[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just picked this up at my local retro game shop for $2. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 64836_front.jpg (110 KB, 640x913) Image search: [Google]
64836_front.jpg
110 KB, 640x913
Just picked this up at my local retro game shop for $2. What's /v/'s opinion on this game?
>>
Its good
>>
8.9/10
>>
Awesome game. If you played any other open word hulk or prototype then its pretty much the same
>>
>>318343921
Pretty fun, nice little time waster
>>
>>318343921
It's a surprisingly amazing game. It's a classic of that generation.
>>
>>318343921
I think it's HIROKATSU PAAAANCHI

But it can be kind of HIROKATSU JAAAAANPU
>>
>>318343921

You can turn cars into gauntlets
>>
It's a Wild Ride of Destruction and Mayhem.

>piledriving Hulkbusters
>>
>>318343921
It's fucking great. What's the best version though?
>>
>>318344736
It's a sixth gen multi-platform game. The answer's always going to be Xbox.
>>
>>318344736
(Excluding emulation) I would assume the Xbox version since you can play it on an Xbox 360 in 1080p.
>>
I give it an 8.9/10.
>>
Probably the best superhero game ever. The cheat codes for the game are pretty great too.

The actual side missions and minigames are kind of dumb though. It's basically a free roam fuck shit up simulator.

You can unlock special moves as you go. Weaponization moves are generally great, though you'll probably never use Bowling or Shield aside from goofing off. Hammer Toss is ULTRA useful.

Even though you're the Hulk and cannot fly, never underestimate the need for air-combat moves, because most mid-to-late game enemies are airborn and having an effective way of dealing with them is ultra important.

If you're ever low on health, ambulances tend to carry a good number of Smash Points if destroyed.

FYI, final boss fight is fucking awful.
>>
>>318344902
Wot.
>>
>>318343921
Pretty good actually. Fun to smash shit like a Hulk game should be you can rip cars apart and turn them into hulk hands.
>>
File: 1447984484256.jpg (21 KB, 292x315) Image search: [Google]
1447984484256.jpg
21 KB, 292x315
>called ultimate destruction
>is
>>
I fucking loved playing this game when I was a kid. 10 year old me was stoked at making cars into boxing gloves.
>>
This game is a prototype of Prototype.
>>
>>318343921
Going off of nostalgia, it is fucking amazing.
>>
>>318348559
lol
>>
>>318343921
It's one of the most fun games I've ever played and I still recommend it despite it's faults. The story bad and the ending is shit but you should have fun fighting the majority of the enemies. There are no banner segments thank fuck, but the game still has a couple of really annoying missions that have to be completed in specific ways.
>>
How do you beat the segment where you chase The Abomination through the desert? Literally impossible for me due to all the fucking missile launching tanks and the Abomination himself being hard to damage whenever he stops.
>>
>>318343921
played it for 18 hours straight when it was new which is a record for me
>>
I rented this game from blockbuster a few times before I actually bought it. And even then the day I bought it I played it for 8 hours straight until I got stuck on some bullshit mission in the desert and went to bed. Fucking fantastic game.
>>
>>318343921
money well spent
>>
>>318345384
hulk hands on hulk amused me to no end
>>
>>318348559
it actually is prototype though

some of the moves even have the same names
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.