[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why aren't you playing path of exile /v/? >dat skill tree doe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 9
File: holycrap.jpg (63 KB, 530x287) Image search: [Google]
holycrap.jpg
63 KB, 530x287
why aren't you playing path of exile /v/?
>dat skill tree doe
>>
I am, its fun for an ARPG. What d3 should have been. I do like d3 too though but it has a much shallower end game since there is little build diversity and itemization.

Thats why poe is better, but sadly it has engine issues.
>>
>>318355012
agreed 100 percent
>>
>>318355082
Cool, well before I get caught up shitposting on /v/ Im going to log and play some poe.

Good luck with your drops!
>>
I tried, i really did.
A combination of the UI, getting overwhelmed by OP picture, and not being given clear indications whatsoever made me drop right after the first shore zone, in the camp. Couldn't make it.
>>
>>318354797

>the entirety of the tree is +-X to [STAT]
>no interesting mechanics or skills added

Its shit
>>
For some reason the camera really irritates me, or at least it did back in the beta. Would be far better if they panned it down a little bit to give a wider view. Granted I'm probably just too used to D2.
>>
>>318354797

It's fun till you get to the point where the only thing that will actually advance your character is 5-6L and they are overpriced as fuck so you are stuck grinding in the hopes of getting one item that you need or something that will actually sell.
>>
because i dont like clay graphics and desync
>>
>>318354797
i fell like most of the skill tree talents are fillers
>>
>>318355404
It takes the most planning of any ARPG I've ever played, but there are always super easy beginner builds on the forums to get you started.

>>318355421
>what are keystones
The gem system alone gives it the most skill options I've ever seen, even if most of them are trash.

>>318355512
This is probably the truest complaint. That and the fact that HC/standard leagues are absolute monstrosities to play in and they stagger the 3 month leagues too much to keep me playing continually rather than just 2 or so months at a time.
>>
>>318355421
>no interesting mechanics
Come on, there is tons of them.
>>
>>318355667
Sure, there may be guides, but they're wasted if the game doesn't catch on you. Sure, if i actually wanted to lay my head down and look for a guide to figure it out i could've, but i felt no push from the game itself to let me play it. Not sure if the concept is clear, engrish is tough.
>>
>>318355404
I started out following other people's builds religiously. I still use them, 200 hours later, but I'm more confident in trying out my own builds now.
>>
File: 1448789923858.gif (3 MB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1448789923858.gif
3 MB, 426x426
>>318354797
I stopped because they nerfed my old bloodrage+aoe blinkstrike build into the ground when they fixed the only thing holding it back which was shitty desync problems.

Now the builds are boring as fuck and you might as well just Cyclone to victory.
>>
>>318355951
Fair enough. I'd compare it a bit to EVE, if definitely not as hardcore. Unless you're just naturally a whiz at planning numbers and stuff and know the options ahead of you, you'll get fucked pretty hard around the time cruel difficulty rolls around.

>>318356017
Cyclone is probably gonna' get nerfed hard come the next expansion in about a week or so. I'd be amazed if they didn't nerf the best build like they always have to do. Fucking GGG.
>>
>>318354797
Because always online, shitty sphere grid, classes being nothing but your starting place on said shitty sphere grid, and also Grim Dawn is more fun.
>>
>>318356308
Starting spot is a key point to the entire stat system, and it determines what builds you are able to make with that particular class.
That having been said, it mostly devolves to "Does this make me survive better?"
It's a decent loot runner nevertheless.
>>
I did for a while after it came out. D3 is just more fun to play, and ot "feels" good to play.

I really dislike the combat in PoE, and thats the thing you do the most
>>
>>318355404
this senpai
>>
>>318354797
Character building and loot grinding in the absence of gameplay is not fun. Fuck you.
>>
>>318357137
I can respect you not liking PoE, but D3 feels fucking garbage in comparison to it. D3 is the shallowest, least fun mess of an ARPG I've ever put my hands on.

