[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am so close to beating Devil May Cry 3, just at the final fight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 16
File: dmc3-dante2.jpg (128 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
dmc3-dante2.jpg
128 KB, 800x1000
I am so close to beating Devil May Cry 3, just at the final fight with Vergil. I've already been told by a friend to use Quicksilver as my style and Beowulf as my weapon. I get him down between halfway to quarter health but then he just DESTROYS me. Any help?
P.S. Guides are for pussies.
>>
>>318286892
>I've already been told by a friend to use Quicksilver as my style and Beowulf as my weapon.
Why would you use worst style and worst weapon?
>>
>>318287189
Quicksilver when he goes DT so I can knock him out of it immediately and Beowulf is the best one I've tried through trial and error. And Kalina Ann for secondary when he's stunned.
>>
>>318286892
Your friend is full of shit. Use trickster
>>
>>318286892
Use whatever style you're used to or what you've used the most. Switching to a new one not only handicaps your actual skill set but kills some of the fun of the final fight.
>>
>>318286892

I don't use Quicksilver, personally. Until you really git gud, try and take the fight slowly. It's been awhile since I've done the fight but there are some moves he's more vulnerable during. Get used to timing your jumps to dodge and then quickly following up with Killer Bee; depending on what he's doing, it'll knock him into a stagger animation where you can get some combos in. STOP BEFORE FINISHING YOUR SECOND OR THIRD COMBO. I don't remember which but he'll always interrupt the same one so when you get your shit pushed in, remember how many combo strings you did.

During the second half, try and save your DT for when he goes nuts with the downward slashes. You need the extra speed for dodging and damage reduction in case you get hit. Otherwise, the pattern remains largely the same. Just go slow and don't get overzealous.
>>
>>318287189

I honestly couldn't imagine not using Beo for that fight.
>>
>>318287681
I did that and his teleportation got me too fast. Especially towards half health and his DT makes him fly all over the map.
>>
>guides are for pussies
>comes to /v/ for help

kek
>>
>>318286892
trickster and rebellion is all i need. just dont get fucking hit or to greedy with your combos and you be fine.
>>
>>318287972
I'd rather get tips from people who beat it than somebody who's paid to walk people through it. I only use guides to get the multiple endings in Silent Hill.
>>
>>318287189

quicksilver has a million frames of invincibility and beo/kalina can loop him until death below DMD, and even on DMD just watch out for judgment storm and you're good
>>
File: 1427569663973.png (49 KB, 528x440) Image search: [Google]
1427569663973.png
49 KB, 528x440
>>318286892
git gudder
>>
Everybody: Trickster still got me killed, especially when he flew all over the map. Quicksilver helped me slow shit down and either dodge him or knock him out of DT quicker.
>>
>>318286892
>Literally S ranked all missions on DMD using swordmaster with rebellion and beowulf the entire game...

Just use what you are most comfortable with OP. Any style and weapons can be fucking awesome. Unfortunately gitting gud is like 95% of the struggle.
>>
Just use royal guard
>>
>>318288262
>I'd rather get help from someone who beat the game then from someone who beat the game

>Only the first option doesn't make me a pussy
>>
>>318288686

neutral jump
>>
>>318288686
Trickster is still the best way to go. Get used to using it and you should be fine.
>>
>>318288686
What's your level in trickster style?
>>
>>318288686

Well obviously Quicksilver is getting you killed too.

You're relying on a crutch that isn't really working for you. It's helping you through the easier part of the fight but can't get you through the harder one. You need to use a standard style and get better at normal dodging without relying on QS or you'll never finish the fight. The skills you gain doing that will still be useful in the second half of the fight and push you into victory.

People recommend Trickster for the extra mobility and because the fight doesn't really allow for lengthy combos and guns aren't really helpful. Royal Guard can also be good but you need to build the skill up to use that over time.

If you're going to ask people's opinions, it's usually less than productive to argue for the strategy you were already using.
>>
>>318291398
>guns aren't really helpful

people sleep on gunslinger too much, a single charged shot will knock vergil out of DT instead of blowing it all on a DTE.

but then again, OP is just starting out so I can see how trickster would be a lot more helpful
>>
>>318290648
This. Trickster gives you a hojilion invincibility frames. You can Air Dash or Air Trick through anything. When he goes into nuts Helm Smash mode you can just keep doing quick hops and air dashing until he stops. Same thing with his Judgement Cut spam. Air Trick also lets you close the gap instantly once his DT runs out so you can get maximum damage in afterwards.
>>
>Anyone saying any style other than Royal Guard for non-DMD Vergil.

lmao.

