[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the non humanoid species be seen in combat/less static roles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: mass effect andromeda.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mass effect andromeda.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
Will the non humanoid species be seen in combat/less static roles?
>>
>Will EA budget for them to implement something expensive and time consuming that while it would greatly improve the product ultimately wouldn't drive sales to a significant degree?

No.
>>
I think they may be.
I just hope it is not copy pasta of inquisition in ME universe.
>>
>>318287502
Will we finally be able to play something other than fucking humans? I want to be a Krogan or yahg, god dammit.
>>
>>318288684
Bioware already said it would be that though. When Inquisition came out Bioware said you can look at Inquisition as a template/blueprint for what you'll see in Bioware's games going forwards.
>>
>>318288874
there was a poll and the majority of the fanbase doesn't want the option for some reason
>>
>>318287502
I just wanna date a Krogan.
>>
I want there to be multiple playable races. It can't be that hard, since voices for them are either normal (Asari) or put through filters, so you wouldn't even have to hire more than one VA for each sex. You don't even have to make the dialogue too species-specific, since most dialogue in ME was neutral anyway with the occasional mention of someone's species. The exception was all of the "first human spectre" and "humanity's last hope" etc., but since Andromeda is a clean slate, they don't have to deal with that at all. Just make it a race-neutral exploration game.
>>
>>318287502

Pretty much this:
>>318288668

>EA
>not cutting corners

That's adorable, OP
>>
File: 1434738405321.png (551 KB, 683x535) Image search: [Google]
1434738405321.png
551 KB, 683x535
>>318289167
>taking a poll from the ME fanbase

Can't think of a more depressing job.
>>
>>318289167
What, you mean the retards over the Bioware social network? I'm not surprised.
>>
File: me1-3_quests.jpg (154 KB, 1300x541) Image search: [Google]
me1-3_quests.jpg
154 KB, 1300x541
>had to jump to an entire new galaxy to get away from the fuckup that was ME3

Jesus, Bioware.
>>
>>318289364
this image isn't any less dumb no matter how many times it's posted
>>
>>318287502
No. It'll be the same as the previous games but with shinier graphics and 50x more fetch quests ala Inquisition.
>>
>>318289603
Explain what's wrong with it, fuckboy.
>>
>>318291369
I don't like it.
>>
>>318289167
Mind you a majority of ME fans also rolled soldier, the most boring class in the series. Just lroves that a majority of fans are boring and lack imagination.

>roll generic human space marine
>Because I r humanity stronk

Dragon Age was just as bad.
>>
>>318289225
This.

I just hope we get more unique romance options. I just want a female turian and a female krogan. No more generic asari romances.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (4 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
4 KB, 160x90
>>318287502
I just want to visit the hanar homeworld
>>
>>318291369
Doesn't take into account quality or time invested. ME3's fetch quests were generally picked up on missions or in the galaxy viewer, taking no time or effort. Not engaging, but not harmful. ME1's side quests, on the other hand, were actively offensive in their awfulness. The amount of a certain type of quest means nothing, it's the quality of the quests themselves that matter. I would take all 31 of ME3's boring fetch quests over even half of ME1's garbage side quests any day.
>>
As long as the vorcha don't come back they can do whatever?
>>
>>318293183
Fair points, but quality is subjective to a large degree. What is it about 1's that you hated so much? Aside from the ridiculous loading screens and general lack of mission specific dialogue/cutscenes I didn't think they were that bad. Some were quite neat, like the Luna base one or the one that changes based on your paragon/renegade score.

I will say ME3's had more work put into them and it was nice that each side quest had cutscenes and dialogue for all the squaddies. I've no doubt I'm biased to a degree due to my hatred of ME3.
>>
>What is it about 1's that you hated so much?
Repetition; only four types of bases spread out over 20+ missions, with barely any variety besides some moved boxes or differently placed mines. Maybe you'd get some different enemy types, but like the rest of the game it doesn't matter since you approach every fight the same way. It dragged down ME1's already shit combat. Also, you had to trek across boring, empty, samey (terrain-wise) planets to get to them except the space base. Everything in ME1 was rushed but the sidequests are easily the worst offenders.
>>
Are there any games with races as good as ME's? Every other fantasy game has the same elf-dwarf-orc horseshit or stupid looking races (Elder Scrolls).
>>
I hope so

Fighting cerberus soldiers in ME3 was repetitive
as hell, at least in ME2 the blue suns and other merc groups had non-human soldiers
>>
>>318291369
Not that anon but it equates missions without any regard to their length or quality.

ME1's "explore" a derelict ship missions count as a ME2 loyalty mission counts as much as a ME3 story mission.

Having a separate section for MP maps makes it seem like it's so bad to have them but ME1's shitty bunkers are fine?

It's the classic stupid person move of "durr more is better always"
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.