[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best FPS of the last years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
best FPS of the last years?
>>
>>318310258
bought it today and just played 2 hours
its fun, level design not amazing but it works. guns fell good, and the story has me along

I mean Dirty Bomb is the best FPS of recent years but, hey, whatever.
>>
>>318310258
>I mean Dirty Bomb is the best FPS
Comparing a muliplayer FPS to a single player FPS seems rather dumb.
>>
>>318310258
Yup.
Shame it uses one of the worst engines ever made.
>>
>>318311892
MEGA
TEXTURES
>>
Just fuck off it's shit

The Metro games are much
Far Cry 3 and 4 are much better
Crysis 3 is better

I even prefered Killzone Shadowfall and Halo 5 to it
>>
>>318310258
It has some cool stuff to it, but in the end it's just another shooter.
>>
Anybody played The Old Blood expansion?
Worth it?
>>
>>318312542
Translated: "I have shit taste" the post.
>>
>>318312765
He's right you know.
>>
Why did peoople like it? I pirated it and felt cheated out of my bandwith.

It didn't fill any itch of mine, and left me hoping for better gunplay, better level design, less ugly MEGATEXTURES, and a story that wasn't dogshit.

But whatever, it gets sucked off by the LE NO AIM DOWN SIGHTS crowd.
>>
>>318312728
If you liked TNO then you'll like TOB. Interestingly it feels like they upped the difficulty, straight away you're thrown in the deep end and so far it shows no signs of letting up (currently playing through it myself)
>>
>>318312837
Translated: "That post I made is right you know"
>>
It is an average game but it market itself as "old school" so people give it more credit than it deserves.
>>
>>318310452
Dirty bomb is just another flop by SD... Did quite the same thing to it as they did to Brink...
>>
>>318312837

> 'I'm retarded' the post
>>
File: unironic shitposting.jpg (27 KB, 656x283) Image search: [Google]
unironic shitposting.jpg
27 KB, 656x283
>>318313014
>But whatever, it gets sucked off by the LE NO AIM DOWN SIGHTS crowd.
Anyway, you can use iron sights.
>>
File: you.png (21 KB, 583x535) Image search: [Google]
you.png
21 KB, 583x535
>>318312765

HURRRR DURRRR
>>
>>318312837

sorry, meant to call the other guy retarded
>>
>>318313446
So what if you can use them, they're only there to fill the quota. They're useless as far as gameplay goes.
The game doesn't know what it wants to be, and appeals to both ADS and NO ADS people, by doing both, but fails and leaves us with this mediocre gameplay.

When I think good shooter, singleplayer that is, I think Crysis 1, Far Cry 1, FEAR 1, Metro 2033, Half Life 1 and Halo: CE.

Each knew what it was doing and wanted to be when it came to gunplay.

WTNO didn't. But whatever, i'm just shitposting, right?
>>
File: dex.png (473 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dex.png
473 KB, 1920x1080
>>318310258
Yup, I really enjoyed it.

>>318312542
>Metro
>Good
>Killzone Shadow Fall and Halo

It's faggots like you that make games like Wolfenstein less and less frequent in the Shooter Market. Metro is fucking clunky and shit, you probably only like it cause you're a 12 year old faggot who thinks
>RUSSIANS ARE SO KEWL!
>>
Out of all those games I mentioned WTNO has the most linear levels bar Metro

However Metro doesn't hurt to look at and has 1000x better AI

And a more interesting story

The only reason you retards think wolfenstein is good is because it has health packs
>>
>>318313014
>>318313224
The appeal is lost on people who play shooters for the plot, this is in the vein of older shooters that were about great designs, heavy guns, and spilling as much blood as possible while finding secrets. It was never designed to appeal to people who throw cash at this years current tacticool shooter, but to the people who grew up with these I don't give a fuck games like Turok 2 and just go balls deep into some nazi scum.
>>
>>318313775

There is nothing good about Wolfenstein, it's literally Cod with health packs
>>
>>318313521
>getting this devastated over a post that you had to provide a screencap

I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who would play Halo.
>>
>>318313781
Except as a DOOM/RTCW it's a shit game as the gunplay is NOT satisfying. And I don't play shooters for the plot.