Royal Guard literally rapes Vergil until you get to DMD where you either learn to Just Guard the Summoned Swords or you use Trickster.
>>
>>318286892
You can beat him with any style of your good, but I'd recommend Swordmaster.
>>
>>318291671

That anon here, yeah I guess your right. I don't really use Gunslinger and I never hear people recommend it but I think it's just because hitting shit with swords is really satisfying.

I didn't know that about charged shots, might need to look into that.
>>
>>318292089

*you're

Fucking auto correct.
>>
>>318292089

works on all three vergils, charge a shot, run away like a coward, unload it all on him, and the very next hit you make will knock him out of DT no questions asked
>>
>>318288686
You're approaching the fight all wrong. When he gets low health he'll DT all the time, and you won't have enough DT built up to Quicksilver him out of it.

The way to beat Vergil is to learn how to deal with him when he's in DT, not to keep imagining you can knock him out of it. The easiest way of doing this is using Trickster. You want to learn to neutral jump as a dodge, but without practice you'll dodge an attack with it and fall right into another; sky star is your lifesaver, and air trick will let you rush in and combo instead of using straight which lets him recover faster. On top of this when he's staggered you can use your DT for its actual purpose, making the fight go quicker which overall will help with your trial and error.

If you don't know Vergil inside and out and can't anticipate what he's going to do, which naturally you don't, speed is your best and only real weapon.
>>
>>318286892
You want to keep shooting at him when he enters DT so he'll exit it faster or he'll just stay regenerating health and going apeshit until it runs out.

Also it's sort of a hard taboo to break but when you get to the harder difficulties don't be afraid to use items to pull your ass out of the fire. You're inadvertently conditioned to assume as such, but when I got the results screen despite going nuts with revives to avoid continues the item penalty wasn't even that bad and the time bonus as a result of not re-playing over and over was pretty sweet.

Also you're better off with something like Rebellion/Agni & Rudra. They have better range, and attacks that cover ground safely. Beowulf is good for damage but if you get caught slipping it really starts to feel like a futile fortune. I can't say for sure based on feel alone, but I'm pretty sure if you hit Vergil while he does his royal guard counter thing with Rebellion you have enough distance to roll or jump or whatever before he retaliates, with Beowulf I just found myself taking a combo to the fact every time and that just meant more revivals and more panicking and so on.

Also I don't know if it helps but try to count your attacks, I think it's around 9 or 10 Vergil will take before he tries to counter. It's easier to just stop, let him recover and then wait for another opening than to get countered, eat damage and then have to worry about your health.

Also invincibility frames are active on your jump, so sometimes it's better just to go mad like a rabbit when he starts doing his helm breaker spam. Saved my life once or twice. You should still check out the DMC3 advanced combat tutorial on youtube, it's not for pussies and pretty helpful actually.
>>
>>318291932
>Guy can't beat normal Vergil
>Is using Quicksilver to avoid dealing with DT Vergil

In what universe do you imagine this nigger is even close to ready to Just-Guarding Vergil's attacks?
>>
>>318292458
Shoot him to keep damage up, but Helm Breakers and Killer Bees are by far the easiest way to knock him out of Devil Trigger.
>>
>>318286892
Keep practicing.

Eventually you'll get this good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzvOjgXa6Ao
>>
File: 1445560643605.gif (2 MB, 347x267) Image search: [Google]
1445560643605.gif
2 MB, 347x267
>>318292608
I've been playing DMC3 for years and I still can't just-guard anything
>>
Use the shotgun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzQAVlcHNsg
>>
ROYAL GUUAAAARRRD
>>
Is the bat guitar actually good if you git gud with it, or is it just not that great?
>>
>>318293474
Everything is good when you git gud with it.

The most common way of using Nevan effectively is using it as a secondary weapon, almost like a gun, but even then its worth is limited if you're not using Swordmaster.
>>
>>318286892
Stop being a beta faggot and use royal guard like a true alpha male.
>>
>>318293474
Every weapon is good when in the hands of a master. There is no bad weapon in DMC3.

