[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So let me get this straight, the game is basically just Star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Xenogears_box[1].jpg (86 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
Xenogears_box[1].jpg
86 KB, 256x240
So let me get this straight, the game is basically just Star Wars meets Evangelion with some Hindu reincarnation and christian mythos thrown on top?

You've got your Luke (Fei), your Leia (Elly), your Han (Bart), your Vader (Grahf) and your behind the scenes Emperor (Karellen). Fuck you've even got your Force (Zohar/Ether)

How did they even get away with this shit?
>>
>>318335115
>How did they even get away with this shit?
The same way Lucas did.

Borrow from older, universal myths/tropes.
>>
Dude Star Wars is literally just a generic Fantasy in space to begin with
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hero_with_a_Thousand_Faces

OC doesn't exists.
>>
>>318335115

This just in: OP discovers nothing is completely original and there is no such thing as a completely new idea. More at 11.
>>
>>318335115
Only one that really works as a Star Wars Parallel is Grahf.
>>
When does the plot of this game get even slightly interesting? I'm at the pirate base after getting Bart in my party and I can't say there is any plot at all so far.
>>
>>318337701
It doesn't really follow the typical arc, there are just a bunch of small things going on in various places that grow on their own and gradually coalesce. Give it time.
>>
>>318335115

It's Bible meets Star Wars actually. It's pretty alright
>>
>the game is basically just Star Wars meets Evangelion with some Hindu reincarnation and christian mythos thrown on top?
you can be that reductive when describing any work of fiction. The problem with xenogears is the english translation is god awful (due to the localisation team, original source material or both) and the last act of the game was clearly cut down due to budgetary issues. It had some fun ideas though, and it totally fit in with the context that it was a playstation game released in the 90s when anime started being a thing
>>
>>318335115
Eh.
>>
>>318335115

It's actually an almost perfect retelling of Gnostic mythology.
>>
So where did they steal the idea of the characters sitting around in a chair providing exposition for hours come from?
>>
File: 1445603712571.png (431 KB, 823x462) Image search: [Google]
1445603712571.png
431 KB, 823x462
>>318335115
I'm in the mist of dropping this shit the dungeons are awful and the gear battles are lame is the story that good anon
>>
>>318339126
Evangelion.
>>
>>318337701
The plot didn't really start picking up for me until a section or two after that. Post-Nisan. That arc has a pretty radical ending, and then you're thrown into a completely different situation that's really cool except for the fucking sewers. After that, it's smooth sailing.
>>
>>318335115
Bait
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.