?

So do you spend most of the time int he overworld? Because I enjoyed the overworld in OoT aside from Hyrule field, if they had just deleted that fucking field and rearranged the rest of the overworld to be closer together game would have been much better.

Does MM have a stupid fucking big empty field in it's overworld?

Also in regards to what I said earlier about diversity of objectives. An example would be that part in the desert where you have to navigate around using the flags, then eventually you find that ghost and you chase it. That part was 10/10 I loved it.
>>
>>318368012
>was a challenge of my fucking patience.
You have contradicted yourself saying you use items to speed up gameplay but still wait for enemies to get near you to fight them.

Beyond that, if keese annoy you so much a majority of the time you can just run past them.
>>
>>318363929

see >>318364267
>>
File: the_big_reveal.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the_big_reveal.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>318363929
Majora's Mask was pretty good, but let me tell you what I really think about Fallout 4
I haven't played it and it doesn't look interesting
>>
>>318368282
Look, I'm the guy who's still arguing with you. MM is a very different beast from MM, but gameplay is virtually identical outside of mask stuff. If you didn't like OoT I doubt you'll like MM. The overworld is much smaller than OoT and acts more of a hub.

The big thing in MM is it's got like 20 or so really good side quests.

>and isn't filled with way to many samey gimick filled dungeons?
I really don't know what you want from dungeons. Without their gimmicks they'd just be a series of hallways with enemies.
>>
>>318368282
There is a field but it is smaller than OOT's.
the time is about half the time doing the dungeons and the other half doing sidequests. Also, If you like that ghost part then MM is probably up your ally.
>>
>>318368305

How fucking autistic are you?

The longshot hookshot still can't hit bats from the opposite side of most rooms, you still have to wait for them to get in range of the longshot.

And you can't run past fire bats safely because they will fucking swipe down at you while you are doing other things, which if you have a deku shield out will burn. I did run past most of the normal ones after a while though.

They are just a fucking shit enemy with shit mechanics and I don't know why you are defending them outside of you being a fanboy faggot who's butthurt I criticized something you are nostalgic about.
>>
>>318365462
>OoT
>15 hours on a first play through

Holy shit, it used to be that the fastest speedruns of the game took over 5 hours. You'd be rushing the fuck out of everything if you played through it first time like that.
>>
>>318368635
>he longshot hookshot still can't hit bats from the opposite side of most rooms, you still have to wait for them to get in range of the longshot.

IF YOU HAVE THE LONGSHOT YOU HAVE THE BOW

IF YOU HAVE THE BOW YOU CAN SNIPE THEM FROM LITERALLY ANY POSITION

>And you can't run past fire bats safely because they will fucking swipe down at you while you are doing other things, which if you have a deku shield out will burn.
Looks like you didn't buy the Hylian shield. Did you even go inside a market? There is literally no point where you're forced to face fire keese with the deku shield.

>I don't know why you are defending them outside of you being a fanboy faggot who's butthurt I criticized something you are nostalgic about.

I defend them because your complaints are retarded and I know the game. You are creating your own problems instead of using the tools the game gave you to prevent them.

And are keese honestly that big of a deal that it makes the entire experience worse for you? Like, really?
>>
>>318366056
>Also I did a lot of side quests thinking they were essential until I later realized the game was just wasting my time so I skipped them all after that.

Holy shit, you actively hate what makes Zelda good. You will utterly despise MM then.
>>
>>318368468
>I really don't know what you want from dungeons. Without their gimmicks they'd just be a series of hallways with enemies.

So you admit it. The dungeons literally are a series of hallways with gimmicks.

Why not get rid of them completely and have everything set on the overworld? There was just a big disconnect between the overworld and the dungeons.

Also the sidequests in MM, it isn't stupid stuff like pick up all my fucking chickens but actually decent quests this time around? I might enjoy that.
>>
>>318364539
The real question is why are you comparing them in the first place?
This is just shitposting, no one is asking this question
>>
File: 1423462125196.png (38 KB, 355x369) Image search: [Google]
1423462125196.png
38 KB, 355x369
>>318368964
>So you admit it. The dungeons literally are a series of hallways with gimmicks.

You are brilliant. Truly a philosopher of the modern era.

When did gimmick all of a sudden translate to "COMPLETELY AWFUL THING THAT MAKES EVERYTHING WORSE"?

yes, there are gimmicks. Because each temple has its own unique theme. The Swamp has poison water, the mountain has the giant verticle column, the ocean is a water temple based around machinery, and stone temple...well I won't spoil that one.

