[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys do with Mr. House on your first play through?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 37
File: Mrhousescren.jpg (95 KB, 620x352) Image search: [Google]
Mrhousescren.jpg
95 KB, 620x352
What did you guys do with Mr. House on your first play through?
>>
>>318338695
Killed him. Went with Yes Man. I wanted to run Vegas myself than be someone else's puppet.
>>
I ran into his "secret" room and shut him down the second I finished my conversation with him.
>>
File: 1428753378924.jpg (10 KB, 210x173) Image search: [Google]
1428753378924.jpg
10 KB, 210x173
>That vanilla lighting
I forgot the game could look like that.
>>
>>318338695
Went moralfag NCR and killed him. Pretty much any playthrough after I joined him though. So many different kinds of characters can join up with him
>>
>>318338695
>there are people who don't use the golf club to kill him
>>
>>318341047
There are people who -still- don't side with Robert House, the last best hope for humanity.
>>
>>318338695

i was a massive pleb and skipped through everything and just thought he was a baddie so i killed him the moment i got the chance
>>
Killed him, then went Independent. I still have yet to finish a House or Legion sided playthrough.
>>
>>318340726
Vanilla New Vegas looks worse than Vanilla Fallout 3 in my opinion.
>>
>update drivers to play fallout 4
>NV starts stutters to the point that it's unplayable
>>
File: 1427493454281.jpg (362 KB, 682x508) Image search: [Google]
1427493454281.jpg
362 KB, 682x508
>>318341047
Did it for the achievement and immediately reloaded a previous save when I realized what a monster I had become
>>
>Listen to his opening speech
>"Sure whatever"
>Explore every nook and cranny in Lucky 38
>"Oh hey, a terminal"
>Hack it, suddenly everybody in the building wants me dead
>Run through the door it revealed to get to safety
>Find House, feel like an idiot
>Kill him just to see happens
>Reload save and eventually help him after 30+ hours of dicking around
>>
>>318341047
Between his looks and the future-50's Fallout aesthetics, I too can't think of anything but Andrew Ryan when I see him.
>>
>>318338781
I also did this.
>>
First time I sided with him 100%. Second time I went Yes Man, but I got as far as I could in the House line without pissing him off.
>>
>>318338695
Never even met him until he popped up on the screen in Caesar's bunker. I got distracted with the whole Benny thing and forgot to go to him.
>>
>>318338695
i hacked the terminal in his house not knowing what it would lead to, and then discovered him in the basement

i think i maxed science and lockpick before i bothered even speaking to House
>>
>>318338695
>A slave obeys
>>
I just went through a good chunk of the game, got to 15, did Old World Blues for the first time, laughed my ass off at the Apeture Science tier dialog, wound up at 25 with a fair supply of 100 skills.

Should I just do Lonesome Road, or finish the core plot first? I did the Madre on another playthrough ages back, and only vaugely remember bullet sponge hillbillies in the other one
>>
>>318343403
lonesome road is probably the most disappointing DLC for me except for maybe honest hearts
>>
>>318341685
both of them are based off the same guy
>>
>>318343505
Now, is that because the gameplay and level design is bad, or because this Ulysses fuck cannot at all live up to the level of hype theyve given him? The hell kind of history can you even have with a fallout player character anyways
>>
>>318343505
>honest hearts

fuck, i wanted to like it so much, but it moved by so quickly. felt pretty small, especially compared to dead money & owb. I did all the side quests, and still finished it in 3-4 hours. graham was a great character, though
>>
>>318343704
Both to me. Felt really bland the whole way through.
>>
since i have multiple skills at a hundred, is there a mod that takes the game past that? Or scales things up beyond it? I'm oneshotting everything. i could just turn game difficulty up i suppose, but...
>>
Ultimately, House had the best plan for Vegas in the end. Wanted to rekindle industry like it was before the war and turn New Vegas into an economic power house with where people have fucking jobs.
>>
>>318344629
>jobs
>good

Fuck off wagekek
>>
>>318344749
>Fuck off wagekek
you need to be 18+ to be on this board anon
>>
File: lIujCU6.gif (974 KB, 255x138) Image search: [Google]
lIujCU6.gif
974 KB, 255x138
>>318338695
I played along with him long enough to figure out what he was doing and hear his plans then backstabbed him like an asshole. Then I went and backstabbed Legion, the NCR and Brotherhood.

>Pic related who I played as
>>
>>318344749
So jobs are bad to you? Did you manage to deep throat the entirety of Caesar's cock or did you gag a little?
>>
>>318344946
>>318345254
Fuck off normies, this site isn't for you.
>>
killed him

I didn't like the way he talked to me
>>
>>318338695
Sided with him. Having to slaughter the brotherhood made me hesitate but it became clear they were fucking morons digging their own grave anyway.
Still let them go out in a nice firefight instead of blowing the bunker up though.
>>
>>318345029
Shit, now I have a build to make.

How do you stat Ocelot? Obviously Cowboy is your first priority, and getting Lucky for early game, plenty of Speech and Sneak and Guns, fuck energy weapons forever...Hrmnnn.
>>
>>318343520
>>318341685
yeah man, they're both based on Howard Hughes
>>
I ate him.
>>
>>318338781
>implying you know dick all about running NV

At least Mr. House has resources all ready to go.
>>
I tried to do a playthrough with him, but the BoS part just made me kill him.

>Kill the BoS
No
>You have to.
I'm not going to kill innocent people
>They're thugs! Murderers! Awful people! We have no place for them here.
>I'm the good guy though, remember that.

