[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you envision a new game set in the warcraft universe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 1448801866328.jpg (2 MB, 1407x1920) Image search: [Google]
1448801866328.jpg
2 MB, 1407x1920
How would you envision a new game set in the warcraft universe?

Please elaborate your idea as much as you can, just saying "warcraft 4" doesn't tell anyone much about your thoughts.
>>
>>318289970
>RPG doesn't have to be MMO
>Fast actiony
>much customization
>very big maps
>wow new monsters and team party with npc

basically a solid FF with WoW's lore

no pandas pls
>>
>>318290195
>fast actiony
>FF
You lost me.
>>
single player action RPG with cool combat
>>
>>318290808
How would it utilize the warcraft universe? Where/when would it be set?
>>
>>318290975
Not him but Lich King's time line, all azeroth.
>>
File: 1448393740840.png (207 KB, 540x302) Image search: [Google]
1448393740840.png
207 KB, 540x302
All elven races evolved from dark trolls
>>
File: 1393122913319.gif (15 KB, 163x160) Image search: [Google]
1393122913319.gif
15 KB, 163x160
A new RTS with a powerful set of modding tools is all I ask for. I just want the battle.net times back. Optionally it could include more factions and accommodate large-scale battles like the Cossacks games.
>>
>>318290975
during wc1 then make a sequel where it takes place during wc2
>>
>>318289970
Make it like Dark Souls. Call it War Souls or something. It'll be epic.
>>
File: council610.jpg (82 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
council610.jpg
82 KB, 610x343
That unreleased adventure game about Thrall
>>
honestly I just want a remake for warcraft 1 2 3 they already have the engine (starcraft)
>>
>>318291682
Was that proven or it's still just a speculation like 10 years ago?
>>
warcraft 3 hd
>>
>>318293378
this is shitposting but I actually think it'd be a good idea.

>Lone Argent Crusader cut off from his unit somewhere in icecrown during WOTLK
>have to fight his way through the undead to take down some big-name general of the scourge somewhere
>unit serves as NPCs you find around Icecrown all trying their own thing, from escaping back to the Argent Vanguard to going on a suicide mission down in the bone-field.
>entire icecrown really fleshed out and massive, giving you the sense of scale that WoW failed to
>>
File: CGMXQFNMKDGY1383803528250.jpg (424 KB, 841x800) Image search: [Google]
CGMXQFNMKDGY1383803528250.jpg
424 KB, 841x800
>>318292018
>A new RTS with a powerful set of modding tools is all I ask for.

SC2 has good modding tools for custom games but it ended up being to complicated for new modders and to time consuming for veteran modders, especially in the custom model section. One of the better model artists in WC3 could make high quality models in one day (with reused animations).

> I just want the battle.net times back.

Me to.

Hopefully they will release patch 1.27 with comp ability fixes, UI and resolution scaling, more freedom in the map editor (like proper UI, camera and mouse configuration) and a Battle.net rework. Ideally no bots but with a central hosting service to ensure good connectivity between all players.

>>318293603
Starcraft engine doesn't do any good for remaking Warcraft 3 visuals, as seen in modding projects, the graphical features makes the models washed out and doesn't do any justice in remaking the semi-cartony and high contrast art design found in all Warcraft games. They would have to rework the engine a bit before being able to do a new Warcraft game.

Preferably they would only need to replace the old models and assets with HD variants and give the Wc3 engine proper light functions. Which seems to be the case since they are remaking all models and adding them to the SC2 system.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.