>>318357202
Not sure this is the genre for you then.
>>
>>318357290
>its shallow

It FEELS good to play you daft cunt, that was my point. PoE's combat feels like shit
>>
>>318357290
he's talking about how much better the combat is in d3 because its literally 1 level above complete trash in poe
>>
File: 1.jpg (46 KB, 672x434) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
46 KB, 672x434
PoE is neat and all, but I'm really looking forward to Devilian. Played some of the closed beta events and dear god that game feels amazing.
>>
>>318357290
It WAS the genre for me until D2 took a giant shit on it.
>>
The game now forces you to play one way only using 5 distinct primary abilities, these being the best of their 50 copies available that suck total assdick.
I've spent so long chilling on /vg/ and reddit but the fucking INGAME information available to everyone. The armory page or whatever that just lists Every single bit of information about every single player and what they have in their inventory and stashes at all times makes it so that hardcore faggots get a SMS in the middle of the night so they can go scam someone of their item and craftfuck it and sell it for mirrors.
1% rules that entire fucking market which used to be the only thing you could use to gear up. Good fucking luck doing that now.
>>
I'm not playing it because the next league doesn't start for some two weeks, and I really didn't care for dankshrines.
>>
>>318354797
Because of that retarded skill tree.

>making +[x] points a skill you can pick

seriously, what kind of fucking retard designed this shit.
>>
I can only enjoy ARPGs until I get to the part where it becomes a stupid grind where either you use meta approved build #12 or take 20 minutes to kill a single enemy and barely survive
>>
>>318357794
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_CFq2uMurM

takes some 'luck' though
>>
the actual gameplay feels like cardboard

everything from the sound design to the animation feels shoddy and none of the skills feel satisfying to make a build around.

at least D3 is fun now, the most fun you have with PoE is finally making a build work and then realize that it's not worth playing anyways
>>
For me, I feel like Torchlight 2 hit a better sweet spot for build complexity, item complexity, and gameplay feel, along with not being online only.
Torchlight 2 unfortunately suffered a repetitiveness problem (which poe also suffers from), and more 'ideal' builds, but it's still my favorite of the big 3, and I'm excited for when they finally come back to TL3 given how much of a massive improvement 2 was to 1.
>>
>>318354797
Because I'm waiting for the Ascendancy expansion first
>>
>>318357556
Devilian died in KR so they threw a bone to shit tier publisher Trion, good luck friend.
>>
>>318355567
desync is gone if you live in a first world country. It's not fixed, it is GONE.

Quit being a poor fag and you won't get clay graphics
>>
>>318359110
Yeah. Here's hoping I get some fun out of it before it gets run into the ground.
>>
>>318354797
You mean stat tree? Everything on there is just a stat increase.
>>
File: MFW blitzkrieg.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
MFW blitzkrieg.webm
2 MB, 800x450
summoner bros how we feel about the necromancer tree?

comfy as fuck behind my wall of rape
>>
>>318354797
Because I think spells/skills being tied to gems in your gear is fucking stupid
>>
>look at this massive SKILL TREE
>it's just passive bonuses
>>
>>318354797
waiting for new league

also:

>We're proud to announce that Path of Exile will be released in Brazil on December 11

shieeet
>>
>>318360256
>tfw originially thought it was a cool idea until I realized that you only ever find the same 10 gems and anything cool is a 1 in a million chance to find
>>
>>318360256
>spells/skills being tied to gems in your gear is fucking stupid

are you really discounting it over the lore of the game? Do you even play on hardcore?
>>
I recently got into D3 again and I keep being convinced it's the No1 podcast listening game. I don't need no 89129 passive upgrades
>>
>>318360256
Grim Dawn has a really good balance between having these like one-off skills tied to items and having a skill tree.
>>
>>318360464
>it's the No1 podcast listening game

My nigga, D3 is my go-to mindless background noise/podcast listening game

POE and Grim Dawn are far better as actual games though
>>
>>318359351
no computer setup would fix their clay-like graphics.
>>
>>318359423

Have you never played the game?
>>
>>318354797
>It's all passives
Seriously though it's cool as fuck.
>>
Is this the only good game to come from New Zealand
>>
>>318360436
>play on hardcore
>disconnect script bound to button on mouse anytime something starts to go wrong
>>
it's too hardcore for me

also without perma death it's boring but the gameplay is so mindless when you're leveling that I end up doing something stupid and dying around level 50 anyway
>>
>>318361336
A long time ago. I remember it being almost all stats increases with a skill or 2 far in the other class sections.
>>
it's a shame the actual game fucking sucks
>>
>>318360256

This. It makes every character incredibly equipment dependent, and changing equipment is so much more difficult because you have to have the right sockets.
>>
>>318360379
You can buy most of the gems now from the trader.
It's much easier now to get your build set up.
>>
>>318362179

You know you can reroll sockets on everything, right?
>>
>>318362665

Yes, but that means that you have to set up sockets every time you get a better piece of gear. It is a huge pain in the ass if you aren't loaded, or if you don't have really good equipment that doesn't need to be replaced. The Diablo 2 system is just so much better.
>>
>>318362665
yeah, you can blow a dozen of your valuble orbs hoping RNG gives you the exact slots you need, or you can hope you find them on a drop.

or you can just play a game where they have a system that doesn't work like that
>>
>>318355421
Keystones? Gem system? Did you even play the game?
>>
>>318362798

>It is a huge pain in the ass if you aren't loaded

It really isn't. Rerolling usable gear will be within anybody's budget simply through normal play. The game will never stop you from playing the build you want successfully.