Murdered him right then and there.
>>
>>318345831
That's pretty much what I did. I didn't use armour for most of the game until it became too dangerous to do so. I used Boone's hat and the Merc Troublemaker's outfit. Didn't use VATS much myself but it would be very 'Ocelot' to do stupid trickshots in VATS.
>>
>>318343505
>>318343704
>>318343403

I though the level design itself was fine, but I'm okay with it being linear.
Ulysses was a huge letdown though, they really shouldn't have built up so much shit about him, it was impossible to live up to it.
Don't talk him down by the way, you just rob yourself of an actually decent fight.
>>
>>318346101
Ironically doing Veronica's quest is what should've tipped you off that House is right about them.
They might have a few okay people but they're broken at the core and refuse to accept it.
>>
>>318345454
Back to reddit you go```````````````
>>
File: constant.jpg (910 KB, 1920x850) Image search: [Google]
constant.jpg
910 KB, 1920x850
>>318346101
>helping the brotherhood
>>
>>318346516
Yeah, and instead of being a genocidal maniac for House you can fix them.

So I did.
>>
>>318346101
There's cut dialog that suggests you could have changed House's mind about the BoS. It was most likely cut because Obsidian wanted House to seem unwavering in his plan. You could also download a mod if it bothers you that much.
>>
honest hearts has the best character though
RIP Survivalist
>>
>>318346725
I heard it was because most players would side with house because it's the easiest to do, don't have to kill any minor factions.
>>
>>318338695
I joined him.
>>
>>318346630
>helping humanity in any shape
I guess turning Earth into a shitshow wasn't enough, gotta destroy it completely.
>>
>>318346725
It would make zero sense for the brotherhood to tolerate his securitron army. He knows that and wants them gone before they regain enough strength to cause problems.
>>
>>318343704
The gameplay is a fun challenge but it's all shootan besides talking to Ulysses.
The level design was fine in my opinion, albeit a bit linear. Watch out for Satchel Charges :^)
>>
>>318346640
>"You can fix them"
>Either install someone who will wage a bloody and futile war against the NCR or keep the guy who accepts that they're going to die out in charge
>Every ending where Veronica remains with the BoS has her as a loner, ostracized by her peers and forever unhappy

Also it was originally intended for you to be able to talk House out of destroying the BoS. Most of the quest flags and dialog are still there. They disabled it before release because without it House is an absolute good; but considering the BoS is happy to die out or turn into glorified raiders, it's not that big a loss.
>>
File: received_10154057653298327.jpg (24 KB, 367x461) Image search: [Google]
received_10154057653298327.jpg
24 KB, 367x461
I seriously think Ceasar is the best hope for humanity. The bombs blasted humanity back farther than the other factions realize. The best model of civilization to adapt in a world inhabited by tribals and radioactive niggers is that of Rome. Eventually you can work your way up to the Democratic model that the NCR wants, but you can't just skip all the steps you have to take when you've essentially reset humanity.

Plus, NCR is more concerned about taxing their territories than defending them. Their soldiers mean well but the leadership does not. Arizona has no raider problems whatsoever. No chem addicts, no sleazy merchants, just a good atmosphere so long as you don't piss off or cause interference with the legion, which isn't really that hard.

House is a genius but he's a sociopath. His grand scheme is all about scientific advancement, but he lacks so much humanity that he thinks policing his civilians with rolling televisions is the best route to take.

Yes man seems like the generic good guy ending, but all the courier is doing is picking and choosing which tribe stays and leaves simply based off of how much he/she "likes" them. Thats no different than houses vision, the courier just isn't a super genius. He's just a shmuck who got dragged into shit that's way over his head, stumbling over every rock in the wastleand that just so happened to have a platinum chip or equivalent underneath it.
>>
File: 1448653484013.png (441 KB, 792x958) Image search: [Google]
1448653484013.png
441 KB, 792x958
>>318346995
>The BoS
>helping humanity
>>
File: 1425708115966.png (34 KB, 223x223) Image search: [Google]
1425708115966.png
34 KB, 223x223
>>318347136
>Satchel Charges
>>
>>318347251
Slavery is entirely unacceptable. I will never do a Legion run.
>>
>>318347293
They're helping themselves. After they're the only ones left on Earth, they'll be THE humanity.
>>
>>318347385
The NCR engages in slavery too. They just call them "prisoners" instead.
>>
>>318347690
>someone who commits a crime and has to work as part of their sentence
>NCR is brutal and awful! They have slaves too!

Legionfags, everyone.
>>
>>318347690
At least the NCR doesn't throw an entire gender into slavery.
>>
>>318347251
I'd be for the Legion more if there were more soldiers like Ceaser. But if you look at the differences between Ceaser ending and Lanius's ending, the brutality in a simple leader change is horrifying.
>>
File: 1435468060471.jpg (37 KB, 349x451) Image search: [Google]
1435468060471.jpg
37 KB, 349x451
>>318347251
>House is a genius but he's a sociopath. His grand scheme is all about scientific advancement, but he lacks so much humanity that he thinks policing his civilians with rolling televisions is the best route to take.
His entire game plan is about how he wants to bring humanity back to its pre-war glory without reinstating the governments that brought it all to the brink of destruction. In a large way this is about technology for him, because technology has always been his passion and the place where he excels; but he is not a "sociopath" by any means. If you betray him he laments the fact that you and him could have done so much for the world together, but your short-sighted greed ruined any possibility of that happening. People often mistake House's inability to do anything with an unwillingness to do anything. He spent almost 100 years slipping in and out of a coma. He scrambled to intercept the NCR who would have otherwise dug in like ticks and levied all manner of taxes on top of New Vegas citizens. Even with his limited resources, House could have easily rolled right over the local tribes; but instead he offered them the choice to work for him. There were rules like no eating people, sure, but he allowed each family to be pretty much autonomous and to become extremely wealthy as a result.