The game is just poorly designed.

>>318313775
Tell me one good thing the game did.
Hint: Funny dialogue is not what makes an FPS game good.
>>
>>318313953

>plays Cod jew edition
>>
>>318313887
>COD with health packs
Literally go fuck yourself.
>"I have nothing of value to say, uhhh COD is a shooter...uhh Wolfenstein is a shooter...IT'S JUST CALL OF DUTY!"
>>
>>318312542
>Far Cry 4
>Crysis 3
>Killzone Shadowfall
>Halo 5
Nice meme
>>
>>318310258
I tried playing this on a shitty GPU before and couldn't get into it, but now I have a 980ti and got this for cheap so I think I'll try again.

Anything I need to know settings-wise or any protips?
>>
>>318314060
Now anon if it was a COD clone, it would have copy pasted it's mechanics and would have been a lot more popular with normies because of it. If you're going to throw a tantrum at least avoid shit memes.
>>
I know why these retards like Wolfenstein

It's because it has lean and health packs and muh gore, that's literally it.

Those alone excuse it from

>having some of the most linear levels in recent memory
>being one of the ugliest games this gen, fucking annoying to look at
>basic as fuck AI
>repetitive gameplay
>shit story
>>
>>318314330
I hate shitposting, but my gut tells me this.
When I played I kept thinking "Why do people praise this shit again?" Then remembered lean and healthpacks.
>>
>the same retards that shit on wolfenstein go and play shitfests like fallout 4
oh the irony
>>
>>318314043
>Tell me one good thing the game did
Created an interesting world and filled it with actual characters out of a series that has never had an interesting story or characters. Is it the best fucking story in the world? No. Is it the best game ever? Hell no, but I'm sick of people knocking shit that's good because they didn't enjoy it. I don't call Bloodborne shit because I don't like it and quite frankly am not good at it. If anything I'm jealous of people that are good at those sort of games and can find the good in them.
>>
>>318314151
>shooter
>shooter with ID Software-root
>setting, story, characters, plot
just dont get trigger by muh holocaust and that's about it.
>>
>>318314467
I'm triggered.
>>
>>318314131
>Thinks Far Cry 3 is good
>Doesn't realise that

Far Cry 4 is Far Cry 3
Crysis 3 is also Far Cry 3 but with suit powers to help you fight Aliens
Killzone Shadow Fall is Crysis 3 but with a whole different set of powers
Halo 5 is another remix of Crysis 3

But let me guess >MUH Rivalry >MUH I can't like more than one thing
>>
>>318310258
Yes
>>
File: 1426211201923.jpg (398 KB, 1023x600) Image search: [Google]
1426211201923.jpg
398 KB, 1023x600
>Guns look like garbage
>Sound even worse
>95% of all enemies are just generic soldiers
>No reason to use any guns but the assault rifles/laser guns, not that there are any except the pistol and shotgun
>Bloody screen
>Showers you with health kits
>Bullet sponges
>Enemies make practically no noise when walking
>Perks
>Underwater vehicle section
>Shitty boss fights
>No fun secrets
>Forced love interest
>Ancient Jewish supertech sect
>Ludicrous DoF that can't be turned off
>V-sync doesn't work
>>
>>318314120

>Linear
>Barebones mechanics/ nothing to help it stand out
>Shit whackamole AI
>>
I liked the fact that the regular enemies aren't just bullet sponges. The textures are so bad, i mean, jesus christ, how did that happen?
>>
I think the problem is the level design. It would be really fucking fantastic if it was actually like Wolfenstein 3D with levels you explore to get to the end of that take around ten minutes each but instead it feels like another modern set piece ride that you just follow a straight line on and each level is too long with the obligatory "stop and listen to character speak" I like the gameplay but the level design kinda ruins it for me.
>>
>>318314462

So nothing to do with the gameplay?

