[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 3 or New Vegas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
>FO3 vs FONW

i can only buy one of them, which one should i buy?

PS: never played other Fallout games
>>
New Vegas is better. That's all there is to it
>>
New Vegas.
>>
I wasn't a fan of 3, but that's because I played it on console so therefore no mods. New Vegas is great but I think 3 had the better wasteland.
>>
File: 1228978582343.gif (4 KB, 344x326) Image search: [Google]
1228978582343.gif
4 KB, 344x326
Pirate them both you fucking idiot.

You fucking idiot!

Stop. Shut up. Will you shut the fuck up? I swear to shit. All of your problems would just be fucking solved if you listened for one god damned second, but you're too stupid to realize it.
>>
>>318335701
mods works on pirated Fallouts?
>>
File: 1299041546849.jpg (10 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1299041546849.jpg
10 KB, 251x251
>>318336142
>mods works on pirated Fallouts?
>>
Depends on what you're looking for.

Most people will say New Vegas is outright superior, and in many respects, they're right. New Vegas has better writing, better characters, improved mechanics, tons more weapons, and a more active modding community. On the other hand, FO3 is much better in terms of aimless exploration and fun one-off quests and dungeons. Just about everything in New Vegas is connected to a quest or a larger plot, which is also cool, just different.

If you're more interested in good dialogue and roleplaying, then New Vegas. If you just want to explore a big world with a lot of stuff in it, Fallout 3 might be better for you.
>>
File: 1446581864178.gif (155 KB, 678x422) Image search: [Google]
1446581864178.gif
155 KB, 678x422
>>318335545
>>
>>318336372
so NW is the more RPG one, and 3 is the more casual world one

how much impreved the mechanics are in NW?
>>
>>318338976
Ironsights, DT instead of DR, and different ammo types are the big ones
>>
>>318338976
Significantly improved. There's an expansive crafting system that lets you make a lot of useful stuff. Perks are more interesting. There are multiple ammo types, which adds an element of strategy. There are a lot of skill checks in dialogue, and not just for speech. Skill checks are also pass/fail as opposed to percentage-based.

That's all I can think of right now.
>>
>>318335226
If you plan on playing both get 3, not because it's a better game but once you've played and beaten NV, you will be unable to enjoy 3 and will constantly be disappointing at how inferior a product it is.
If you plan only on one NV is the easy choice.
>>
>>318338976
just about everything is better. companions are actually well-written and useful too in NV, if that's your thing
>>
>>318339379
Also a much better companion interface, along with companions that are actually interesting and have their own quests and stories.
>>
>>318339539
this thing bother so much

on one side if i play 3 then new vega, the risk that NV feel like some more of the same is high, probably forcing me to drop it

on the other side, playing NW before 3 result in what you said, playing a worst game than the 1st one, annoyng me for every "downgraded" thing compared to NW

its possible to play both and enjoyig them at same level in a short time?
>>
>>318340363
You could get both and start with 3. After finishing that you could play a different game so that when you play NV it won't feel like you've just played it.

Also, you may as well torrent them, or at least 3, since I don't think Bethesda really needs the money.
>>
File: thefuck.png (278 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
thefuck.png
278 KB, 500x303
>>318340363

Just play 3 first. You won't be too tired of the "same old shit" to finish New Vegas.
>>
>>318340964
onetly, i think bethesda doesn't deserve other money from the PC users, after that shitty console port of Skyrim

bethesda was one of the mig pc focused developer, now they give us only crappy unoptimized game created only with console in mind, leavind to the modder to resolthe the isues
>>
>>318335226
New Vegas hands down.
It's similar in may ways to Fallout 3 yet much, much better.
It actually allows for a true roleplaying experience with your actions leaving consequences upon the world as you progress, not just meaningless story-mode bullshit like FO3
>>
just asking, does Fallout 3 have some compatibily issues on W7?
>>
I like the atmosphere better in 3 but Fallout new Vegas blows 3 out of the water in terms of gameplay and freedom. Just get NV and download a tale of two wastelands.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.