Even the firearms are all good. It's possible to do firearms-only runs even at the highest levels of difficulty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZGCjndrPfw
>>
>>318293474
Nevan is great if you're good with it, but that applies to every weapon really.
>>
>>318294091
This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kitFV4F8hbM
>>
I just recently got DMC3 for my PS2
and i'm not very good at parrying. The only two styles i've used are Royal Guard and Trickster, and i like Royal Guard more. How would i get better at parrying? I just recently beat vergil fight 1 after a gorillion retries on normal, is there any enemy that is easy to learn parrying against?
>>
>>318293753
Most of Nevan's goodness is locked behind using Swordmaster style.
>>
I guess this is a good place to ask. I had an absolute blast with MGR and want to try the Devil May Cry games. Where do I start? I'd go chronologically but nobody seems to ever talk about 1 or 2.
>>
File: Enigma.gif (57 KB, 600x528) Image search: [Google]
Enigma.gif
57 KB, 600x528
>get DMC HD Collection earlier this month
>play DMC3
>play Normal difficulty
>"Eh, this is pretty good. Interesting bosses. Some quite challenging. Enemies are either pushovers or ultra annoying, like those dumbass angels."
>beat Normal difficulty
>play Hard difficulty
>"Wow. Quite a jump. Enemies are actually trying to attack me now. And bosses hurt a lot more and attack a whole lot more. I'm dying quite a lot in some of these sections. This is quite hard."
>beat Hard difficulty
>unlock Very Hard and Dante Must Die
>go straight to Dante Must Die, thinking, "Why the fuck should I play Very Hard mode when I already have Dante Must Die mode unlocked?"
>Mission 1 of DMD mode
>"Holy shit, these enemies are aggressive as fuck. And did some of them just get new moves? And why the fuck are they glowing purple now? Why the fuck does it take me 4-5 times longer to kill them when they're glowing purple?"

And so I played DMD until I beat Mission 3. Died about 30 times. I then learned that the "purple glow" is Devil Trigger that automatically activates once you kill the first 2-3 enemies of each mob wave. And yes, it turns out that some enemies indeed gain new moves. Even the bosses gain new moves, like the triple WHOOSH attack of the grim reaper who is the boss of Mission 2.

I quit when I got to the part in Mission 4 where I am locked into a room with several of those bullshit red archers (pic related). Each hit takes away half my health. Fucking bullshit.

So here I am trying to beat Very Hard mode before returning to Dante Must Die mode. I guess I am a casual.
>>
>>318292751
How do you manage to play a game for so long and not pick up on enemy attack patterns and timings?
>>
>>318295367
git crz
>>
>>318294926
Don't skip 1 - the game is still very good even if DMC3's combat is better. The atmosphere of the first game is incredible and the boss fights are amazing. You should also play 2, but it can wait (it is the weakest game in the series by far but it has some enjoyable parts).
>>
File: 1448667818279.jpg (61 KB, 703x703) Image search: [Google]
1448667818279.jpg
61 KB, 703x703
>>318286892
>Best villain.
>At the end Vergil pretty much dies.
Why?
>>
>>318293474
Nevan is amazing if you get you good with it, but that goes for every weapon. Nevan in particular completely fucks Enigmas, the summoned bats will eat any arrows they shoot at you.
>>
>>318294720

>How would i get better at parrying? I just recently beat vergil fight 1 after a gorillion retries on normal, is there any enemy that is easy to learn parrying against?

There is no easy solution. Each enemy has radically different parry timings. These timings ALSO change once you get to the highest difficulty level, since some enemies become FAR more aggressive at the highest difficulties. The only solution is to practice, practice and practice with each individual enemy. Does that sound hard? Yes, it is. But no one said getting good at this game would be easy.

If you want general gameplay strategy tips for Royal Guard (or any other style), watch the videos in this guy's channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/anotherblowhard/search?query=royal

Like these three:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5hn5a5gTBo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol5HFjyeu6E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThuCKjOBirM
>>
>>318295367
DMC3's enemy DT system is pretty fucking garbage. DMC1's was vastly superior in that regard. DMC3's DMD requires you to know how to use Devil Trigger Explosion (DTE) to handle mobs.
>>
>>318294926

1 was pretty good, 2 was pretty dissapointing that didnt have much to offer in terms of gamplay or story, 3 was by far the best one in the franchise adn probably still is. Storywise it starts in DMC 3 and ends in DMC1, with DMC2 beeing mostly filler. Keep in mind that 3 had much faster passe than the rest, which can make DMC1 dissapoining in some fighting aspects if you start with it.
>>
>>318290648
but the best way to go is ROYALGUARD
>>
>>318294926
DMC1 is sort of like a prototype for everything that came after it. It's a great game, but not quite the same as those it inspired.

