[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic related is cheap on PSN right now. How good is it. Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Atelier-Totori-Plus-Logo-2.jpg (307 KB, 1161x1474) Image search: [Google]
Atelier-Totori-Plus-Logo-2.jpg
307 KB, 1161x1474
Pic related is cheap on PSN right now. How good is it. Should I bother with it? I don't mind weeb games as long as they're good.
>>
>>318288236
It's not good.
>>
>>318288383
How come? Please elaborate.
>>
It's good, try it if you're interested.
>>
Totally go for it if you like chill games with great music.

The Atelier series is great, also stop using the term "weeb games".
>>
>>318288236
On what PSN?
>>
I've only played Rorona plus but if it's anything like that then those games have retarded dialogue, start slow ass balls and really hard postgame.
>>
It's quote possibly the comfiest series you could play.

It's up to you whether you think that's a good or bad thing.
>>
It was my first Atelier game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. This one takes a while to really get rolling, but if you want a story that is more down to earth and filled with just fun character events you'll enjoy it. The crafting is a whole lot of fun when you start getting into it and play around with it. It's a nice relaxing game to play.
>>
It's good, although the Atelier games are an acquired taste as it's about 1/3rd crafting, 1/3rd RPG and 1/3 slice of life VN.

Some advice: You should always be doing stuff in the game, if you ever feel you need to sleep except when forced to for MP reasons, you're doing it wrong.

Also, don't neglect the main storyline, always prioritise the non-assignment main story tasks as soon as you've completed one. The main quest eats up a lot of time that can catch you by surprise if you leave it too late.

And don't even try for the true end, the conditions are utter bullshit in AT
>>
>>318288568
it's a bad port with lots of slowdown and crashes
>>
>>318288236
I loved Rorona Plus. I bought Totori Plus from sale now too and it looks and feels really nice.
>>
>>318288236
It's good. The combat system, while not as interesting as in later games, is still serviceably complex due to the support mechanics, and it has some of the best crafting you'll find in video games (with it only being beaten by other Atelier games).
The characters are charming and develop well throughout the story and in Totori's case the story is actually quite good.
Just remember, there is no true ending.

>>318289838
This isn't true. The games didn't start crashing until Rorona Plus, and the PS3 version of Totori never ran well in the first place so the negligible slowdown isn't a problem with the port. The port also includes all of the PS3 version's DLC as well as some extra costumes and a "new" endgame dungeon.
>>
Okay, so it seems a lot of you guys are saying it's a good. Thanks for the help!
>>
>>318289223
EU PSN.
>>318289170
Let's be real, it is a weeb game. It's a shitty term, yes. But it gets the job done.
>>
>>318290209

Not him but that doesn't warrant a new buy for me. I'll just stick to my PS3 version and grab the DLC depending on whether I give a fuck about it or not.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.