[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good space games with turn-based combat? Bonus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg (179 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
179 KB, 1280x800
Are there any good space games with turn-based combat?

Bonus points for customizable ships.
>>
File: BONK.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BONK.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>318339245
>turn based anything

why tho

flotilla comes to mind but among the coolest part of a proper space game will be direct, real-time input and feedback.
>>
>>318339464
I've played those kinds of games to death and turn based strategy games are fun.
>>
>>318339245
off the top of my head,
>Masters of orion 2 in dosBox ye oldie
>sword of the stars 1&2 space 4X with turn based empire management but RTS combat
>FTL turn based rougelite
>>
>>318340150
forgot to add distant worlds, it is another space 4X but it is realtime, despite that you can pause the game so you can technically play it like a turn based game by pausing to plan your next move.
>>
>>318340150
Sword of the stars is great, I played the shit out of the bee race, but I'm really looking for turn based stuff.

FTL seems alright, I'll check it out.
>>
File: aurora.jpg (438 KB, 1575x1003) Image search: [Google]
aurora.jpg
438 KB, 1575x1003
Aurora.
You might need some adderall or a little bit of autism to enjoy playing it, though.
>>
>>318339464
What is this gorgeous looking game?
>>
File: 1447380119999.gif (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1447380119999.gif
48 KB, 600x600
>>318340665
and I thought EVE was spergy....

might try it for shits and giggles anyway
>>
>>318339245
Infinite space sort of has turn base fighting
>>
>>318340870
Elite: Dangerous

The gameplay is basically that webm over and over again.
>>
>>318341551
You don't even understand, do you? Look at that picture again. Look at it. Tell me what you see.

Do you think that you're just designing ships and missiles? Do you?

That's not even the half of it. You need to design engines. You terraform planets by moving gasses around. Did you know that you can genetically engineer your colonists to make them more receptive to inhospitable planets?

Tell me, do you even transport infrastructure?
>>
>>318340650
masters of orion 2 fits your description perfectly despite being an old game.

It is a turn based 4X from empire management all the way down to combat You can customize your ships firing arcs hull, armour, shields and what have you. Pretty much the game that defined the genre.

Stardrive 2 seems similar but I haven't tried it not sure if it would qualify as a good game especially after the dev ditched stardrive 1 so early.
>>
>>318344880
>You need to design engines
Scratch that.
You need to research multiple avenues of tech, use the fruits of those labours to design an engine, prototype said engine, THEN you can add it to your ships.
>>
>>318340650
>>318345139
Galactic Civilizations and MOO2 are the defacto options for core Space Empire 4X. There's also Endless Space.

You may also want to check out Star Ruler, FreeOrion, and Horizon (it's a MOO2 clone, get it cheap because it's pretty shitty. Otherwise, it's a totally okay 4X.).

You might also get some enjoyment out of Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. Star Wolves might also work. These are both realtime.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.