DMC2 was fucking trash slapped together by a constantly changing team before DMC1 was even finished. It has one or two saving graces that are not worth all the shit it is filled with. Play only out of curiosity.

DMC3 is the pinnacle of the genre. The PC version sucks but the style switcher mod fixes the majority of the issues it has, and you can turn the actual Style Switcher off for your first run since without prior knowledge it can get in the way.

DMC4 is probably the easiest entry point into the series, as Nero was designed for new players. But then when you get to Dante you'll have no idea what the fuck you're doing and probably have a bad time. Lady, Trish, and Vergil in SE are more of a mixed bag.

I'd suggest you start with DMC3 (HD collection or PC port with SS mod with SS turned off), then if you liked that play DMC4:SE, doing the Nero/Dante path first then going where you like after that.

DMC is quite different to MGR though, so you might not click with it at first, but stick with it and once you get the control and style differences down you'll have a blast. Make a note to play Bayonetta at some point as well.

Godspeed Anon.
>>
>>318295663
Because it's a prequel to DMC1 and in DMC1 Vergil is Nelo Angelo.
>>
>>318295367
DMC3 DMD is pretty fucking hard, I don't believe the memers who say they beat it while mindlessly mashing buttons
>>
File: Dante riding with style.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dante riding with style.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Hello? Is this the crazy thread?
>>
File: 1387609176634.gif (39 KB, 415x415) Image search: [Google]
1387609176634.gif
39 KB, 415x415
>>318293474
I'd say Nevan is the most awkward to learn out of all the Devil Arms, but when you git gud it's like being a god of rock.
>>
>>318296012
>Bayonetta
This. Play Bayonetta, it can be considered a mainline DMC game. Play the sequel if you have a WiiU as well, but it isn't a system seller (improves some things but makes others weaker so really just more of the same, which is GOOD, but makes it ok to miss out on, too).
>>
File: 60108_front.jpg (99 KB, 640x910) Image search: [Google]
60108_front.jpg
99 KB, 640x910
Out of curiosity, did any of you here actually play this game when it came out in 2005?

Apparently, the US version of the game had this bug where the Normal Difficulty was actually the Hard difficulty of the JP version of the game. So even if you played on Normal Difficulty, you experienced a very hard version of the game.

Also, is it true that if you died in the original PS2 version of the game, you would ALWAYS get sent back straight to the start of the level unless you had those rare Yellow Orbs? I have the DMC HD Collection, and I play on "Gold" mode, so if I die, I always restart at a Goddess Statue. If true, then the original PS2 version of the game was brutal as fuck.

Which makes me wonder: How the hell did this game get such glowing reviews when it came out? If it indeed is super hard, then I thought reviewers would give this game low scores. But it got a fucking 9.6 out of 10 from IGN. I repeat: A NINE POINT SIX FROM IGN.
>>
>>318295663
>prety much die
>he didnt play DMC1
>>
File: Mom! Dante's cheating again!.webm (2 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Mom! Dante's cheating again!.webm
2 MB, 1024x768
>>318296204
Sorry wrong number, that's one board over.
>>
>>318296452
>How the hell did this game get such glowing reviews when it came out?
it didn't, it got low-mid 80s reviews precisely because reviewers were butthurt about the difficulty, look at the gamespot review for example
>>
>>318296441
>Play the sequel if you have a WiiU as well, but it isn't a system seller

I agree with this entirely, but the WiiU does have Wonderful 101 as well (made by Kamiya, the guy behind DMC1 and Bayonetta) which, when combined, I think does make it a system seller.

Not to be that guy pushing a fucking console on people or anything, but more people need to play W101.
>>
>>318296452
>bug
I always thought it was intentional, aren't there several games where the US version is harder? And yes, it didn't have both Gold and Yellow Orbs. If you died, it was back to the start.

Whoever reviewed the game back then must have actually played it. Madness, I know, but it was a different time.
>>
>>318296452
It is the pinnacle of the genre - being hard was just part of the ticket price.

