[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you want out of the next game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
What do you want out of the next game?
>>
2D. I don't care if the graphics are not sprites or hand-drawn, but there needs to be some good shaders, like in new Guilty Gear.
Many different upgrades that you can disable and enable as you wish, even if there's no real point to.
Nice interconnected map.
>>
>>318284310

Samus has to explore an entire alien planet naked
>>
>>318284310
A 3D Prime style game on the NX, and a sidescroller 2D game on the 3DS.
>>
File: 1417561076738.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1417561076738.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
More Prime.
>>
Wii U 2D but beautiful like Ori and old school metroidvania as fuck.
>>
Federation Force sequel
>>
How would you guys feel about a 3D Metroid with faster, more agile gameplay closer to the 2D games? Like walljumping, ledge grabbing, boosting everywhere, etc.

I think it'd be great.
>>
>>318284310
For it to exist
>>
>>318285902
No thanks. Vanquish already exists.
>>
I don't even know anymore. I don't want to say "more of the same," it's been long enough now, I want something new, sort of like the way that prime was new (made the series 3D).

And I don't mean "Other M" new, I mean a good change for the series.

For example, semi-open world, with vehicular combat? Who doesn't want to go out, hunt a bounty, and kill it / board their ship and take them alive following a ship to ship boss fight? That's kind of what Samus is about. I want to see her hunting bounties, not doing the rare bit of Federation work. Show us the Metroid universe, Nintendo
>>
2D >>>>> 3D
>>
>>318285110
loss?
>>
File: 1414276084800.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1414276084800.webm
3 MB, 854x480
Everything new like the Primes were.
>>
>>318285902

I just want a 3d person/1st person game thats sort of like prime but with more fluid dodging mechanics and minimal physical combat like kicking something latches on to you.
>>
A remake of Metroid II with Arc System Works style sprites
>>
no waggleware shit
>>
>>318284310
>the next game
That.

I want that.
>>
File: samini.png (529 KB, 1024x854) Image search: [Google]
samini.png
529 KB, 1024x854
>>318284310

-2D
-Follows Metroid Fusion
-Actual focus on hunting Metroids like in Metroid II
-Little to no story
-No voice acting
-Vanillaware does the game engine and sprites; Makoto Kano directs the game
>>
File: 1337665401198.jpg (132 KB, 672x1400) Image search: [Google]
1337665401198.jpg
132 KB, 672x1400
a 2D game on par with Super/ZM, or something more like Fusion

or a new Prime game

or something like Other M's core gameplay (as in, 3D with 2D sections, third person) but without the issues (both in gameplay and story)
>>
>>318286349
Any official remake wouldn't be as good as AM2R.
>>
>>318284310
A 2D metroid game with sick sprite work that's pretty much a better, bigger Super Metroid, with the physics of Zero mission
>>
2D, explore a huge "open" maze world where everything is connected like Super Metroid. I want to be alone, no voices, little text for context clues, hey maybe even no text at all. But I know we will never get that experience again because everything nintendo makes these days has to appeal to the soccer moms.
>>
>>318286506

I too want fusion to be partially retconned. I seriously hate the idea that a nuclear space station could obliterate a planet into dust. Even Sakamoto said it was dumb.

More than anything though I want a new canon, in the sense that the metroid manga is absolute shit. I want metroids to go back to feeling like an invention of ancient chozo that possibly served a greater purpose than simply eating X. I want them to go back to feeling like one of the major factors for Chozo death across the universe.
>>
>>318284310
Did Samus lose her right arm in this picture?
>>
>>318284310
I want Sakamoto to fuck off and leave the game alone.
>>
Metroid needs to get back to its roots in exploration

No more linear railroading and stupid cutscenes

I think the ideal direction for the series to go would be a semi open-world game where there are multiple paths to the next destination, and some flexibility in the order you complete areas

The original Metroid Prime was somewhat on the right track but then Prime 2 and 3 dropped the ball and became increasingly linear and story-driven

Unfortunately Nintendo thinks people like Metroid because of its b-tier sci fi universe so we will never get this
>>
>>318286863

>I too want fusion to be partially retconned.
But I never said that...

>More than anything though I want a new canon
No, stop. The current Metroid series has had maybe two bad things in its history. Rebooting the series would completely kill it. Stop trying to suggest shit that killed Castlevania.
>>
File: 1403568090148.jpg (245 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
1403568090148.jpg
245 KB, 720x1080
>>318287074
Prime 2 > Prime 1
>>
>>318286054
nintendo would just make it edgy and poop it up with dialogue, they fucked that up already
>>
Old Samus called out of retirement to face off with Space Pirates that have been working in secret for years.

Prime-stylr 3D, stick to one planet. Return to "basics" from Prime for the most part, but introduce some new mechanics (being able to melee things would be OK, I think). New weapon types I guess, but no harm in bringing back old standards.
>>
>>318284310
2D...like seriously why haven't they made a proper Metroid since Zero Mission in fucking '04.
>>
>>318286971
What is Sakamoto up to these days, anyway? Was Other M the last game he worked on?
>>
>>318284310
>What do you want out of the next game?

A silent protagonist with no flavor text outside of the intro/outro and an interconnected map that offers 3 initial branches that then branch out to each other and more areas with varying degrees of difficulty to get there based on how fine your control of the character's movement is.
>>
>>318286863
Stop whining.
>>
>>318288110
>Fan caring about what he's a fan of
STOP WHINING!!!
>>
>>318287260
Fuck that
>>
File: 1417041943083.jpg (57 KB, 530x350) Image search: [Google]
1417041943083.jpg
57 KB, 530x350
>>318287260
Correct opinion.
>>
>>318288207
His complaints make no fucking sense. At no point was it implied that the Metroids were part of the Chozo's passing, he's trying to ascribe his fucking headcanon to the series and then complain that the series doesn't match up with it.
>>
Legoman on the art direction team.
>>
>>318286971

Sakamoto has already been taken off the Metroid series. Miyamoto and another producer have talked abut making new games in the future. Both 2D and 3D.

