[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam Sale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 76
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 320x240
FUCKING STEAM SALE THREAD

>WHAT YOU BUYING
>WHAT YOU CONSIDERING
>RECOMENDATIONS
>>
This sale is shit unless you're new to PC gaming.
>>
File: e0v4r.jpg (36 KB, 350x436) Image search: [Google]
e0v4r.jpg
36 KB, 350x436
>BUYING
Alice:MR
Sniper Elite Trilogy
E.Y.E.
Hitman Series
>CONSIDERING
Warhammer 4k: Space Marine
Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army
Civ V Collection
Deus Ex
DMC
Serious Sam 3
>RECOMENDATIONS
Anything good around $10 or less
>>
>>318343771
I've bought literally nothing so far

I was thinking about getting recettear or hyperdimension neptunia though

I probably won't
>>
I'm really thinking of Reflex. I've been avoiding early access like a plague. But this game is testing me man. I really want to get back to arena shooters, i mainly miss the casual deathmatch. The devs seem pretty cool and active, playerbase is small but if I can get a match in europe with 6 players then I'm a happy camper. So what does /v/ think about this game?
>>
I bought South Park and I'm thinking of buying GTAIV although my friend told me the pc port is fucking abysmal.

Are there any fixes for it? I would really like to play it.
>>
>>318344696
SS3 is great fun. Recommended for fun horde shooting.

Civ V imho worth it for 10 bucks. The first few games are pretty bad tho because the games are pretty long and when you don't know what resources to go for in diferent tech trees and society upgradesm you can fuck yourself up without knowing until half way into the game. But after those 2-3 games you get the hang of it and it's super fun.
>>
Oh a thread I need

Recommendations for games I can play offline?
Going on deployment and need won't have internet for five months
>>
theres nothing i want

except a gf
>>
File: 120.jpg (35 KB, 980x214) Image search: [Google]
120.jpg
35 KB, 980x214
I just bought Ys VI. What the fuck is this?
>>
>>318346713
The binding of isaac rebirth. Hundreds of hours of gameplay thanks to replayability and content unlocks. Every playthrough you can unlock more items that get thrown into item pool that can spawn, you unlock more endings more floors to go down to, there are hundreds of enemies, hundreds of items, tons of bosses, lots of challenge and secrets. The visuals are amazing as well as creepy as fuck. I have around 40 hours in afterbirth and I barely scratched the surface.
>>
>>318347163
Oh and DLC just came out that adds 2 new characters some bosses, lots of new items and enemies, some extra endings, floor designs, entire new game mode and local co-op mode. DLC is imho worth it but definitely not necessary and the base game has more than enough content itself.
>>
>>318347050
Bosses and pretty good music: the game (series)

Everything else is meh.
>>
>>318347487
I meant the DLC. I like the Ys Origin so I'm pretty hyped for this.
>>
Considering buying Akiba Strip. Is it worth it right now?
>>
>>318347050
half fun walking back and forth between the same 2 locations for hours
>>
>>318347912
That game was a rental.
It was fun and all but not worth buying.
>>
>>318347050
Limestone Cave is going to fuck your shit up, bro
>>
>>318347586
It's artwork you can find in the game's folder. It's free so don't worry about anything.
>>
File: Untitled.png (112 KB, 422x511) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
112 KB, 422x511
I'm planning to buy these game. Is these games good? Rate.
>>
Anyone played Oniken? Both it and Double Dragon: Neon are $.99 so I'm probably gonna pick them up.
>>
I bought KOTOR 1 & 2 because people kept saying they were good.

Played like 30 minutes of the first one and was incredibly bored. Hate the fact that there's only 3 classes and like 10 skills to choose from, and the idea of swords being used is fucking dumb. "HURR ITS MADE OUT OF MATERIAL THAT IS SO HARD AINT NOTHING CAN CUT IT. NOT EVEN LIGHTSABERS" Why not just make fucking armor out of it then?
>>
>>318348318
can't say anything about the others but i fucking loved transistor.
it's weird to say but i didn't really like the gameplay
the but the music/art style is enough to carry the game anyway.
>>
>>318348241
fuck that cave

I had to farm for emelas forever just to get to the boss, and then it took forever to kill because you can't actually attack it directly

Ys 6 is probably the worst game in the series imho and I've played most of them (the only two I haven't played are the PCE version of Ys 4, and Memories of Celceta)
>>
>>318348656
6 was my first Ys game but I can definitely say that no matter how much I love it, it's still the worst of the games with the new battle system.

So many unfun enemies to fight holy shit. It's such a fucking slog. There are way too enemies that have armor on the front and can stunlock you to death.