House's ending talks about how he is directly influenced by the Courier, about how he is either thankful for or fearful of the Courier, and about how under the shared rule of House and the Courier the Mojave remains stable for decades to come. These are not the things you attribute to a sociopath. House gives you a sweet place to live, no strings attached.

House focuses on technology and infrastructure while he leaves the day to day, human element to the Courier. The other factions give you paltry rewards and tell you to piss off. The Legion is very finite; even if you take care of Caesar's cancer he is still an old man with no appropriate heir.
>>
>>318348052
Everyone in the legion are slaves. The men and women just have different roles.
Not defending it mind you, but the game makes that clear enough.
>>
>>318338695
Helped him. He is the one hope for humanity. Every wannabe anarchist faggot edgelord will disagree with me.
>>
>>318348259
Yeah, and the roles of the females, even the skilled ones are apparently "fuck holes".
>>
>>318348217
>betray him because he grows increasingly dictatorial
>sadly, you were just too greedy, minion. Even though I was making you do increasingly harder tasks.

I really, really hate House.
>>
>>318348052
IIRC the males are slaves too. Women are forced to fuck and men are forced to fight. Most don't survive long enough to attain a socially respectable position as high ranking military personnel.
It's bad for almost everybody, really.
>>
>>318344946
>>318345254
Normies leave
>>
>>318348521
No, not if they're too old or too young.
>>
>>318348521
The role of the males is "cannon fodder" which really isn't much better.
>>
File: 1291459537387.jpg (2 KB, 90x99) Image search: [Google]
1291459537387.jpg
2 KB, 90x99
>>318348587
>"This almost 300 year old man who helmed one of the industry leaders in the technology sector before the world fell apart is talking down to me, a mailman!"

I wonder why. Also he's the one only reason the Courier's alive.
>>
>>318338781
>>318342089
Until yes man stops you
>>
>>318348521
Yeah, and the men are expected to go into battle with football equipment and machetes against people with assault rifles.
No wonder every female is relegated to breeding duty with how high their casualties inevitability are.
Shit's pretty fucked for everyone.
>>
>>318348856
You can call me a dumbass wastelander. You can call me a loser. You can call me a retard.

But you cannot call me greedy. My character is nothing but pure.
>>
>very first time playing vanilla NV
>start a couple weeks ago
>make my way through the story
>sided with NCR because I'm a boring moralfag
>Around lvl 26 at this point
>go to Lonesome Road right away since I left it half complete almost when I first started playing but was too weak then
>tunnelers take like a bazillion bullets to die even with my "good" guns
>I can take like 6 hits before dying
>haul ass outta there and skip it
>then bridge packed with Deathclaws
>literally kill me in 2 hits

What the fuck am I doing wrong? Before calling me a scrub consider I hadn't ever played a Fallout game up until a couple weeks ago.
>>
>>318349214
>Starting lonesome road first
Start with dead money, honest hearts old world blues and finally LR
>>
>>318349214
A. Did you do the other DLCs before Lonesome Road

B. Deathclaws are hard as shit, of course they can wreck you.

You're not bad, you're just bewildered that one of the strongest damn enemies in the game can kill you quickly. Of course they can. I had to abuse the damn rocks for a while to kill them.
>>
>>318348856
>and why he got shot in the head

House treats you like a pawn.
Leaving the platinum chip in the hands of a single level 1 mailman shmuck and saying its to avoid attention is evidence enough he doesn't give a flying fuck about you.

Being awarded a presidential suite he can't physically inhabit and throwing loads of bottle caps at you calling it currency is also evidence. Anyone that thinks house is giving them "the hook up" also probably believes they got their car at the lowest price from a dealership. Because the man in the suit said so.

Ceasar doesn't bullshit you. You work hard for him, he works hard for you. Doesn't rip you off, doesn't fuck you over.

"Oooooh but slavery is wrong"

Who is ceasar going to enslave? Chem addicts? Uneducated profligate women? Raiders? Imagine if every single enemy you killed in new Vegas was put into slavery instead of left as a naked corpse on the ground. You would have alot prettier of a wall around new Vegas, and alot cleaner freeside.
>>
File: 1434885488634.jpg (27 KB, 291x463) Image search: [Google]
1434885488634.jpg
27 KB, 291x463
>>318349196
If you choose to murder House for Yes Man, you're a greedy prick. Not to mention the Legion and NCR are both horribly incompetent.

>Caesar has no heir in place and no immediate plans to prepare one, despite having cancer
>Doesn't even have a proper successor, so control of the Legion automatically defaults to a literal savage who hates the Frumentarii with a passion (who Caesar himself admits would be a horrible leader)

Then you have the NCR:
>Corrupt at the highest level, Kimball will do anything to save his sinking career while Oliver is so desperate to outshine Hanlon he is throwing troopers to the wolves
>The Mojave has become a money sink that is testing the limits of the NCR to the point where deep schisms within the military are occurring and troops openly mock their commanders as incompetent

House's ending at least gets Kimball and Oliver publicly shamed; they're rightfully blamed for all the failures in the Mojave and the NCR military returns to California. NCR citizens however are still welcome because House wants to foster an economy.
>>
I broke in and put him down. Why the fuck should anyone listen to a withering old shit who is communicating through a computer acting like a 30 year old.
>>
>>318338695
My first playthough I was snooping around and found the terminal that led to his hideout. Ended up having to kill him since I was getting chased down by sentry bots.
>>
>>318349753
there isn't really any good ending, is there? Even a 'good' ending has that 'but at what cost!' vibe
>>
File: 1409013452024.png (62 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1409013452024.png
62 KB, 240x240
>>318349662
>>and why he got shot in the head
You got shot in the head because of Yes Man. He even laughs in your face about it.

