[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how much am I gonna regret this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17
File: fo4.jpg (39 KB, 486x652) Image search: [Google]
fo4.jpg
39 KB, 486x652
So how much am I gonna regret this?
>>
you're probably not, as long as you're not expecting something that isn't fallout
>>
Depends on how many problems you run into.

For example I have to alt tab into the game after launching it or it will crash.
>>
Only that you're spending 60$ instead of 20$ on the GOTY edition with all the modder fixes
>>
Not much, it's easily a 7 or 8/10 game.

More of an FPS than and RPG now, though. Be sure to get the mod that shows what you're going to say before you say it though.
>>
File: Jack-Sparrow-340x233.jpg (17 KB, 340x233) Image search: [Google]
Jack-Sparrow-340x233.jpg
17 KB, 340x233
>he didn't pirate it before
You're gonna regret that one mate.
>>
Since you didnt wait for it to go on sale it tells me you wanted to play it.

So dont think you're gonna be let down.
>>
>>318353475
On a scale from 1-10? An 11.
>>
>>318353831

This.

The overworld is leagues better than 3 and NV combined, and I'm having a blast exploring it.

VATS is next to useless, as gunplay is fixed, and all RPG elements have been pooped all over. No more skills, only perks, and that's your end-game. No level cap, so you can just keep pouring points into perks, as well as adding points straight into your SPECIAL, but it's only one point per level.

Speech options are somehow worse than FO3, as you can just F5 -> Reload until the NPC finally gives up.

If the Obsidian e-mail rumor turns out to be true, I'll be incredibly happy with that end product.
>>
>>318353475
You're probably not, unless you actually take anything shitposters on /v/ say seriously. I don't even think this is the best fallout game and I've still gotten way more than 60$ worth out of it.
>>
>>318353475
If you're expecting a fallout RPG, immensely.

If you're expecting a shooter in a fallout setting, you won't regret it that much.
>>
>>318353475
Pure shit, refund your money and get Witcher Trilogy instead
>>
The game itself might not worth the 60 dollars price tag, as compare to previous Fallout title Fallout 4 seems to be little bit short on content or depth.
But the modding community will keep adding stuffs to the game, and this is where the game truly shine. This is why fallout 4 is a good buy, despite all the bugs and non-sense you'll encounter in the game, because the game hardly depreciate.
>>
>>318353475
It all depends.
I preordered it + season pass for $40 as a promo. The performance is absolutely terrible.
I get 60fps on highest settings but there's half a second of input lag, I have to turn the settings down to medium and 720p in order to get smooth mouse movement.
The combat is great, the animations are marginally better than previous bethesda games, but not amazing (with the exception of those ghouls, goddamn those are awesome).
The graphics too are marginally better but nothing amazing.
The infinite repeating quests are a bore and aggravate those who want to clear out their quest list because they literally loop and never go away.
The main quest shoves your character's story down your throat, I would have thought they'd learn from alternate start mods that some people just want to play as psycho raiders.
The whole settlement and building shit is incredibly out of place and does not really work well with the controls given.
I don't like the idea of player homes in these sorts of open world games because it makes the gameplay go like:
>explore
>loot until full
>fast travel home
>dump everything and upgrade gear
>head back out
Which bothers me to no end because the whole point of fallout is to explore and wander and deal with the fact that you can't carry everything.
Fast travel and a home essentially just means that the game has given you an infinitely large but incredible cumbersome backpack.
Also 30 hours in my game won't stop crashing when I try to do quests, so basically I'm stuck in this waiting period for optimization and bugfixes.
>>
easily 50 hours of enjoyment at least, as long as you go into it expecting it to be Bethesda Quality.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
>>318354274
W-what email?
>>
Bethesda is great at creating environments, atmosphere, a world.

