[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it fun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: overwatch.jpg (127 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.jpg
127 KB, 854x480
Is it fun?
>>
>>318313668
Wouldn't know
Nobody has it other than e-celebs
>>
>$60
>30 fps
>20 tick
It's literally unplayable
>>
>>318313728
I'm actually contemplating buying it because it looks like it might be fun to play. Or will it be f2p?
I don't even know what the business model is

>>318313769
>60$
40, 60 is for the autismo version
>30 fps
>20 tick
haven't heard anything about that, is it true? 30 fps in a shooter?
>>
>>318313769
>30 fps
>20 tick

is it getting ported to consoles? Why the fuck would they screw it so hard if it wasnt?
>>
>>318313668
It looks like one big clusterfuck.

Maybe.
>>
>>318313942

It'll be the TF2 business model. It's only $60 because of consoles
>>
>>318314084
>TF2 business model
Cosmetics then?
If they are going to put in the character grind like hots has, i may actually shell out 40 just to have everything unlocked.

Weirdly enough, the business model is still speculation it seems, even the price
>>
File: Capture.png (3 MB, 1598x907) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3 MB, 1598x907
>>318313769
the 30fps is an option you pick on the start, to "limit to 30" for some reason.

Its currently locked at 70 FPS for some reason, probably because for a day they unlocked the framerate to anything and if you shot up to 100+ FPS (not hard to do) the game would crash.
>>
>>318313668
Yes it's fun. $40 is a good price-point if they add more maps and some kind of progression at launch. They have to up the tick-rate or no one will take this game seriously and it will die. 20 tick is retarded.
>>
>>318314263

I meant it'll most likely be full price now, free to play in the future.
>>
>>318313668
Played it during stress test, was fun for the first several hours but then I felt I had explored the depth of the game because there really wasn't much to it. Bored and uninstalled before the event was over.

Overall the gameplay was polished to the point of being sterile. Nothing new, unique, or interesting could be done.
>>
>>318314263
The game is 40 dollars and will come with all future maps.
They're going to stop making new heroes for the first part.
Cosmetics will be sold, from character skins, new weapon model skins to "character tints" (recolors) and sprays (some animated).

Newer heroes will come in game expansions later on, separated by a year.

dont believe me i dont give a fuck
>>
>>318314392
Aha, alright that makes sense. I might as well get it though, just looking for more info on it

>>318314470
How is it in comparison to other arcadey shooters like TF2 or DB?
I found DB a blast, this looks like even more fun purely because of the ammount of different heroes in the game
>>
File: 13254877891.gif (2 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
13254877891.gif
2 MB, 288x288
I enjoyed the one weekend I got to play it. Definitely worth $40 unless they bloat it with DLC you have to pay for.
Won't buy it until it launches though to make sure it stays good.
>>
>>318314658
Doesn't sound too bad honestly. And cosmetics are alright in my book if they don't go full jew and sell characters seperately
>>
>>318313769
>20tick
The only people who complain about this are average players because now they can die to casuals more often.
>>
>>318314686
People made the mistake of playing one character only, or "locking in" a character in their heads when playing.

Each character is super simple and has literally one gimmick he does, but the whole point of the game is to do a thing with one character and then switch to the guy who will let you do something else.

You pick the giant fatass dude to jump on the cart and lock it down, hooking and killing dudes up to the first checkpoint, but then you have to go uphill so you stop picking the giant easy fucking target and you switch to the dude with the shield.

its really deep in the sense that every guy only does one thing but you need to remember 21 of them and which is the best for your particular situation right now.
>>
>inb4 some retard inevitably comes in and starts saying ActiBlizzard will go bankrupt or all their products are failing financially
>>
>>318314470
>Played it during stress test, was fun for the first several hours but then I felt I had explored the depth of the game because there really wasn't much to it
I find that pretty hard to believe, since several hours is hardly a time to even get yourself familiar with the characters, much less starting to learn what the game is really about: character synergy and counters.
>>
File: american level, burger music.png (624 KB, 750x506) Image search: [Google]
american level, burger music.png
624 KB, 750x506
>>318315120
>Dotard says Heroes of the Storm is a massive failure and a horrible game
>>
>>318315006
Wait, you can switch between all of them at every given time?
So like, there are no "squads" to assemble beforehand, you have access to all of them at all times?