Limestone Cave is the absolute worst though. The enemies were so horribly difficult it threw the game's balance off.
>>
>>318348509
The writing/story/plot/character/dialogue in KOTOR is god awful, but I still found the game itself fun. KOTOR 2 improves the writing dramatically, but I got burned out after a certain planet so I stopped playing it. I say keep going. They're definitely fun games.
>>
>>318348509
You're the dumbest motherfuck I've witnessed on /v/ in a long time.
>>
>>318348928
Would it be worth it to just skip 1 and start on 2 just to salvage the experience? At the moment I have no interest in continuing 1. I'd rather just go play Neverwinter Nights or something.

>>318349073
Cool. Nice man. I like the reasons you gave too.
>>
>>318347050
I'm guessing you're wondering what the material collection add-on is?

It's a collection of artwork from the game which includes official character art, locations, events, etc. You can't find it in the game itself so you have to go to wherever you installed the game to (probably under steam->steamapps->Ys VI

Sadly they put almost all of the images in fucking BMP so it's gonna take ages to load.
>>
I bought Dark Souls because playing it on console is suffering but at least people are playing it on there.
>>
File: IMAG0345.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0345.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
Bought Wolfenstien:The New Order and Running with Riffles. Wolfenstien is amazing and rwr is pretty alright too.
>>
>>318348845
I don't mind the stun shit, since there's wearable items that nullify it and also herbs that cure you

I just wish there wasn't so much running back and forth between locations you've already been

the game would have been much better if you could warp between savepoints like in Origin
>>
>>318348509

that is the dumbest reason to not like kotor
>>
>>318349364
Anon, there's an item called Alma's Wing in the mountains that lets you do exactly that

Fucking lol I did the exact same thing you did when I played it for the first time on the PSP no less
>>
>>318349374
Which one? The lack of class choices, lack of skill diversity, boring gameplay, or the "let's-add-indestructible-katanas-because-we-need-something-for-normies-to-swordfight-jedis-with"?
>>
Thinking about getting Elder Scrolls Online now that's it's 60% off and there's no sub fee. Should I? I've heard it's gotten better since beta.
>>
>>318349341
The characters look like ayylmaos so no thanks
>>
>>318343771
I bought AC4 and then refunded it because Nuuvem had the Gold Edition for less than Steam was charging for the standard edition. Fuck you Valve, just fuck you.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (23 KB, 616x135) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
23 KB, 616x135
>>318349341
I got it thanks.
>>
>>318349563
No it doesn't, I got that item and all it does is warp you to the entrance of the dungeon you're in. And the dungeons weren't the problem, it's the bland overworld you're forced to traverse over and over.

I can safely say that at least 5 hours of my ~15 hour playthrough was just running back and forth between the Rehda village and the Eresian village to talk to advance the plot so they'll let me go to the next dungeon
>>
>>318349073
In all fairness the first bit of KOTOR really is total shit.
>>
>>318349978
Which version are you playing? Because I was playing the PC version last night and it lets you warp to any touched save point.
>>
Anyone know of a good 2d platformer? Something hard enough that a few deaths are to be expected, but not so hard that it requires split second timing and pixel perfect precision.
>>
What vidya games on steam play well without volume?
I like to play vidya while my housemates watch tv and listen to it and talk with them.
>>
Is Ys turn based? I have a turn based jrpg itch that needs scratching
>>
>>318350404
No.
>>
>>318350282
Maybe Shantae and the Pirate's Curse? It's not terribly challenging but there are quite a few tough segments. Plus the artstyle is cute and it's generally a fun adventure.

Shovel Knight is also pretty fun, but the free expansion is miles better. iirc you can enter a cheat code on the title screen to unlock it.
>>
>>318350345
builders
banished and cities skylines
>>
File: Blood Bowl.gif (3 MB, 400x170) Image search: [Google]
Blood Bowl.gif
3 MB, 400x170
I bought Blood Bowl 2. Does anyone else play this game? It's pretty damn fun.
>Gif related
>>
What's the best indie game I've probably never played?