Both of the things you say are correct (although I heard it wasn't a bug for the difficulty per se).
>>
>>318296441
>it can be considered a mainline DMC game
Hardly, Bayo and DMC don't really share much in common besides having a lock on and taunt button. It plays completely different, witch time and DT aren't similar and the way attacking and stringing combos work are a lot different as well.
>>
>>318292863
I've been playing DMC3 for about 6 years, this is by far the most impressive Style video I've ever seen.
>>
>>318296452
I did. It was fire. The trial that made me the neckbeard I am today.
>>
>>318296473
>he remembers my .webm
Brightened my day, anon. I haven't been to /cgg/ in forever, but now I want to go visit.
>>
>>318296686
>Whoever reviewed the game back then must have actually played it.
The IGN guy who gave the game a 9.6 out of 10 was clearly very passionate about the game. You can hear his enthusiasm in his review, which surprised me coming from IGN. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lu57IGHiBI

>I know, but it was a different time.
Yeah, this was the period when fucking Ninja Gaiden Black also got top scores from gaming publications. Sad how the times have changed.
>>
>>318296770
>witch time and DT aren't similar and the way attacking and stringing combos work are a lot different as well.

I seriously wish more people realized this when comparing the two franchises.
>>
>>318296770
>missing the point this badly
>>
>>318295367
>I quit when I got to the part in Mission 4
I went full Rambo when that happened, found a nice corner now and then where they were offscreen, aimed and just shot the shit out of them gaining DT to recover health or use Quicksilver then gained rank by Cerberus-chucking the fuck out of them and their arrows in slow mo.
Cheap as hell but it works. Just wish the style and weapon switch were implemented earlier so they could have balanced for it. I'm not sure how broken it gets back having Swordmaster's moves, Quicksilver's saving throw, Royal Guard for shit-I'm-out-of-options panic mode and retaliation would have been great.

Super Dante also doesn't help that much, so don't expect a stepping stone reward I thought as much and wasn't too happy. Damn shame.

Another damn shame is when you save over a file when you start a new Dante/Vergil campaign.
>>
>>318296163

>I don't believe the memers who say they beat it while mindlessly mashing buttons

Funny how these people always show up. And when they say these stupid things, you can tell they never went past Easy Automatic or Normal difficulty. And even then I can bet they used plenty of healing items.

It's clear that they don't know anything about the games and didn't even bother to learn about the game's deep combat mechanics but they still feel a need to denigrate it. It's a shame, really.
>>
>>318297106
Just because Kamiya made it doesn't mean it can be considered a mainline DMC title. There's no point to miss, especially when the two series are radically different.
>>
>>318286892
>Guides are for pussies
>asks /v/ to guide him through it anyway
No, you are a fucking pussy. Literally git gud is the fucking answer you deserve, you cocksucking hypocritical millenial.
>>
>>318297008
>Sad how the times have changed.
They haven't, stop applying revisionist thinking you tard. DMCfans were mad at the time about the relatively low average score because of whining reviewers, literally just look at the bottom reviews here all complaining about difficulty http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/devil-may-cry-3-dantes-awakening/critic-reviews
>>
Why are hack and slash games so fucking boring and easy?
>>
File: Only Casual if you Quit.jpg (36 KB, 524x264) Image search: [Google]
Only Casual if you Quit.jpg
36 KB, 524x264
Persevere. You've come this far you can beat him.
>>
>>318296563
It is also the reason why people who were gaming at the time really started to distrust reviews.

The pure amount of assblasted reviewing was amazing, and tended to show just how bad many reviewers actually were.
>>
The floor is lava!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUQPPHrpOos
>>
>>318297549
Your mom was boring and easy when I fucked her last night.
>>
>>318297549
Depends which ones you are playing.
>>
File: IGN.jpg (182 KB, 1007x891) Image search: [Google]
IGN.jpg
182 KB, 1007x891
>>318297008
>Sad how the times have changed
>>
>>318297549
Boring, easy, shit characters, who gives a fuck story, atleast they look nice!
>>
Who /15yearsOldandWatchingAdultSwimIn2005whenYouSeeThisAndForTheFirstTimeInYourLifeReachMaximumHype/ here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6YMXXutxI8
>>
>>318288686
You know that even the basic jump has invincibility frames right
You don't need any style
>>
>>318297008
That was by far the most passionate review I've ever seen for a game. You can tell he's a CUHRAYZEE bro like the rest of us.
>>
>>318297549
Feel free to die when you've had enough.
>>
>>318297579
>When the Sloths surround you in Leviathan's heart but you ASHES TO ASHES DUST TO DUST then get that Jump Cancel rhythm just right as it tries to use lasers and instead eats damage
Das so fucking it mane.
I love jump cancelling, it's hard to always get right but once you do it just makes sense.
>>
>>318286892
git gud
>>
>>318298395
>xD, quoting a shitty repetitive song that is played nonstop
>>
>>318297578
Makes me wonder how /v/ would have reacted to DMC3 if /v/ and 4chan existed in 2005 and if /v/ was as populated as it is now. How would they react to a game as hard and unforgiving as DMC3?
>>
>>318298448
Whoops confused sloths with envy. Always figured their slow gait was sloth like.