Problem is, their new direction has led to Federation Force.
>>
>>318288625
>implying federation force wasn't cancelled
>>
>>318285957
But my idea were more like Metroid Prime meets Vanquish, meets Mirror's Edge.

>>318286054
>vehicular combat
I think vehicles would be an interesting addition to the series. Samus' Gunship in particular could be implemented better.

>>318286325
I don't see why they couldn't add some minimal melee combat to my idea.
>>
>>318288623
Only if we get NTR
>>
>>318284310
To exist. I just want them to stop using OM Samus in ads and in Smash and shit. I don't care who designs the new armor.
>>
File: BIOWEAPONS.png (3 KB, 142x142) Image search: [Google]
BIOWEAPONS.png
3 KB, 142x142
>>318287940
>no flavor text outside of the intro/outro
>not liking scanning
>>
File: 1447037848418.png (435 KB, 1260x1920) Image search: [Google]
1447037848418.png
435 KB, 1260x1920
>>318288796
I was referring to more on the lines of just character concepts, creation and development.
>>
>>318289019
I just can't disconnect his sameface from NTR.
>>
I want to be able to actually hunt bounties
>>
>>318289165
>I want to be able to actually hunt bounties
Apparently that was a localization thing. Samus is not what we think of as a bounty hunter. I believe the nips were going for more of a mercenary type thing.
>>
>>318289341

Samus has been called both a Mercenary and a Bounty Hunter. So yeah, she's probably more of just a hired gun. That's how she handles all her missions in the game. I mean, she gets payment for killing Metroids and you can call that a 'bounty'. But it really isn't. She is more like a hitman who cleans up the problems of the universe. Just instead of hitting humans, she kills aliens, shadows, space parasites, chozo ghosts and basically anything.
>>
File: 2DPixelArtNoWatermark.jpg (2 MB, 2500x1407) Image search: [Google]
2DPixelArtNoWatermark.jpg
2 MB, 2500x1407
>>
>>318287157

>Two bad things

The entire manga is terrible, just retconn it and simplify it to what we already knew before it was written.

That Samus was raised by birds, that samus was genetically modified by birds and that she was given the power suit and left to persue some unknown military involvement with the Gfed before becoming a bounty hunter.

No gay shit with Motherbrain wanting Samus to be her weapon, no Motherbrain inventing metroids, no "Zebes Chozo made metroids for SR-388" and especially no faggot space squirrels.

I see the manga as sakamoto preparing the series for other M, which is why it included all this weird shit with Motherbrain and Ridley. We'd be better off without it.
>>
>>318290084

>I see the manga as sakamoto preparing the series for other M
And as usual, everything comes back to Other M. The hared for this one game is so strong, people develop conspiracies and hating things that came out 15 years before it.

You're pathetic. Other M was bad. The manga was fine. The series does not need a reboot just because of your personal dislikes. Especially since if they did do a full blown reboot, you'd still just come up with reasons why that sucked.
>>
Either another Prime or a 2D game. Getting both is the best-case scenario.

An actual Federation Marine game would be good, too. Wasn't there a dead Federation marine in Super Metroid? Could show what happened to him as a little sidestory in the 2D game.
>>
I

just

want

exploration

and

isolation

God fucking dammit Nintendo.

Is it so hard? 20 billion fucking different indie devs are making metroid clones or metroidvanias now. Ghost Song is pretty much trying to get as close to Super Metroid as possible. Why is Nintendo not capable of doing this?
>>
>>318284310
I want a good game. I like the 2D games but I think they're kind of outdated.

I would really like another Prime-style game.
>>
File: 145.jpg (165 KB, 640x410) Image search: [Google]
145.jpg
165 KB, 640x410
Hire a real writer so the plot doesn't trip over itself and the character interactions aren't so painful.

This won't happen, of course, since writers are point-blank told what to write by businessmen who are looking at stat boards trying to maximize profit.
>>
Personally I really want a third person 3D Metroid on a new alien planet(s). I'm concerned that Other M's reputation due to all the things it did wrong make that impossible though. So my second choice would be a new 2D one. Sorry Primebros I just don't like the first person ones that much
>>
>>318287260
yes. Though both are amazing games, Prime 2 has a better atmosphere and music.
>>
>>318290546

It's not a conspiracy, it's simply a glimpse of Sakamoto's line of thought regarding the series and how Other M should have been expected.

He views the series in a way that most fans do not, we just didn't notice at the time.

The manga's emphasis on Motherbrain does show a sort of foreshadowing of Sakamotos idea of the character, which goes beyond being an AI and enters an idea between evil HAL rip off and being a misunderstood "mother".

The manga holds Motherbrain as "mother" of metroids, Motherbrain as "mother" of Samus (through her genetic modification). A common criticism of Other M was the weird "mother" shit towards Motherbrain's AI clone, MB and Samus's weird emotional bullshit with her. While the purpose of making her look like a womanlette Samus might have been because the Gfed was trying to emulate THE BABY relationship, it also seems to exist to try and humanize motherbrain into being a misguided "mommy samus". Who wants to raise baby metroids to be evil unlike THE BABY.

>The manga was not bad

The manga was shit. It ruined Metroid 2, made the Chozo look terrible and was the prerequisite for everything wrong with the series today. I don't know why people defend it. Metroids are YOUNGER than samus and were invented by Motherbrain and Zebe Chozo? That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>318284310
I want it to be a sequel to Metroid Fusion.
>>
>>318291565
I'm an aspiring writer and want to write for a Metroid game someday, in addition to writing a Metroid comic book.
>>
>>318291565
character interactions should barely even be a thing
>>
>>318288959
Getting a wall of text while scanning fucks up pacing.
>>
>>318291565
Well the plot for the Prime games were pretty simple and they did pretty well.