>House treats you like a pawn.
That's why after just being betrayed by the first confidant he had taken in 200 years, he invites you in, sets you up with a posh apartment and pays you to retrieve the platinum chip despite your previous failure; also he's the only one who keeps you around as his right hand post-game. Material gifts during the game aside, the ending slides state outright that the Courier shapes how he rules the Mojave directly.

Caesar's reward for all your hard work? You get your face on a coin. Were the Weathers worthy of enslaving? Also, they don't enslave chem addicts - they murder them. Pretty sure you popped plenty of chems during your playthrough. Also none of that makes up for the fact that Caesar has no viable gameplan for the Legion after he dies. inb4 "New Vegas ibs his Rome," when the idiot is stationed in a forward camp while suffering from brain disease and very likely to die.
>>
>>318350101
Of course, but House is the closest to an absolute good. If you encourage the Kings to resist the NCR, House will let them run Freeside. The only real downside to his ending is destroying the Brotherhood (which you can restore the ability to not have to do, anyways) and having evil karma.
>>
>>318338695
I killed him because I was "muh democracy" when I was a teenager.
>>
>>318346101
But the BoS are massive cunts. No matter who you pick, you get a better ending if you wipe them out.
>>
>>318349753
Why isn't Lanius a decent successor to Caesar?
>>
working for house I kind of felt like the darth vader to his sheev
>>
>>318349534
Honestly didn't know there was a more comfortable order to go through. Only reason I did LR first is because the canyon wreckage was one of the first landmarks I ran into and the objective got stuck in the list throughout the whole game when curiosity got the best of me and went in.

>>318349606
A. No, but I will now for sure.
B. I figured. Was hoping I could at least do with what I had but seems like that won't be happening just yet.
>>
>>318338695
he seem like the only one with a rational mind so yea i worked with him without some stupid agenda and stuck to the natural order.
>>
>>318347690
>>318347385
House doesn't engage in slavery of any sort. House confirmed one true faction
>>
My first playthrough had a bit of a sad ending, I didnt even finish it.
>Decide to join NCR from an early point after seeing how shitty the legion was in nipton
>Get to house and he tells me to get the chip from benny
>Benny outplays me because i couldnt pass the speech check
>House gets mad at me for losing the chip again
>See his terminal off to the side
>Decide to fuck with it and open his secret door
>Walk in his room and kill him
>Go to Caesars camp
>My dumbass didnt see the entrance to caesars tent so i walked around aimlessly for 20 minutes after killing everyone
>Start the game over because i wanted to try an energy weapons character
And ive still never beat the game as NCR.
>>
>>318350478
Because Lanius doesn't really care about the ideals of the Legion. He's the Frank Horrigan of the Legion though frank would tear him a new asshole
>>
New Vegas being independent is not good.

People act like helping House is some moral thing to do when it isn't. Only degenerates live in New Vegas. NCR and Legion are better options, the latter being better because it mirrors the Ancients the most.
>>
>>318349662
>Who is ceasar going to enslave?
Literally everyone in the Legion aside from Caesar are slaves
>>
>>318350478
Caesar is willing to compromise in order to succeed. Vulpes, for example, would have been executed when he disoebeyed orders, were Lanius in charge. Instead, Caesar saw the fact that he saw a better opportunity and took it, despite orders, as a gift and let him join the Frumentarii. On the other hand, Lanius is very much a traditional warrior. He hates the Frumentarii and their underhanded ways. Also, most importantly, Lanius doesn't give a shit about Caesar's goals or his beliefs. He is loyal to the man, not the ideals. So even if the Legion somehow managed to hold together in the long term under his rule, it would cease to be Caesar's Legion. Lanius is still pretty new to being the Legate; before that was Graham, who despite also having a blood lust was still a far better option than Lanius.

Vulpes himself, despite being well-versed and devoted to many of Caesar's beliefs, wouldn't make a very good replacement for Caesaer either. There's a lot of mistrust for the Frumentarii within the Legion. They're seen as weak because they spy and slip in among the enemy rather than fighting. Caesar has done so much work to amass a slave army without passing on his core values. That is why the Legion is doomed to fail once he's gone. The only thing that could save it is if he found an heir with as much charisma and passion as him who was beloved by all factions within the Legion while understanding and progenating Caesar's laws.
>>
>>318349534
>>318350492
Honest Hearts is probably best to do first. Kind of easy enemies, doesn't switch up the gameplay as much as Dead Money does as well. IMO best order is HH -> OWB -> DM -> LR
>>
>>318350482
Pretty much. You're his right hand man, except your leader isn't a living, breathing meme with a silly name
>>
>>318350416
>Implying pissing off Moore and killing at little people at possible isn't the best possible route
Gonna need all the able bodies in the Mojave alive when the Tunnelers begin to roll in
>>
>>318350989
There was a plan to show a town under Legion rule that never made the cut. basically once the Legion conquered a territory they enslaved tribes and killed all the fiends, raiders, chem-heads and shit; if they found civilized towns they forced them to live under Caesar's law which was an entire new type of hell where neighbors would constantly rat on each other over dumb shit. Legion rule is basically about sacrificing freedom for security.
>>
>>318350478
>Caesar realizes how useful The Followers are, lets them be and even offers some help for them
>Lanius crucifies all The Followers

