[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Replaying Dragon Age Origins >Finish the main game + Awakening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 26_golems_amgarrak.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
26_golems_amgarrak.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>Replaying Dragon Age Origins
>Finish the main game + Awakening
>Get to Golems of Amgarrak DLC
>Holy shit this challenge
>Even my fully levelled decked out warrior is getting trampeled on
>That last boss fight on nightmare mode

Was DA:O bioware's last decent game?
>>
How does Awakening stack up to the original? I just started it recently.

Beat Origins a few days ago after a two year break. Kinda disappointed, but not surprised that none of the items in storage or my companions carried over to awakening.
>>
What I don't get is that this game released in 2009, after Mass Effect 1.
How was this game not dumbed down despite being released in the "We want the CoD audience" era?
>>
the last boss on the amgarrak dlc on nightmare is legitimately hard if you don't have a cheesy build/prepared for it. truly was biowares last good game
>>
>>318317802
development started before the CoD craze, I think. The sequel pulled off the whole "dumbing down for the dudebros" shtick quite effectively though.

>yfw bioware created the last decent AAA WRPG ever
>>
>>318318019
>truly was biowares last good game
ME2 came out after it did, tho
>>
>>318317585
If you were disappointed and/or bored by DA:O don't bother with Awakening. Some decent party members but the game was mostly boring.
>>
Yes. ME2 wasn't terrible, but it was the start of the decline.
>>
>>318317585
It's a nice little expansion. Emphasis on the little because it's only around 5-7 hours long.

That said it has some decent characters like Nathaniel and Pre-DA2 Anders, and choices when they arise can be pretty damn impactful for a Bioware game.

That said it's a little easy too if you import your character from the main game, you'll quickly find yourself mowing down enemies like they're made of paper. And it's buggy as hell unless you mod the PC version.

If you like the idea of a continuation story where talking Darkspawn are a thing definitely give it a playthrough.
>>
>>318318564
>>318319156

>biokeks

not even once
>>
>>318316025
No, that was Mass Effect 2.
>>
>>318320706
>All bioware games are bad argument

There was a time /v/ thoroughly enjoyed them.

There was a time ME2 was posted non-stop here. Their old games are fine, not amazing, but memorable enough. It's DA2 that was the sign it was all falling apart for them.
>>
File: bg2.jpg (28 KB, 250x326) Image search: [Google]
bg2.jpg
28 KB, 250x326
>>318320706
Eat shit.
>>
>>318321028
The only good thing about Mass Effect 2 was Space-President Bartlett. But then, the only good thing about Dragon Age: Origins (besides an adequate battle system) was that Zevran seemed to be as indifferent to the edgelord plot as I was.
>>
>>318321801
>edgelord plot

Granted it had a lot of mention of rape and stuff the plot was as basic as it comes; ancient evil awakens yadda yadda yadda.
>>
Yes.
EA reestructured Bioware in 2009, everything after that is shit.
>>
>>318322014
Also a lot of blood, but more important is the apparent belief on the writers' parts that blood and sex make a plot mature. It was generic fantasy filtered through Deviant Art. Hence my crushing indifference.
>>
>>318316025
Funny how trivial - faceroll, even- it was even on nightmare as an arcane warrior. Those things are just invincible.
>>
>>318322496
I played Arcane Warrior once and hated it.

Sure you're OP as fuck but when you're in full plate armour and have nothing but self buffs on you to the point you're illuminating like a fucking cheistmas tree it hardly feels fun just running in and waiting for auto attack to take it's course.
>>
le superman sword
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.