The rule is no dialogue for Samus and no dialogue outside of NPC encounters before a fight or something.
>>
>>318291605
If it were third-person, over the shoulder, that'd be amazing and may even open up the gameplay for new ideas, like faster gameplay, more agile Samus, the Speed Booster, etc.
>>
File: 2866733-blood1.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2866733-blood1.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
2D action adventure platforming. They can take it in whatever direction they want from there. Just no more fucking dime a dozen first person shooters and whatever the fuck Other M was.

I don't expect Nintendo to actually do this after over a decade of nothing. Now there is a whole generation of people born after the 2D era of gaming that only know Metroid as a first person shooter. So I've pretty much given up on the series. I've got Iga making them again now anyway.
>>
>>318291704
Why don't you just write something (not)Metroid? Its not like Aliens and Power Armor are terribly unique to begin with.
>>
>>318291739
No metroid game has ever had a wall of text. And besides, if it's important an a paragraph or so it gets stored in your encyclopedia.
>>
File: 138.jpg (146 KB, 585x480) Image search: [Google]
138.jpg
146 KB, 585x480
>>318291704
>I'm an aspiring writer
Hate to break it to you, but that's rather like saying 'Everything's going to be alright' in a horror movie and then taking your bra off.

Directors openly joke about how easily replaceable writers are and how they're willing to work for peanuts.
>>
No elaborate story. No voice acting. No side characters. Just Samus on a planet or two collecting suit upgrades and fighting space pirate dragons.
>>
>>318291902
not that anon but

Because out of all Nintendo's franchises Metroid is ironically the most marketable. Zelda doesn't quite work with the silent protagonist, but Metroid is a perfect fit for adaptation. I'm trying to get into filmmaking and I think Metroid would be perfect for a good movie adaptation, only issue is it's basically have to be "Avatar 2". There no way to film it in the real world.
>>
>>318288625
No he hasn't Sakamoto is still in charge of 2D Metroid. Please read Tanabe's interview at e3, Sakamoto is & still is in charge of Metroid itself. Even though Sakamoto has a 2d team to make Metroid, no matter who makes the next side scrolling Metroid he will always be the Producer.
>>
>>318292214
>James Cameron's Metroid
>>
>>318292145
>Directors openly joke about how easily replaceable writers are and how they're willing to work for peanuts.

You don't know successful writers then. TV show writers are a dime-a-dozen, but creators and main writers they're willing to bend over backwards not to lose. Believe it or not writing makes a program.

There's a reason Aaron Sorkin is mentioned by name when he's attached to a movie. There's a reason The Dark Knight Rises was so much worse than its predecessor.
>>
>>318291902
Kek, I already started writing an outline for JUST that.

>>318292145
I'm thinking about taking up programming as well.
>>
>>318284310

1. Hand-drawn sprites.
2. 2D side scroller. None of that Prime first-person bullshit (Metroid isn't an FPS).
3. Keep story in the background as lore instead of forcing it down our throats like Fusion or Other M.
4. Challenge should be AM2R tier.
5. No ZSS please. Keep this shit serious. If you want fap material, play Smash 4 or go on Sad Panda.
6. Physics engine should use the Zero Mission one, which is perfect in terms of jump mechanics.
>>
Super Pachinkoid
>>
>>318292535
>None of that Prime first-person bullshit (Metroid isn't an FPS).
But Miyamoto himself said it's not an FPS. It's an FPA.
>>
>>318290084
Well since Sakamoto was a Supervisor for that manga meaning he barely had anything to do with it & the manga was written by someone else (which contradicts every game in the series), then the manga will be seen as the lowest form of canon. Sakamoto barely had anything to do with it & Tanabe had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>318286284
Why were the Hunter death scenes in Prime 3 so great?
>>
>>318292719

Either he influenced it or REALLY liked the writers direction and took it to heart, because it shares many elements with Other M.

It seems to have a strong fanbase though, mainly because there are people here who like the X more than metroids.
>>
>>318292958
X > Metroids

It tickles my "The Thing" boner
>>
>>318292958
Yeah what I believe is that Sakamoto was having trouble figuring out how to make a personality for Samus so he fused Fusion Samus with Manga Samus , while he wasn't involved with the Manga he most likely took inspiration from it unfortunately.
>>
>>318284310

1) First and foremost, kill the Adam AI, if that shit is still around. Make him use Samus for some sort of back ops mission so she realizes it's not really him and destroy it. End the abusive relationship.

2) Make a shrine to Other M in the middle of the office space so that it's always remembered as an example of what not to do and don't let Sakamoto into said office.

3) Make Samus a badass again.

4) 2D, no monologuing, little story, no voices, no more than two or three characters besides Samus.
>>
>>318292535
>Metroid isn't an FPS
You're right, and neither is Metroid Prime, so why'd you mention it you baiting faggot?

I want Nintendo to make Prime 4 or something specifically to spite you morons.
>>
File: 1342902582735.jpg (34 KB, 427x231) Image search: [Google]
1342902582735.jpg
34 KB, 427x231
I just want something good. Is that so hard to ask?
>>
>>318293293
>don't let Sakamoto into said office
That's going to be hard when he is still in charge.
>>
>>318293482
Fine, they can nail him to the shrine.
>>
>>318291975
Point is having to stop and look at shit AS A MECHANIC is stupid for an action game. Its the same shit that's been dragging Metroid down for years: "We want to add PLOT" where none is necessary. It started with Prime, where in the first 5 minutes you're reading fucking cargo manifests and other bullshit and just got worse as they started adding cutscenes, which required the game to get more linear until eventually its not Samus the silent loner kicking ass and exploring caves, it's Samus the emotional wreck getting talked down to like a baby because some writer couldn't come up with a reason for Samus to lose power ups between games.
>>
>>318293429
Well, fans of Super had to wait 8 years for the next Metroid game so I guess so.

when did Other M come out?
>>
>>318286578
>implying am2r is coming out in this or the next lifetime
>>
>>318284310
Continuation of Prime 3, find out what the alien ship was up to that followed her at the end and then fuck it's shit up.
>>
>New environment to explore
>No plot carried over from previous games at all
>Prime style scanning/lore
>No more ultra linearity and railroading down a specific path. The world needs to be a big maze

This is all it needs, 2D or 3D.

