[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How about a Fallout 2 thread? I'm on my first playthrough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
How about a Fallout 2 thread?

I'm on my first playthrough and just arrived in Vault City. Now I have Sulik and the bartender in my party. I heard you can invite Vic as well but I couldn't get the radio parts anywhere, so I had to leave him behind.

Having a blast so far. The Temple was ruthless, but after that, it has been smooth sailing. I feel a bit useless in combat compared to Sulik, but I haven't found any good guns yet, so I guess that has to be expected. Besides, my build is perfect for diplomacy, so I don't even have to engage in combat all that often.

Sadly I got addicted to Jet in the Den which has some drawbacks, but thankfully I have plenty of it with me.
>>
>>318287664
if you can't lockpick the door to Vic's shed to get the radio parts, you can also blow the door right off the hinges with some explosives.
>>
>>318288025
Yeah, I found some dynamite in the rat place, but I used it to blow up a door there. There's a guy who sells dynamite in Modoc as well, but he wants me to pay something like $1200 for it, so fuck that. I'll probably go back to the Den once I come across any explosives.
>>
bamp
>>
>1 agility
here we go
>>
>>318287664
Oh no, not this thread again.
>>
File: 1445120133169.png (178 KB, 365x339) Image search: [Google]
1445120133169.png
178 KB, 365x339
>action points: 2
>>
Smooth talking my way through the game it seems
>>
Welp apparently I have Fallout 1&2 on my GOG account.
Any unofficial patches/mods that you recommend before playing for the first time? thinking I'll go with an unarmed build.
>>
>>318290731
I just installed Restoration Project since someone recommended it to me. I don't really know, it's my first playthrough.
>>
>>318290793
>>318290731
No. Don't install Restoration Project during your first run. Play it vanilla first, then you can mod.

The patch changes bits of the main quest, makes it a bit harder etc.
>>
>>318287664

Get Cassidy, give him a rifle, and tell him to hang back. You'll be golden for the rest of the game.
Vic is ok, but not the best to have around if you can get the other companions.
>>
>1 AG

you're practically bound to a wheelchair
>>
>>318291117

Yeah you may really want to take a trainer and re-balance your stats, take one away from int and chr and add it to agi so you can at least have enough AP to fire a pistol.
>>
>>318287664
>1 AG
>3 EN
>10 CH
>1 AG
>Tagged Big Guns
>Bruiser
>1 fucking Agility
>Still made it to Vault City
This game must be easier than I remember
>>
>>318291361
I'm doing fine, I don't need to cheat to beat some old game
>>
>>318291489

You're doing fine now but you will have an extremely difficult time later in the game with a gimped character like that. I'm not suggesting you add extra SPECIAL points but rebalance them. Otherwise I believe you can add a special point from a perk, and there is a surgery option for another point if you get in with the BOS in SF.
>>
File: 1348368372395.jpg (95 KB, 521x448) Image search: [Google]
1348368372395.jpg
95 KB, 521x448
>make it to the tanker, end of the game
>very first turret kills both of my companions in one hit and leaves me with 10HP
Am I severely underleveled or is that area insanely hard? I have ~100HP and advanced power armor but I still get my ass kicked in that area.
>>
>>318291435
He's also using the restoration mod.
>>
>>318291942
You mean the Poseidon Oil Rig? Leave your companions in the first big empty room with the deactivated turrets and wear only the adv. power armor. It acts as a disguise
>>
>>318292238
Oh cool, I didn't realize. Thanks.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.