They fucking suck at nearly everything else
>>
The fact that you even bought it, or thought about buying it in the first place, means you're probably retarded enough to enjoy it.
>>
>>318354274
I like VATS in my full perception / luck build
the crit system is incredibly strong if you min/max it well
>>
You probably won't. It's fun.
>>
I hope you don't have AMD or your game is going to crash every time you start it up
>>
>>318354462
I agree on the depth part, but I would say Fallout 4 easily has the most content of the 3D fallouts. The world feels full of things to do and feels huge.
I think Fallout 4 did open world right, hardly ever felt like the world was empty.
>>
>>318354580
If it's what I think he's talking about it's an incredibly obvious fake with some employee of Obsidian making fun of FO4 and maybe saying they were making a new FO game. I don't remember much of it right now though.
>>
>>318354743
>FO4
>builds
>>
>>318354820

Yeah, it's that.
Even searching 'obsidian email leak' leads you to

>>317824371

I'd skimmed it while at work, but didn't have time to read any follow-ups. A man can dream.
>>
Imagine you have a kid, and he seems a bit different, like at young ages he hangs out with girls instead of boys, and then older he exclusively hangs out with boys. He talks and walks different, and acts a lot more aloof.
You knew this day would come assuming he could muster the confidence, and one day during supper he says he has something to tell you, you calmly put down your knife and fork and give him your attention
and then he tells you, "Dad, I like anal vore"
That's my review of Fallout 4. You knew it was going to be bad, but you still weren't prepared
>>
File: Capture.png (111 KB, 1920x317) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
111 KB, 1920x317
How much am I gonna regret this?
>>
Anyone know the best mods for FO4 atm?
>>
>>318353475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Pswl4ySJ8
this is why you are going to regret this.
>>
>already purchased
>didn't pirate it before he played it
I don't know what you're expecting from the game, and I don't know if you're a normalslime.

If you are expecting Fallout, even on the level of Fallout 3, you will be wildly disappointed.

If you are a normalslime, you will love it.
>>
It's fun

I played about 40 hours in aweek before getting tired of it
>>
>>318353475
It's the best bethesda game since morrowind so there is that.
>>
>>318354930
I like how it doesn't tell you to read up until you get to the bottom
>>
>>318355101
i'm glad someone else thinks so. i think it easily is
>>
>>318354274
>VATS is next to useless
If you do a second play-through, try a luck build. You get to store critical shots, find shit tons of ammo and caps, and every once and a while during VATS you get a free kill because of "the mysterious man" perk or whatever it's called. Seriously the most OP thing I've found so far, I've been able to kill legendaries far above my character's level by just shooting them in VATS over and over until I get the RNG kill.
>>
File: iftmtytt.png (45 KB, 367x182) Image search: [Google]
iftmtytt.png
45 KB, 367x182
>>318354469
I agree with most of this post except for the complaints aginst the home building system. I think it's implemented very well, and gives the game some padding in between quests. I'm only 5 days and 8 hours in and I'm already running out of stuff to do, but the base buildong thing gives me plenty to do. I can see how some might not like the loot, dump, head out thing, but personally it makes me feel like I'm actually doing something the whole time. Plus I kinda feel like I'm a badass in my power armor since I'm level 61 and nothing can hurt me since Bethesda did a shitty job with the level scaling.
In the U.S. Constitution quest, I talked to that bitch that wanted me to kill Ironsides and I told her to fuck off, then walked- I actually made my character walk, not jog- into their base, grabbed the part I needed, and just let them shoot at me and walked slowly away back to the ship.
I just wish your base got attacked more, I've got turrets LITERALLY coming out of my asshole and the biggest threat is the rare "attack" of 3 raiders with pipe pistols and a pool cue. Give me a hoard of ferals or a party of super mutants that swing by occasionally. This is all just my opinion, though.
>>
>>318353475
it's a good shooting game but not a good fallout game.

it's not an RPG as much as Bethesda wants you to believe. They made the game with the Minecraft and Mass Effect 3 audience in mind.
>>
>>318355175

I know, right?