I have almost every "big name" indie game on Steam.
>>
>>318350404
Nope, try Trails in the Sky
>>
>>318343771
>Deadpool is still $39.99
>on sale for $19.99
>it's been that price on consoles for a while now
Why are some games priced weird.
>>
>>318350235
PSP version

I just googled it and apparently they changed how that item works for the Steam version

makes me wish I played the Steam version now

>>318350404
Ys is action-rpg, but the same people also made Trails in the Sky which is turn based
>>
I bought Elite Dangerous. I don't know what to do in this game.
I would have bought Vermintide if it wasn't only 10 fucking percent off.
>>
File: Steam-sales_2015-autumn.png (23 KB, 260x258) Image search: [Google]
Steam-sales_2015-autumn.png
23 KB, 260x258
>>318343771
My friend from USA also gifted me The Witcher 3, feels good man.
>>
>>318350593
thx anon. I totally forgot I have that but put it on the shelf cause the cutscenes are all messed up in 8.1 or the audio or something, I forget, need to get on the fix
>>
>>318350516
I'll look into those. Thanks anon.
>>
>>318350871
no problem. they're both a lot of fun and perfect for half paying attention, but both kind of formulaic and once you figure it out there's virtually no challenge. Banished is great tho
>>
>>318346713
dark souls can be played offline if you havent already

and spec ops the line - you might appreciate it more since youre a soldier
>>
oh yea i got witched 3 from gog for 23$

steam has it for 30
>>
Is Alice:MR that good or does it just look cool?
>>
>>318346713

>Dark Souls
>Age of Empires II : HD Edition
>GTA 3-bundle (SA, VC, III)
>Sid Meier's Civilization V + DLC
>Mount & Blade : Warband
>The Witcher 2
>Fallout 1 & 2
>>
i just bought the metro redux bundle and grid2

not sure if i really want anything else that can't wait till christmas sale
>>
>>318343771
only thing i've bought is max payne 1+2

just 3 bucks
>>
>>318351339
Witcher 3 will always be cheaper on GOG because it was made by the same people who run the site
>>
any interesting nipponese games worth checking out?
currently thinking of getting killer is dead and crimzon clover, but I'm curious if there are any unique games that might have flown under my radar. seems like most japanese games on steam are vns sadly

>>318350345
I never have the in game sound on for crusader kings 2
>>
I have $1.26 left on my debit card. Is there a way to add that to my steam wallet?
>>
is Dying Light worth it? it looks like L4D3
>>
>>318351339
how?
>>
>>318351545
No, you can only add 5 bucks at a time to your steam wallet.

But there's nothing stopping you from using that money in a purchase. Steam can use your card along with whats in your wallet
>>
>>318350635
> Publisher: Activision

That's why.
>>
>>318351617
it's what, $20?

at that price (along with the two DLC packs for like $2.50 a piece) i'd say it's worth it. Story and combat are meh, but traveling actually feels nice (especially as you level your agility) and the leveling system as a whole are pretty great. Plus it's pretty to look at so long as you aren't playing on a toaster.
>>
File: dEUzLDH.jpg (33 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
dEUzLDH.jpg
33 KB, 600x335
>Tags: Early Access, Survival, Open World, Crafting

Jesus christ how many of these ARE there?
>>
>>318351789
How?
>>
are there literally any good games on sale right now?

post ending in 9 decides my purchase
>>
>>318351676
go to the site

that's how... i just checked the site... it's full price now... musta been a mid week sale or something

lucky me i guess
>>
I already bought New Vegas and Dishonored so my question is about pick up and play games. What are some good ones where I won't have to devote a shit ton of time into? Things like platformers, shmups, adventure games. Already picking up the Suguri collection.
>>
>>318351803
Are they notorious for making console games cheaper than pc or something?
>>
Just bought and finished £100 worth of cocaine tonight. I still wont pay more than a tenner for a game.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (80 KB, 672x374) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
80 KB, 672x374
Should I break my no early access rule?

Everything I've seen and read about this game really makes me want to play it.
>>
>>318352000
every game in the "open world" and "survival" tags are early access. there's literally never been a finished game that fits that description
>>
>>318351056
>spec ops the line - you might appreciate it more since youre a soldier

You're a dumbass.
>>
>>318352095
Hatoful Boyfriend
>>
File: DSCN71944.jpg (159 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
DSCN71944.jpg
159 KB, 800x600
I only bought Judge Dredd vs Death.

Considering Star Wars: Battlefront 2 You guys think it will hit 75% off during the Christmas sale?
>>
>>318352158
They're notorious for giving shitty discounts on most of their games during every Steam sale.
>>
>>318349713
Same here, anon.
>>
>>318352273
no.

it's been getting a lot of attention recently, which means that it's a few months away from the devs cashing out and telling everyone to fuck off.
>>
File: header_586x192.jpg (51 KB, 586x192) Image search: [Google]
header_586x192.jpg
51 KB, 586x192
The Star Wars 2015 Collection is pretty good, and 77% off.
>>
>>318352310
already own it. the game was mostly boring but actually funny at parts. thankfully i was streaming it to a few of my buddies who got to have a laugh
>>
>>318343771
Fucking lost it at that gif

Elite Dangerous
Rocket League
Apotheon
Super Time Force Ultra
Darkest Dungeon
Niddhogg
>>
>>318352081
are you retarded? just enter your card info when you hit checkout
>>
>>318352335
I put it on my wishlist a long time ago when it was roughly 6 bucks on sale. I bought it pretty quickly when I saw it went on sale recently. 3.29 ain't a bad price.
>>
>>318352335
>$2.49 vs. $2.99
Just buy it, man.
>>
Which one is better, Crysis or Crysis 2? Thinking about picking up Metro also.
>>
I'm 80 minutes into Endless Legends, I'm not sure If I feel like its worth $20. Does it get better as you get more into it?
>>
Should I get the Stanley Parable, the Talos Principle, or both?