>>318293739
Prime didn't start that shit, Fusion did, get it straight. Prime's Lore was completely skippable if you didn't want it.
>>
>>318293767
Five since Other M.
Eight since Corruption.
Eleven since Zero Mission.
>>
Have any of you guys played Axiom Verge? It's the best Metroid game I've played in years.
>>
>>318293739
> It started with Prime, where in the first 5 minutes you're reading fucking cargo manifests
You don't have to scan most things, matter of fact, you only have to scan certain switches. You're in-charge of what you read.

Lore is outright unrequired.

> other bullshit and just got worse as they started adding cutscenes
wut, outside of boss encounters the Prime trilogy doesn't really have cutscenes.

>which required the game to get more linear
But the Prime games aren't linear. They just can't be sequence broke.

You're literally only talking about Other M you fag.
>>
>>318293739

And yet the Prime games, especially the first two were great, provided a sense of dread and isolation . Other M turned everything to shit.

For fucks sake, if you take a shot everytime you hear the word 'Baby' you're down before you get to the first boss. If you take one everytime you hear something stupid you're down before you pick up the controller.
>>
File: 1359852258644.png (528 KB, 465x628) Image search: [Google]
1359852258644.png
528 KB, 465x628
>>318294028
I have hope for the NX.
>>
File: Everyday_until_E3.jpg (231 KB, 1214x680) Image search: [Google]
Everyday_until_E3.jpg
231 KB, 1214x680
>>318284310
For there to be a next one.
>>
>>318293969
>Prime's Lore was completely skippable if you didn't want it.
>>318294046
>Lore is outright unrequired.

Except now the second anyone suggests they make a game that doesn't involve exposition, you people flip your shit.
>>
>>318294360
>LORE AND EXPOSITION ARE THE SAME THING GUYS

The fuck is with you? Really?

The Prime trilogy has zero exposition. It's all told through a short intro sequence and from that point on there's literally no dialogue you have to read through.
>>
>>318294360
What are you even talking about? No one here wants there to be mandatory exposition.
>>
File: Metroid-On-Head Retarded.jpg (93 KB, 340x466) Image search: [Google]
Metroid-On-Head Retarded.jpg
93 KB, 340x466
>>318294360

>people would complain if an optional feature was removed from a game
>therefore the feature somehow isn't optional
>>
>>318284310
more prime

less prime 3 though
>>
>Finished Zero Mission 100% hard
>Finished SM
>Finished Legacy
>Finished SM Project Base
>Finished Hyper Metroid

Goddammit I just love these. I want more, but I don't want anything that's hard or frustrating for the sake of it.
>>
>>318295142
Thank you for the name drops anon, now I have more hacks to play

I beat Hyper Metroid a month ago and I fucking loved it. The way they turned Tourian into a flesh hell was amazing

Whatever you do though, stay away from Super Metroid Redesign
>>
File: 1386541845677.jpg (142 KB, 960x731) Image search: [Google]
1386541845677.jpg
142 KB, 960x731
I got a question for all you people.

To 100% Super Metroid you've got to do some insane hunting to figure out where the updgrades are and seemingly randomly shoot in the wall and stuff to find Energy Tanks and what not. Do you guys think that's fun?

I love super metroid but the 100% requirements really turn me off.
>>
>>318284310
Literally just take what Castlevania did after Symphony of the Night and mimic that with Metroid, maybe minus the different MC every game, all the way up to and including Order of Ecclesia or whichever Metroidvania was the last one before Lords of Shadow.
>>
>>318295467
>Do you guys think that's fun?
Yes.
>>
>>318287887
Game and Wario, Tomodachi 3DS, who knows what's going on with him after the merger.

Bet you his next game is a phone game.
>>
>>318295467
Of all the times I played the game, I've never bothered to do 100%. If anything, low% is more fun.
>>
>>318295467
I don't mind collectibles or even hidden collectibles but I don't know shooting random spots is just a chore.
>>
>>318295142

Played a Japanese ROM of Fusion yet?

Not like hard mode Fusion is anything exceptionally difficult but you'll get the extra challenge that NA/Europe was denied, and you don't have to understand a word of Japanese.
>>
>>318289578
She's pretty loyal to the galactic federation for a hired gun, all things considered.
>>
>>318295668
>TFW Kiki Trick never got localized
I realize it would have been a lot of work (like EBA level of localizing) but it looked fun. As much as I don't want Sakamoto touching Metroid I love him for the WarioWare/Rhythm Heaven type stuff.
>>
>>318295926
She was taught by Adam and seems to have a very good relationship with Dane, so it makes sense.

When the corrupt parts of the Federation aren't going full retard with bioweapons, they're pretty cool guys.
>>
>>318295467
I've only 100% that game once. I honestly don't remember where every last expansion is anymore. Now I just play for fun
>>
>>318295467
I love Metroid but I've never bothered to 100% one. Finding hidden items is a nice reward but some of them just don't seem worth going out of your way for.

