[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people say the Fallout 4 Brotherhood of Steel is a return
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: fo4_bos.jpg (114 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fo4_bos.jpg
114 KB, 1920x1080
Why do people say the Fallout 4 Brotherhood of Steel is a return to form?

I never played 2, but I did play 1. In 1 they weren't really crazy violent people, they were just isolationist, but not really that mean or anything. They even help drive out super mutants without taking over everything.

They're a little uptight yeah, but they're not nazi uptight.
>>
>>318322393
because people are fucking stupid
>>
File: reday_1peter.jpg (24 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
reday_1peter.jpg
24 KB, 180x240
>I never played 2

I think we found the issue

/end
>>
>>318322778
Not him and I have played 2 lots of times, but the BoS appear in that for like ten minutes at the most.
>>
>>318322393
Joining after helping Danse for 10 minutes was fucking stupid as well. In the first game they only sent you to the glow as a 'test' for a joke to get rid of you. They never took on new recruits. Now they take literally the first guy that walks in.
>>
>>318323214
Isn't your bunk mate in 1 a new recruit as well?

I might be remembering wrong
>>
Don't even fucking talk about Fallout if you haven't played every game in the series. I'm so sick of these shitter opinions its sick.

Was there a massive influx of newfags when FO4 came out or something?
>>
>>318323494
are you trying to pretend this wasn't the case for 3 and NV, and almost every big sale?
>>
>>318323494
I just never got around to 2, sorry. I played 1 right around when FO3 was announced and never got to it yet. Might have to though!
>>
>>318323317
They never share their technology with outsiders, so I think that guy may have been a child of brotherhood of steel members that came of age, then became an initiate. If the test for every potential recruit was to explore the glow, then the vault dweller must have been the only one to survive, since the holotape on that corpse was still there when you enter. But then again, maybe the devs just didn't think your bunkmate through. He seemed like a joke character.
>>
>>318323494
Everyone forgot that Fallout 1 and 2 exists. Fallout 3 and New Vegas was the start of streamlining and actually garnering a mainstream audience. I started with Fallout 3 because it was a mainstream thing. Now I never finished Fallout 3 and I'm not interested enough to go back to it.
>>
I think it's a nice wrap to the terrible BoS that was FO3.

I mean that the BoS is back on its primary objectives of isolationism and technology hoarding, but its members are still half outcasts, half Lyons', and their history make them more prone to conquest and meddling with other factions than their western counterparts.

I think it would have been weirder if the easter brotherhood suddenly decided to stop meddling with the wasteland and just hid in a hole after the events of 3 without retconning them.
>>
>>318323690
Don't apologize to that guy, its perfectly ok to judge a single game if you haven't played every title in that series. You seem to have a good understanding of the lore from playing the first game anyway
>>
The worst incarnation of the BOS is tactics, by far. They completely go against what the brotherhood was about in the first 2 games.
>>
>>318322393
people who know nothing about the original games
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.