I played the demo version of Stanley Parable way back when it was a HL2 mod and enjoyed it. Is the new version better?
>>
>>318352730
2 different kinds of game design brudda
>>
>>318352379
So wait for it to go cheaper? That doesn't really seem like a reason though. Considering how much it has changed from the 2013 videos on youtube to the current ones. They seen to have been, so far at least, actually supporting and improving their game.
>>
Should I get Killing Floor 2? Had a lot of fun with it during the free weekend awhile back.
>>
>>318346828
Death is soon
>>
>>318352730
The first
>>
>>318352784
If it's anything like Endless Space, no, it never gets better. It's Endless Boredom.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (18 KB, 442x110) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
18 KB, 442x110
Sold some Dota 2 shit since I quit and bought these cheap shits. Not played them yet, anyone got opinions?
>>
>>318352816
I don't know a lot about Crysis. I rented part 3 when it first came out. I always see the first Crysis in mod threads or technology threads.
>>
File: Apotheon.jpg (37 KB, 600x224) Image search: [Google]
Apotheon.jpg
37 KB, 600x224
APOTHEON

How is it?
>>
>>318351350
I bought fallout 2 and just shut it off. It was way to clunky for me.
>>
>>318352730
For whatever reason, DON'T pick up Crysis 3, it's boring as shit and asked for a refund after an hour playing. Was just testing it for benchmarking purposes. Get Crysis 1 instead.
I'm curious what other anons feel about Metro as well, which is better Redux or normal LAst light?
>>
>>318352803
i have talos principle that game is good and beautiful

lots of puzzles and i like the writing and the all the excerpts from texts and such

i havent beat it yet but im going to - its good in short to long bursts of gameplay
>>
just bought evil within for 10$

what a steal!
>>
>>318353143
Cool artstyle obviously, and a fairly deep combat system.
I wasn't the biggest fan of it because I'm horseshit at these types of games, but I definitely think it's good. What's Steam's price?
>>
>>318343771
>Bought
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Tomb Raider: Legend
Lara Croft Guardian of Light
Grim Fandango Remastered
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD
Arx Fatalis
Hard Reset: Extended edition
Slender: The Arrival
Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015: Do You Still Shower With Your Dad

I am ready to be called a faggot

>>318344696
Alice: MR is enjoyable, and I thought DMC was pretty fun for the price. Consider DMC 4: SE if you're craving that genre
>>
>>318353445
$3.74 USD.
>>
>>318345757
Recettear is oddly addicting, you probably won't regret buying it if you had any interest in it
>>
File: 21263615.jpg (136 KB, 1000x505) Image search: [Google]
21263615.jpg
136 KB, 1000x505
nothing
nothing
NiGHTS into dreams. If I hadn't spent so much christmas shopping recently I'd probably buy copies for anyone that asked.
>>
>>318348318
Music and art are top notch in Transistor. The gameplay really comes into its own with a second playthough; I love that every ability typically gets used, even if its not an active ability due to how the upgrade system works
>>
>>318346453
skip it and get gtav instead. skip gtav online and do story only
>>
I bought a copy of Terraria for a friend :)
bought nothing for myself, might keep it that way and do gifts only.
>>
Is DuckTales Remastered any good? I've heard it's really faithful to the original, but I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
>>
Anything good under 1 dollar?
>>
>>318352602
I got Rocket Meme, actually a good game.
>>
>>318353562
It's worth it at that price yes, I say go for it.
>>
>>318352379>>318352273

Lol don't be so cynical. Have a look at the developers and progress of this project. It's worth buying, especially if you have other people to play with.
>>
>>318354028

the only issue I remember having with the game was that the cutscenes went on forever and interrupted the flow of levels (especially on repeat playthroughs) though you can skip them.

Great game in any case. Adds a few new levels and really is more than just a simple HD version of the original game.
>>
>>318354028
They added cutscenes to it, unskippable last I heard that ruined the flow of the game. It was a NES game, adding cutscenes was a retarded thing to do.
>>
>>318352850
They did do a lot to improve the game, so i'd say it's worth it (unless you're desperately holding onto your cash for the christmas sale)

my biggest complaints with the game are with the story and the combat itself. The story is about as basic and predictable as you can get, and no matter how much work they put into the game even two years after release, it's not going to change. They might add more story via DLC later down the line but it hasn't happened yet. Of course it's only a minor part of the game.

