[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ignoring all the Sci Fi bullshit stuff which Assasins Creeds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
Ignoring all the Sci Fi bullshit stuff which Assasins Creeds have the best stories?

Explain why if possible.
>>
>>318301891
I guess 1 or 2 since their the only ones I can actually remember. Everything after is just a blur.
>>
People will say 2, but it actually doesn't without Brotherhood, Revelations and Embers rounding Ezio's story out.

The best self contained stories are 1 and 4 Syndicate's is all right too.
>>
Official tier list for story coming through

>GOD TIER
2, Rogue

>PRETTY GOOD TIER
Black Flag, Brotherhood

>GOOD TIER
Revelations, Syndicate, I

>MEH TIER
III, Liberation

>BAD TIER
Any of the PSP or DS shitty spin offs, Chronicles games

>OH SHIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING TIER
Unity
>>
File: 1445896031999.jpg (22 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1445896031999.jpg
22 KB, 500x700
>>318301891
>>318301891
Unpopular opinion I like 3 because of the relationship bits between the main character and his father the villain.

I also like how it attempted to be more morally grey with the heroes and villains.
>>
File: 1401467193077.png (227 KB, 819x347) Image search: [Google]
1401467193077.png
227 KB, 819x347
>>318302505
>Rogue
>>
File: 61e.png (95 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
61e.png
95 KB, 537x416
>>318301891
>>318302505
Is Unity really that bad?
>>
>>318302964
Yes, the story is complete dogshit.
>>
>>318302964
Tier list guy, yeah. Part of putting it in that tier is memeing, but the story is wildly considered to be shit with the worst protagonist. Gameplay is alright but we're talking story here and its story is beyond irredeemable

>we have one of the most interesting time periods in history, the french revolution
>let's make it a love story and portray the peasants as dumbasses while making Robespierre the villain again!
>and everyone has British accents!

What makes it more egregious is the people who made the damn game ARE FRENCH THEMSELVES.
>>
>>318302505

Rogue? What the hell is that?
>>
>>318303471
http://store.steampowered.com/app/311560/
>>
>>318303471
The last game in the Colonial games. You play as an Assassin turned Templar. Came out around Unity, wasn't advertised well, and was on consoles first. Not surprised you haven't heard of it.
>>
>>318303301
>>318303301
>What makes it more egregious is the people who made the damn game ARE FRENCH THEMSELVES.

The company itself is French but they have studios all over the world and these games are mainly made in North America as far as I'm aware
>>
>>318301891
Do any of them actually have good stories tho? The only thing these games do somewhat well is atmosphere. But since they have no depth whatsoever that gets old fast. I heard good things about Black Flag and Rogue but then again people also cream themselves over 2 and Brotherhood and I know that's bullshit.

I don't know. To me Ubisoft hasn't delivered a well put together game in years, maybe even a whole decade.
>>
>>318303721
The developer was Ubisoft Montreal, who ARE based in Canada but also in the French part of Canada.

They should know. They've used obscure Italian people before that I was glad they were bringing attention to and they can't get the one most famous French revolution dude right? It's beyond infuriating.
>>
>>318301891
>>
>>318304001
Weren't the actors/voice actors actually French? At least the main two? Also I kind of like the idea of a love story but it's a video game and it's Ubisoft so I am inclined to believe it's not good.

I really should just pirate one of the new ones to see how the gameplay is now that they have guns. I can't imagine liking it.
>>
>>318304882
No.

Arno was British, and I don't even know HOW to describe Elise's accent. The love story did nothing to add to the game, but I wouldn't have minded it if it didn't overshadow the French Revolution part of it. But they actively sacrificed the historical part of their game for their damn love story and that's unforgivable.
>>
File: mad-max-beyond-thunderdome.jpg (72 KB, 521x250) Image search: [Google]
mad-max-beyond-thunderdome.jpg
72 KB, 521x250
Story wise 1 and 2 are the only one's worth checking out.

Assassins Creed 1 has a much better overarching plot and the part of history it's set in is 10x more interesting, especially for the conflict at hand, it's a perfect place to set this type of story.

Assassins Creed 2 has a better character story though, you get to know the lead character more and he has more of a defined arch.

Desmond was pretty cool in those two games too, he was being set up to be a modern day assassin and get his own Watch Dogs type game to end it all and have a grand finale. But nope, they did this weird sacrifice thing and retconned half of the modern times lore and what The Apple is even supposed to do.

Never play anything past Brotherhood. 1, 2, and brotherhood are good.
>>
>>318301891
>that special snowflake black woman assassin
That's not canon to the rest of the series is it?
>>
>>318301891
Ive played all of them though I'm almost done with Syndicate. Rogue becoming a templar and killing your friends made the best story. Too bad the game was short. I found Shay a much better protagonist than Ezio or Edward and everyone else.
>>
>>318306037
Aveline? Did you even play her game? She was awesome. It was a shit story but she was cool.

She's also not fully black, she's part French, part black.

Her accent made my dick diamonds.
>>
2 and 4 (black flag) have pretty great stories. Rogue seems like it has a great story too but i haven't played it myself. Ever since 3 it's become more and more clear that the templars are actually less stupid in the grand scheme of things compared to the assassins, and Rogue seems like it proves it more and more with Shay turning from assassin to templar.

The rest are pretty shit, i'm playing syndicate now and it's pretty fun, story isn't particularly interesting though, it's exactly what i expected, Evie is good and interesting, wants to get shit done, Jacob is a hard headed idiot who fucks up everything.

Unity is by far the worst, the main character and the story was just awful. I still don't get why none of the characters had any kind of french accent or anything. Elise could have been prime waifu material if she had a cute french accent like Curie in fallout 4, maybe then the love story wouldn't have been so annoying.
>>
>>318307068
Black Flag's story was cool when you were playing as an unaffiliated third party trying to fuck over both the Assassin's and the Templars. When Edward turned into yet another assassin it got boring.

It didn't help that everything fun to do in gameplay was outside the main story - the main missions were just stealth following missions and tutorials for ship stuff you've already been doing for 10-20 hours if you've been doing ANY side content. Made me fucking livid that I had to do diving bell tutorials after i had already visited most of the shipwrecks.
>>
>>318306741

French isn't a race.
>>
>>318301891
>Which games have the best story!
>Please ignore the story
>>
>>318307736
>Had to do a diving bell tutorial after you visited most of the shipwrecks
Did we play a different game or are you just autistic? The main mission right after you can first get the diving bell is the tutorial for it.
>>
>>318307849
I didn't imply it was. It's a culture and nationality and since the game doesn't exactly announce where her mother came from since she's a slave the best I could say was black.
>>
Connor is the worst. Personality of a doormat.
>>
>>318308828
I thought he was interesting. Not everyone has to be super charismatic and excitable. I think they did a good job showing how he thought by his actions and facial expressions but no one remembers those.

Their biggest blunder was cutting his final speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU
>>
>>318308828
>Personality of a doormat
>Tells Washington and Haytham to fuck off in the same cutscene
>>
1 had a great story for its time. The modern day segments were actually compelling, and the ancient segments were all about redemption which is compelling as well.

Shame about the gameplay, though. Especially compared to later releases.

Ezio had the best arc by far, follwed by Altair.
>>
>>318308828
Why would Connor need to be charming?

He's a native whose had to deal with shit his whole life. He's pissed at life in general and his combat style reflects that.
>>
>>318302505
Rogue did have a pretty good story. Lots of worldly wisdom.
>>
I like 1, because of how simple it is
>You're a cunt, you get your ass beat, become less of a cunt
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.