[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you think that downgrades are alright all of a sudden?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: bsRFR0o.jpg (655 KB, 1920x2068) Image search: [Google]
bsRFR0o.jpg
655 KB, 1920x2068
Why do you think that downgrades are alright all of a sudden?
>>
>>318341217
They're not, but most plebs don't notice it or care about it. My question is what is to blame, the multiplat status or devs becoming lazy/cutting out everything fun and nice?
>>
>>318341382
>multiplat status
Planetside 2 alpha looked and sounded leagues better than release on PC. It was exlusive for 2 years and they never went back to Alpha graphics.
>>
File: WITCHER FAG.webm (631 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
WITCHER FAG.webm
631 KB, 960x540
>>318341217
>>
>>318341217
I don't, but my computer is so shit it doesn't really affect me.
>>
The downgrade would bother me a lot less if the game didn't run like shit given what it looks like.
>>
File: 2015-10-03 03.12.50.jpg (105 KB, 497x335) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-03 03.12.50.jpg
105 KB, 497x335
>comparing large open world to a pretty back piece skybox
>>
File: kermitthefrogkermit.jpg (28 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
kermitthefrogkermit.jpg
28 KB, 300x400
>>318341757

Still looks fantastic

but lets be honest. Console release held it back.
>>
>>318341217
>all of a sudden
they've always existed, idiot. It's called a Vertical Slice, that is made as fucking nice as they can, and then they have to make a whole game and DANG if it ain't hard to keep up that kind of quality for a whole game. So they cut corners as planned from day -100.

doesn't have anything to do with consoles or PC or all that, they were just never intending to make a whole game look like the upper screenshot.
>>
File: 1344597798206.png (187 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1344597798206.png
187 KB, 600x500
>>318342007

>mfw the game runs perfect for me, 60fps max settings

So do you have a toaster?
>>
>>318342134
That's not okay.
>>
>>318342117
Well yeah, of course

Most dev money is from console monies though, I'm pretty sure CDPR said so themselves
>>
>>318342223
GTX 760 4GB SLI.
Don't you pretend you get 60fps with hairworks turned all the way up bitch.
>>
>Still salty this long after release
>Still using modded TW2 vs PS4 TW3 Youtube grabs

Seriously I have no idea how one can hold such a grudge.
>>
>>318341217
Actually for that screenshot the fog was actually ADDED on to give an illusion of a "bigger" world.
There's a mod that removes that ugly fog filter and you don't lose performance at all
>>
>>318342382

I do. GTX 980ti i7 4790k

though, I definitely didn't back when I owned a 970.
>>
>>318342134
The upper screen shot is from the witcher 2
>>
>>318341757
Okay, that's a pretty hilarious webm.
>>
>>318341217
>cherrypicked picture from someone who hasn't played w3

Not even going to read the post.
>>
I had a good time playing Witcher 3, if the company gets some dollarionoas from releasing on consoles, I guess it's a necessary evil. Because I really would like to see them keep on releasing.
Besides NOBODY on here was "alright" with it.
>>
Its not and honestly its been discussed before. The game still looks great but it is sad to know that it could of been better and consoles held it back. However releasing on consoles is the only reason we even have the game.
>>
The problem is that companies are showing games way too early. Tuning for performance is one of the last things you do when making a game. Early in development they just make it look as good as they can. Then a year or so later when they are trying to balance the performance they end up having to compromise on the visuals in order to get good performance.

If companys weren't demoing their games 2 years before release this wouldn't be a problem. More people need to look at what Fallout 4 did with it's marketing and copy that. Because it fucking worked.
>>
It's not "all of a sudden". It's been happening since video game trailers were getting released.

https://youtu.be/-7damwzqa4s?t=123
>>
>>318343847
That's what happens when moore's law was still being put into serial compute speed and not muh efficiency muh parallelism. 2+ years after the playstation devkits were finalized meant quite a lot of difference when it comes to the computers they're developing on.
>>
>>318342084
>skybox
but you can just walk over there.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.