[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Find Vault Tec Rep guy at Goodneighbour. >Tell him to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: Screenshot-Original.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Find Vault Tec Rep guy at Goodneighbour.
>Tell him to go to Sactuary. Promise I'll visit him.
>Make him feel better after living through these 200 years giving him some hope.
>Get lost in quests and nearly forget about him then decide to visit him in Sanctuary.
>Can't find him anywhere.
>Oh god.

Pic related.
>>
Pic also related.

How the hell did he die though? Who in Sanctuary could have killed him?
>>
File: Nick_Valentine.png (1 MB, 828x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nick_Valentine.png
1 MB, 828x1080
>>318341229
Get Nick Valentine to solve the case
>>
>>318341229

You don't think OP could've made all this up could you?
>>
>>318342052
Am OP and I couldn't make this up if I tried.
>>
>>318341897
I thought about it. But then I thought "Maybe i'll just kill Marcy. She seems more than likely the culprit."
Or Jun.
>>
>>318342557

Really, you couldn't? Killing an npc and making up a story is beyond you?
>>
>>318342813
I like the Vault Tec-rep and I'm going through it as a good guy.
Seriously, I can't ever play games as bad guys and unecessarily murdering NPC's.
>>
>>318341229
>Who in Sanctuary could have killed him?
you mean other then the plethora of enemies that make there way through there?
>>
>>318343000
I've not ever had any raiders or super mutants attack Sanctuary.
Red Rocket I have but not Sanctuary. And I've been playing about 1 day and 19 hours total.
>>
Aren't settlers immortal unless killed by the player?
>>
>>318341229
>>318341897
HE DIED OF LONELINESS YOU FUCKING MORONIC CUNT SHARTS
>>
>>318343254
That happens?
>>
>>318341108
>send him to sanctuary
>want to keep him in sanctuary but there are too many retarded settlers
>send him down to the castle because there are plenty of fun people down there
>give him heavy weapons and ammunition because he deserves it
i wish i could have told him he was better off not being in the vault cause all the workers died along with everyone else
>>
>>318342923
You should try it. I'm playing it as a mostly good guy but sometimes do bad shit and its hilarious. Like in the institute [spoilers]when those guys in bioscience lock themselves in the lab protesting you replacing your son as the leader. I was nice and talked them out of it with no conflict, only to end up finishing the quest by telling the council member to execute them[/spoiler] I couldn't stop laughing my ass off for some reason, probably because it was jarring considering how peaceful the quest played out until that point.
>>
>>318343540
That does sound hilarious.
>>
>>318342923
im half way between good guy.
but it's really hard when the minute men are all needy little fucks
>>
>>318343540
>doing the brotherhood quest
>run into the dumbass feeding the feral ghouls
>tell him it's okay and he said that he will find some other way to feed them
>go to the commander and out him as the one stealing supplies and that he was feeding ghouls under the base
i don't feel bad about it too
>>
Shit man first thing I did was visit him
I dont quite understand the stuff you can do with him, but he chills out with the people there and its part of the settlement, so its all good
>>
>>318344069
You can put him up as one of the market vendors.
>>
You'd think after 200 years he'd find a new set of clothes.
>>
>>318344347
but then the retarded players won't know who it is...

that always bugs me about that bullshit.
>how do we convey that they are this character
>lets just have them wear the same clothing
cartoons do this all the time when they make young versions or older versions of characters
>>
>>318344347