The combat is also pretty basic (it generally falls into the "mash attack button until it's dead or you're out of stamina" approach). Overall though, they did make major improvements to the leveling/perks system as well as the crafting systems which make it significantly more bearable (Not to mention it makes leveling survival and agility worth it as well, so that avoiding and running away from encounters becomes a viable choice alongside facing enemies)

I bought it last time it went on sale for a similar price and i haven't regretted it. It's pretty fun to just run around and explore, as well as play co-op (although i wish online was a bit more popular). With the DLC i'd say it's definitely worth it for the price now
>>
>>318352803
The Stanley Parable has more routes than the original but the experience is largely the same and includes a lot of the same routes as well.
>>
>>318354028

Level design is more or less the same as the original, but with a bit of forced exploration to pad out the game. Cutscenes can be a bit annoying, but they can be turned off in subsequent playthroughs/cheat code. The game's biggest problem is how out of place some of the backgrounds look.

tl;dr yes
>>
Was considering buying Gnomoria, is it worth the $4?

How does it fare as a watered down dorf fort?
>>
The last good survival horror game I played was Dead Space 1, is Alien worth $15?
>>
File: cart3.png (120 KB, 658x485) Image search: [Google]
cart3.png
120 KB, 658x485
Don't won't to go over 40 dollars need some nice shit
>>
>>318354541
Alien Isolation is fantastic.
>>
>>318354541
dead space 2 is good if you havent already played it
>>
File: giphy-6.gif (707 KB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
giphy-6.gif
707 KB, 260x195
>See a game on sale yesterday
>Just now got the money for it
>No longer on sale

WHY
>>
>>318354357
I heard they added them because they managed to get the original voice actors from the cartoon, and wanted more stuff for them to do. Which is kind of nice, I guess.
>>
>>318354641
What game was it? If it was that South Park game it's cheaper on Nuuvem anyway.
>>
>>318354147

I thought shower with your dad simulator had a surprisingly large amount of shit going on considering it was $1 at launch and I assume it's on sale right now for even less.
>>
>>318343771
Bought Star Wars Bundle and Elite Dangerous. Kind of regretting Elite Dangerous already.
>>
>>318354635
Oh I played 2 and 3, I just think 1 was the only good one as in above a 6/10.
>>
>>318354641
Which game? I thought the deals werne't changing by day.
>>
>>318354357

they aren't unskippable, but yeah they do hurt the flow.
>>
I have 5 dollars left. Which of these should I get?

Dishonored
Arkham City
Max Payne 1&2
Dark Souls
>>
Any general recommendations? I looked through the store an hour ago and nothing really caught my eye. Feels like I've played everything these past couple of years.
>>
>>318354802
Iirc, they're not doing official flash sales, but they're making an exception for developers who really, really don't want their game on sale the whole time.
>>
>>318354147
danmaku unlimited
sky mercenaries
>>
>>318354362
>>318354271
I think I will pick it up. It kinda looks like a 3D Terraria and I loved that game.
>>
>>318354953
I also noticed devs pricing their game higher the day before. Some real scum bags on there.
>>
File: Pls No WE WUZ posting.jpg (59 KB, 615x394) Image search: [Google]
Pls No WE WUZ posting.jpg
59 KB, 615x394
Tell me I'm shit and what you wuz
>>
>>318354905
Max Payne 1&2
>>
File: 8548757.png (226 KB, 393x401) Image search: [Google]
8548757.png
226 KB, 393x401
>buying
haha wageslaves so dumb, they waste money on free shit so they can wageslave more.
>>
>>318354641
Which game is this so I can be wary of the company's jew tactics
>>
>>318354905
Dishonored is excellent. City is okay, but not as good as Asylum.