Also Arkham's non-rhyme during the ceremony still bothers me.
>Slow steady gait
>[Next line doesn't rhyme in hell gate]
I just don't understand.
>>
>>318298697
Probably call it artificial difficulty, this place is a casual baby shithole now.
>>
>>318296452
>Also, is it true that if you died in the original PS2 version of the game, you would ALWAYS get sent back straight to the start of the level unless you had those rare Yellow Orbs?

They fucking changed this? Fuck casuals.

I played the original, and it was brutal.
>>
>>318286892

spam items if you can't handle it
just expect ppl to laugh at you
>>
>>318292863
That's not shotgun only... He's using Rebellion to double jump. What a fraud.
>>
>>318286892
>not using royal guard and just rebellion
>>
>>318298025
I remember spending about 2-3 hours at my house trying to download a low-quality version of the DMC3 trailer. This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCqjjgi2MJg

I was still using dial-up Internet back then. Man, I must have watched this trailer like 10 times a day as a highschool senior. It was the coolest thing in the world at the time for me.
>>
File: crazy dmc3.jpg (85 KB, 707x595) Image search: [Google]
crazy dmc3.jpg
85 KB, 707x595
>>318297008
>>
Is it cheating to use the Super Dante costume(or whatever the infinite DT one is called) for DMD, or are you just expected to use it at first to get used to that difficulty?
>>
>>318286892
Jfc your friend is shit.

Use Trickster or swordmaster level 3, if you don't have level 3 then grind previous levels until you do.
Use Rebellion and Ebony and Ivory.

Vergil opens with round trip, which can be countered with a well timed attack. If Vergil starts to combo you, enter Devil Trigger to minimize damage. He's usually vulnerable after a combo so attack him with Rebellion combos.

At around 3/4 health, Vergil will use Devil Trigger, you must get him out of this before he heals back all the damage you've dealt. I reccomend Devil Trigger if you're having trouble doing that.
If memory serves me right, at around 1/4 health, vergil disappears and uses rapid judgememt cut. The trick to avoiding this is to just run around, don't just jump randomly otherwise you might jump into one.

Once you learn to avoid his attacks and attack when he's open, you should do fine.
>>
>>318298824
>They fucking changed this? Fuck casuals.
They did in the HD Collection. When you start DMC3, you can choose between Gold and Yellow mode.

If you choose Yellow mode, it's the old DMC3 style of returning to the start of the level when you died. No mercy.

If you chose Gold mode, you'd get returned to the last Goddess Statue you touched when you died, so like the ones right before the start of a boss. It was more forgiving.
>>
>>318299071
Yes, it's cheating. Almost the whole point of the game is the ballbreaking difficulty. If you can't handle that, then play something else.
>>
>>318299071
It's not cheating since it's in the game and the devs give it to you.

It will not, however, be of much help to you if you suck at the game, because you cannot heal with green orbs with the Super Dante costume, and you WILL still get hit a lot if you are not a good player.

Just get tough and get good with regular Dante.
>>
>>318298697
>hard and forgiving
>>
>>318286892
used the max level of trickster on Vergil on hard difficulty and beat him on the 10th or so try. Memorize the times he's open so that you can melee attack him as much as possible, only use guns if you're waiting for an opening.
>>
>>318298824
The Special Edition gave you the option to choose which orb you wanted to use.

>>318298981
You and me both. For a long time I was straight-up obsessed with Devil May Cry, I think it will always be my favorite franchise.

>>318299071
You've already finished the game to get Super Dante, so it's not really cheating.
>>
>>318299305
Just googled it. Apparently they also ramped down the difficulty. Is it wrong that I feel like something was stolen from me?
I know the "hard" mode is the same as original "normal," but it still feels wrong.

