[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodblorne Old Hoontahs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: 1781197.jpg (550 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
1781197.jpg
550 KB, 1200x630
As this American holiday weekend draws to a close, any thoughts/favorite moments/opinions on the DLC/weapons/environments? Open discussion, would also like to hear BLs and experiences against bosses.
>>
>>318289138

Too short desu
>>
>>318289209
i felt a mild disappointment when in the first area, but grew to love the other areas. they are beautifully detailed but didnt seem too big. and also didnt flesh out the core story too much.
>>
I loved it.

Could have been a bit longer but what was there was fantastic.

New weapons I liked were the Church Pike and MLGS.

BL for the bosses on NG were
Ludwing-78
Living Failures-81
Maria-81
Orphan-95 (he kept fucking me so I had to grind and it was still a bitch. Great boss though 10/10)
>>
>>318289589
OP here, and I'm currently stuck on Orphan, and am NG LVL 78. I started the DLC at 50 and regretted it, since I was stuck on Ludwig until I got to 65.

Best weapons are the Church Pike and MLGS, and I must say I'm a bit disappointed with the Bow Blade, which I made a SKL/BT hybrid for. Who knows, maybe once I put the blood rock on it and "finish" my build at 100 it'll be ridiculous with its double S scaling.
>>
Fucking fantastic. It might be too soon to say since I'm still riding the high, but it might be my favorite content from Miyazaki. Weapons are all great and make you consider each strike, enemies have more reasonable amounts of poise so you're actually keeping track of it, the bosses are tough and exciting, and the setting and atmosphere trump anything From has done so far. Sure, Research Hall felt like an almagamation of previous Souls areas, but the execution was so good that I wouldn't have wanted anything else. And the Fishing Hamlet was just dripping with atmosphere. I think that the Orphan of Kos staring out at the 'sun' is one of the most striking moments in any Souls game.
>>
>>318289813
I love the fact that there are uncanny, and lost variation to those weapons. Slap a fire or lightning gems on them, and you're set.
>>
File: trimmingthehedges.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
trimmingthehedges.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>Pizzacutter is love
>Pizzacutter is life
>>
>amygdalan arm is split damage, effectively killing its arcane damage

FUCK OFF FROM
>>
>>318290020
i kinda felt bad for him until it's my 15th time fighting him and he's just a little whiny OP bitch
>>
>>318291159
is Pizzacutter even viable against stronger opponents/bosses?
>>
Laurence being nothing more than a flaming version of the Cleric Beast was pretty meh tho. Good thing that Ludwig at least pushed the envelope where spectacular bosses are concerned.

Story was just as muddled as in DS2. A telltale sign of the work of a B team, especially since Bloodborne's story has been From's greatest masterpiece of writing so far.
>>
File: almost8K.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
almost8K.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>318293080
It was the only reason i managed to take down Laurence. Fuck that flaming asshole!
>not my webm
>>
>>318293080
It's borderline broken

You can pellet + L2 and kill most bosses in under 30 seconds infinitely stunlocking them
>>
>>318293080
It's viable against everything.
>>
The levels themselves were fantastic, if a bit short. To be fair its like 1/3 of the size of the main game, so it still has some decent length. Fun secrets to find, great weapons and spells, and wonderful bosses. Probably the best Souls dlc.
>>
File: 1416186051771.png (1 MB, 1019x881) Image search: [Google]
1416186051771.png
1 MB, 1019x881
Fishing Hamlet might be the best area From has made for the series.
>>
>>318293505
his second form was pretty lulzy
>>
>>318289138
Fantastic dlc
This game is art
>>
Best boss fight in the game. No, best boss fight of all the Souls games
>>
>>318295631
Not really. Playing upper cathedral ward offline was scarier.
>>
It's a little short but it makes up for it with the amount of new weapons. I honestly don't have any complaints about build variety anymore, and adding the new forms on top of everything else solidified BB as GOTY. I just wish chalice dungeons were better
>>
>>318298412
bloodborne isnt a souls game
>>
File: 1319804425732.jpg (78 KB, 600x762) Image search: [Google]
1319804425732.jpg
78 KB, 600x762
>>318299961
In everything but name it is
>>
>>318300156
so you agree, nice
>>
I'm annoyed that we didn't get the cathedral ward hunters staff as a weapon.
>>
>>318300343
Or the beast cutlass, shadow of yharnam's scimitars, and logarious' weapons.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.