>>318354975

Literally not at all. I'm in the same boat, anon, I even boat the Land Sea and Air pack

I'll miss sprinting though, seems like a weird feature to remove.
>>
>>318355337
>I just wish your base got attacked more, I've got turrets LITERALLY coming out of my asshole and the biggest threat is the rare "attack" of 3 raiders with pipe pistols and a pool cue
>I just wish your base got attacked more, I've got turrets LITERALLY coming out of my asshole

why do you think you're not getting attacked anon. have you not bothered to do any research
>>
>>318355337
The base building is shallow shit with terrible AI and no complexity whatsoever. It's missing a shitton of QoL features and the UI for it's fucking awful. On top of that, there aren't any unique settlements or quests since Beth can now fill the game with their generic build-a-settlements full of generic settlers and associated radiant questgivers.
>>
File: ScreenShot23.jpg (339 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot23.jpg
339 KB, 1536x864
>>318355337
The more defenses you have the less chance you have of being attacked. Once you hit 70 or so the attacks basically stop.
>>
>>318355580
>the base building has terrible AI

really? the base building AI is bad? I havent used the AI part

>no complexity whatsoever
no imagination cause cell phone generation millenial kid
>>
File: 1401342780664.png (358 KB, 719x720) Image search: [Google]
1401342780664.png
358 KB, 719x720
>>318353475
speaking as a hardcore gamer I loved fallout 4 for its immersive gameplay. Left me wanting more which is why im ultra excited for the most hardcore game to hit the PC in over a decade called Doom 4 which is also being made exclusively by Bethesda!
>>
I'm about 30 hours in

I think I actually liked Skyrim better. it feels like the shallow puddle that is Skyrim has more depth. Conversations could be 100% summed up with just telling you where to go for your quest with 0 impact from the player. The gun crafting is fun, but it gets pretty old fast. The perk tree is shallow as fuck, the only fun shit is in Luck. The fact they rain power armor on you like you're part magnet is just fucking lazy.

Its shallow as shit. A very generous helping of shallow as shit, but its still shallow.
>>
File: YFMTS.gif (2 MB, 477x465) Image search: [Google]
YFMTS.gif
2 MB, 477x465
>>318353475
Wowww anon. Yeah, we totally fucking care that you bought fallout -_-
>>
it's 8/10 game. Pretty good op.
>>
>>318355791
Doom 4 looks great

and it's being made by id which is not bethesda senpai

interestingly enough i believe fallout 4 uses AI directly from RAGE for the raiders
>>
I'm pretty bored with the game at around 15 hours or so of playtime.

I don't get all the complaints about it being a buggy mess though. I mean, it IS a buggy mess, but way better than every other fallout/tes game was at this point in their lifetimes. The game doesn't crash every other time you are on a load screen, I mean this thing is a technical marvel by Bethesda standards.
>>
>>318353475
I don't know if you'll regret it, personally I'm going to wait until all the DLC is out and the game is a shitload cheaper than it is now because I purchased New Vegas at launch on PS3 and bought the Ultimate Edition on Steam a couple of years later for a pittance and while I enjoyed the original edition at first the latter build was an entirely different experience. I even played it (UE) without mods and enjoyed it more, because the most game-breaking mods had been addressed by the time the UE was out; and while I played the original version all the way through, buying the DLC as they were released and experiencing each update as it came out, I can happily do without the weird, funny bugs you find mid-development if it means at the end I can enjoy a well developed game with all DLC, even if I have to wait a year or so after inital release. Now I compare buying NV to buying The Forest - it was a fun (if broken) game and if I knew then what I know now I'd wait until it's experimental phase was over before I put my money on the table.
>>
>>318355757
>I havent used the AI part
Are you obtuse? Settlers can't path for shit, constantly spawn on top of buildings, and cause happiness to plummet since they can't get to beds. Hangman's Alley looks great but you can do jack shit with it as far as actually taking advantage of its verticality is concerned goes since settlers can't into stairs or tight spaces. Enemies usually spawn in the base, so chokepoints and traps are invariably worthless.

>no imagination cause cell phone generation millenial kid
You're a moron. Aside from the fact that there's painfully little to use as far as material types and furnishings are concerned (only 4x4 foundations, no regular 1-piece walls, only metal and fucking plywood), the system itself is incredibly shallow. There aren't any production chains, no multi-step tasks to assign, no workflow to optimize, nothing. You plop down resources, assign settlers to basic resource generation, and put up a few turrets. There's no depth to the management whatsoever.
>>
File: ScreenShot17.jpg (528 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot17.jpg
528 KB, 1536x864
>>318356241
FO4 is probably the least buggy Bethesda game to date. Granted that's not saying much but I've only had a single crash out of 121 hours of gameplay.
I get what your saying though, Bethesda games are shit tier until modders have time to iron out all the graphics and gameplay. If you're not super enthusiastic about Fallout you might want to wait.
>>
>>318356423
>Are you obtuse? Settlers can't path for shit, constantly spawn on top of buildings, and cause happiness to plummet since they can't get to beds.