Five and six links are not mandatory.

>>318363037

You know you can pay a dedicated amount to get what you want from the masters, right? You can even use a free calculator to see which route might be cheapest.

You can successfully run any build with 4Ls, they're cheap to deal with and the one 5L/6L you're gonna want gives you something to look for.
>>
i dont like the skill tree

i prefer skill trees that allow me to unlock abilities and spells rather than give me curative stats
the passives are fine
>>
What about Grim Dawn?

>By the Titan Quest devs
>An actual kickstarter game that was a success
>Early access since 2013, chapter 4 and Devotion system just released
>Dual Class System, Faction-Based Questing , Recipe-Based Crafting, Destructible Environment, Dynamic Weather, Modding Tools, A Hand-Crafted World, not a shitty randomized one,
>>
>>318364192

>By the Titan Quest devs
>An actual kickstarter game that was a success
>Dual Class System, Faction-Based Questing , Recipe-Based Crafting, Destructible Environment, Dynamic Weather, Modding Tools, A Hand-Crafted World, not a shitty randomized one,

These are negatives, as far as I'm concerned. I play these games for the loot farming.
>>
>>318364192
tried it
bought it

i really wish they deviated far from titan quest

if i wanted titan quest id go play fucking titan quest
>>
Multistrike flicker best build
>>
File: Grape man.jpg (54 KB, 1902x900) Image search: [Google]
Grape man.jpg
54 KB, 1902x900
The game is pretty good over all but god the animations are terrible
>>
File: THE SCREAMING ONE.jpg (59 KB, 575x467) Image search: [Google]
THE SCREAMING ONE.jpg
59 KB, 575x467
>>318362179
>incredibly equipment dependent

Are you fucking aware of what type of game you are playing you retarded fucking Mongolian sweet jesus fucking christ i've never seen a post so stupid

holy fucking shit nice bait I actually fucking fell for it 10 out of 10

but if you could please kill yourself
>>
>>318364192
I tried to like it but it just feels so dry
>>
I have about 2000 hours in PoE and at least 200 hours in each of the following games I'm about to rank.

PoE > D2 > Current D3 = Grim Dawn > Torchlight 2 > Old D3

PoE has quirks that can turn away people though. The first one is desync but this has mostly been fixed with the new networking mode. The second is that it doesn't instantly give you that feeling of fast paced fluid combat that D3 starts you out with, however it just scales the pacing towards this combat differently. It starts off a bit slower but sort of rewards you with incredible combat later in the game. The end game combat feels much better than combat in any other arpg in my opinion. PoE sort of has this tipping point about 20 hours into it where you finally start to see the appeal and complexity of the gem linking system combined with the details of the skill tree where you really get hooked into the game. I'm not using the hurr durr it's only good after 20 hours argument, but it's easy to convince yourself that you would rather play other games before PoE really kicks off for you. The end game in general is just amazingly done now. It feels really good to get a hardcore character into the lv90+ range and grind on maps and do atziri runs, etc.
>>
>>318365136

>The second is that it doesn't instantly give you that feeling of fast paced fluid combat that D3 starts you out with

Going from WW in D3 to Cyclone in PoE was so thoroughly disappointing. The game feels sticky and unresponsive in comparison.
>>
>>318355404

sure it can be overwhelming but honestly do you think it won't get easier as you play? obviously at first its going to be daunting but part of the fun is learning and building your first character (which will suck) this game doesn't spoonfeed you but its well worth it to keep playing. it is the best arpg ive played hands down and one of the few games that keeps my attention.
>>
I played for awhile. I got to chapter 4 or so of the campaign? I'm just lost as to what the end goal of it is. I was confused as to what the end game content consisted of at the time so I just dropped it
>>
Best summoner horde in any vidya ever.
It took D2's Necro to its logical conclusion and then found more.
>>
>>318365619
when I played I used the exploding minions thing, whats the most popular summoner stuff?
>>
>>318365136
>current d3
did the new loot system really save that game for some people