That's actually awesome
>>
>>318315251
>Heroes of the Storm is a massive failure
It is
>>
>>318315405
Blizzard sure is shoveling a lot of resources into a failure.
>>
>>318315502
That game is definitely a failure.
>>
>>318315682
How?
>>
>>318315369
It's pretty much the whole point of the game, and why so many people who participated on the beta were blown away by the game.
It's also the reason why people are pretty damn worried about the pricing model, since understandably, in a game based on constant adjustment of your team composition to counter your opponents, the idea of being to buy heroes is pretty much sand into the gearbox.
>>
>>318315251
Not a failure, but it really is a horrible game. I know fun is subjective, but this is /v/ so i don't give a shit.
The game is the most unfun piece of crap i've played since solitaire
>>
>>318315769
No one wants to play it or watch it competitively.
>>
>>318315682
bring up something other than twitch numbers to support your argument

maybe something that is shown four times a year to investors that has numbers regarding whether or not something is profitable

hm, I wonder what that could be
>>
>>318314287
>the 30fps is an option you pick on the start, to "limit to 30" for some reason.
>not wanting a cinematic experience
>>
>>318315915
But they want to watch and play Hearthstone? Also how does that make it a failure financially?
>>
>>318315251
As much as I think any ASSFAGGOTS apart from Smite is shit-tier, HOTS takes the bottom of the barrel prize. This is not fun, this is cringe. An attempt to make the moba genre more casual-friendly and try and capitalize on brand recognition of the characters.
Ha.
>>
File: 535831306.jpg (90 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
535831306.jpg
90 KB, 960x960
When's the next beta weekend? Somebody fucking tell me.
>>
File: 1447044359906.jpg (171 KB, 614x1079) Image search: [Google]
1447044359906.jpg
171 KB, 614x1079
>>318313668
Yes. I wish they would invite me in to the beta and not just the test weekend.
>>
>>318313668
yes. I had a lot of FUN on the weekend beta.

I don't recall the last time I had FUN like the FUN i had then. I couldn't really believe it myself, I wanted to play a video game. I routinely went back to play more of the video game, because it was FUN.
>>
>>318315240
>>318314470
Nah, he's not wrong. I had the same scenario. By the end of the stress test I had played every character, picked a main and was destroying games, there's already the blizzard trademark balancing issue of some characters being insanely op compared to others, but it's not as bad as normally. Some ultimate a require literally no skill other than stand there and press the button, there are way too many class equivalents of the pyro. Some of the positives however are there is a nice synergy amongst the character abilities if you have coordinated enough people to set up a big play. Biggest downfall of this game imo is gonna be the blizzard fanbase of awful players, people REFUSED to switch characters to roles that were needed and teams would lose because of it. When the team needs a tank and a healer and you have 3 genjis and 2 mcrees that can't aim and endlessly run into turrets, the game stops being fun. However that can be remedied with friends in the real game. I think it has potential to be really fun but I also think it has potential to flop really hard.
>>
>>318315874
Don't talk shit about Solitaire you triple nigger
>>
>>318315984
Apparently. Also, hs launched on PC, android and ios. You can play the game in a train or while taking a crap. And its simple and fun. That's why a lot of people like it.
HotS tried to be a competitive game from the very start, but it lacks the depth to be one
>>
Not for 60$.
>>
>>318315984
what does HS has to do with it?
completely different genres

>>318315984
>Also how does that make it a failure financially?

the game is a moba which is a very competitive genre, also a free to play game. how is it not a failure when no one is really interested in heroes of the storm?

where's that financial success coming from?
>>
File: immaclickit.jpg (77 KB, 590x594) Image search: [Google]
immaclickit.jpg
77 KB, 590x594
>>318316339
>I couldn't really believe it myself, I wanted to play a video game
I swear to god anon, if you are fucking with me..