>Caesar loves Arcade Gannon's wittiness. mourns his death for months
>Lanius immediately crucifies him

Caesar was cruel for a greater cause. Lanius is just cruel. I'd be more willing to side with the Legion if Caesar had his Augustus.
>>
>>318350145
>You got shot in the head because of Yes Man. He even laughs in your face about it.
?
>>
>>318351714
He's the one who tracks you down for Benny. When you meet him for the first time and confront him with the fact that you're the Courier Benny shot, he continues to laugh about it before commenting that it's "not funny."
>>
>>318351714
Did you talk to him? He'll state they he's the one who found out that out of the six couriers delivering shit you were the one with the chip and found the best place for benny to take you out.
>>
>>318351835
Well, no hard feelings. Its in his programming.
>>
>>318351154
Thanks anon, I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>tfw you have have replayed NV 5+ times and have always gone house.
>>
>>318352739
I keep wanting to replay NV and try a different route but i cant bring myself to NOT side with house. He is TOO based.
>>
File: 1446685677871.jpg (3 KB, 125x97) Image search: [Google]
1446685677871.jpg
3 KB, 125x97
>>318343403
>laughed my ass off at the Apeture Science tier dialog

>there are middle schoolers on /v/ RIGHT NOW
>>
>>318349753
No, I chose to murder him because I believed he wasn't best for New Vegas. House can blubber all he wants.

I believe in true freedom, not House manufactured™ freedom.
>>
>>318353214
>There are people who call cheesy science fiction tropes from the 60s 'apeture science humor'
>>
File: Sad Azusanyan.jpg (35 KB, 478x483) Image search: [Google]
Sad Azusanyan.jpg
35 KB, 478x483
>>318338695
>tfw I have never completed a single run of New Vegas desptie having done 1000+ hours over multiple save files and characters.
I can't bring myself to do it I just can't. I don't want to end the game and lose all of my accumulated shit, all those unspent caps, all those unused guns and ammunition wasting away and all that food and alcohol going to waste. If the game could continue on and let me see how things panned out I would finish it right now.
>>
>>318354001
just save right before the final fight you dingus
>>
>>318354001
When you finish the game, it starts you off at the exact save before the final battle.
>>
First playthough here. Just got to Nipton, the town Caesar's Legion slaughtered.

Murdered all the Legion recruits and whats his face, then searched the building, read the mayors computer.

Both were pretty shit, but I don't regret my choice. Legion seems like a pretty shit group.
>>
>>318338695

I joined him. He seemed the most efficient ruler when compared to the NCR and the Legion.

Killing the BoS was rough, but I tought it was a small price for lasting peace in the Mojave.
>>
File: Won the lottery.jpg (108 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Won the lottery.jpg
108 KB, 1680x1050
>>318354652
eyy
>>
>there are people who sided with house
>there are people who rolled a high INT high CHA character and sided with house

you realize with high CHA, INT, the power of Big MT, and an actual fucking body you are far more suited to rule vegas than house, right? Not to mention Independent is basically the head canon ending, since with you ruling you can say you were benevolent to all the factions you helped recruit etc etc

i dont understand why people dont go indy for their first run. The only reason I can come up with is that House is so damn likeable it's hard to bring yourself to killing him
>>
File: end my suffering.jpg (17 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
end my suffering.jpg
17 KB, 228x221
>All that cut content
>There was even going to be post-ending content
>>
I supersledged his body into paste and then ate it, I proceeded to do that with everyone else in the wasteland as well. There is literally not one person alive in that save.
>>
>>318354832
>high stats
>the technology and power of Big MT and the Think Tanks
>the near unlimited resources of food, ammo and medicine from the DM vending machine.
>the large quantities of plant matter from the Zion Canyon that can be broken down and converted into other forms.
>the sheer amount of capital in form of caps, Legion coin and NCR paper from the loot, weapons, gold and other valuable goods that has been retrieved by the Courier.
All of the above not to mention the physical prowess of the Courier dependent on the build makes the him/her a very powerful person indeed. I'd go as far as to say if not one of the most powerful person in history of the entire Fallout franchise.
>>
File: 487950934534.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
487950934534.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
>>318340726
>ENBfags
>>
>>318348954

It's confirmed that Yes Man is totally loyal to the owner of the Lucky 38 once he's been uploaded there.
>>
NCR is the only choice.
>>
File: 1415928734122.png (299 KB, 1179x897) Image search: [Google]
1415928734122.png
299 KB, 1179x897
>>318350989
>>
>>318357125
its true though
>>
>>318338695

I needed him out of the way to go Independent, so I took him out of his tube. I was going to let him live on, but he begged me to put him out of his misery so I popped him once in the head with a .22. Very clean.

That character wasn't usually big on murder, but it was necessary for the good of the people.
>>
Is there a mod out there that allows me to follow the House route without blowing up my BoS bros?
>>
>>318348217
*tipped*
>>
>>318360003
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37729/?
>>
>>318351651
>Caesar recognizes Hanlon as a worthy advisory, and has him executed by beheading and buried in a marked grave.