Especially in the GBA games where you have to pull some silly speed booster tricks to get some upgrades.
>>
>>318295763
Is it too different from normal Fusion? It's my least favorite but I could check it out.
>>
>>318296504

It's essentially ZM hard mode

50 energy from e-tanks, 2 missiles and 1 pbomb from expansions rather than 5 and 2 respectively, and I think enemies do double damage and/or have twice the health
>>
>>318295926
Or perhaps she's wondering why an alien would eat her parents, before coming back fives times as a clone.
>>
>>318296504
>>318296731

forgot to mention that you have to beat normal mode first, so if you only have the patience to play it once then you'd better find a file that has an embedded save or an english romhack if one exists
>>
>>318296746
I just wonder if, after fusion, she would die if she took off the suit.
>>
>>318284310
samus sex simulator with vr support
>>
File: 139483627938.png (563 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
139483627938.png
563 KB, 569x802
>>318297041
It would be extremely painful......
You know because it's fused to her body.
>>
File: 1397860833155.jpg (96 KB, 629x817) Image search: [Google]
1397860833155.jpg
96 KB, 629x817
>>318297087
FEATHER

PUBES
>>
File: 1446392242498.jpg (784 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1446392242498.jpg
784 KB, 900x900
>>318297240
She's a strong woman.
>>
>>318284310

Resident Metroid 4
>>
>>318284310
Post-Fusion and Other M is explained away as a nightmare. Prime style 3D or 2D I don't care just finish the damn story!
>>
>>318297996
...Finish what story? Are all the games not self-contained?
>>
>>318284310
No Zero Suit, and no voice.
>>
File: metroid game leak.webm (3 MB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
metroid game leak.webm
3 MB, 599x337
>>
>>318298928
The fuck is that
>>
>>318299097
metroid game leak
>>
>>318299097

A badly recorded video of a Monster Hunter cutscene.
>>
>>318298928
>Zooms out just before the cutscene presumably ends

Is that third-person? Not that I believe this is an actual leak, but I like to pretend.
>>
>>318299223
I might remember wrong but other than the "cutscene ends and go into first person" the Primes had a few "cutscene ends, go in third person, then black screen and first person".
>>
>>318298928
WHAT IS THIS
>>
>>318299597
It's Monster Hunter 4 you idiots, you can get a bunch of nintendo costumes
>>
>>318299216
ah, should have known...
>>
>>318298928
>>318299097
>>318299223
>>318299597

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0gurJ7Dc6M
>>
>>318299216
Heh.
>>
>>318298928
DID NINTENDO TRICK US WITH FEDERATION FORCE?
>>
>>318299597
>>318300537
How fucking new?

This shit has been posted in every Metroid thread the past few months now.
>>
So how about these for story/game ideas?

>game takes place whenever, sometime after Fusion I guess
>starts off like a typical Metroid game with you landing on some alien planet
>but soon after it starts, you come across the sole survivor of a Space Pirate attack: a little girl (!)
>a principle part of this Metroid game could be protecting and escorting this little girl and getting her suit upgrades of her own so she could defend herself
>>
>>318302139
Or:
>first-person 3D Metroid
>taking place whenever
>everything proceeds like your typical Metroid game, etc.
>but the more the game proceeds, the more it seems something isn't 'right'
>there are subtle hints here and there that there's something else going on
>game pulls a MGS2 or Bioshock and plays the player, using its familiar setup of an established formula, in this case, Metroid, to shock the player with some twist
>could be something like, 'You were never Samus all along, you were a soldier put through simulations to see if you could become the Federation's very own Samus if she were ever killed or too severely harmed to take on a mission or something.' Maybe even a clone.
>Or better yet: you were a highly decorated female soldier kidnapped by Space Pirates and put through simulations, making you think, feel, and act like Samus Aran, to test what could finally stop her once and for all.
>>
>>318302139
>Metroid with loli escort mission
I'm not big on that, honestly. The only thing that'd come out of it I'd probably like is the loli porn.

Anyways, I want an actual Federation Marine game. I really do. 2D or Prime-style, I don't care. Prime-style would be cool to see what their HUD looks like, atleast.
>>
File: samus_by_goldenmusex-d8t5v0c.jpg (167 KB, 739x1080) Image search: [Google]
samus_by_goldenmusex-d8t5v0c.jpg
167 KB, 739x1080
>>318302634
Or how about this:
>2D Metroid
>prequel set before even Zero Mission
>you play as a young-ish Samus Aran (like 18 at the very latest) as she's put through Chozo trials to see if she is worthy

Another one:
>prequel set hundreds of years before Metroid
>inspired by Prometheus
>you play as a female scientist in a role not unlike that of Samus
>you get to meet the Chozo when they first make contact with humanity or some shit
>catch a glimpse into the ancient enemy of the Chozo

>>318302832
I'm not big on loli porn at all, I just LOVE the idea of Samus adopting a little girl with origins not unlike her own, becoming a mother figure, and having a sidekick with Chozo armor just like her own.

>Anyways, I want an actual Federation Marine game. I really do. 2D or Prime-style, I don't care.
You see, there's NOTHING wrong with this idea at all, Federation Force is just a super poor execution of this idea. Ideally I'd like something like the Prime games with a similar art style, tone, and atmosphere, but with 4 player co-op and make it more of a survival-based game with more feeling of dread and even horror. But Nintendo can't even do that.
>>
>Either on handheld or WiiU
>Little to no dialogue
>Focused on exploration
>Get rid of Adam and that stupid whodunit story from Other M
>Either short with replayability in mind or long with multiple paths
>Sequence breaking

That's all I want.
>>
File: 1393143575529.gif (1 MB, 450x291) Image search: [Google]
1393143575529.gif
1 MB, 450x291
Zero suit Samus is sexist. I hope they'll cover her up properly.
>>
I want a 2D 3DS metroid, similar to zero mission. Similar to SM would be good too. Just something fast paced and fun like these. Fuck the story even, just bring me the exploration.
>>
>>318302634

Sounds like an even shittier MGSV
>>
>>318303282
Please no more prequels just make a sequel.
>>
I want Zero Mission 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Zero Mission best Metroid.
>no shitty forced dialogue
>2d
>perfect jump mechanics
>long story
>exploring areas to find upgrades without any hand holding or hints
>>
>>318298928

How did this fool so many people? Or am I being fooled by people pretending to be fooled?
>>
>>318303998
Hell, keep the graphics and sprites completely the same as ZM. It was perfect.
>>
>>318303861
It doesn't have to be though.

