[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I actually managed to talk to someone today that expressed that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
I actually managed to talk to someone today that expressed that they believe smash is not a fighting game or part of the genre. After talking to him, it really made me wonder if there is a bunch of of people who believe smash is not a fighting game like SF4, GG, mk or any other fighter.

From the dictionary:
Verb (used without object), fought, fighting:
To engage in battle or in single combat; attempt to defend oneself against or to subdue, defeat, or destroy an adversary.
Noun:
A battle or combat.

Smash is a textbook definition of fighting and it baffles me to think other wise.
>>
File: 572.png (33 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
572.png
33 KB, 800x500
>people who believe smash is not a fighting game like SF4, GG, mk or any other fighter
>>
>>318347038
i dont understand what you are trying to get at.
>>
>>318346831
You're right when you say smash is a fighting game, but your reasoning is retarded. It's like arguing that an RPG is any game where you play as a character, because "you are role-playing as the character."

Game genres =/= the definitions of the words in the genre.
>>
>>318347717
What are the criteria for game genres then? Is it not based on the definitions of real actions? How does one define it then? RPG is role play, you play a role that you make in a story or someone elses.
>>
>>318347653
He says he's not taking part in your debait, what's not to understand, scrub?
>>
>>318346831
"Smash is a fighting game/is not a fighting game" is a debate that only retards take part in.
You should just enjoy each.
Worst comes around just say that it is a Platforming fighter.
>>
>>318348650
It is not really a debate.Smash is a fighting game by literal definition. How you make it not is just head canon.
>>
It's a party fighter.
>>
>>318349324
I feel thats a fair compromise.
>>
>>318349324
Still a fighting game
/thread
>>
it's an 8 player platformer brawler physics simulator fighting party game
>>
File: kekestofkeks.png (156 KB, 412x280) Image search: [Google]
kekestofkeks.png
156 KB, 412x280
>>318350265
>it's an 8 player platformer brawler physics simulator fighting party game
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.