>Lanius throws him on a cross like any other NCR goon
>>
I just got to NOVAC, how far in the game am I?
>>
>>318360998
Still got quite a ways to go. I'd call first landing in Vegas as the mid-way point.
>>
Killed for him. Muh libertarian ubermensch
>>
>>318360320
Super danke
>>
>>318338695
Ate him. it's hard eating such a big piece of shit
>>
>>318362437
Ich will dich leiden sehen.
>>
>>318362621

What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>318338695
Became his right hand man of course.
>>
>>318362748
MEAT
OF
CHAMPIONS
>>
File: 1325.jpg (14 KB, 250x207) Image search: [Google]
1325.jpg
14 KB, 250x207
>>318363109
>this perk is more creative than anything in Fallout 4
>>
>>318338695
I killed him.
>>
Became his agent because House is rad as fuck
>>
File: Lieutenant death.gif (248 KB, 208x181) Image search: [Google]
Lieutenant death.gif
248 KB, 208x181
>been playing using the Fallout Mod Manager this entire fucking time
>recently learn that you can use Mod Organizer instead for multiple profiles and all that good shit
Please tell me that there's a way to transfer the data from one to another.
>>
File: 1439128233280.jpg (48 KB, 387x357) Image search: [Google]
1439128233280.jpg
48 KB, 387x357
>>318363109
My cannibal nigga.
>>
>>318338695
Joined him. Killed him in the end and did Independent just to see what it was like, then reloaded and did his ending.
>>
>Independent
>decide to keep BoS around
>Yes man calls you an idiot in his own little way
>>
Anyone got the New Vegas build roll image? Just got the GOTY version and I'm up for a new playthrough.

Also any recommended mods?
>>
sided with him. he made sense and had a solid plan. truly the ideal future for NV. you'd have to be a retard to think otherwise.
>>
>>318338695

Worked with him until he asked me to hurt the NCR.

Then I killed him and worked with Yes Man.

Turns out NCR doesn't like that either, but fuck them. The Courier knows what's best for New Vegas.
>>
>>318343970
Doing Honest Hearts with Animal Friend is hilarious since half the enemies don't give a shit about you
>>
>>318345952
How do you know how well I can run NV, dickweed?
>>
>>318349214
>sided with NCR because I'm a boring moralfag

A true moralfag wouldn't side with greedy, incompetent and corrupt bureaucrats

Siding with House is the moralfag route, inbefore BUT MUH BROTHERHOOD
>>
File: robot_by_zetsumeininja-d7az2lp.jpg (41 KB, 781x759) Image search: [Google]
robot_by_zetsumeininja-d7az2lp.jpg
41 KB, 781x759
What do the Ghost People do with people when they drag them off into the cloud?
>>
>>318340897
I could never finish the NCR quest with the vanilla game. I started a few different save files trying to and I would always lock myself out of the quest some way. One time the game glitched so bad it didn't even generate the guy your supposed to talk to to start the quest on the strip.
>>
>>318364887
>siding with a blatant asshole autocrat is more moral than siding with a benign incompetence
MUH TECHNOCRACY
>>
I ignored him and helped out the NCR, then killed him later.

According to Sawyer that's stastically what most players do their fist playthrough.
>>
File: 5n5Lz20.png (89 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
5n5Lz20.png
89 KB, 399x382
>>318338695
im a merc
>ncr is gay
>legion is gay
house gave me caps, shelter and weapons.
>he became my homie
>>
What I liked about House is that when you're standing over the corpses of NCR Rangers and Legion soldiers at the end of the game, House says the first thing he's going to fix is the tram between the airport and the Strip, it was off schedule by a few seconds. That's what he represents, a clean orderly Vegas, and that's I what believe in
>>
I was thinking of siding with Mr House but I learned that he murders the Kings if they become peaceful with the NCR, which I already made happen. BoS I could maybe live with, but The Kings are based, so I basically have to go NCR or Independent now. The problem is that the NCR is too expansionist and needs to get knocked down a peg. So I guess the only viable ending is Independent, which is great for headcanon but ultimately it leaves the Mojave weak.

Making decisions is too hard, fuck I don't like this amount of moral ambiguity.
>>
>>318366208

>The problem is that the NCR is too expansionist and needs to get knocked down a peg.

What?
>>
>>318365571
merc playthrough is so damn good. Gives you a lot of options, plus you can do most of the NCR's sidequests while keeping it good with House and making mad cash
>>
>>318350478
Caesar is a leader. He understands there's more to the Legion than brute force and crucifying anyone who disagrees with you.

Lanius is a warrior. He's a good general, but he has no head for leadership.

Vulpes isn't even a good successor. His plots get so complicated they eventually backfire on him.
>>
>>318357654
traders are free
>>
>>318366380

I don't oppose NCR as an institution but their "foreign policy" is basically grabbing up as much land as they can without regards for the consequences. The NCR is bloated enough as it is, taking over the Mojave will just stretch them out even further and make the leadership even more cocky. They need to be humbled.

Also I liked Hanlon and he wanted the NCR to withdraw.
>>
>>318338695
you do know being with him at the end makes you the jewish equivalent of "friend" aka biz partner

you wont be his dog but more like a trusted biz associate
>>
File: AA3123234254.gif (964 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
AA3123234254.gif
964 KB, 500x200
>>318366575
> "The House always wins."
>>
>>318364995
Either stuff them in a suit to make them a Ghost Person, or just leave the body to rot. Probably the former.

Also why didn't the military seize the ridiculously advanced tech this random casino in Nevada was holding in order to create an invincible hologram army?
>>
I went NCR the first time, reloaded a save and went Yes Man, then I played house.

I tried 2 legion runs, but I stopped half way through both times.