>>318303927
Part of me wants to see the series continue past Fusion but another part of me thinks it'd be a letdown by this point.
>>
>>318303998
Super Metroid best Metroid.
>2d
>perfect jump mechanics
>long story
>no chozo statue blocking paths
>atmosphere
>no shitty final boss fight
> no blocking off with unbreakable blocks
>Can fully explore Zebes
>No Power Grip
>Doesn't look like a comic strip
>Not baby's Metroid
>No forced stealth section
>>
File: 1300871204929.jpg (753 KB, 1473x900) Image search: [Google]
1300871204929.jpg
753 KB, 1473x900
I'd like to see an actual 3D action/platforming Metroid game. Like Other M but not shit.
>>
File: 1391836377912.jpg (46 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
1391836377912.jpg
46 KB, 680x684
Super Metroid style and quality, or let Retro Studios have another go at it.

I will be very disappointed with anything else, but I would buy a WiiU SOLELY for this game if they do a good job on it.

I want to give you money, Nintendo, so please just let me.
>>
>>318284310
Partially or fully retcon Other M. If partially, then make it so that the absolute basic events on the bottle ship happened, but Samus wasn't a fucking idiot and Adam wasn't an abusive, murderous jackass whom Samus idolized for no good reason despite his constantly and blatantly trying to kill her. Fusion needs this to not be retroactively shit.
>>
>>318306187
>but I would buy a WiiU SOLELY for this game if they do a good job on it.

this tbpcwy (to be perfectly candid with you)
or an NX or whatever.
>>
File: othermcanon.png (37 KB, 1310x330) Image search: [Google]
othermcanon.png
37 KB, 1310x330
>>318306287

the other games already retcon Other M
>>
>>318294030
I did, it was awesome
>>
>>318294030
It was too short and I didn't like the controls very much.

Was one of the best games I played in recent memory, though.
>>
>>318303563
you're confusing sexy with sexist again
>>
>>318305770
> no blocking off with unbreakable blocks
there's quite a few sections with the fall blocks that prevents you from progressing or going back the way you came. Also the metal walls you have to shoot with missiles to open.
>>
>>318306187
Didn't most of the core members of the Prime trilogy leave Retro?
>>
I want a game like Prime but with faster movement / jumping. Something like a Mirror's Edge blend. Mirror's Edge and Titanfall gave me a thirst for that kind of thing and it could probably be implemented well with a Metroid game if Nintendo tried.
>>
>>318308373
I don't think those two style would merge very well...
>>
>>318308519
Why not? 2D Metroid tends to be very fast. Prime replaced that with a greater emphasis on exploration and fighting enemies. Why not merge the two for something different?
>>
>>318308236
I'm talking about the ones that require you to have an ancient ability to progress further.
>>
>>318308637
2D metroid is fast because it's very easy to spam attacks in any direction while also moving. Prime ain't like that. To combine those two styles would mean compromising on Super Metroid's speed or Prime's combat.
>>
>>318308863

or in a 3D environment it would be even easier to run past or jump over enemies, meaning you could have more precise combat and higher speed as well
>>
>>318284310
Personally, I hope it's a 3v3 soccer game.
>>
>>318305770
SM is my favorite game of all time, but...

Except for the long ass intro

>long story

What do you mean?

Hey, the little creatures were a hint alright.

>atmosphere

Pretty similar to ZM

>no shitty final boss fight

Ok hold on. You mean to say Mother Brain was a good boss? The challenge was the countdown and not even so, unless you play a decent romhack.

>no blocking off with unbreakable blocks

But grey doors are ok?

>Can fully explore Zebes

After you finish most bosses

>No Power Grip

But you can still walljump from ledges

>Not baby's Metroid

No no, the baby is right the fuck there. It's giant and even saves your life.

>No forced stealth section

It was the most fun thing if done really quickly.
>>
>>318309056
>or in a 3D environment it would be even easier to run past or jump over enemies

Nope, that literally has never happened before. 3D control methods combined with speeds that are too fast never turn out well.
>>
>>318309175
The stealth section was the shittiest part of ZM.
>>
>>318309346
Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising did it very well. So did Vanquish.
>>
>>318311008
Those are third-person action games with with locking and not focused on exploration. And neither game is that fast, just combo-heavy. What you're talking about is like Sonic The Hedgehog.
>>
>>318285854
DELETE THIS
>>
>>318311174
>What you're talking about is like Sonic The Hedgehog.