i mean
i found it really rewarding to the point that its encouraging to grind it out
but the game still plays like ass
>>
>>318365654
Exploding minions will always be a thing, just incredibly useful. Last I knew the minion count was approaching 40 between zombies, skeletons, spirits, guardian, weapons, and totems. Probably even more by now. That's the main thing if it.
The real strategy lies within Summon Spirit and grabbing the best enemies to complement the non-minion part of your build.
>>
>>318365982
I remember being annoyed about skeletons expiring fast

iirc most stuff in this game revolves around having item sets, right?
>>
>find totem that encourages multiple totem based play
>you can only summon one totem at once unless you build to a skill the completely gimps you from everything but gimmick totem builds
>>
>>318354797
no fucking pants on the warrior dude
>>
I really, really like Path of Exile. Like, 2000~ hours clocked in it. 2844 according to steam, but at least 1/4 of that is probably running in the background.

But I'm on a break right now. I played a fuckton up to an after Awakening, and had a good time through the last league. I sat out this past Darkshrine league, and probably will miss the Talisman league.

I made some solid currency during Flashback and Warbands, but it's not worth coming back until they iron out the nerfs to Poison Arrow, since I sunk a ton into that build and don't want to trash it right now.
>>
>>318366452
Oh, also:

Show me a picture of your currency stash.

You know you want to.
>>
>>318354797
Bored of the genre unfortunately. I would play this one if I was going to play a game like it though. What is this genre called again? Top down isometric arpg? Loot game?
>>
I am, currently trying to decide what build to go in the new 3 month league, managed to get to 86 in tempest, hoping to get a HC character to 90 this time around.

It's easily the best game in the genre, and I believe anyone would have fun with it, but it requires time and a bit of patience, it almost reminds me of games like the first witcher, or the first stalker, in that they are just a bit too rough for some people to deal with, and so most people never play for long enough to really understand anything about the game.
>>
>>318366229
Nah, PoE doesnt even have set pieces. The devs were against how much tunnel vision set bonuses cause.
There are some important pieces of gear but most of the focus lies within the gem builds.
>>
>>318366583
ARPG is the normally accepted term, but it's kind of generic.

Hack-and-Slash makes sense.
>>
>>318366583
"loot game" covers a wider genre

even borderlands fall into this category
>>
>>318366609
I really love PoE's concept of "unique" items that are not remotely the best things you can get. It's a bit counter-intuitive at first, because you see the special item color and rarity and assume they'll be the best possible.

But the fact that so many of them are just vendor trash is disheartening.
>>
>>318366583

ARPG, or hack n slash dungeon crawler are quite common.
>>
>>318364192
>By the Titan Quest devs
>Early access

That's NOT something to be proud of, you dumb fuck
>>
>>318366854
Except Titan Quest is fucking awesome, and Grim Dawn is already out and fully playable.

Only issue is it's kinda content-light so far. Not remotely as long as Titan Quest.
>>
>>318366732

How i've heard GGG describe the unique system is that uniques aren't required to be super powerful, in general they are meant to be build enabling, they are designed to allow certain combinations of skill gems + skill tree to exist, as a result of course some uniques become best in slot for many builds, but I dont think theres ever been even 1 successful build where more than 50% of gear had been uniques, and there are usually big trade offs if you want more than 2-3, namely the lack of resists most uniques give.
>>
I play poe.

Got a lvl 91 EA Scion in darkshrine sc

Only complaint I have is performance issues for low end pcs.

Also reddit infested global channel but thats easily avoidable.
>>
>>318367012
Yeah, they uniques are all designed for a specific purpose, usually around a kind of "theme" for the item, though that doesn't mean it will be useful at all. 90% of all uniques are vendor trash, and only a very small selection of them are worth anything at all, and even less than that are worth an actual amount of currency worth trading for.

Just remember, not ALL uniques are designed by GG. Some are bought by supporters, and as such exist for no reason other than to waste people's time. See: Cameria's Maul.

>but I dont think theres ever been even 1 successful build where more than 50% of gear had been uniques
I can think of a few. Soul Taker Phys Crit Cyclone off the top of my head.
>>
>>318366452
PA is pretty strong right now bro. Get a +3 bow with lvl 4 empower and you're good to go.
>>
>>318367061
>Also reddit infested global channel but thats easily avoidable.

Taboo topic inc: /5055 channel is legitimately the only global channel worth being in if you actually want to talk about the game and not be drowned in spam. It's the best source of information and assistance in the game.