By then, I'll already have my style maxed and purchased all the moves for my guns/weapons. So of course it won't be as hard as the original game.

I'm really really mad now.
>>
>>318298824
The 'changed' one is the Japanese original as it was originally intended. The yellow orb shit was just made to fuck with burgers.
>>
>>318299373
I was asking if I am supposed to use it at first to get used to DTed enemies and all that, then master it with normal Dante, not if that's how I'm supposed to play forever. If the only point was really difficulty, then the game might as well have just started out on DMD mode.
>>
>>318299838
You already encounter DTed enemies in normal mode.
>>
>>318299556
You can literally start a new game on DMD with no upgrades if you want to. Nothing was taken away.
>>
what exercises should I do to build up stamina I don't get tired as fuck button mashing for million stab
>>
>>318299936
What? How do you start with no upgrades?
>>
>>318299949
>to build up stamina I don't get tired as fuck button mashing for million stab

Simple. Don't use MIllion Stab too often. It's not that powerful anyway, despite its animation. Helm Breaker is still more powerful. Remember to always change up your moves. It also helps to build Style Meter.
>>
>>318299949
MGS torture sequences and pizza speed eating.
>>
>>318300096
> Don't use MIllion Stab too often.
it's pretty useful for DMD to catch multiple enemies at once
>>
>>318300065

At the title screen Hold R1 + R2 + L1 + L2 + D-pad Up/Left + Left Analog-stick Down/Right.

Disables Trophies as well as saving/loading until you reset the game.

Unlocks everything.
>>
>>318300065
Just start a new game. In the mission select screen any unlocked difficulty levels are available.
>>
>>318300232
>disables saving/loading
Oh, but that's fucking retarded. I want to play through the whole game, but not in one goddamn sitting.

>Nothing was taken away.
That is literally not true based on what you just said.
>>
>>318299556
Yes, they gave you the "Normal" mode back if you wanted it easier.

But they also left the "Hard" mode unlocked, for people who played the original and liked it. You were at no time forced to play the easier mode.
>>
File: MOTIVATED.png (3 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
MOTIVATED.png
3 MB, 3000x3000
>>318299949
I've played through all of the games and on every difficulty, and E&I still wear my thumb out in less than an hour.

Wish there was a way to play higher difficulty without spamming that goddamned button.

DMC4 mitigates it somewhat, but goddamn, at a certain point it's just annoying.
>>
>>318300402
Wait, DMC3SE starts with "Hard" (aka US Normal) unlocked?
Google seems to say otherwise.
>>
>>318298981
I know exactly that feel. Looking back it's bare minimum compared to the cinematic movies we get now, but it just felt like a new era was dawning from the little said and shown. It's also pretty blunt but clever since when I first started playing the game every time I accidentally did a move I saw from the trailer I was losing my shit
>Dante can spin on poles and swords?!
>Dante can ride on enemies?!
>Rainstorm?! Wall running?!
Not even realizing that was just the tip of the iceberg as the styles and levels and weapons open up more angles and depth and Devil trigger adds just a bit more. Then there's the tech you're not told like jump cancel and i frames and switch cancel and buffering and countering certain attacks and projectiles and shieeeeet.

I also connect with that other anon's obsession period, there was so little but I needed to know all I could.
>>
How hard is DMC2 on DMD? I'm going through the series again so I might as well unlock Trish in it.
>>
File: hell yeah motherfucker.png (73 KB, 700x992) Image search: [Google]
hell yeah motherfucker.png
73 KB, 700x992
>that quiet friend who was sheltered until high school
>let him borrow DMC3 as an introduction to the series
>his super Christian family hates it because it's violent
>tell them it's about killing demons with style
>his whole family loves it
>>
>>318299949
At least your controller registers button mashing, Agni and Rudra's Million Slash won't come out for me ever. I want to beast so hard on Cerberus' faces but it just doesn't happen.

Tempest is nice, but it's just not the same kind of direct hurt I like to feel and see at the start of a really painful combo. Tempest is something I prefer ending with before going into Aerial attacks.
>>
Does anyone know how to stop the game automatically lowering the difficulty on DMC4:SE?

