[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy Type-0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Final_Fantasy_Type-0.png (219 KB, 641x407) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_Type-0.png
219 KB, 641x407
>everything is tedious
>sorties are pointless
>leveling is pointless
>only one ending even though it tricks you into thinking there are two
>literal gates where you can't pass the level UNTIL YOU DIE
>only fun part are the many abilities but combat becomes pisspoor easy since you can infinitely dodge
>they try to make it hard by forcing you to only being able to damage with killsights
>even then all you need to do is play Ace and equip Avoid and you can just stand there charging cards and shit
>Machina and Rem are literal shit stains
>Machina apparently did nothing as a l'cie
So what I'm getting here is that Dr. Arecia is a Fal'cie, I have no fucking clue who the masked man is who is also a Fal'cie
I have a slight idea on how class Zero died, but honestly they didn't look like they were dying, does it have to do with their Phantoma?

Shit game, I feel like I didn't unlock every cutscene apparently and would not replay to find out. And why is there a legitimate mobile spin-off of Type-0 (Agito)?
>>
File: Final.Fantasy.XIII.full.1252137.jpg (744 KB, 1400x800) Image search: [Google]
Final.Fantasy.XIII.full.1252137.jpg
744 KB, 1400x800
>tfw nobody has arrived
>>
I could deal with most of the bullshit, but honestly what ruined the game for me was FURY. If that shit didn't exist I would still play it every now and then.
>>
File: FFType0-Machina.png (560 KB, 1000x1119) Image search: [Google]
FFType0-Machina.png
560 KB, 1000x1119
You know what pissed me off the most? I promote and upgrade Machina just for him to never be available for use. What the ever loving fuck.

>>318298762
What's wrong with FURY status? It wasn't even that hard to deal with, just dodge until it ends. I kept playing Ace to I just put out Jackpot Triad and ran.
>>
>>318298717
Type-0's intro was by far the dopest shit about the game. That song especially.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TURIgOnscY
>>
>>318299086
I agree, I loved the whole "when nine and nine meets nine....we have arrived." Too bad they didn't ascend to actual Agito where they are reincarnated and sent to help the world again according to those words.

Why do subpar FF games seem to have great music?
>>
>>318299054
It was either play defensive until they fell to Kill-Sight status or actually try to have fun and risk an extremely frustrating death since nearly everyone has a ton of start up on their melee attacks. I couldn't bring myself to play the boring way and frustrating shit like that is often enough to convince me to drop a game entirely so I just stopped playing.
>>
File: MTK1.jpg (92 KB, 460x443) Image search: [Google]
MTK1.jpg
92 KB, 460x443
>>318299086
>mfw chocobo and that guy die

Probably hit me more than anything in FF13 and that's weird as fuck.
>>
>>318297468
Is it actually worth playing the HD version or should I just stick to PSP version considering that's what it was made for?
>>
>>318299054
It's a real shame that Machina just up and left. He was actually pretty fun to use. More fun than Nine at the very least.
>>
>>318299715
I hear the HD version has faster movement for whatever that's worth. I play PSP for that japanese voice acting. HD is definitely the way to go if you're a graphics whore though.
>>
>>318299715
I played the HD version on PS4. Just get whatever is cheaper, the graphics or gameplay aren't any better in he HD version nor was there anything worth making an HD version for.

It's not like FFX where it was a well put together story and OST, as well as gameplay.

>>318299902
I never used Nine, I hated how clunky he felt. I mainly used Ace, Cater, Machina, Eight, Trey and believe it or not, Jack.

>>318300048
Japanese VO is available on the HD version. You can switch to English or Japanese, and all the cutscenes are available for replay.
>>
>>318299715
Depends on hoe bady you want to replay the game

Its really cheap but only the main chracters are graphically updated, the rest of the gmae feels mostly like playing the psp version but in a big screen, i even still had those akward pauses inbetween lines in cnoversations.

This game actually needs a proper remake to shine
>>
>people praising the fuck out of this game when it was PSP only
>considered a blunder once it hit consoles/PC
what the fuck happened?
>>
>>318300706
the only people praising it while it was psp only where import faggots, hailing it as the best FF in years. Once the english patch was released on the psp everyone knew the game was shitty and boring.
>>
>>318300187
Jack was actually pretty fun once you got used to his movement and worked around it. Cater and Machina were great, as well. I did actually enjoy using Nine, though.

Too bad that I can just play a Musou game and get a better plot with similar gameplay.
>>
The ending was complete shit. How am I supposed to accept that my whole crew an hero'd themselves in order to save the world, when after the game ends I can go right back to playing? Even ignoring that, I don't want a game where the hero dies at the end.
>>
>>318300706
When you play a game on the PSP you expect a small scale game, short, not too complicated and completable. That's why there's no Dark Souls for PSP or Vita.

So they take this PSP game, revamp the graphics only and slap it on PS4/PC where everything is large scale and magnificent in the graphics department along with some complexity, and you get something that looks cheap, forces you to watch more cutscenes than gameplay and makes the game so linear you don't even beat it yourself, the games gives you invincibility to beat it.

Compare it to HD versions of PS2/PS3 games and you'd see the difference. They should have fixed the game up proper and made it more complete if they were going to do an HD version.
>>
>>318300928
This

The game was always garbage but the allure of it not being in english made people hype it up. Same shit that happens with the tales series.
>>
>>318301086
>tfw you had to sit there and watch a long ass cutscene of them all alone saying they're going to die that young
>tfw you're young too
>tfw their mother left them to choose how they die
>tfw the actual class 0 students that were supposed to be in Machina and Rem's place survived
Why were they so fucking special? I still don't understand how they died, even Nine was moving as if he was okay.
>>
>>318297468
>Machina and Rem are shitstains
There is nothing wrong with Rem.
>Only one ending
There are three. Bad end, normal end, hidden (arguably true) end.

It's been awhile, so I don't remember, but doesn't the game straight-up tell you NG+ has new missions, cutscenes, and explains all the shit you're confused about when you finish NG? NG is really only half of the game.

>>318300706
People who were interested in the game on PSP knew what they were getting into when they played it, and knew that it was their style of game. Once the game became more widely available, more people played it without knowing a lot about it and ended up not liking it. There's not really anything wrong with that.

Also, the game isn't really fit for a home platform like console/PC, since it was originally made for handhelds. For some reason a lot of people expected a port of a PSP game to be more than it was.
>>
>>318301473
>hidden (arguably true) end.
It's not arguable. It's a what-if ending that's supposed to make you feel better about watching the whole team die an agonizing death.
>>
>>318301642
I take is as a what if ending, but some people argue that before Arecia left, she saw Rem and Machina's accomplishments and reset the timeline one last time, but without the crystals.
>>
>>318300706
The game itself is good, but playing the pc port was almost the same than playing the psp version on an emulator. Most was as limited as the original (the framecap, some animations and models were the same as the psp, some sound issues and pauses between convos and cinematics[how do you fuck a cinematic?], camera not optimized for a joystick [only this was later fixed], and totally missed the opportunity to rebalance and add content).

In short, it was a psp port with a few textures changed for the main characters and a few places so that they looked ok, while most people were expecting an actualremake.
>>
>>318301473
I still have no idea how they died.
And I read a bit about the second ending, it probably is true but only if you play for the second time(how you get it) and similar to what this guy >>318302301 said.
>>
>>318299086
>when Ace sings
>we all cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwEcmNtz8Ps
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.