I do house every time now.
>>
File: NCR.png (3 MB, 1600x2162) Image search: [Google]
NCR.png
3 MB, 1600x2162
>>318366906
No one knows where it is. You see no explorers except the victims of Elijah and once residents and the NCR?

They got stopped by a turret system in Helios One. They couldn't handle the cloud.
>>
>>318367120
No I mean before the war. The government was desperate for new weapons, and the Sierra Madre has some world-changing stuff.
>>
>>318366817

After nearly a century they're finally moving out of California and only in order to grab an incredibly valuable piece of land. Vegas and the Dam both have serious economic and strategic importance. They'd be insane to not be interested.

They aren't expansionist. They're highly isolationist in the most American of ways. The politicians see a freight train coming (the legion taking the place of the central powers) and know that the long term viability of their nation depends on action now despite a population that is highly disinterested from foreign politics.
>>
>>318366969
>mojave brotherhood of steel is magically the good guys now

what the fuck am i reading? Theyre not "good," theyre basically the bitch boys of the NCR

the brotherhood is such a weird faction. The writers of whatever next game features them really need to think carefully on how to portray them as true to their original ideals, not complete faggots, and not complete moralfags that ignore their codex, all at the same time
>>
>>318367219
The US gov't had Big MT they didn't
need the Sierra Madre, they got their tech from the same place.

Why didn't the US latch onto Hologram tech? Who knows? They had sentry bots and other shit instead.
>>
>>318367367
>mojave brotherhood of steel is magically the good guys now
Where does it say that?
>>
>>318367367
Fallout as a whole has some pretty fluid lore. It pretty much changes from game to game, mostly because writers just use old factions to shape their narrative. For example, I guarantee you at some point there will be a "good" Enclave who split away from the main body Enclave that came to whatever new setting to bring democracy and freedom to the wasteland.
>>
>>318352739
>tfw you have played NV 7 times and you always got bored of working for any other faction and went to yes man
>>
>>318367714
in new vegas the remnants (with the exception of orion) were pretty relaxed and all admitted the brass of the enclave were fucked up and that they regretted their sins, but also maintained that there were lots of good people in the enclave as a whole

id fucking love to see a game where a faction is the remnants who arent all "MUTIE FUCKIN SHITS OUT" but arent a complete 180 from the original enclave. Seeing them fight for murican democracy even though america is dead would be pretty cool
>>
>>318367714
Bethesda seems to miss this. They went in the polar opposite direction of 3's brotherhood without satisfactorily explaining his transition to Punished Maxson.
>>
>tfw I ignored the main quest completely and just explored
am I the only one? Did this with FO3 and Skyrim as well. All three had boring main quests.
>>
>tfw ate ceaser
>tfw ate Oliver
>tfw ate house
>>
>>318367989
Not alone in that regard. I was lvl 43 when I bothered to start the main quest in skyrim
>>
>>318367874
The current speculation is bumping into Colonel Autumn after he's been humbled by the Lone Wanderer and having him lead a more moderate Enclave chapter.

>>318367921
>Punished Maxson
Well, he got keked by the Lone Wanderer. It fucked him up pretty badly.
>>
I almost wish he wouldn't wipe out the Kings for making peace with the NCR, but then again the NCR is a bunch of parasites.
>>
>>318364719
You got shot in the head
>>
>>318368314

Getting shot in the head actually helped in OWB though.
>>
>>318368314
>get shot in the head
>someone all the major players of the mojave still cant do dick all without me spoonfeeding them

the courier is the most overpowered motherfucker in the mojave by a long shot, probably in the entire fallout universe

he could probably shit all over frank
>>
>>318368941
The courier is a god damned cyborg with potential access to WMDs and the keys to Vegas. Shits cash.
>>
>>318351651

> I'd be more willing to side with the Legion if Caesar had his Augustus

Isn't the courier supposed to be his Augustus?
>>
>>318356246
>implying the courier would ever want to go back to that hellhole that is the Sierra Madre
>>
>>318338695
forgot about him after i unplugged his ass
then i went and hung out with the caesar

i like the idea of slavery in the wasteland, could do some good.
>>
Swore to literally follow him to the ends of the earth, figuratively since he's a body in a body-sized jar that do the most of his living in a computer.

I hate the NCR.
I hate the BoS (both interpretations).
I hate the Legion.
The Followers can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>318369756
you do realize that there is a vending machine in the bunker right?
>>
>>318369401
Well, at the end of the game with at least Old World Blues and Lonesome Road enabled. Otherwise the courier is just someone with a tough forehead.
>>
>>318369957
quite literally a fucking faggot
>>
>>318370103
So somewhere between a cyborg god and a mail man with brain damage
>>
>>318370126
Objectively you're a dumb cow. Say moo.

Checkmate.
>>
>>318369957
>The Followers can go fuck themselves.
>hating literally the only pure faction in the game

why dont you kill yourself?
>>
File: Caeser.jpg (55 KB, 451x720) Image search: [Google]
Caeser.jpg
55 KB, 451x720
>>318369498
You can't have an augustus without a senate!
>>
>>318341685
This.

So he had to die.
>>
>>318370258
>something something disdain for anarchists
>>
>>318338695
Killed him, went with Legion because I'm a massive edgelord and their ideas made the most sense to me during that playthrough. Plus they let me kill Benny.
>>
>>318370468
>>318370258
If they grew out of a library, you'd think they'd be able to maneuver themselves into the government where they could do the most good and work to minimize the damage to their ideals that would bring.

Learning to mend a broken bone is nice and all, but playing politics would serve everyone better.