I didn;t get that feeling since forever
>>
>>318316529
>>318316861
Is there anything you can bring to back this up other than Twitch views?
If the game is dead then why does it still get frequent content updates? Why would Blizzard bother maintaining a schedule for a game nobody is playing?
>>
>>318316393
As far as gameplay goes it was really tight and polished, it was satisfying to hit people with shots. I say it's not as good as tf2 outright but pretty damn close. I played a lot of genji (the raiden ninja rip off) and reflecting shitpiles own shots and killing other people with their friends bullets was surprisingly effective and polished, but the character is pretty fucking broken and I could kill about 5 people before I would die, and that's only if I didn't care. I went up against a few teams of people that you could tell had already set up meta-esque comps and new the game in and out and they were near unbeatable vs a group of random pugs, which was pretty nice to see. The movement was bretty gud, it ran fine, the hit detection was fine, but I have retardedly good internet, so someone else may say otherwise. Most broken part of the game I experienced was tabbing out completely destroying my PC.
>>
File: dd.jpg (10 KB, 141x42) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
10 KB, 141x42
>>318317269
I never mentioned Twitch views.
>If the game is dead then why does it still get frequent content updates?
How would it look if Blizzard abandoned the game while they are trying to push a completely new one on the market at the same time?
Also, not dead, but a failure. It was supposed to be a competitive game, a competitor to the other two major mobas out there, and it failed in doing that as it just doesn't have the depth required.

People are playing the game, just not the people Blizzard wants
>>
>>318313769
What's 20 tick?
>>
>>318315000
Getting hooked as Tracer is always instant death despite her entire kit being dedicated to countering that type of thing.
>>
A strictly better TF2
>>
>>318317269
twitch views are everything for a moba you fucktard

that game was literally designed to be a twitch game

funny how it turned out
>>
>>318317808
also this should be lesson for Blizzard.

You cannot force a game to be "esports". That comes in time if the community for that game is really dedicated.
>>
>>318317686
>Getting hooked as Tracer is always instant death

wrong, Tracer can E before Road Hog can shoot after hooking, which isnt how it should be
>>
>>318315943
>bring up something other than twitch numbers to support your argument

I dunno dude, considering it's short lifespan hots is already getting higher viewer numbers than I remember LoL or Dota getting this soon after their official releases
>>
I've been playing the beta for about a month now, the game's great but you can tell it has problems.

1. Not enough game modes. Capture Point and Payload is fun, but eventually you'll get tired of it and want to do something else. Why is there no Deathmatch or King of the Hill or anything else? I'm really hoping they add more for launch.
2. Games can feel really samey. If you're on defense you're probably going to lose the first point then, depending on the map, you battle in one or two chokepoints until one team breaks through the other with good ultimate coordination.
3. Not enough people in the beta. It's not too uncommon for one game to happen then you get kicked back into queue because one or two people left. Getting a game late at night can take forever.

I could go on about hero balance but there's no real point. My only real complaint is Mercy ult's a bit too strong and should either be toned down or replaced.
>>
I did have some fun playing on the beta weekend but the games vary. There are obviously pretty broken character combos. if you have a group of 5 characters and just play broken team comps you will literally win every single game.

Especially since you can have a team of 5 of the same character if you wanted to. Should be limited to one per team
>>
>We believe we can get women to play online co-op shooters
>We believe people will want to pay $40 to play TF2
>We believe only 2 game modes is fine
>We believe 20 tick servers are more than enough

Good luck, Blizz. You'll need it
>>
File: 1445870039991.jpg (505 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1445870039991.jpg
505 KB, 1500x1500
It's jewzzard. They haven't made a good game since WC3.

They hide behind Activisions success so nobody can see that they are a dying publisher on it's last legs.
>>
>>318317652
Number of times the server refreshes in a second so 20 ticks means it refreshes every .05 seconds. This means that if you and another persons shoot each other on the same tick (in the same .05 second interval) the server will register both hits even if you killed the other person on your screen. CS:GO has 128 tick servers.
>>
$40 for an online shooter can2t be jsutified.

TF2 is free.
Dirty Bomb is free.
CS:GO is like $10, you can easily get it for $5 or less on a sale.
CoD is $60, it is only justified because it's for kids using their mom's credit cards.
>>
>>318319119
>1. Not enough game modes.

that the main complain right now

Also I feel like some heroes just don't have that umf I don't know if it's just the gunplay or whatever but it feels really tame. It's not very satisfying when you kill someone.Maybe it's just developer's inexperience when making a FPS.
>>
>>318320481
It can if people will pay for it.
>>
>>318320481
TF2 wasn't always free.
Dirty Bomb charges money for heroes like a MOBA.
CS:GO is utter shit with retards spending over $300 on a cosmetic knife.
>>
>>318320481
That's less money than what i used to spend on weed and shit when i was younger.
Except i get to keep the game and play it when i wish
>>
>bitches be actually paying 40 bux for a tf2 clone with ripped off chars
>>
>>318321491
>muh blizzard polish
>muh lack of wow resources all being dedicated to overwatch means it's gonna b gud
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.