[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 238x293
Be straight with me, is this game ACTUALLY good? I really want to know if this game lives up to all the hype. I don't plan on buying until the complete edition is out, but I'm still curious.
>>
>>318325087
I liked it, but a majority of people here hate it. It's not a good RPG, but it's a good distraction.
>>
File: over9000.jpg (63 KB, 500x529) Image search: [Google]
over9000.jpg
63 KB, 500x529
Who said NO?
>>
An awful RPG, awful fallout game, ok open world shooter.
>>
>>318326085
This is very accurate.

It's somewhat fun and it's ok, but GOTY?, no, a great experience?, no, will you replay it?, no.
>>
>>318325087
It's good. Lots of bugs tho
>>
its alot right. its definitely not an rpg the leveling/perks just kill any attempt to make a coherent build let alone voiced protag.

if they were that in need for a voiced protag they shoulve taken a chapter from the recent etrian odessy's and have one campaign focused on story and another giving you a blank slate to make your own adventure.
>>
>>318325087
No, it is shallow as hell in almost all of its feature.
>>
>>318326659
Or not half ass it and just voice the previous dialogue system. I don't get why they didn't pay for more voice acting if they wanted it in the game.
>>
File: Fallout4.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>318325087
As someone who has spent 82 hrs in the game yet. (Still haven't beat the story, tons of places/quests left to explore)

The game is ACTUALLY good. The game feels less of a RPG than previous Bethesda games, but the dense detailed open world, the satisfying improved combat and the likable characters make it up for it.

I feel the game is a bit underwhelming compared to Skyrim, but I guess this is because no DLC for Fo4 is out yet.
>>
Borderlands in a post-nuclear war setting
>>
>>318327658
i wish i could be this easily amused
>>
>>318325087
it could have been so much better.

is it a good game? yes

is it a good fallout game? no
>>
>>318327658
>this was my first fallout game XXDDD
>>
>>318327658
I finished almost everything in less than 70h, you must be autistic my friend
>>
If your into open world fps adventures games like far cry then ya its a good game. but if your a long time fallout fan (or someone who likes RPG's) then prepared to be very let down.
>>
>>318328021
This, but rather "okay" than "good".
>>
>>318325087
It's solid, I like it.
>>
>>318328137
There are people with 125+ hrs in a single playthrough. No idea how you managed to finish the whole game in 70 hrs.
>>
>>318325087
The story is OK , you can build bases and weapons , but its easier than every other game in the series.
>>
>>318325087
It's fun but not THAT fun. Like....its just a good game? Nothing to special to write home about.
>>
>>318325087
It's better than Fallout 3 in a number of ways, but still has bugs and shortcomings, such as:

- half the npcs are unkillable because normies would be upset they can't do a quest anymore, and the team is too lazy to design alternative paths

- hacking still sucks shit

- companions are a bit more interesting, with their own quests and all, but still feel like retarded punching bags due to shit AI, and the fact that they're unkillable

- could use a bit more variety in weapons, still a lot better than F3

- dialogue is still barebones as dick
>>
>>318325087
It is best Bethesda game of new generation.
Take it as you will.
Read it twice if needed .
>>
I love the game, I have around 65 hours as of today and haven't finished the story yet. Gunplay is so much better than 3/NV and the settlements mode adds another dimension to the game. They got rid of skills, and instead have perk trees to replace them, so it's not as "RPG-ish" as 1-nv. I r8 it 9/10, console versions are laggy as hell and frame rate drops are commonplace, but that's my only problem with it. The world is large, diverse, the voice acting is great and almost everyone has a different voice actor, no voice repeats like skyrim soldiers had. You should really get it
>>
>>318325087
>exploring is its biggest strength, where most of the fun is to be had
>gunplay is good
>story is just below average
>graphics range from great (the environment) to awful (animations, FPS performance, textures) but is mostly mediocre by todays standards
>RPG aspect is very, very light, its more of an FPS then ever before.
>AI is bad with enemies often getting stuck on something, making any melee based enemy especially easy to kill
>lots of bugs that shouldnt be acceptable for a AAA despite fanboys "its a bethesda game whatta expect!!!"

overall its 8/10
>>
>>318334058
>overall its 8/10

Found the Bethesdrone.
>>
It's the kind of game that's only good for one playthrough due to lack of RPG mechanics, but it's growing on me a lot more the more I play it.

For example, I really felt limited by a lack of weapons until I stopped getting nothing but pipe weapons and I started modding everything.
I wish there were more base weapons, but there's at least enough that I have trouble deciding what to keep on hand.

Settlement building tickles my autism.

Though it's a one-playthrough game, fucking around makes that playthrough pretty damn long.

Also power armor is pretty cool. More of a specialized vehicle than another set of armor.
>>
>>318334058
>Half the game is awful
>8/10
Try 6/10
>>
>>318325087
it's worse than skyrim
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.