Whenever i face Dante on any difficulty above normal i just get my shit shoved back in about 3-4 times, then when i finally beat him the level clear screen tells me it's lowered the fucking difficulty!!
What an outrage! How am i supposed to git gud if the game just lowers the difficulty of the boss temporarily? I want to beat him because i actually got better rather than because the game felt sorry for me
>>
>>318301187
Yeah, git gud.
>>
>>318301187
I don't know if you can disable it or not but if you git gud then it won't happen. I don't know what else to tell you, Dante in DMC4 is notorious for reading inputs and taking advantage of the smallest opening you leave.
>>
>>318300815
It's pretty easy, but it has it's moments of difficulty. Trismagia is pretty damn hard and so is the final boss.

You also only need to play on Hard to get Trish.
>>
File: 34060106-t81yKkdl4cjc52oy-s-.png (25 KB, 300x232) Image search: [Google]
34060106-t81yKkdl4cjc52oy-s-.png
25 KB, 300x232
>>318300671

Man, thinking about it makes me so nostalgic. Back then, downloading trailers took such a long time. I'd always look for the RealPlayer (remember that?) version of files because of how they typically were the smallest of the file sizes compared to the .WMV or .QTE files. Even a 10-20 megabyte size difference was important, because that meant 1-2 less hours downloading on my dial-up Internet and pissing off my folks with an extremely expensive monthly phone bill.

But yeah, when I began playing DMC3 on my friend's PS2, I got hooked. It was such a great sense of discovery trying to learn all the new moves and coming up with my own playstyle on how to counter the enemies of the game. I didn't actually beat the game when I first played it on the PS2. Played all the way to Agni & Rudra and died about 30 times. I stopped playing because I was preparing to go to college. Didn't actually beat the game until I graduated from college. Still, I felt proud because most of my friends couldn't even beat Cerberus.
>>
>>318286892
If you're dying to him like 10 times in a row just take a break, then come back to it the next day or something
>>
>>318301187
lmao that's embarassing

Dante telegraphs all his shit, don't brainlessly mas buttons, figure out the pattern.
>>
>>318301384
I can usually get him to 1/4 health most times before he just beasts me with combos that wipe my health, and then the game just lowers the difficulty.

I can breeze through the rest of the game pretty easily on most difficulties (DMD still makes me sweat) but motherfucking dante just fucks me every time.
>>
>play original game
>get my shit fucked
>it took days, but I finally beat it
>buy the HD version earlier this year
>game seems way easier
>think I've just gotten better at games
>read >>318296452's post
>google it
>shame and humility are my blankets tonight
>>
>dmcshitters

If only you'd had xbox growing up.
>>
>>318301851
Like I said, he's notorious for reading inputs, even more so than Shao Kahn in MK9. There are some cheap as fuck things you can do against him, but overall he's just a hassle.
>>
>>318302221
They're both action games, but that's where the similarities end. They have a very different flow. It's like comparing Donkey Kong Country to Super Mario World. Both great, for different reasons.
>>
>>318301467
>I'd always look for the RealPlayer (remember that?)
I still have the files for it somewhere on my EHDD.
>>
>>318286892
Git gud
>>
>>318302221
Come on. Don't start that shit. Both are fantastic pure-action games. I happened to have been fortunate enough to have well-off parents who got me both a PS2 and an Xbox in the early 2000s. Played the original Ninja Gaiden -- and later Ninja Gaiden Black -- and also played Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3. Loved them all (well, except DMC2).
>>
>>318301010

Reminds me of that greentext about the anon with the pastor father who approved of Doom because it was about a guy who was put in a hopeless fight against the forces of Satan, but picked up the shotgun and kept fighting anyway.
>>
>>318303176
Yeah, it was a pretty similar situation. Just goes to show you that presentation + context can be a powerful combination.

I never showed them Bayonetta though.
>>
>>318301019
>I want to beast so hard on Cerberus' faces but it just doesn't happen.

That's not how you beast hard on Cerberus's faces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1r8dTAJgHg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1DzAm6blps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWyfLGP6v04
>>
>>318287189
For me, I would always use at least Rebellion and/or Beowulf, plus Artemis with Gunslinger. Multilock really does help.
>>
>>318303620
>Holding DT for Devil Explosion plus Helm Breaker plus storing Royal Guard on Ice projectile, icicle hail, ice floor and lunge
I know it's possible, but it's already too much to take in. I'd flub that up somehow.
Either way I love hearing Cerberus rage mode quote. It's when you know you've made it.

Those speed runs are nuts though! I've got to try that. Never even thought to.
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.