Also, the only actual discussion on the game happens on the subreddit. I wish it weren't that way, but it is.
>>
>>318354797
no because Grim Dawn is much better
>>
>>318367354
I've already got a full PA MF build.

I'm just sitting around waiting for the inevitable nerf once they change the name.
>>
>>318354797
Want to play but forcing myself to wait for the start of Talismans.

Grim Dawn is good too, but not as good as PoE. Plus PoE is free.

I've played a lot of D3 so I'd be lying if I outright said I hated it, but it's much worse than PoE and has no depth. Blizzard always removes the depth from their games because they say it's not "fun."
>>
>>318367360
Holy shit fuck off cancer
>>
>>318364192
>By the Titan Quest devs

But Titan Quest was even more clunky and boring than Path of Exile.
>>
the combat in d3 is just so much better and that's all that matters to me in arpg.

>muh build depth

sure thing buddy.
>>
waiting for that big ass update and i want new skills, cyclone and incinerate are boring as fuck.
>>
>>318366963
see
>>318367520
>>
>>318367530

I don't get why people like you suck D3's dick when it comes to combat, It's not really that great. I had more fun with D2's.
>>
>>318367583
I disagree.

I enjoy Path of Exile and TitanQuest and Grim Dawn. I don't find any more clunky than any other.
>>
>>318367530
>the combat in d3 is so much better
Yeah sure was fun rolling a barb this season in Hardcore and never letting go of my right mouse button once because you zip around the map with cyclone with pinpoint movement and never die.

Blizzard even gave me a trait to keep me from actually dying whenever I died in Hardcore! Thanks Blizzard.
>>
>>318354797
this game needs better combat

the mechanics are all great, but the simplistic combat is dragging it all down
>>
File: 2015-10-18_00001.jpg (531 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-18_00001.jpg
531 KB, 1920x1080
Who FREE MTX here?
>>
>>318367579
Seems like many people are waiting for new content.
I have about 400 hours played and im waiting aswell.
>>
because trading in this game is cancer. jews are fucking everywhere
>>
>>318367754
What part of this genre has ever had combat consisting of more than "Click enemy to attack"?

Why would you change that?
>>
>>318367773
Only 4L Explosive Arrow?
>>
>>318367710

Titan's Quest's combat is much slower and clunkier than PoE. I have never played Grim Dawn tho cuz I don't buy into early access shit.
>>
>>318367815
Serious question here

When you say "jew", are you implying that there are a ton of people trying to rip you off by overpricing or undercutting?

Because what exactly would an economy be without that? People just trading everything to eachother nicely for pre-set prices that never change and no one ever tries to profit?
>>
>>318367904

had a 6s that i was trying to at least 5 link, but never happened, hit 85 and got the free MTX set for that league.

then rolled another character.
>>
>>318368026
I got to 91 and didnt get shit. Fuck
>>
All my friends left the game after 2 weeks back in domination league. I got burnt out after the awakening. Never bother with trading in this game, the playerbase is vile and the trade system relies on people using third party sites, constantly asking others for new prices of on things and doing your best to cheat someone out of their currency. I have an eternal orb sitting in my stash that will stay there til the servers die simply cause I don't want to bother with trading it.

Talisman looks like a bore despite the new skills, gonna wait til ascendancy.
>>
>>318367981

not OP but its the little things that forces the term jew i guess

end game in POE is mapping, a system where you only get 6 portals into a high level zone. If you're in a map, and have to leave, you lose 1 portal that you could have used to haul loot out of.

Most asshole traders get you to leave the map, saying they'll pay your prices, then when you actually meet them person to person, they try to haggle, wasting your time, and more importantly, a portal slot for your late game maps.

its shit like that, that makes the trading community shit.
>>
>>318367815
Bartering is the best part of these games after hc ladder climbing

Seriously fuck diablo 3 for removing trade
>>
>>318354797
I use to play Exile the wrong way until the speed run leagues opened and then...
>Finish all acts in 15 minutes

Your not suppose to grind in each area at all. Just run through everything.
>>
>>318368259
Wow.

Your gripe with the game is that you're too much of a retard to do your haggling BEFORE you leave your map portal?

Why the fuck are you acting like you have a reason to leave before you've agreed on a price? You don't have to fucking be right in front of the person to negotiate with them you fucking idiot.

I've done a shitload of high-currency trading and I've never once had that issue.