Without these gimmicks they are just boring, it's the gimmick that makes them fun.
>>
>>318369148
It just seemed so obvious. And I'm asking the question.
>>
>>318368904

>Shoot bow at bat using auto aim
>By the time the arrow reaches the bat, the bat has moved, causing the arrow to miss
>In order to "lead" the shot, you have to use manual aim which is a nightmare to use with a console controller because of under and overaiming problems
>End up waiting for bat to get closer before shooting so the arrow can reach the bat before it's moved enough to make it miss again

>Hylian shield

Is only usable by Adult link.

>There is literally no point where you're forced to face fire keese with the deku shield.

IIRC in the well in Kakariko village, or maybe I am mistaking it for one of the temples.
>>
>>318368964
>it isn't stupid stuff like pick up all my fucking chickens but actually decent quests this time around?

No, most of them far more tedious the nany quest in OoT MM fans will never admit this though, so don't ask them.
>>
>>318369229
It's shitposting and an irrelevant question.

Fallout 4 is a game that came out this year, so it's current. That is why people are lively in discussing it.

MM is a game that came out in 2000. If you just wanted a thread about MM why not make one without the weird comparison to Fallout 4? They're different fucking games to boot, and do different things. It's just weird and yes it's autistic.
>>
>>318368282
MM's overworld is vastly smaller, and you spend almost no real time in it. The dungeons and areas are about the same. You do something for the area, usually a small thing, and go to the dungeon. One you have a to do a little infiltration side-quest, one you have to punch some snowballs, one you have a fetch quest, the other has a little trade sequence that requires backtracking and running around.

As for MM, most of the game is about interacting with the NPCs and their stories and lives to get their mask. All of it is optional though, you can just go through the game and finish it out right if you really want. If you know what you're doing, you can do the first two dungeons in one cycle before you ever have to time-travel backwards.
>>
>>318369249
A majority of the time the bats are sedentary so that arguement doesn't work.

If they are moving, it is easy as sin just to shoot them with the bow with auto target or use your shield and hit them once they impact.

>Is only usable by Adult link.

You are wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqvABbw6Occ

>IIRC in the well in Kakariko village
The Well is far past when you are able to get a hylian shield.
>>
>>318369270
What did you find tedious about MM's sidequests? Honestly curious because a majority of them aren't fetch quests.

Only bad one is the Gidbo well thing. That is super tedious.
>>
File: 1430444490206.jpg (133 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1430444490206.jpg
133 KB, 728x636
>>318364269
ZELDAFAGS

BTFO
TFO
FO
O
>>
>>318369567
The fact the they largely consist of going to a place and waiting for a particular time and then hoping that shit works out in a way that allows you to progress. It does have a number of really clever quests, but the major one that everyoen fawns over is spectacularly overrated, despite the way it's integrated into the world is fantastic.
>>
>spending more than 20 hours on a Zelda game

20 hours is more than enough to 100% the bitch. Hell, you could turn into adult Link in OoT in about 2 hours
>>
>>318369880
>but the major one that everyoen fawns over is spectacularly overrated

In what way?
>>
>>318369908
on a first run 5 hours is more likely. But more than 20 hours on OoT is indeed really slow.
>>
>>318369508

Yeah it can sit on your back but you can't use it aside turning so enemies hit your back.

So sometimes I'd swap back to Deku with other enemies then a fucking bat would swoop down burning it.

And no the fuckers fly around in circles up above, they rarely sat still.

>>318369154

What I am saying is they should be fun without the gimmick. Like the overworld is.

It's like they just got lazy with every other aspect thinking the gimmick mechanic would pull them through and make it fun again.

Why also plan to make gimmick based levels, instead of situation use levels where you need to swap back to things you got aged ago because you found a use now?

>>318369415

>smaller

Good. I hate this obsession with big level. Most of the time it means lots of empty space and travelling. Dense levels are what people should want.

MM sounds alright I might give it a go later on down the line. It was the one that made me interested in Zelda in the first place as well so I should play it.
>>
>>318370036
how is the over-world fun
>>
>>318370036
>Yeah it can sit on your back but you can't use it aside turning so enemies hit your back.

You literally don't know what you're talking about.

Not only did you just claim YL couldn't use the Hylain shield, and now you're acting like you know the mechanics of something you've never used. Outside of elemental attacks (being sprayed by fire), you CANNOT be hurt using the hylian shield as young link. Stop spewing your idiocy.

>And no the fuckers fly around in circles up above, they rarely sat still.
Confirmed for cherry picking. Play the game again.The times they fly in circles it is spectacularly easy to run past them.

>Why also plan to make gimmick based levels, instead of situation use levels where you need to swap back to things you got aged ago because you found a use now?
You and I are not on the same page, because Zelda does exactly that constantly. Only exception in OoT are the boots which are one-time use items.