Dark Souls is Dark Souls.
>>
>>318354598
Are the etra map DLCs for the different modes worth it? I was just going to get the crew expendable and last survivor.
>>
>>318354932
i only bought lisa so far and am enjoying it a lot.
>>
>>318353143
Floaty combat, great visual stype, fun bossbattles, good exploration, cool story and setting.
Game was a pleasant surprise where i didn't expect much but got a really good game with only a few flaws.
>>
>>318354905
Arkham City.
>>
>>318354905
what have you bought already?
>>
>>318355187
Floaty combat doesn't sound like a very good thing. What do you mean by it?
>>
I've bought Bioshock 1 and 2, last time i played it was on the 360, I don't want to ever touch infinite so i avoided the bundle, Been thinking on getting Darkest Dungeon, is it any good?
>>
why do you retards consumer sheep waste money of crap, even if it's almost free, it's still crap and you all know that you're not gonna even play it.
fuck capitalism, it enslaves you and you sheep learn to like bending down.
pathetic.
>>
File: presents.png (49 KB, 531x215) Image search: [Google]
presents.png
49 KB, 531x215
You anons bought Christmas presents, right? Why did I gift all my presents away before Christmas
>>
>>318355169
Took a look at it. Doesn't seem to interest me. Thanks though, glad to hear you like it.
>>
Here's the stuff I'm about to buy:

Apotheon
Infinifactory
Transistor
Bastion

Tell me if I'm making any mistakes.
>>
File: sluts.webm (621 KB, 380x332) Image search: [Google]
sluts.webm
621 KB, 380x332
>>318355372
>>
>>318355264
Guacamelee!
Mirror's Edge
Bioshock 1 + 2 + Minerva's Den
HuniePop
Bastion
Half-Life 1 Anthology
Bully Scholarship Edition
Sonic Generations
>>
>>318343771
Bought Civilization IV complete, Age of Mythology and Age of Empres II Extended edition with the new DLC's. I'm set for this winter nights.
>>
>>318355535
I'd go with Dishonored or Arkham City.
>>
I got 20 gabenbucks and not sure what to spend it on. Don't want a new shootan, don't want a JRPG, not sure what else to get.
>>
Got the Endless Legend Collection and i've enjoyed it so far even thought i'm a complete newb at the game, recommending if you like 4X-games
>>
Axiom Verge worth it?
>>
>>318355670
Hotline, Way of the Samurai 4, Dishonored, KOTOR.
>>
Personal niche recommendations:
Runestone Keeper — great rougelite / miner game. Looks simple on first look, but has pretty deep gameplay in it.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/339400

Desktop Dungeons — coffee brake rougelike with puzzle elements and huge replayability.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/226620

Tales of Maj'Eeal — the best rougelike on the market. Looks simple, but has almost limitless potential for hours to spend in it. Plus ingame chat with pleasant community always willing to help.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/259680

Battle Brothers — medieval fantasy turn-based RPG / RTS, with surprisingly deep gameplay, fantastic atmosphere and promises of it being even better game after EA is over. The best turnbased game I played in 10 years.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/365360

The Talos Principle — first person puzzle game made by devs of Serious Sam. Rich and interesting challenges with deep story and beautiful world.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/257510

Antichamber — First-person puzzle that doesn't play like Portal 2 at all. It's a mind-bending game, that makes you through away preconceptions and prior experience playing videogames and think differently.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/219890

Lovely Planet — Super Meat Boy in first person with coulourful world and very-very challenging levels. Speed run game.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/298600

Snakebird — surprisingly hard but neat puzzle game. Easy buy for those who want both challenging and clever experience.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/357300

Eldritch — first person action inspired by rougelikes and Lovecraft. It's $1.5
http://store.steampowered.com/app/252630

Teleglitch — Quake II-esque world from top-down perspective and one life.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/234390

The Fall — platformer / puzzle / adventure with good story and dialogs. Rather short.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/290770
>>
what is a Season Pass? I've been seeing this shit around in different games for the past 2 days
>>
>>318355330
Yes, if you have any interest in that type of game.

RNG can be a real fucker though.
>>
>>318355890
Wait for the Winter sale.
>>
>>318355919
DLC pass. For those that came out and are in development.
>>
Bought Shantae and Pirate's Curse, though that's more because it's the only one I've not played out of the bunch.
>>
>>318343771
I honestly don't know anything about 90% of games so I don't know what to buy
>>
>>318355890

Remember if it isn't 75% off, it isn't worth buying.
>>
File: beggar-angel2[1].jpg (254 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
beggar-angel2[1].jpg
254 KB, 640x480
>>318355372
i have more options open to me being a le wage slave than you being a parasite
>>
Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition is worth £3 and I encourage you to buy it.
>>
>>318343771
I bought a bunch of Choice of Games books because I'm a sucker for CYOA shit

Also Way of the Samurai 4 and Alpha Protocol
>>
>>318355895
>hotline
Have it
>WotS4
Never heard of it.
>dishonored
Eh.
>kotor
Have it, never installed.