But! Putting themselves so close to the government isn't one way. It could corrupt their group and cause it to split.

Good faction. 10/10. I actually know their motives unlike the Brotherhood of keks.
>>
>>318367241
You must have not talked to a lot of characters. Just like a lot of characters will point out the Legion is fucked since Caesar is old and is the only thing holding it together, NCR is currently fucked because it's already expanded way over it's capacity to control. Which is why the NCR is having a ton of problems in the Mojave and can't even handle basic shit that's going on.
>>
File: steve.jpg (33 KB, 600x342) Image search: [Google]
steve.jpg
33 KB, 600x342
>>318370271
I AM THE SENATE
>>
>>318370912
>Which is why the NCR is having a ton of problems in the Mojave and can't even handle basic shit that's going on.
NCR is in a better position than Caeser. The legions loss of Caeser means more to the NCR's loss of New Vegas.

The Legion retreats/is convinced to leave, the NCR can still play in the region under houses rules and they'll still be trading and investing in vegas. Almost like san francisco im guessing.

Just another place that managed to keep it's independence surrounded by ncr
>>
File: Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg (2 MB, 1390x1975) Image search: [Google]
Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg
2 MB, 1390x1975
>>318370939

L'état, c'est moi.
>>
>>318343970
survivalist > graham
>>
>>318371356
What a poof.

I need to learn french history outside of their philosophers, ww2, revolutionary war, and charlamange just so I can make fun these them more easily.
>>
>>318371356
>wears stockings and high heels
What a faggot.
>>
>>318370780
This is literallly what Caesar did
>>
>>318363190

>eat people.
>get a stat boost.

Wow, so creative.
>>
>>318372123
yeah and it's more creative than anything in fallout 4
>>
File: Cesar-sa_mort.jpg (203 KB, 1250x696) Image search: [Google]
Cesar-sa_mort.jpg
203 KB, 1250x696
>>318351114
>So even if the Legion somehow managed to hold together in the long term under his rule, it would cease to be Caesar's Legion.
Legion under Lanius hand, especially if some years of peace and stabilisation on the way after taking the Vegas and Mojave, will most likely see coup d'état orchestrated by frumentarii and praetorians who will definitely loose their positions of power near the Caesar's throne to Lanius officers. And ideological standpoints will play the role in it too.
>>
>>318348954
Yes Man is programmed to obey commands. And eventually programmed to only obey YOUR commands.
>>
File: 350px-Chile_Junta001.jpg (22 KB, 350x270) Image search: [Google]
350px-Chile_Junta001.jpg
22 KB, 350x270
>>318351114
>The only thing that could save it is if he found an heir with as much charisma and passion as him who was beloved by all factions within the Legion while understanding and progenating Caesar's laws.
A good ol' military junta should do the trick.
>>
File: 56408-1-1405581911.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
56408-1-1405581911.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
>>318358225
thats what i like to see a nice clean little baby subsonic .22 to the base of the skull, no funny business like a professional
>>
>>318365313
>ncr victory is canon
nononononono
>>
File: 1433145798508.png (48 KB, 1050x797) Image search: [Google]
1433145798508.png
48 KB, 1050x797
>people think obsidian would make an independent option and then NOT make it the canon ending

cmon
>>
>>318370258
>muh precious anarchist "punk" librarian faction
Why don't you go and bend over and spread your asshole with the other followers of the apocalypse?
>>
>>318367874
The Remnants in NV were hardly a faction of the Enclave though.
>>
>>318374458
>he thinks "helping people while not joining a larger faction" = "anarchist"

how's mental retardation treating you bud?
>>
>>318374459
yeah i know my point was their attitude could be representative of other enclave survivors' attitudes
>>
File: treason.gif (617 KB, 664x550) Image search: [Google]
treason.gif
617 KB, 664x550
>>318371212
>>318370939
>>318371356
>>
>>318374336
The Avellone canon is House OR Independent ending (with Yes Man admittedly put into the game for players that kill Caesar, House or whoever the NCR leader was, to ensure that those players can still finish the game so we might as well consider Yes Man entirely non-canon) and the Courier nukes both the NCR and the Legion.

>>318374603
I think you need to do two things.

1. Look up the meaning of the word anarchist in a reputable dictionary.
2. Look up the followers entry on the Fallout wikia.

Now fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>318338695
kill him then help the legion
>>
>>318374806
>go to wikia page on followers
>ctrl+f "anarchist"
>Wherever they go, the Followers seek to provide services to those in need, namely medical care and agricultural instruction. Those in positions of power often regard them as seditious anarchists; though such accusations are not entirely without truth, the organization as a whole has no interest in seizing power.
>Those in positions of power often regard them as seditious anarchists

bravo anon
>>
>>318374806
Avellone's canon is the Courier nukes both? I would have thought the opposite. The only reason to nuke either is to strongly hate them or to be a fucking psycho like Ulysses which only encompasses a small amount of people

I would have thought the canon was he stopped both nukes
>>
>>318338695
I was doing quests for him until he revealed that he was a villain all along (when he orders the Courier to kill the Brotherhood of Steel). So I went and killed that ghoul guy that was hiding in the coffin thing in House's basement or whatever, ragequit when the game gave me negative karma for it. I ended up putting the game down after that since I was trying to follow the good path but the game basically railroaded me down the evil one. And /v/ acts all butthurt and surprised that FO3 got a better metacritic score than this clunker.
>>
The more I play the more I never want to commit to a side because they all suck hard in the end. Going legion this time simply because I've never done it before.
Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.