haven't had any issue with it, and why would i care what the happiness meter says? ive had so much fun decorating and building my housefus

>You're a moron. Aside from the fact that there's painfully little to use

durrrrrrrrrr mods retard. there's already one that adds hundreds of prefabs. there will thousands of user created ones within months

>depth to the management

why would you want this? the point of building things is to build them. once again you have zero imagination and require a dangling carrot or a meter to fill up. you are literally autistic that's why you don't understand having fun in this mode
>>
>>318356648
I think Oblivion was less buggy
>>
>>318356745
nowhere near it, whatsoever. oblivion crashed constantly and had quests constantly get stuck on release. oblivion wasn't straight until 2 major patches later and had persistent issues through its entire lifetime

fallout 4 on release is less buggy than fo3, skyrim, and oblivion after major patches. i've had the application running for literally 200 hours and it has crashed twice.

there are fewer broken quests, broken npcs etc also
>>
>>318356839
Ive encountered a shitton of bugs, but only one crashed me in Fo4
One quest completely broke
>>
File: you are a fag.gif (3 MB, 891x688) Image search: [Google]
you are a fag.gif
3 MB, 891x688
>>318356745
>>
File: 02342317.png (328 KB, 1247x840) Image search: [Google]
02342317.png
328 KB, 1247x840
>>318357124
>RWJ
>>
>>318356961
i haven't had any quests break, i did have the interface get stuck which i had to fix with a console command

and i did have one quest go into the log as failed even though i completed it, but i still got the reward so
>>
>>318356648
Well like I said I bought NV at lauch and liked it despite it's flaws, and I bought Fallout 3 not long after it's launch and suffered the bugs before all the patches and DLC came out, and then I bought Skyrim (again on PS3) and of all the shit I'd seen and either tolerated or even laughed at, I saw a dragon flying backwards, miles away from the fight and thought, fuck this; for starters I'm not buying a console release of ANY bethesda game in future and I'm giving serious thought to not buying any realease until modders have unfucked it. The reason I bought Fallout 3 and Skyrim was because I got Oblivion not so long after I got a PS3 and enjoyed it.
>>
File: The fuck you just say.gif (286 KB, 356x291) Image search: [Google]
The fuck you just say.gif
286 KB, 356x291
>>318357387
>>
>>318357602
>having to make some personal resolution to not buy console versions of bethesda games

why would you buy console versions of bethesda games

it is a situation where you are honestly mentally retarded if you could play them on pc and choose consoles instead

>damn why would i want mods and to be able to unfuck my save games when quests fuck up and shit lol! better to have 28 fps with low graphics settings
>>
>>318357457
At the end of the day for me, the unlikable factions, unlikable story, horrible writing, horrible dialogue, not to mention dialogue options. cemented my lack of caring for the entire story. I decided just to power through and beat it and it was just suffering. I've already uninstalled. Ill probably get it back when the mods really start rolling in.
>>
>>318357934
i care close to 0 about story in these games

though i think TES is inherently more interesting because i think a fantasy setting is 500000x more interesting than a wasteland setting, and it really limits what they can do with the story

FO4 is obviously a cash in, but it's actually a great bethesda game. I don't think they spent that much money making it. I have to hope they're actually making a new engine for TES, they really gotta stop stretching this fucking thing out
>>
Quite a bit. I pirated it and only managed to play 5 hours before uninstalling. It's bad.
>>
>>318353475
If you don't care about roleplaying, RPGs, writing, story, character depth, freedom of choice, a truly diverse arsenal, bugs, accuracy to the lore, and the fallout series, and you loved Skyrim and wanted a reskinned version where the graphics aren't better and there are even more unkillable NPCs, probably not much.
>>
>>318357932
No, I owned a PS3 and wasn't really into games, and eventually invested in a gaming PC when I got into games and discovered the vast difference between console vs PC gaming then, after the fact.
Why the aggression? You all pent up over something?
>>
>>318358375
the graphics in fo4 are waaaaaaaaaay better

people trying to attack it graphically are really up shit creek...no it doesnt look like battlefield or something

but it looks far far better than skyrim...people were trying to attack the lighting when it has realtime world lighting! lol. most games do not.
>>
>>318358641
But the textures suck. I don't really care about graphics so much as the fact that it didn't seem like a great deal of effort went into them. It's basically modded skyrim level.