Well I already knew that.

Maybe if I was a kike I would have liked it then.
>>
>>318314716
>V-sync doesn't work

holy shit, this. I'm playing this for the first time, and the fucking screen tearing is giving me a headache.

Also, is there ANY FPS in the world that doesn't make enemies a fucking bullet sponge if you turn up the difficulty? This game is average at best
>>
Never played it but shooters have been shit for a long time. Last "newer" one I enjoyed is Serious Sam 3 and it's dog shit at the start.
>>
>>318315058
Serious Sam 3 has the worst first four hours I think I have seen in literally any game i have ever played. But its one of my favorite fps of all time.
>>
>>318314913
>Also, is there ANY FPS in the world that doesn't make enemies a fucking bullet sponge if you turn up the difficulty?

STALKER although some armors are overpowered and shooting at people can feel bullet spongey. FEAR maybe, I don't remember.
>>
I bought it on the steam sale and I'm enjoying it so far.

Getting a Dishonored vibe. The "stealth" is atrocious though. As is some of the story elements. I liked the Train Ride sequence, it actually kept me very much on edge.

Fergis timeline, because I got a fail state and everyone got their necks broken when I tried to pick the kid first time. Dunno if I fucked up or if that's meant to happen in your first playthrough.

How the fuck do the enigma stuff work? I gotta collect every single one in a set and then just fiddle them around randomly?
>>
>>318314798
I'm assuming it's
>consoles
>>
>>318315426
>Getting a Dishonored vibe
aside from the overuse of grey (fitting imo), nothing about it is Dishonored.
>>
>>318310258

I got it on sale for some reason, there were problems with it, sure, but in the end I had a lot of fucking fun with it. Best FPS? Maybe not, but definitely worth a play or two.
>>
Can't even be played with 144hz monitor

Fucking pathetic
>>
>>318315684
What? Why not?
>>
>>318315571
I know it's got nothing similar as far as deeper mechanics go, but the same sense of caricatured/accentuated reality as far as visual design goes.

Loving the armors.
>>
It's pretty fun, but it's not amazing or anything.
>>
who /fergus/ here
the old guy if you forgot, kek
>>
>>318317434
>Actually picking Fergus
>Picking the veteran that accepted his fate over the young man full of promises
>Wanting Fergus to live with the knowledge a young man died because of him

Wyatt Master Choice. Not to mention J > that asperger girl
>>
>>318318012
>Not to mention J > that asperger girl
Just finished first playthrough picking Wyatt here, things other than "Wyatt or Fergus are alive" actually change based on who you pick?
>>
>>318318132
There are two characters exclusive to Fergus and Wyatt's timeline (Tekla and J). You won't find them together.
>>
>>318314330
>having some of the most linear levels in recent memory
>being one of the ugliest games this gen, fucking annoying to look at
>basic as fuck AI
>repetitive gameplay
>shit story

Except the first one, all of those could be applied to DOOM.
>>
>>318318132
Different NPC in the resistance headquarter. Either J or that girl.
Different prison level. With Wyatt you escape by outrunning the mecha dog, with Fergus you open every cells and create a riot.
Different doors opening. With Wyatt you lockpick, with Fergus you shortcircuit them. Usually this leads to minor level divergence or secret rooms.
With Wyatt you get bonus armor, with Fergus bonus health.
>>
>having to destroy your old bro brain
;_;
>>
>>318318693
>>318318847
Well, doesn't sound like a big difference, but maybe I'll do a quick replay.
Thanks.
>>
>>318319486
to the people that picked wyatt at the start how did the last mission felt?
>>
>>318320086
Gave me a rage boner
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.