Again, the gimmick is WHAT makes the level fun. It's literally impossible to take the gimmick out and have the levels be different.

Every game nowadays has its own gimmick, what makes it unique. Take it away and you just have a bunch of samey games. Or are you convinced that each dungeon just being hallways filled with enemies would be fun 4 times in a row?
>>
>>318369932
I've already explained, it mostly consists of waiting around where characters say you should in order to get progress or information. It mostly consists of trial and error, with most of the process of figuring it out or performing it being fairly dull. Having said that, I will say again that the way it's integrated into the world, relates together a multitude of characters and interacts with other quest lines is utterly spectacular, it's just the actual main quest line is a bunch of bullshit and most of the crazy amount of clever details have little impact on the process of actually executing it. Even though I'd like to praise its very final scene, the dialogue there is honestly sub-par in a way that reduces its impact. I feel similarly about MM as a whole, tons of brilliant details, but an absolute slog much of the time.
>>
>>318370580
Did you ever use the song of double time? Makes waiting far less tedious.
>>
>>318365462
wind waker also had pretty bad dungeons, and little of anything to do on the side that was worthwhile.
>>
>>318369908
100% TP on a first run and tell me you wont be over 30 hours at least.
>>
>>318370738
WW is probably the only Zelda game that really doesn't hold up playing it again, though the atmosphere is hard to replicate. It's frustrating, because it clearly wasn't finished.
>>
>>318370295

Better level design, more open level design, not being in a little linear room with doors everywhere and stupid find waldo tier puzzles.

Better atmosphere too.

>>318370448

Are you meaning when you press the shield button and he ducks down? I don't think that deflects shots though so you need Deku shield sometimes.

Also I am still correct. Young link cannot use Hylian shield. Having it on your back is not using it, ducking down is not using it. Holding it in your hand in front of you is using it. Only adult link can do this.

Yes you can technically "use" it because the mechanics allow but this is not what I meant. IIRC when enemies shoot things at you they go over the top of you if you duck with YL.

>cherry picking about bats

How long are you going to go on defending these shit enemies. Have you never played a game before and just thought a certain enemy type just wasn't fun to fight against. That is bats, it's not, fucking, fun, at all. It's tedious, annoying, slow, wastes my time.

>J-just ran past

I do when I can. I already stated this, but some areas you need to fight them if you don't want to be swooped. I am not a fucking speedrunner doing my 59th playthrough, so it is possible I killed more bats than was absolutely necessary and this is not "playing the game wrong" because it's a first fucking playthough.

>dungeons

I am saying they should be fun without the gimmick too. They rely way to much on the gimmick. Yeah'd they'd be garbage to play without the gimmick is what I am saying.
>>
>>318363929
Why does /v/ always like the worst game in a series?
>>
>>318370665
Yes, and I uses the granny's storytime. The doesn't make the quest interesting, as you're still fetching stuff, following characters around you've been told to and waiting for others to show up.

Like I said, that way it's integrated into the world is really clever, especially it affects or is affected by other quest lines or you can get info from hidden cutscenes about the characters, but on a fundamental level working the quest out isn't all that interesting (given most of it is fundamentally trial and error) and others are much more clever (i.e. getting into the knife room and the ??? hand are much shorter, but far more clever quests because they involve you doing something novel).
>>
File: im out.gif (498 KB, 200x179) Image search: [Google]
im out.gif
498 KB, 200x179
>>318371196
>Also I am still correct. Young link cannot use Hylian shield. Having it on your back is not using it, ducking down is not using it. Holding it in your hand in front of you is using it. Only adult link can do this.

Holy shit, I'm done. This isn't worth my time.

Like seriously dude, accept that you just didn't play right. I'm going to bed.

You don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>318371326
I'd rather have a MM thread than a wind waker thread.

If you guys want to talk about overrated zelda games, at least talk about the painfully unifinished, press a to win, ocean simulator
>>
>>318371415

Semantics. Fuck off. Having a shield on your back is not using it. Ducking is not using a shield, it's ducking.

This is what I meant by Hylian shield is only usable by adult link.

Can you deflect with YL and the Hylian shield? No.

And don't reply to me because I didn't come to this thread to argue about OoT but to ask if MM and WW were the same shit and I got my answer already.
>>
>>318363929
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Pswl4ySJ8
having a REAL terrific time mate.
>>
>>318371415
He's not wrong. Only a dumb faggot uses Hylian shield instead of the Deku shield except on Death Mountain.
>>
>>318363929
Why do you care about what I do in my spare time?
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.