Hell, the graphics could look fucking terrible and I wouldn't mind as long as the rest of it wasn't so goddamn skyrim-y.
>>
can someone explain to me how this game manages to look worse than the witcher, perform worse than the witcher, have a trillion more loading screens than the witcher despite (presumably) having a much larger budget?
>>
>>318358871
>But the textures suck

no they don't. they aren't particularly low resolution are artistically bad. i dunno where that complaint is coming from even, first person i've heard say it...have you played it?

>>318358910
witcher has far more loading screens, and witcher had a far larger budget than FO4. FO4 was made cheaply as a cash in, it's quite obvious
>>
>>318358910
Because it's far more enjoyable than The Witcher.
>>
>>318359081
>quest marker, map, and witcher sense all showing you everything

shit made the game feel so corny and stupid.

everything about witcher games is bad cept the graphics. CDPR makes great cinematics but they don't understand fun whatsoever. not one witcher game has been fun and not one has had good combat.
>>
>>318359037
>witcher has more loading screens

what

pretty much the only loading screens were when you were fast traveling

in fallout pretty much every building has its own loading screen
>>
>>318359198
interiors have loading screens in witcher also, there are just fewer interiors because its a new engine

bethesda is going to get every last fuckin mile out of gamebryo

you have to think at this point they are finishing a new engine for new TES...they have to be right?........right?
>>
File: caitpanion.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
caitpanion.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>318353475

currently unplayable on my PC

however, i still do not regret it and neither will you
>>
>>318359407
>the witcher has more loading screens, it just has less loading screens because its a new game

mate
>>
I pirated it and it kept me mildly entertained for about 2 hours. Seriously, this is the worst AAA game I have ever played
>>
>>318359473
bruh i felt like witcher was constantly loading when i played. it also hitches in the overworld to load which gamebryo does not do anymore.

it could be just that when there's a loading screne in FO4 i usually then see at least one interesting thing or have fun at least one time. When there's a loading screen in W3 I just trudge around again and don't get any items or do anything fun

I actually quit that game after 10 hours. Just isnt fun
>>
File: regerts.png (286 KB, 753x308) Image search: [Google]
regerts.png
286 KB, 753x308
You probably won't regret it. I'm really enjoying it.

I'm regretting getting this. It's just not that fun.
>>
>>318359621
Your subjective opinion about whats fun or not isnt the same as the objective fact that TW3 has less loading screens than FO4.
>>
you know what OP?

you're getting a rip off of borderlands 2
https://youtu.be/bVfWcP5fpS8
>>
>>318359779
>2015
>paying money for counterstrike

it's like some kind of backwards back in time shit where you went back to a time when things were worse than how they started out

CS has been dead since about 2004 btw.
>>
>>318359910

I wanted an online shooter, and /v/ told me this was the best.

Maybe I should have gone with CoD...
>>
>>318353821
Goty edition when?
>>
>>318359996
the best one is TF2 senpai. you dont have to buy stuff
>>
It's garbage.
The "gunplay" is an improvement over FONV but still trash.
Everything else is completely trash.
>>
>>318353475

Your son is the main bad guy and he's 60 years old.
>>
File: WOT.png (185 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
WOT.png
185 KB, 500x281
>>318359779
>You have 22 friends who play counterstrike-GO
>>
>>318359779

CS is only somewhat fun in competitive because the game is balanced around 5v5. It's fucking retarded that there's no regular game mode 5v5 for normal, only "fun"mode bullshit. Then maybe there wouldn't be pissy little babies crying about their meaningless de-ranks everytime something minor goes wrong.

>>318359996

/v/ will also tell you that DOTA2 is a well-made game that takes skill.
>>
>>
>>318353987
Poorfags gonna poor.
>>
>>318360058

what about the other improvements?

and why compare it to the vastly inferior NV and not the direct predecessor of the development team, Fallout 3?
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.