You heard it here first, faster than prime literally means Sanic speed.
>>
>>318311661
>i didn't proofread my own posts
>>
>>318303998
nothing wrong with dialogue, just don't overdo it.
>2d
why restrict yourself to 2d?
>perfect jump mechanics
>Power Grip
>long story
what
true, but the Chozo statues still showed you your next target which was kinda stupid.
>>
>>318307108
It was easily longer than any of the 2D Metroids. What more can you wish for?
>>
>>318309175
>Except for the long ass intro
The intro wasn't even that long, Fusion has a far longer intro.
>What do you mean?
Super is longer than Zero Mission, Zero Mission is short.
>Hey, the little creatures were a hint alright.
Didn't tell you out right where to go.
>Pretty similar to ZM
Super Metroid had many areas that would creep you out. Zero Mission looked like a fucking cartoon.
>Ok hold on. You mean to say Mother Brain was a good boss? The challenge was the countdown and not even so, unless you play a decent romhack.
You trying to say Mecha-Ridley a good boss?
>But grey doors are ok?
They barely even occur & there only used for boss fights at most. Zero Mission decided you needed every upgrade to Zebes.
>After you finish most bosses
Key word "most of", not "all of"
>But you can still walljump from ledges
Walljump took skill bra
>No no, the baby is right the fuck there. It's giant and even saves your life.
I meant the game is not made for two year olds.
>It was the most fun thing if done really quickly.
Its the shittiest portion of the game. Even Fusion got this right.
>>
A prime game that gives you more reason to utilize different beam weapons in combat. In every prime game you more or less end up defaulting to the "last beam" because it's base damage is so high resistances don'the matter.

Or go something like a super metroid route with arm cannon upgrades in that you can turn them on and off. Have different combinations make different beams.

I'd also like a 2D metroid game where Samus's power ups are all metroid based (grapple beam life drain, floating, enhanced strength, ect).
>>
I want more ZSS.
>>
>>318313731
But Prime 1 and 2 both gave you lots of reasons to switch beams. They're pretty good about that actually.

What I want to see is more beams. Give me like 10-12 optional beams on top of the usual four that you absolutely need to beat the game. Give me beams that function like different guns. Give me a shotgun beam, gattling beam, sniper beam, etc.

Also melee attacks.
>>
>>318314825
>Also melee attacks.
No, this is stupid. The only thing that should come close is using the grapple beam to throw an enemy into something/another enemy.
>>
>>318314825
>Give me like 10-12 optional beams on top of the usual four that you absolutely need to beat the game.

That's really excessive. What about 4 or 5 beams that you can mix?
>>
I want a team shooter where you work together to get a ball into a goal. Also, everyone should be chibified because that's my favourite style.
>>
>>318314970
>mixing beams
I like this idea too
>>
>>318315150
Also bonus points if you can get nonsensical combinations going, with effects, like freezing and burning an enemy at the same time by combining the plasma and ice beams.
>>
I just want another good 2D game. They don't have to do anything wildly new, they don't have to go crazy. Just make a good, 2D Metroid. Maybe make it a bit longer than usual, a bit more bang for our buck.

That's it.
>>
File: strongest.jpg (41 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
strongest.jpg
41 KB, 256x256
>>318315150
>mfw combining Ice and Annihilator
>>
>>318315316
I think at the end of the day, before they start experimenting, I really want new 2D and 3D Prime-style games. THEN with the 3D games at least they can start experimenting.

Also I thought of something else I wanted: alt costumes! How great would it be if they did this for a change?

>yfw Light Suit, Dark Suit, PED Suit, Fusion Suit, and Justin Bailey all in as alt costumes
>>
>>318284310
A rehash of Super.
>>
>>318284310
A god damn jungle setting. And no federation people telling me what to do every 5 minutes.
>>
What about Metroid Prime HD rendered in crisp 1080p at 60fps with high-res textures
>>
>>318315542
I just want a new, baseline Metroid. Something to re-anchor ourselves, something to tell us that Metroid is still Metroid.
After that they can make Metroid Kart or Super Metroid Sunshine for all I care. I just want one normal title for once.
>>
>>318284310
A four-player co-op shooter revolving around the Galactic Federation. A future-sport mini game would be cool, too.
I've got a good feeling about this.
>>
>>318316005
Pretty much, yeah. We need a reboot.
I know the words sets off omega-levels of autism-rage on /v/ - but if you look at a Metroid thread, literally everybody is on a different page except for those three Prime-fanboys sucking each other's dicks.
>>
File: 1411282272770.jpg (250 KB, 825x704) Image search: [Google]
1411282272770.jpg
250 KB, 825x704
>>318316127
knock it off
>>
>>318316395
Uh, usually there a few purists but overall metroid fans are pretty tame.
>>
>>318316395
Metroid has never been story heavy, I don't see why we need to reboot the series.
Just make a new Super-style Metroid. It doesn't need to have any relation to past games at all.
>>
File: 18654217541.png (5 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
18654217541.png
5 KB, 400x400
Metroid Prime is Call of Duty for fedorabeards.
>>
Nice 3rd grade reading level bro.
>>
>>318316395
A reboot is completely pointless. Stop suggesting retarded things.
>>
>>318316395
>. We need a reboot.

No we don't. Just say Other M never happened and you're good to go. No one cares about the comic anyway.
>>
I want the shoulder fins back.
>>
File: 20151129_002.png (57 KB, 679x615) Image search: [Google]
20151129_002.png
57 KB, 679x615
What the fuck are they waiting for?
>>
>>318316674
>Just say Other M never happened
You don't even need to do that. Other M is so easily ignored.
Just give us a new Samus design so they can stop using all the Other M ones.
>>
>>318285957
Vanquish has better gameplay but none of the things that make Metroid so good

- Exploration
- Incredible environments
- Enemy variety
- Bosses (Vanquish had some but none as memorable)
>>
>>318316785
Nintendo is incompetent when it comes to Metroid and can't make a good one in-house. However, they are aware of this, and are trying to come up with a way to have someone make a new Metroid for them that they can easily supervise.
>>
>>318317051
Zero Mission and Fusion were EAD, weren't they?
>>
>>318316939
>- Enemy variety
>- Bosses (Vanquish had some but none as memorable)
But Vanquish had great enemy variety and easily some of the best boss fights in any third-person shooter ever.