Now that I think of it, what about Mountain Blade? Warband is the one I should get, right?
>>
>>318356047
Tell us what you like and what you want to play.
>>
>>318355969
not that anon but I bought Darkest Dungeon and I have this weird glitch where when I click anything the game crashes for a split second and goes windowed then back. its pissing me off and I can't play the game.
>>
>>318355670
Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a nice rogue-like.
>>
File: Bq0nGmdCUAIPd_M.jpg (25 KB, 598x483) Image search: [Google]
Bq0nGmdCUAIPd_M.jpg
25 KB, 598x483
>~3800 steam games
>$170 in steam wallet
>I have no idea what to buy
>>
>>318356169
fantasy, action, adventure, puzzles

I try to avoid shooters because they all feel identical to me.
>>
>>318356167
I haven't played 4 but the Way of the Samurai series you play a created samurai and go on a big open ended adventure. I've heard 4 is really good.
>>
>>318350716
How? Most games are behind a zone wall now
>>
>>318356273

buy games for other anons
>>
>>318356273
Don't buy anything.
Play some of the games you already have.
>>
File: 2717881-character+(9).jpg (49 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
2717881-character+(9).jpg
49 KB, 300x400
>>318356273
Buy me REmake, homie
>>
>>318352359
>>318349713
Anyone?
>>
>>318356273
Perhaps a gift for a friend anon?
>>
File: 0.jpg (461 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
461 KB, 1920x1080
>>318355896
Battle Brothers are fantastic. One of the best turn based games I've ever played in my life. In 23 years of gaming experience I've never had a single game that hooked me as much as this, except Heroes 3 and Silent Storm. Tough and smart challenge; with simple art design, but very touching atmosphere of medieval fantasy and comradery. Really great work with sound and music too.

Devs are very active on the forums, discuss future progress with community, and have great plans for a year ahead. Reading their updates one can see that developers are interested in making a better game out of an already solid and entertaining project. For every unplayable early access title people love to whine about, there are devs like these. Well worth the money they're asking.
>>
>>318356167
>Warband is the one I should get, right?
Yes, but I recommend checking the gameplay in videos first, some people love it, others hate it.
>>
>>318356312
Fuck it, I'll splurge.
>>
>>318356273
Stella: The Strania Effect or whatever it's called. Solid shmup for 10 bucks.
>>
>>318356296
Terraria, Epic Battle Fantasy 4 (or play the FREE flash version), Rogue Legacy, Rock of Ages.
>>
>>318356273
you could buy stuff for other people.
>>
>>318354905
Get Dark Souls bruhh

Just get DSFix and a controller, and you're good.
>>
>>318355919
You bought the DLC and all that come in the future
>>
>>318356503
I'm not into 2d games
>>
>>318356459

I never pick up stuff for only 20% off, but i'll wishlist it.

>>318356378
>>318356417

Fucking hell.
>>
>>318356273
Why are you buying so many games and not playing them? Force yourself to finish them at least the good ones.
>>
>>318356296
That's rather broad, don't you think? Tell what games you enjoyed the most, and try to describe a little what are you in the mood to play (e.g., I'd love puzzle-adventure with story, but that is not played from the first person perspective).
>>
>>318356581
>No shooters
>Nothing 2d
Rock of Ages, Witcher, Magicka
>>
>>318354641
Which game? Duba gaba giffi gasuba solo no spuki glamtutu
>>
>>318356649

he's what you call a 'whale'

aka gaben's best friend
>>
>>318354147
Spacechem and Before the Echo (also called Sequence)
>>
>>318356715
I have das1,2, the witcher series, skyrim, oblivion, and vindictus
>>
>>318356948
Try Gothic series, Risen series, Fable, Dark Souls. If DAS isn't Dragon Age, then get it.
>>
What's the video game equivalent of ASMR
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-29-23-51-44.png (799 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-29-23-51-44.png
799 KB, 1440x2560
Should I?
>>
>>318357365
how is das = dragon age, it's dark souls
>>
>>318357536
What?
>>
File: 1448846237687.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1448846237687.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>318343771
>Bought
Just Cause 3
Farcry 4
GTAV
Spore Complete
Cities Skylines
and was gifted ARK by my cousin who I game with occasionally.

>Considering
Anno
Grim Fandango
Sniper Elite III

>Recommend
Torchlight 2, as always, its a fantastic game, you wont regret it. Its like Diablo 3 but good, and with a super active modding scene.
>>
File: dont_touch_me_bitch.jpg (5 KB, 172x169) Image search: [Google]
dont_touch_me_bitch.jpg
5 KB, 172x169
I've only bought Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 and am not really considering anything else.
>>
What's the best mecha game on Steam?
>>
>>318343771
Is Command: Modern Air Naval Operations worth it, or is the learning curve just too steep?

Also considering This War of Mine. Worth it as its current price point? Is there any replay value?