Also, what the fuck loot do you need so badly that you need portals to carry it back? The only thing you should be bringing is MAYBE rings and amulets for the Regal recipe, and unqiues and maps. Everything else is a waste of time.
>>
>>318359110
according to the articles about that it's because their korean publisher wanted to go full mobile gaming and maximum cash shop jewing and the developers of the game weren't interested in working with them anymore (supposedly looking for a new publisher to reinstate the game in Korea).

All their other versions are still functioning. I don't know how much of this is actually fact or just damage control though.
>>
>>318354797

Because im having more fun playing my occultist/shaman summoner in Grim Dawn right now.

Might reroll for a summoner on the new league on 11th december or whenever it starts.
>>
>>318357137
>>318357290
Yes, D3 is shallow as hell in comparison.
But I've tried playing PoE, multiple times and I've never made it past a few hours of playing.

It just isn't fun. It's slow and sluggish and boring.
And I consider myself a big fan of this genre. I have hundreds of hours sunk into D2, I enjoyed D3 for what it was, I played Torchlight and its sequel and Titan Quest despite thinking TQ was kind of boring too, but I cannot for the life of me get into PoE.
>>
>>318368673
Its slow as fuck in the beginning but once you reach level 38+ things get more interesting once you linked your main skill and picked some key passives for your build
>>
>>318368673
Every ARPG is like that for the first several hours you fucking idiot. PoE picks up once you get support gems and decent skills.
>>
I only play for 2-4 weeks during the start of the 3 month leagues.

Still one of the best games out there I've just played the shit out of it though.
>>
>>318368673

This is a really common problem, the only solution is unfortunately to play longer, the amount of time spent at the start decreases the more you play as well, it might take new players 4-6 hours to get to act 3 where the combat starts to becomes a lot more fun, whereas for me it takes about an hour.

Theres no denying that acts 1+2 on normal are a fucking slog though, i love PoE but theres no point denying it.
>>
>>318354797
While I do love the shit out of games with a wide variety of choices in how I play (this one does one off of a job in this aspect) this only makes me wish for an online rpg that wasn't an over head camera style. Really haven't been able to enjoy one since diablo 2 games like these seem dated to me.

I want to see someone put this level of customization into a more 3d environment like darksouls/bloodborne
>>
>>318369281
And here's the autist with the usual "THIS GAEM IS GUD BUT IT SHULD B LIKE DARK SUOLS" post.
>>
>>318369050
I've put like, 2500 hours into PoE.

But holy fuck do I dread having to make new characters. I hate it. I hate the 3 difficulties. I hate doing the same acts over and over. I hate it. I could easily level through Merc and into maps in one day if I didn't always have to fucking stop and wait because I can't bear to repeat the same sections over and over.
>>
>>318369050
>>318369882

The whole early levels are a slog. You move slow, you attack slow, and your cast speeds are slow. And because of that you notice the animations are not that good. The game only really picks up the pace at around level 40+ and for some builds even 60+
>>
Because I don't like spreadsheets simulators.

Also because it turns me off to see people complain that this game in the genre has shit for gameplay while this one has perfect gameplay when they actually play the exact same. To the point you will see the exact same attacks and tactics from one game to the next, yet people will criticize D3 and play PoE when doing the same in both.
>>
>>318372316

That weird feel when D3 is actually decent now, even with the problems it has.
>>
>>318354797
Act 4 cruel
>>
File: 1347133969243.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1880) Image search: [Google]
1347133969243.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1880
I started playing it with my friend but after a few hours of gameplay he said "I'm just not interested in killing skeletons to grind for skills that let me kill more skeletons man."

Haven't played since.
>>
>>318373229
this why you play hardcore
>>
>>318372316

You've got it backwards, people criticize poe for its bland combat, and praise D3 for its fluid combat, while its the opposite for pretty much everything else.
>>
because hack and slash games are shit.
>>
It's boring as fuck. Genre peaked at Diablo 2.
>>
I've played it for 2 weeks when the flashback league event was on.
There is a really stupid reason I don't want to continue anymore. It's fucking storage tabs. 4 is not enough and I'm not going to spend actual money on this shit. It's like 20$ for 6 tabs.
>>
>>318373229

Your friend might be one of them. No other reason to not want to kill skeletons except if you are one yourself.
>>
>>318373960
Holy shit you're kinda right. He's like 135lbs 5'9".
>>
>>318373229
That's ARPGs that aren't Diablo 1 in a nutshell.

Your friend is right.
>>
>>318373229
Dirty skeleton enabler.
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.