Honestly just get Platinum to make a Metroid game, GET NINTENDO AND RETRO TO COLLABORATE, OVERSEE, AND WORK WITH THEM TO ENSURE THE LEVEL DESIGN AND 'FEEL' IS UP TO PAR, and we should have a fantastic Metroid game on our hands.
>>
>>318298928
>Hah, nice filename, let's see how fake this shit is
>Looks pretty good for a fanmade thing
>Wait that's fucking Rajang
>I've literally been in this cutscene before
>Fuck
Got my hopes up /v/

Metroid x Monster Hunter when?
>>
>>318295926
We don't really know how countries are set up in Metroid. The feds could be the only group that's not a highly xenophobic empire out to kill everyone else for all we know. We don't even know if the feds are all human or not.
>>
>>318317139

Zero Mission was just a remake, and there was never anything approaching consensus on Fusion's quality until Other M completely ruined all Metroid discussion.

also both of those are over a decade old.
>>
>>318317139
Fusion is the weakest 2D Metroid by a long shot, and ZM is just a remake of Metroid. The part that they came up with that was totally original was the last section with ZS, which is easily the shittiest part of the game by a huge margin. If they really thought they could handle it they'd have shit out a Super remake by now just to cash in on nostalgia, but they haven't. Everyone at Nintendo who knew how to do a Metroid game has either left the company or moved on to different things.
>>
>>318317334
>Metroid x Monster Hunter when?
But that already happened, kinda.
>>
>>318317314

Platinum is too busy making Star Fox and F-Zero and every other /v/ user's dream game.
>>
>>318297996
Prime's story is finished. Metroid Prime/Dark Samus is dead and all the phazon is destroyed.
>>
>>318317314
>Platinum meme

Fuck off.
>>
>>318317649
Maybe for the NX then.
>>
>>318287260
I actually love prime 1 over the others but they all awesome <3
>>
>>318284310
A sequel to Fusion. Prime style. Ambient heavy. Maybe some exposition in the beginning, but leave the rest to voiceless cutscenes and the scan visor.
>>
>>318317670
Prime is the style of game. Miyamoto even used the term in the interview a while back at E3. Grow a brain.
>>
An FPS. There's plenty of Metroidvanias at the moment but not nearly enough variety on modern FPS games.
>>
>>318287260
>Ammo
>Filler dark world
>Notchozo
>NotTallonIV
It's a fantastic game, but Prime is just better.
>>
>>318318036
>There's plenty of Metroidvanias at the moment

you mean indieshits that describe their game as a Metroidvania
>>
>>318317670
What about Sylux's ship? And Hunters happened before 3, so it can't be leading to that
>>
>>318318067
Now hold on a minute. Prime 1 really was better, but the ammo system was fine, Dark Aether was a little bland but at least atmospherically it was great, the Luminoth were a great new addition to the franchise's lore, not being much like the Chozo at all, and Aether was pretty distinct aesthetically from Tallon-IV.
>>
>>318317649
>F-Zero

Did I miss something? I thought FZ was dead.
>>
Does anyone know where I can get the rest of this?
>>
>>318285264
Seconded
>>
>>318318961
nvm, I'm retarded and didn't reverse image search
http://www.metroid-database.com/manga/?vid=9&cid=34
>>
>>318318478
Have you actually seen Sylux's ship? That ship at the end of Prime 3 looks nothing like it. And I said the original Prime series' story is finished. Now they changed Prime to mean any game that's first person, which is why FedForce has it slapped into its name. That ship could be a teaser to a new story, maybe. But unless they retcon some shit I doubt it'd have any real connection to the Prime story.
>>
>>318318576
The big problem of 2 was that the atmosphere took a massive hit after like 30 minutes into the game and never really recovered.
The first 30 seconds were perfect.
>>
>>318317540
This, that's why Sakamoto is in charge of Metroid, b/c he is the only one that worked on the first game where everyone else unfortunately left.
>>
>>318318872
Oh wow I didn't even catch that.

Although to be real, I think Platinum could probably make a great F-Zero game if they wanted to. And Falcon Hand would be the shit.
>>
>>318284310
Have it co-developed by Platinum Games
>>
>>318319150
I don't see how at all.

Atmospherically, it's just as good as the first game really. It's probably the best Metroid game overall at including story elements without intruding upon the player still, and I mean that sincerely.
>>
>>318319201
>Sakamoto is

WAS. They kicked him off after Other M. Presumably Tanabe is "in charge", whatever that means right now.
>>
No next game.
Please Samus was already raped and buried, let her rest in peace.
>>
File: UYcxZ[1].png (149 KB, 747x260) Image search: [Google]
UYcxZ[1].png
149 KB, 747x260
>>318319123
I know, but then Tanabe said Sylux was the pilot of the mysterious ship
>>
>>318319751
And that's semi canon at best unless they actually show it in a game.
>>
>>318319751
>Sylux is going to become the rival for Samus instead of a new, more interesting character with some actual thought put into their design and backstory
I just want a proper humanoid foil to Samus, goddammit.
>>
>>318320008
Sylux is a complete mystery, there's tons of room to explore his character.
>>
>>318319464
In charge of Prime, I know we hate Other M, but please stop trying to change history. Whether we like it or not (& I really don't like it) Sakamoto is in charge of 2D Metroid & Metroid itself & he will Produce the next mainline Metroid game.
>>
>>318320135
Dude, he has gone on record saying he will not return to the series. He wants to make feels games.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metroid-co-creator-sakamoto-doesn-t-want-to-return-to-traditional-games/1100-6419020/
>>
File: 1437632228737.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1437632228737.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>318320132
>implying we know it's a 'he'
Oh shit that just gives me an idea, there should be a character who appears female, but turns out to be male, like reverse-Samus or like the Masked Lumen in Bayonetta 2.
>>
File: Unlimited-Teio Form.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Unlimited-Teio Form.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>318320008
>Wanting the cliched archrival trope in Metroid
I mean, it works in some games (pic related) but I think Metroid is fine without it. Samus fights things bigger than a single guy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.