>Bought
Wargame: Red Dragon
Panzer Corps
War in the East
>>
>>318357553
Yeah, all of those are good games
>>
>>318357365
I got the risen bundle, what should I expect?
>>
looking for some sweet co-op gems
>>
what games let me play as a skeleton
>>
Metro Redux collection or MGR: Revengeance?
>>
>>318354641
the crew did this fuck ubisoft
>>
>>318343771
>Buying
AoE II
Age of Mythology Ex
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

>Considering
N/A

>Recommendations
Transformers: WfC
Transformers: FoC
Castle Crashers
>>
>>318356948
It's sort of a shooter, but Fallout New Vegas is great. There's option for melee, unarmed and a bunch of different builds, you don't HAVE to play with guns.
>>
>>318358073
Breath of Death VII
>>
File: 2013-06-13_00001.jpg (173 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-13_00001.jpg
173 KB, 1024x768
>>318354528
You're probably not in this thread anymore, but I loved Gnomoria. This is coming from someone who found Dorf Fort way too difficult to get into, so the simple, easy-to-grasp concepts in Gnomoria were something I found very enjoyable. Used to play it on my craptop during Geology lectures and when I was born. Put easily 100 hours into it.

I'd definitely say it's worth $4.

Here's a funny screenshot I took. It's a black man, workin' the fields where he belongs, thinkin' 'bout chiggen.
>>
>>318350635
Activision.
>>
>>318358124
mgr
>>
>>318358294
>born
I meant "bored."

I've only been playing it since '13.
>>
>>318358310
Call of Duty 1 is ten dollars

CALL OF DUTY 1

IT'S NORMALLY TWENTY
>>
>>318358073
Tales of Maj'Eyal
>>
File: 1437154123518.jpg (32 KB, 520x416) Image search: [Google]
1437154123518.jpg
32 KB, 520x416
just bought gauntlet 4 pack, realized i have no friends to play it with.
>mfw
>>
>>318358262
I played it for about 20 minutes then it crashed, then I played it again and crashed again 5 minutes later
>>
Got $14.70 left in my account

Thinking of getting Fallout 3 GOTY for TTW

Anything else?
>>
>buyan

Nothing

>refundan

Everything
>>
>>318354905
>>318355145
My vote goes for Dishonored. Really great game in my opinion. Bought it about a month ago. One of the few games I've played recently that I didn't want to stop playing.
>>
File: 1448300586494.png (139 KB, 277x251) Image search: [Google]
1448300586494.png
139 KB, 277x251
>Only spent five brit bucks on the sale because I'm poor and what little money I get I need to spend on gifts because christmas is around the corner
Yeah great.
>>
>>318357947
Good action RPG made by professional devs with long history. Honestly, played only the first one, but my colleague is a big fan of the series, and he has pretty good taste in games.
>>
File: 1y812XC.gif (82 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1y812XC.gif
82 KB, 500x404
I've never played FEAR but people always jerk off about the lighting and the gunplay.

I'm kind of a fucking pussy. How scary is it?

Does it have jumpscares? I like horror that's more atmospheric/foreboding than actual scary bullshit popping out.
>>
File: steam games.jpg (27 KB, 273x252) Image search: [Google]
steam games.jpg
27 KB, 273x252
Bought Juse Cause 3 and Cities: Skylines.

Then I took a look at my library and immediately regretted it.

Why am I addicted to buying games?
>>
File: wallet.png (6 KB, 316x124) Image search: [Google]
wallet.png
6 KB, 316x124
roll a trip and ill buy you a game under 5 $.
>steam summer sale i gave like 40$ worth of games to people then people bitched at me cuz i couldnt read an entire thread fast enough.
so many people want games but i cant give fast enough
>>
>>318358793
FEAR wasn't that scary. I had someone claim they were terrified by it and that I would be scared by it too and I wasn't. It's not even as scary as the Ring.
>>
>>318359145
>trips in /v/
>>
>>318359145

please go away and take this shit to /b/
>>
Is Guacamelee any good?
>>
>>318359512
no
>>
I've bought Gothic 1 - 3 , Skyrim, Oblivion, Witcher 1 and 2 and Risk of Rain.

I got Necrodancer awhile ago when it was one sale too.
>>
Bought the only 2 things I found worth playing that I don't already have on steam

Roller Coaster Tycoon
Dead Space 2
>>
>>318359145
LOOM please
profile id: RorBoy
>>
>>318354905
get dark souls. it's really something special.

dishonored's first half was great but it got worse toward the end, more linear levels with less options. the dlc is supposed to be great though.

if you want an arkham game, i've only played city but i always hear asylum is better, i'd go with that one
>>
>>318359840
i see asylum isn't on sale. nevermind
>>
HAVE $5 DOLARYDOOS WHAT SHOULD I BUY?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 76

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.