BE
THE
SDA
>>
>>318344347
That's his Vault-Tec uniform. He IS Vault-Tec.
If he changes clothes he'll forfeit those steak knives.
>>
>>318344069
If you assign him to a tier 3 general shop, it'll become a tier 4 store with a couple unique items.
>>
I just gave him a job at one of my stores, I was annoyed when my character wasn't all that confident in how his salesman abilities would be useful despite settlement stores being a thing.
>>
>>318344647
But I can't make tier 3 ones because you need two ranks of that useless piss perk. Plus the stands become so big they can't fit indoors.
>>
>>318343169
Most nameless settlers can die from random attacks
>Abernathy farms under attack
>quicktravel there
>find myself in the middle of a group of synths
>kill them all but still hear gunshots
>notice that two of my villagers have laser weapons and are marked as enemies
>after killing them check the population and see that the count went down by 2
fucking railroad SJWs
>>
>>318344784
one of the reasons i hate the voiced protagonist
he says some really dumb shit
>>
>>318344953
they were probably synths as well
>>
>>318345023
The game definitely feels lazily written
>BoS HATE anything that they consider an abomination of technology that could threaten to decimate mankind like the bombs
>immediately ask me to secure a fort filled with mini nukes and say that fatmen are regularly used by them
>>
>>318344953
Synths dindu nufiin
>>
>>318345135
Yes, they had Synth components.
>>
>>318345361
that's the eastern brotherhood for you
western brotherhood had a codex to follow and regularly knows what tech should be retrieved and kept in a vault

the eastern is full of raging retards

the midwest brotherhood allows everyone to join the brotherhood even ghouls
>>
This is a false flag insider job thread.

Don't believe what OP is telling you. He purposely assassinated the VaultTech salesman just to make a thread. Notice how the first few posts are him replying to himself.
>>
He asked you to visit him when he gets there, and he tells you he's so lonely and them he gets so happy that you talked to him again after sending him to Sanctuary.
Not even kidding, he probably commited suicide because you told him to go somewhere and you never talked to him again.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-30+at+02.14.09).jpg (539 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-30+at+02.14.09).jpg
539 KB, 1920x1080
>there are people on /v/ who don't hoard alcohol
>>
File: 1424102676922.jpg (52 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1424102676922.jpg
52 KB, 600x450
>>318347712
>There are limpwristed faggots who put their booze on display like some kind of housewife trying out for a half page spread in a home decor magazine instead of drinking it the moment they find it
>>
Side note: Doing a no stimpacks, no armor survival run with melee + explosives character only character is fucking brutal.

I have to plan out all my battles with mines and vats crits.
>>
I remember back to the first time I played FO1. Early 1998 I think it was. Never before had a game made me feel so tense. I remember the atmosphere so vividly, it was bleak, desperate, genuinely terrifying. Venturing out into a wasteland not knowing if anything was out there, at all.

Slowly coming to learn that what did exist was small societies reduced bronze levels of technology. And at the same time, there was the promise of the Vault, a home your character had spent his entire life in but which you the player never had a chance to experience before being cast out.

This gave you something real to fight for, if nothing else for the chance to get back in, away from the dread and horrors of the outside world. It was amazing, and it has never since been replicated.

With FO4, you KNOW precisely what you'd be walking out into. You already knew there'd be cities and settlements and people, good and bad. There was no way to surprise because the games are so formulaic now. Not necessarily worse, but lacking that same atmosphere which made Fallout such a unique experience. And Bethesda can't replicate it, but you can't hold that against them. The problem is, their games don't have an atmosphere of their own to make up for it.

Try to describe the atmosphere of FO4, I don't think you can. Because there really isn't one. No tenseness, no urgency, no fear that you could potentially say the wrong thing and piss off an entire town. No stakes, in short. Everything is made to accommodate you and make your trip as smooth as possible. I miss the danger and "OH YOU FUCKED UP NOW, SON SHOULDN'T HAVE JOKED YOU WERE A RAIDER" element of the first game.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 359x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 359x473
>>318348769
My character is the jim lahey of the wastelands, I have 3 points in idiot savant but 5 intelligence, I tank booze as I find it and carry about 30+ bottles of liquor just to keep the thing proccing.
>>
>>318347712
This image makes me anxious knowing that slightly bumping into the table will send the bottles all over the place.
>>
>>318351994
This is exactly why I haven't bothered decorating yet. I put a few cigarettes and pool cues on a table and my settlers have already knocked them all off and the cigarettes fell through the fucking table.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.